Pages:
Author

Topic: bitHopper: Python Pool Hopper Proxy - page 91. (Read 355678 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
August 03, 2011, 10:36:21 PM
though it is easy to calc, next to it they should put a new field, total est
so you can see the total estimated earnings of each miner.

if you want to do it manually just multiply your shares by 0.0000264725 (this changes with difficulty and is just 50/current difficulty)

and probably a payout section so you can see total eff.

I think an estimated mhash from each miner(even if miner connects with multiple gpus) would also be nice based on submitted shares timeframe so that you can see how the total mhash is split up between various mining rigs.

On a sidenote, looks like btcpool24 run off with the 2nd block or he is just to lazy to respond in the forum. Json says blocks found:2 yet the site disabled mining. Another gripe I have with btcpool24, this recent block they seem to misreport ~15% of shares less than actually submitted / accepted, wtf .

Yes I noticed the share discrepancies as well.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
August 03, 2011, 10:30:13 PM
Slice scheduler now works.
And I just realized that macboys port looks really glarish to me.
Does everyone like that color scheme better or worse?
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
August 03, 2011, 10:27:18 PM

if you want to do it manually just multiply your shares by 0.0000264725 (this changes with difficulty and is just 50/current difficulty)

I think an estimated mhash from each miner(even if miner connects with multiple gpus) would also be nice based on submitted shares timeframe so that you can see how the total mhash is split up between various mining rigs.

On a sidenote, looks like btcpool24 run off with the 2nd block or he is just to lazy to respond in the forum. Json says blocks found:2 yet the site disabled mining. Another gripe I have with btcpool24, this recent block they seem to misreport ~15% of shares less than actually submitted / accepted, wtf .
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
moOo
August 03, 2011, 10:14:38 PM

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
August 03, 2011, 09:47:02 PM
i believe it is so you can point multiple miners at the same hopper

if you use a different username in your guiminer or command line or w/e you use.. it will keep track of each machines share counts

try it.. stop your miner for a second and rename the user on guiminer or w/e.. restart and suddenly you will have a new username keeping track.

Haha yeh you hit it on the head, thats what its doing.

nice, didn't know it was implemented, everyday I learn something...
August 03, 2011, 09:42:31 PM

if you use a different username in your guiminer or command line or w/e you use.. it will keep track of each machines share counts

try it.. stop your miner for a second and rename the user on guiminer or w/e.. restart and suddenly you will have a new username keeping track.

Haha yeh you hit it on the head, thats what its doing.
moOo
August 03, 2011, 09:40:04 PM

edit:There seems to be a huge bug with it.. there is always that annoying blank user with 0 shares.. why wont he go away.. he is messing up my whole screen.
legendary
August 03, 2011, 09:35:37 PM
Allright I need to throw a noob curveball question.

Ive only now started to test out newer c00w/ed stats page version and wondered what is the user / shares displayed at the bottom left of the stats page or atleast whats the purpose of that.

You and me both.

make that 3
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
August 03, 2011, 09:34:45 PM

Ive only now started to test out newer c00w/ed stats page version and wondered what is the user / shares displayed at the bottom left of the stats page or atleast whats the purpose of that.

You and me both.
August 03, 2011, 09:32:06 PM

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
August 03, 2011, 09:30:23 PM
I am still at the old version without the slice things..This seems pretty stable..

What is the status of the new version? Is it stable and should I update or just wait a bit more?
What is the idea of the slice things and is there any benefit?

Stay on the old version.

The reason you want to do the slicing thing if possible is that say MtRed finds a block and then almost immediately afterward bitclockers finds a block.  Bithopper will switch to bitclockers and you will miss out on MtRed completely.  If MtRed has a fast round, then you just missed out on a massive payday.  With slicing, you will mine bitclockers for a bit, switch to MtRed for a bit, then switch back to bitclockers, etc, etc, etc.  So if one of the two has a fast round you are sure to catch it with at least some shares. 

At least this is my interpretation of it.  Doesn't seem to be working in any of the new versions I have tested though. 
August 03, 2011, 09:23:26 PM
Ed, the scheduler option for RoundTimeDynamicPenaltyScheduler  , does that actually work?

I get the following error when I try to use that:

Code:
[03:08:31] Selecting scheduler: RoundTimeDynamicPenaltyScheduler
[03:08:31] FATAL Error, scheduler did not return any pool!

c00w said it's just a placeholder

Ok but I was wondering if Ed actually worked on it, since I am refering to his fork.

My guess is its just a placeholder still, hopefully not for long Wink
legendary
August 03, 2011, 09:23:16 PM
Ugh, I'm considering giving up on this.

MtRed just started a new block.   Bithopper refuses to move to it, instead preferring to stay on bloody's.   So, I've gone into user.cfg and disabled bloody's.  Restarted bithopper, and yep, it's connected to bloody's.

Sad

It's all a bit hard right now.

Yeah I feel ya. The amount of rage and frustration that ensues after multiple tries is enough to give up. Ed's is working well for me right now so I'm going to leave that until c00w gets all the bugs worked out Cheesy

Also will backup_latehop work for SMPPS and PPLNS pools?

I think it works, just like mine_charity mine_friendly does for prop. but for this one you're actually being paid
legendary
August 03, 2011, 09:19:51 PM
I am still at the old version without the slice things..This seems pretty stable..

What is the status of the new version? Is it stable and should I update or just wait a bit more?

better stay with that atm , having issues with the new one
the benefit would be getting a "slice" of the pie on every available pool, do some numbers Wink
legendary
August 03, 2011, 09:17:26 PM
Ed, the scheduler option for RoundTimeDynamicPenaltyScheduler  , does that actually work?

Code:

c00w said it's just a placeholder
Activity: 174
August 03, 2011, 09:15:55 PM

August 03, 2011, 09:12:29 PM

Code:

moOo
August 03, 2011, 09:03:33 PM
eds seems to have an issue jumping to the backups.. rather than leaving them be until all under 43% pools are satisfied. even with back_latehop for mine role

slice info disappeared and hasnt been back in a long while
Activity: 196
August 03, 2011, 09:01:09 PM

MtRed just started a new block.   Bithopper refuses to move to it, instead preferring to stay on bloody's.   So, I've gone into user.cfg and disabled bloody's.  Restarted bithopper, and yep, it's connected to bloody's.

Sad

Yeah I feel ya. The amount of rage and frustration that ensues after multiple tries is enough to give up. Ed's is working well for me right now so I'm going to leave that until c00w gets all the bugs worked out Cheesy

Also will backup_latehop work for SMPPS and PPLNS pools?
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
August 03, 2011, 08:54:39 PM

Sad

Pages:
Jump to: