Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain Launches the New Antminer T9 Bitcoin Miner - page 16. (Read 38774 times)

Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Paid an hour ago using bitcoin, confirmed 4 times, yet my order status still shows unpaid..

Anybody had their orders confirmed?

Suspense is killing me Tongue
Ours is still unpaid,just patiently waiting...
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Paid an hour ago using bitcoin, confirmed 4 times, yet my order status still shows unpaid..

Anybody had their orders confirmed?

Suspense is killing me Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
Guys please don't be suckered in by this Bullsh*t

Stop letting htem get away with this

ALL this is, is bitmain getting rid of their poor run chips, that didn't meet 29 effeciency, they banked them and just put them together.

SAME reason why the batch hash rates varied, they put good/bad boards together in other packages based ont he avg hash rate.

This is another way for them to pass on shit chips that didn't meet specs, and make you pay for them

30-40% more power??? Come on!
Activity: 868
Merit: 517
The efficiency comparison:

S9 11TH:
Power Consumption   1078W +10% (Batch 22) (at the wall, with Bitmain’s APW3 PSU,93% efficiency, 25°C ambient temp)

T9 11.5TH
Power Consumption   1450W  +7% (at the wall, with Bitmain's APW3 PSU, 93% efficiency, 25°C ambient temperature)       
Activity: 441
Merit: 250
No zuo no die why you try, u zuo u die dont be shy
Another new variant of S9, but are we getting more S9's???
Activity: 469
Merit: 500
We went ahead and purchased 15 R4's and 20 of the T9's for our own operation. We will keep you guys updated and post some pics when they come in hopefully this week!

im jealous  lol , i wish i could afford to buy 5-10 or however many t9's , een being less efficiant then an s9 they would run for a very long time at my dc with my power rates
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
We went ahead and purchased 15 R4's and 20 of the T9's for our own operation. We will keep you guys updated and post some pics when they come in hopefully this week!
Activity: 11
Looks like still s9 still a good choice to buy than this because of the power comsumption and the speed of miner..
Much better to choose batch 23 asic s9.. but we lets see what will be reviews about this new release.
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
I'd guess the lower efficiency is because they upped the voltage to the chips - could be the instability seen in the S9 and R4 units is due to the chips having barely enough voltage to run in Bitmain's quest to make the most efficient miner...

Up the voltage and you get less efficiency but possibly much more stability.  Just my .02BTC

Possibly.  I did receive an email direct from Bitmain making me aware of the release today.  Part of that email stated they would not release another batch of S9 until Chinese New Year ended so it doesn't look like they are stopping production of that unit.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 538
I'm in BTC XTC
I'd guess the lower efficiency is because they upped the voltage to the chips - could be the instability seen in the S9 and R4 units is due to the chips having barely enough voltage to run in Bitmain's quest to make the most efficient miner...

Up the voltage and you get less efficiency but possibly much more stability.  Just my .02BTC
Activity: 211
Merit: 100
Less efficient? Dunno why they're even trying now. Don't see many people buying one, at least the S7LN had a few buyers. If they did something like the LN with the S9 I'd buy it but just looks like the one fan variant of the S7 they did a while back.

I would buy a LN variant of the S9 as well.. 
Activity: 28
ok, link is working. Max order quantity 50
Activity: 1078
Merit: 255
Hopefully reliability is ok for this one. I might buy this one.
Activity: 11
Is the purchasing link working for anyone yet?

Not yet for me
Activity: 28
Is the purchasing link working for anyone yet?
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
I'm definitely going to try these out. I'm hopeful the decreased efficiency is offset by increased reliability.

Since when has that ever been the case?

My guess is it's a cost thing. Bitmain just wants more money and nobody has a competitive product so they know they can get away with it. Kinda like they did with S5 and S7.
Activity: 868
Merit: 517
This seems like an acknowledgement of what everyone knows.  The S9 has design issues.  While we have looked at the A7 and could not figure out the huge efficiency differences between the Antminer and the Avalon in efficiency it appears that now we may know why.  This seems like an acknowledgement that the design has problems with the S9 and most likely the R4 as well. 

This would appear to put the T9 back on turf with the A7 for efficiency or getting pretty close.  If this is what it takes to make the miners stable and less prone to failure then so be it.  But now the T9 has to live in the shadow of the S9 which appears to be a more efficient miner that has hardware issues. 

So will miners gamble and keep ordering S9's if they become available?  Or will they choose stability and possibly reliability instead?  Maybe Bitmain will make that choice for us and just not offer the S9 going forward?
Activity: 384
Merit: 256
I'm definitely going to try these out. I'm hopeful the decreased efficiency is offset by increased reliability.

Update:
Reliability has been great! Not a single failure from the first batch. Reminds me of the S7s.

Update #2:
We've got another 50 T9s arriving the first week of March. Check my signature if you're interested.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
In this state of technology 50% more power consumption as the S9???
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129
Bitcoin FTW!
Less efficient? Dunno why they're even trying now. Don't see many people buying one, at least the S7LN had a few buyers. If they did something like the LN with the S9 I'd buy it but just looks like the one fan variant of the S7 they did a while back.
Pages:
Jump to: