Pages:
Author

Topic: BitMarket.Eu has closed down - page 14. (Read 203867 times)

Ted
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
March 25, 2013, 04:47:17 PM
I paid 10.85 EUR for my coins 2012-12-12 and tried to withdraw them om 2012-12-13. This should be the pinned value of my lost coins.
Activity: 20
Activity: 607
Merit: 500
March 24, 2013, 02:42:49 PM
Good luck, and hope you finally straighten your decision track record and reputation.

Thanks, I hope this as well and will work hard to make it happen.

Update: the site is now online
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
March 24, 2013, 01:51:25 PM
The site is ready to be reopened. I only have to check it with the new investors, and it will be launched. So yes, I'll prove you wrong so you can see that I'm serious about the promises I made before.

Good luck, and hope you finally straighten your decision track record and reputation.
March 24, 2013, 01:45:08 PM
(...) For handling frozen coins and repaying the debts, Bitmarket.eu website will be used. This week the site will be reopened with trading functions removed (...)

@vv01f: Thanks. The FAQ will be placed on Bitmarket.eu site when it's reopened. I hope in this week.

Seems to me, like reopening the site this week is just another broken promise in the chain of broken promises.
I would not be surprised, if it remains closed forever, following an announcement, that reads something like this:

Note that all of us have day jobs so most work can be done on evenings and on weekends.
The site is ready to be reopened. I only have to check it with the new investors, and it will be launched. So yes, I'll prove you wrong so you can see that I'm serious about the promises I made before.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
March 24, 2013, 11:08:42 AM
(...) For handling frozen coins and repaying the debts, Bitmarket.eu website will be used. This week the site will be reopened with trading functions removed (...)

@vv01f: Thanks. The FAQ will be placed on Bitmarket.eu site when it's reopened. I hope in this week.

Seems to me, like reopening the site this week is just another broken promise in the chain of broken promises.
I would not be surprised, if it remains closed forever, following an announcement, that reads something like this:

"Dear users, I have again very bad news for you. Somehow (by an unknown virus, another hack, or a stupid mistake) the user-database was destroyed completely and all user-data from bitmarket.eu is now lost. I am very sorry, but from now on you will have to provide us with explicit evidence, what exact amount of bitcoins you were holding at our site, in order for us to proceed with the repayment plan. So please do not post angry comments, because I am sooo sorry..."

But of course you are free to prove me wrong.
BTW I submitted my application to eurid.eu.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
March 23, 2013, 12:27:11 AM
I already posted in the other thread that we need to attack MtGox holding our coins and most likely working with our coins, while not answering to the liquidators. This is crap, and I really don't know how they can get away with it, above all the other shit they have made a name for (tainting coins, freezing accounts, and only claiming to laws and restrictions whenever it fits their own purposes.
March 22, 2013, 03:27:28 PM
@manfred: Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I too think that for success the service not only needs money, but real people that will work for its success. I know I will, and from meeting the investors in person I was assured that they are also very dedicated. Finally, when the service is ready, I hope that people people with frozen funds will also help by just using the site and sharing their suggestions, because its if the site succeeds, everyone gets a great service for them to use, and creditors will get their funds back.

Unfortunately the Bitcoinica liquidators are silent. I contacted them some time ago and just got the "we don't have any more information at this time" response. When I get any information from them I will definitely share it here.
legendary
Activity: 966
Energy is Wealth
March 22, 2013, 11:35:41 AM
with so many different interests at stake no system will ever please everyone. the trouble with the current project is the number of participants. 6 , 10 or whatever the final number will be is just like any of the thousands other new startups, a far cry from a few hundred people wanting it to succeed and working for it. more than money and a code is required to grow fast and successful. to this day the best and fastest way to expend is by word of mouth (and most economical). it does make a different if 6 or 600 spread the word. investment does not only mean there is a bundle of money, lets go, customer satisfaction is important as is the reach of the broader mass. if average joe on the street  with basic or no english can use the side and gets at least basic help in his native language then the user-base really can grow rapidly. it can be done in two ways paying a professional or have dedicated people with some spare time to respond in forums or on the web sides help section in Italian, French, Danish.......
with old bitmarket customers left standing in the rain there is no real incentive for anyone to do anything, so most will just wait for m4v3r to work of his debt. with users direct involvement its a different scenario, a link to the side here or there, a comment, story or mention in French, Spanish, Czech.... is done easy, if i know it benefits me directly and at no cost.
i can see “tacoexperience” point and also the new investors, can they marry in some form to maximum fulfil the enormous potential of Bi Talo? 
On another note is there a time frame when to expect some satoshis back from bitcoinica?
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721
March 22, 2013, 09:22:50 AM
A typical job in a Polish McDonald's pays around 1.7€ per hour...
xyz
Activity: 1848
Merit: 772
March 22, 2013, 05:43:54 AM
You are missing the point though.. What they are doing is not a "solution" .. just are just opening a new business that has nothing to do with whatever happened at bitmarket.eu .. They just happen to employ the person that scammed everyone, and that person can use that salary to pay people back. No difference really that Maver getting a job a macdonalds to pay everyone, is there?

The original idea was the the were going to re-open the business, and use profits to pay back btc owed. That's not what they're doing.. As they stated, the new entity has nothing to do what whatever happened with any other website or scam, that's it.

That's just the reality. I'm not being pessimistic. I was hoping I was going to see something back from what I'm owed, which is not much, thankfully. But they already said that now they want nothing to do with it. So that's it.

First I thought too that bitmarket.eu should be taken over from the new owner... But I think it is simply not possible - because if they did, they have to take over ALL debts and no one knows whether they ever will be able to pay all debt out! this would be not a good basic for a new start - no one would give new money...

And another thing what makes me very glad: Here a lot of people give a man (the old owner of bitmarket) the chance to recover his fault himself! It is great that not the law or the justice put him in prison or make him for lifetime a bad man (nobody has something from a man in prison or in despair) but let him be a man and do what he can to reimbursing as much as possible! I love the internet and I love the people who doing such things and I love bitcoins! We have the chance to change the world - a little bit ...
Good luck for all of us!
Activity: 271
March 22, 2013, 05:06:42 AM
good luck with paying back the debts with a mc donalds job, so whats your plan? How much do you want to invest to bail out bitmarket? ;-)
Activity: 19
March 22, 2013, 02:44:59 AM
You are missing the point though.. What they are doing is not a "solution" .. just are just opening a new business that has nothing to do with whatever happened at bitmarket.eu .. They just happen to employ the person that scammed everyone, and that person can use that salary to pay people back. No difference really that Maver getting a job a macdonalds to pay everyone, is there?

The original idea was the the were going to re-open the business, and use profits to pay back btc owed. That's not what they're doing.. As they stated, the new entity has nothing to do what whatever happened with any other website or scam, that's it.

That's just the reality. I'm not being pessimistic. I was hoping I was going to see something back from what I'm owed, which is not much, thankfully. But they already said that now they want nothing to do with it. So that's it.

GsR
Activity: 34
March 21, 2013, 11:26:56 AM
Why don't you try to be a little bit more positive in your life ?
At least they are trying to fix something, maybe not in the perfect way, but they are doing something also for people like you.
So the minimum you can do is to avoid sentences like "Gosh you must have no brains" or other like this, unless you are able to come out with a better solution .... but until now I don't see anything from your side except affronts

March 21, 2013, 08:29:55 AM
Not complaining.. just stating the reality.

I hope someone in Europe takes some of his precious time and take this to court. The fact that this whole scam, the new website, involvement of maver et all is all written here in plain English must give a good lawyer that lives on challenges a game to play, to ensure all these new "owners" are liable.

Think about it, if a business fail, owes money to a lot of people, then a group of people, including the person responsible for losing the money, gets together to open "the same business" under a different name, (generalising, of course, but a bitcoin trade website is a bitcoin trade website), then there is a lot of leeway for connections and liability. Will set a nice new case law.

I know and read everything that has been written here, but you guys "investing" are just plain stupid getting involved on ANYTHING remotely related to bitmarket.eu . Just the fact that you guys discussed it here and found your "solutions" in here already links your business. Gosh you must have no brains. You already lost your money, you're just putting yourself out there to lose more!

OR, maver is really smart..... I'm sure the guy that hacked bitmarket.eu last has saliva dripping seeing all this new $$$$$ coming up..

Good luck..
Activity: 271
March 21, 2013, 05:00:43 AM
OK i see there is a misunderstanding with some posters here. We understand that some people are not happy about these new plans, they want coins back immediately at the current price of 65 USD, but this is simply not possible. And complaining does not help. Please stand up from your computers and come with a better plan or try to find investors that are willing to take over the debts or try to convince the government to bail us out with taxpayers money. If you know anyone who would be willing to do this, please let us know

But just again for clarification:
- the investors are individuals NOT RELATED TO BITMARKET.EU who all lost "frozen coins" on bitmarket.eu. And they lost more coins than the complainers for sure ;-)

- in order to assess the situation, the investors decided to start a questionnaire and meet Maciej in person and learn what kind of a person he is and what really happened. This was a public meeting and everyone could join and bring up ideas (also by email in advance)

- it turned out that Maciej is certainly not a thief as he did not plan to lose the coins. Instead he is a talented programmer + a good designer who is determined to reimburse lost coins to bitmarket.eu users and he showed a high motivation to reach this goal.

- It looks like probability of getting coins back with legal action against Maciej or by harassing him are near zero

- among all discussed alternatives, a new (legally separated) business based on Maciej's code was seen as the best bet for getting coins back for both the investors and other bitmarket.eu users who lost coins

- Maciej's code has a track record of running a Bitcoin exchange flawlessly for many months, and we have reason to believe that the 620 BTC theft was NOT done by attacking the software running the site.

So, in case you have any questions please contact us, but stating that this is an unfair plan will not help either unless you come up with better proposals
March 20, 2013, 06:29:25 PM
This is such bull crap, excuse my French. Basically you guys were here "finding a solution", and your solution is to create a new website that there's nothing to do with the old, so you have nothing to do with the money owed. As I understand the profits you guys make are not going to be used to pay the old debt.

This is not a "solution", you're just opening a new website that deals bitcoins and that's it. Oh, hang on, you employ some nerd from Poland.. that happens to owe people bit coins from a scam he ran on the internet.. or as it was already said, "technically he doesn't own anything to anyone"..

As I thought, this whole thing was just a waste of time, of my time, reading this s***.

legendary
Activity: 966
Energy is Wealth
March 20, 2013, 04:18:38 PM
in my opinion, you are just trying to waste time, but in reality no one ever will reimburse our BTC frozen
in my opinion the success of the new side will depend on the number of "happy" customer. simple maths really, the larger the starting user base the faster it can grow.
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
March 20, 2013, 02:58:45 PM
in my opinion, you are just trying to waste time, but in reality no one ever will reimburse our BTC frozen
legendary
Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233
March 20, 2013, 02:46:13 PM
it could drop down to 2 USD again. As a matter of fact, it still can. And if it did, everyone would cry that they want the EUR version. It's just unreasonable for me to pay whatever the current value of BTC, because it changes every hour.
Wow, I've already seen this same lame "argument" from BFL crooks. There must be one single brain behind all those scams.
Pages:
Jump to: