Pages:
Author

Topic: BITMAIN Antminer S3 support and OverClocking thread - page 15. (Read 158132 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Any idea what changed in the newest version of bitmaintechs s3 firmware. it has a field for voltage and its not filled and there's no buttons to apply it if I knew the voltage.

I guess I'm going to turn back to v4 firmware and hope for an update soon.
Activity: 518
My sweet spot is 243.75. One if them does 250 @ ~504 GH/s with very few errors.

One thing I've noticed with the S3's is sometimes when you reboot them they get stuck at a low hash rate. I just reboot again and the problems goes away.
If you are powering it up OK (an S3+) then you could go for 262.5 @~ 525 GH/s (look at the thread in my sig).

Also, if you reboot via the GUI or power-cycle then yes, the "reported" hash rate in the GUI will be low (in actual fact the unit is hashing normally). If you reboot via SSH (or scheduled tasks) then you'll not have this anomally.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
So I started trying to overclock my S3 this weekend and I edited the config file and everything to overclock it to 250, however, there wasn't a change in my hash rate and on the miner stats page, it says my frequency is still 225. I've messed around with it and can't figure out why it won't respond to my edits in the config file. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You.
First, you should read the earlier comments where it is clearly explained that editing the asic-freq file will NOT do it (for S3+). If your firmware is still S3, then you'll have to update it to the latest from the bitmain site.

To overclock, browse to the Miner Configuration tab and click on Advanced Settings (greyed-out), then select your required frequency from the drop-down (stock is maxed to 250) then click Save and Apply.

Excuse for not reading those comments, I went through the first few pages and couldn't find an answer, and it didn't seem like anyone else had the same problem I did but thats probably becuase it was a dumb question. Thanks for helping a noob.
So I started trying to overclock my S3 this weekend and I edited the config file and everything to overclock it to 250, however, there wasn't a change in my hash rate and on the miner stats page, it says my frequency is still 225. I've messed around with it and can't figure out why it won't respond to my edits in the config file. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You.
First, you should read the earlier comments where it is clearly explained that editing the asic-freq file will NOT do it (for S3+). If your firmware is still S3, then you'll have to update it to the latest from the bitmain site.

To overclock, browse to the Miner Configuration tab and click on Advanced Settings (greyed-out), then select your required frequency from the drop-down (stock is maxed to 250) then click Save and Apply.
Activity: 8
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
Just had a few more S3's from B10 delivered all working fine except for 1.

I setup the miner restarted it, found it on its new IP. I can SSH into it but cannot manage it through the web GUI.

Anyone else had this problem?

Any suggestions?

I tried resetting it, again went in on 192.168.1.99 and reconfigured it, soon as it reboots you can't manage it from a web browser?

I checked the pool and its happily mining away, I just cant manage it Sad

I did wonder about flashing the firmware to see if that fixes it?

If anyone can offer any help/suggestions I'd be grateful.

EDIT:- I reset the S3 to factory settings and flashed the firmware, all good now Smiley
Activity: 2
Hey guys.
I've done an overclock on my Antminer s3+ and everything is changed and saved but unfortunately the clockrate and the hashspeed on the webinterface stays the same.
Anyone who had the same issue?

Did you just change the clock from 218 to 225? Sometimes that will not up the hashrate. You may need to try higher or stick with 218.

I also have a similar problem, i did all the changes from 218 to 250 freq. But when i go to check on the antminer ip address 192.168.1.99 the frequency on the miner status bar show the old frequency 225 mmmm that has always been the same ebeen when it was set in 218 freq by default. im just wondering why ?

Does anyone of you know why ?
Hey guys.
I've done an overclock on my Antminer s3+ and everything is changed and saved but unfortunately the clockrate and the hashspeed on the webinterface stays the same.

Where did you overclock? via the UI or did you SSH?
With S3+ you overclock via UI, aka Miner Configuration -> Advanced Settings then change on the dropdown. After simply press Save and Apply (bottom right corner).
Activity: 857
Merit: 1000
Anger is a gift.
Hey guys.

Did you just change the clock from 218 to 225? Sometimes that will not up the hashrate. You may need to try higher or stick with 218.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Hey guys.
Activity: 17
After about a week all 11 of my S3's will restart. Anybody else had this issue?

Have you chked your psu's ? R they overclkd? How many r on a psu ? Lastly , do you have a good connection making the jump on the psu's ?
 I Have had simialar issues when overclocking either too much draw on the psu and or the jumper just seems to lose its connection to run the psu !
Activity: 857
Merit: 1000
Anger is a gift.
After about a week all 11 of my S3's will restart. Anybody else had this issue?
PSU for S3 question
I just recently bought 4 S3+ B8, and i need to know if 2 Corsair CS750M can run 4 S3+ at same time(1 PSU for 2 S3): http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/cs-series-modular-cs750m-750-watt-80-plus-gold-certified-psu

One guy told me that i can run 1 Corsair CS650M in 1 and a half S3+, so 2 CS650M can run 3 S3+, but if i had to go for the CS650M i had to buy 3 PSU to power up 4 S3+ in the other hand if 750W can supply 2 S3+ i need only 2 CS750M.

So can a 750W PSU run 2 S3+ or do i need an 850W PSU?
If i decide to OC the miners can i do it with the 1PSU(750W or 850W) for 2 S3+ B8 setup?

I have two S1's overclocked running on an 850 , I would think as long as your running stock freq you should be ok ! however if you r going to overclock them you will need a minimum of an 850 !
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
PSU for S3 question
I just recently bought 4 S3+ B8, and i need to know if 2 Corsair CS750M can run 4 S3+ at same time(1 PSU for 2 S3): http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/cs-series-modular-cs750m-750-watt-80-plus-gold-certified-psu

One guy told me that i can run 1 Corsair CS650M in 1 and a half S3+, so 2 CS650M can run 3 S3+, but if i had to go for the CS650M i had to buy 3 PSU to power up 4 S3+ in the other hand if 750W can supply 2 S3+ i need only 2 CS750M.

So can a 750W PSU run 2 S3+ or do i need an 850W PSU?
If i decide to OC the miners can i do it with the 1PSU(750W or 850W) for 2 S3+ B8 setup?
 Just a quick update for everyone , I changed out the new power control board and was able to bump up the unit without any errors ! Its been 20 min and it is still climbing ,but only at 415 m/hs avg right now !

May try different hash brds later !

Baylard................
Wehey! Good on you!
20mins is no time, it will climb (finger crossed) higher.
Power control board ...? What is that?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong please , It is my assumption ( everyone has one  Wink ) that the control board that comes wit the upgrades is for power reduction ! Since the new architecture uses less power they had to have something to reduce the voltage  Huh   
I do not think that to be correct. I believe the control board is simply for hashing, since there are different & less chips on board, they need to be "addressed" differently. Unfortunately, the firmware on the control board chip is closed-source so no more insight into that. In fact, the control board draws power from the main hashing board to power it (and the AR933 ..? board).
Suffice to say, the power to the chips is controlled by on-board chips (on both the S1 and S3 boards).

Well , in jumping through some hoops for bitmain before they'll give me an rma # , I stopped long enough to read the new adapter board ! It says right on it under there brand , S3_ctrlboard_Power_v1.1  ............
 Just a quick update for everyone , I changed out the new power control board and was able to bump up the unit without any errors ! Its been 20 min and it is still climbing ,but only at 415 m/hs avg right now !

Baylard................
Wehey! Good on you!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong please , It is my assumption ( everyone has one  Wink ) that the control board that comes wit the upgrades is for power reduction ! Since the new architecture uses less power they had to have something to reduce the voltage  Huh   
I do not think that to be correct. I believe the control board is simply for hashing, since there are different & less chips on board, they need to be "addressed" differently. Unfortunately, the firmware on the control board chip is closed-source so no more insight into that. In fact, the control board draws power from the main hashing board to power it (and the AR933 ..? board).
Suffice to say, the power to the chips is controlled by on-board chips (on both the S1 and S3 boards).

Baylard................
Wehey! Good on you!

legendary
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8515
'The right to privacy matters'
I've got a S3+ powered on for the first time (was used purchased on eBay) and logged into 192.168.1.99.  Under "Miner Status" shouldn't it be showing the fan speed, frequency and temps under "Antminer"?  I've only got "This section contains no values yet".  Sorry for the newbie question.

go to this page

then go here

set up a proper internet link /path like I did.  my router uses 192.168.0.1

some routers use .1.   make all them match    to your router

all 1's or all 0's   in that spot.

then go here
put in your pools
Activity: 574
237.5 mhz is the best frec for a S3, mine are runing cold (39 - 40) : hashrate 450 - 460
Activity: 278
Merit: 254
I've got a S3+ powered on for the first time (was used purchased on eBay) and logged into 192.168.1.99.  Under "Miner Status" shouldn't it be showing the fan speed, frequency and temps under "Antminer"?  I've only got "This section contains no values yet".  Sorry for the newbie question.

Don't worry about "no values yet".  That's because you don't have a working connection to a pool so the unit isn't hashing. This may be because the ant isn't set up to work properly on your network.

Set up your network first with a dedicated IP address for the unit and a working DNS address.  I did this by finding out the MAC address of the ANT (the "WAN" interface) and assigned a permanent address on my LAN in the permanent assignment section of my router's DHCP server, also assigned it a name  "ant1".  Then I set the new Ant to use a DHCP client to get its address.  At this point I lost contact with my browser since it was using the factory ip.  So I connected to the new IP address from my browser and continued the set up.  (With my router it was only necessary to type the name ant1 in the browser URL.) If you don't run a DHCP server on your network then you can assign manual IPs as part of setup, but you will have to get a bunch of information correct. If you do run a DHCP server and want to use it to assign a MAC address,  it is not really necessary to find out the new ants MAC address and enter it into the DHCP permanent lease table, but I find it useful, because that way IP addresses don't change over power failures.

With the network set up and talking to the ant with the new IP address I then set up the system name, time zone.  I generated a new password and wrote it down in a secure place and then changed the password for root in the ant to this new password. 

Now I set up the miner pool table with my chosen pool information.  At this point the Miner Status tab shows the values you were missing, possibly after a few second delay to establish a connection.  If not, then the most likely problem is that you put in incorrect pool information.

Pages:
Jump to: