Pages:
Author

Topic: BITMAIN Antminer S3 support and OverClocking thread - page 16. (Read 158132 times)

Activity: 338
Merit: 250
I've got a S3+ powered on for the first time (was used purchased on eBay) and logged into 192.168.1.99.  Under "Miner Status" shouldn't it be showing the fan speed, frequency and temps under "Antminer"?  I've only got "This section contains no values yet".  Sorry for the newbie question.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
   Of coarse the upgraded firmware could possibly help ! Is this an upgraded unit or the actual s3 unit from bitmain ? Are U using all four power connections ? frankly i'm not , but we are told by bitmain to do so if overclocking ! I seem to have one bad power board and one bad cable in my upgrades ! ordered three for myself and one for my friend ! Waiting for him to do his upgrade and c if everything is well before reporting the bad parts to bitmain ! Remember there website says the s3's do 453ghs +or- 5 0/0 ! if your not getting that at the stk freq then its time to tlk with them !

Baylard..........
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
I have 1 S3 that has a low hashrate. I set to 250 with the miner configuration web page. I opened the asic-freq file and made sure it was set to 250. Still hashes under 400 GH/s. Any suggestions? I haven't loaded latest firmware. Should I?

I was suspecting my network but I have another S3 overclocked and hashing fine. I changed ports on the switch it was connected to. I was using a wireless bridge and changed it to a cabled connection to the router. Ive tried a couple lower frequencies but always under 400.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
 Just a quick update for everyone , I changed out the new power control board and was able to bump up the unit without any errors ! Its been 20 min and it is still climbing ,but only at 415 m/hs avg right now !

May try different hash brds later !

Baylard................
Wehey! Good on you!
20mins is no time, it will climb (finger crossed) higher.
Power control board ...? What is that?
  Just a quick update for everyone , I changed out the new power control board and was able to bump up the unit without any errors ! Its been 20 min and it is still climbing ,but only at 415 m/hs avg right now !

May try different hash brds later !

Baylard................
  No i did not , tried another software reboot , it finally came bk up ! Looks like a hardware issue , guess I gotta yell at Bitmain !

Baylard..............
Peace.
  No i did not , tried another software reboot , it finally came bk up ! Looks like a hardware issue , guess I gotta yell at Bitmain !

Baylard..............
 Well thank u for your time , fyi after changing freq system brd 1 stayed xd out , After rebooting Brd 1 came up n brd two did not  Huh Huh Huh Huh
Did you do a power recycle? I have cleared x'es by doing an SSH reboot, which had failed to clear by a power cycle. Having said that, what hash speed do you get with the x'ed out board?
  Well thank u for your time , fyi after changing freq system brd 1 stayed xd out , After rebooting Brd 1 came up n brd two did not  Huh Huh Huh Huh
Guess i'll try another new power brd , then hash brd  Huh
 Trying to think  Huh when I first set this one up , it didn't seem right ! in the process of debugging n chking cables one of the new cables smoked ! But then I changed hash brds , controller brd , power brd . basically everything  Huh Huh Huh Physical chking of the unit shows the new cable to xd out brd getting quit warm !???
Smoking gun! (no pun intended). Though I am at a loss as to why that may happen; as far as I can fathom, those cables do not  (are not supposed to) carry any significant amount of current to the point of getting warm.

It is at this point that I declare myself out! I have exhausted my limited knowledge and experience and this is clearly something someone else (bitmain maybe?) will have to address.
  Trying to think  Huh when I first set this one up , it didn't seem right ! in the process of debugging n chking cables one of the new cables smoked ! But then I changed hash brds , controller brd , power brd . basically everything  Huh Huh Huh Physical chking of the unit shows the new cable to xd out brd getting quit warm !???
  Damn , 64 hw in 5 min n hash brd one completely xd out at that freq !!!! Huh Huh Huh
Baylard.......
That does NOT look good! I'd switch back to stock freq. Are you powering up this unit OK? Also, never known an entire board being x'ed out .... unless there is a loose connection somewhere!? (just thinking ... but double check all are well connected).
   Damn , 64 hw in 5 min n hash brd one completely xd out at that freq !!!! Huh Huh Huh

Baylard.......
k , Just bumped it to your recommendation , let u now this eve how its looking  Wink

Thnx Again

Baylard...........
the rate is 88 , I was trying to figure out how to past the data without it going scrambled  Huh Everything is coated well with thermal paste temps r 43 c .
88 HW errors is quite good after 10 hrs so I believe you may have one of those units that will work better at a higher freq. Try notching it up to the 243'ish freq and see how it hashes.

EDIT: - missed your last bit .... Hmmmm! strange. Then do a power cycle when you can, because from your HW errors, it seems you have it powered OK, unless the errors dramatically increase at the higher freq.
the rate is 88 , I was trying to figure out how to past the data without it going scrambled  Huh Everything is coated well with thermal paste temps r 43 c .

Also tried at 4 hrs bumping up the freq but seemed to slow more Huh
on a second note.......
 Does anyone have an upgrade that is hashing BELOW promised rate ? The first one I did is not hashing about 410 at ten hrs run time ? The second is avraging 440 in 45 min ! my thoughts are with the new voltage/hash board !? Any ideas ?

Not all units hash well at stock frequencies, but my experience has been that those that do not hash well at stock frequency tend to hash better (speed-wise) at higher frequencies. So if the unit doing 410 GH/s after 10hrs is running at 225, set it a notch up and see how it handles that (of course assuming you are powering it up adequately for either frequency AND that you installed the heatsinks with enough paste / pads). How is the HW rate of the "under-performing" unit?

But generally, the kits I've deployed are, in my opinion S3+ rated if not better.
  I apparently misread the your instructions  Undecided Embarrassed I finally checked/set my dhcp and finally came up hashing !!!  Did the second one this morning and had no problems at all  Grin  I appreciate your time and input ! I guess I have to get a hold of Bitmain now to get another power/hash cable before I can do the last one !

on a second note.......
 Does anyone have an upgrade that is hashing BELOW promised rate ? The first one I did is not hashing about 410 at ten hrs run time ? The second is avraging 440 in 45 min ! my thoughts are with the new voltage/hash board !? Any ideas ?

Thnx

Baylard................
   Well I guess i could use a little help the the cgminer upgrade ! Sad Huh I have downloaded and tried to instal thru the gui about 8 times now and have had no luck !!!! Huh I receive an error of download link bad , or such !?!
You did NOT carry out the instructions I gave you above!

If you are getting an error trying to download cgminer, then you STILL have your network set to static IP. Go to Network -> Interfaces and click on Edit (LAN) then change the protocol to DHCP Client, and finally click on Save & Apply. Your rig should start to hash straight away (or soon after you Save & Apply), you will also be able to download cgminer 4.6 after that.

It does pay to read ....

EDIT: I am assuming that you are connecting via LAN and not WiFi. If you are connecting via WiFi, then rather than edit the LAN, do the WiFi ....
    Ive tried the lower frequency for the s3 with no luck ! what freq did u use ? I am in the middle of trying firmware from first on up to c if it will hash !

Baylard
Pages:
Jump to: