Pages:
Author

Topic: BITSTAMP eXchange wall Observer. second biggest and best exchange - page 12. (Read 89287 times)

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003
WePower.red
I dont get it. Im new at this :/

Under the buy/sell tab I saw a 300 bitcoin order for 210$ per when the price was lower. I hit the instant sell option and filled in the field to sell 5 btc and it showed 210$ as the price.

I went ahead and clicked sell, and then it said an open order was made to sell 5 btc at 210$.

Later I look and Ive sold 5 btc for the price of 189$! WTF??

Can someone please explain how this happened?

Thanks

Orders are not opened during the market order is going on, the order is "in progress" status.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
I was checking live on http://trading.i286.org/bitstamp/?item=btc¤cy=usd and i am talking about a minute after the order.
legendary
WePower.red
So there was a false rally because of this engine error, and traders at Gox decided to catch up to the same price level, what a mess.

There was no error... just large slow market order.

So did you check the aks a minute after this spike? It was basically still 2k to 205. And Bitstamp gives me a connection timeout now.

Orderbook stays the same till the end of the market order (this is kind of new - less than a month).
Activity: 256
Merit: 100
I dont get it. Im new at this :/

Under the buy/sell tab I saw a 300 bitcoin order for 210$ per when the price was lower. I hit the instant sell option and filled in the field to sell 5 btc and it showed 210$ as the price.

I went ahead and clicked sell, and then it said an open order was made to sell 5 btc at 210$.

Later I look and Ive sold 5 btc for the price of 189$! WTF??

Can someone please explain how this happened?

Thanks
So there was a false rally because of this engine error, and traders at Gox decided to catch up to the same price level, what a mess.

So did you check the asks a minute after this spike? It was basically still 2k to 205. And Bitstamp gives me a connection timeout now.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

Yeah it's the large market orders with huge slippage that give problems. A 4k BTC wall can be eaten in one go without any lag but when there's a lot of slippage involved and many different orders have to be processed then the whole engine just lags up for a while.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
LTC
Yeah, no complaints at all about their support, withdrawals and deposits, it is great and smooth.
I agree
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
put me on speeddial#1

+1
Yeah, no complaints at all about their support, withdrawals and deposits, it is great and smooth.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
I cannot trade on a highly volatile day when every other screen I get is a DDOS error and every other click freezes. I'm seriously thinking of moving my coins off there and onto btce until they release a new trading engine.
legendary
WePower.red

Activity: 89
Merit: 10
put me on speeddial#1
Blame it on the engine.......maybe it is not the engine, but people's trading style and understanding of how things work !!! That 's what I have noticed quite often.

I applaud Bitstamp for the way how they have been dealing with hugely increased volume, their website, their fiat & btc withdrawals/deposits. Despite a huge increase in volume, for many months my international withdrawals, with no exception have been internally processed within 24 hours and in my bank accounts within 2-3 days.
legendary
Basically if you took any action after the market order was triggered, you were screwed.  I tried entering a sell order at 206, but no luck.  Grin

Interesting. I wondered if I was just not fast enough selling into it, but it seems to be the engine issue.

Still, Bitstamp for me is the easiest place to execute SEPA transfers to move fiat in.

What about BTC-e? They allow SEPA deposits now at a 1% fee. SEPA withdrawals are kinda expensive though if you want to withdraw less than 5k.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
Basically if you took any action after the market order was triggered, you were screwed.  I tried entering a sell order at 206, but no luck.  Grin

Interesting. I wondered if I was just not fast enough selling into it, but it seems to be the engine issue.

Still, Bitstamp for me is the easiest place to execute SEPA transfers to move fiat in.
legendary
Bitstamp's trading engine needs a serious upgrade, it can't handle big orders well.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Yeah, with the Silkroad crash same stuff happened. You basically see a different price than what the actual price is, very bad. I already moved partly to Bitfinex.
legendary
Activity: 1498
BTC24's corrupted trading engine comes back in my memory - maybe it's time to withdraw my shit from there!
That doesn't seem right, as the bids (2k to 205) are already filled in, It looks like an error.
Pages:
Jump to: