Pages:
Author

Topic: BITSTAMP eXchange wall Observer. second biggest and best exchange - page 13. (Read 89287 times)

Activity: 628
Merit: 500
Someone probably clicked the wrong button
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
What is going on on Bitstamp, what a mess, looks like their trading engine is stuck, so people think they are buying at a lower price than it actually is.

There was one single huge market order on Bitstamp that took more than 10mins to complete and lags their whole engine up. Probably biggest slippage I've seen so far from a single buy order.
Activity: 272
Merit: 250
I just checked to see what the damage was from this morning... and we are back to where we started? Although it looks like things are going a bit mental at BitStamp... nuts!
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
What is going on on Bitstamp, what a mess, looks like their trading engine is stuck, so people think they are buying at a lower price than it actually is.

Just got Goxed at Stamp! Didn't remove 197 sell order fast enough as the graph was not updating, so I though we were still at 184...
legendary
Activity: 1498
Fuck me sideways, price 2Bitstamp higher than MtGox!!!   Shocked
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Someone put in a 2500 or so BTC buy order at $210, it's been trying to resolve for 10 minutes now.
Activity: 51
legendary
So true  Grin

Someone's buying huge at 210 now!

EDIT: Order book graph is stuck! I am blind!
legendary
New high at Bitstamp: 205.48. Just a normal Stampday. Tongue
Activity: 39
My SEPA just arrived. Can we have that 160 again, please?

Oh, and I think 200 will be tested again in the coming minutes...

FTFY
legendary
My SEPA just arrived. Can we have that 160 again, please?

Oh, and I think 200 will be tested again in the coming days...
legendary
I'm a moron, I was 50/50 fiat/btc and wanted to place a buy order at $162 to go all in but instead I placed a sell order... and then price bounced before I realized what happened. Goodbye my sweet btc. Cry
Oh man, sorry to hear that!

You thinking of waiting and hoping this is not the last of it (my guess is 25% chance in the next few days it will go lower than this morning's low) or swallow your losses and get back in kinda now-ish?

I'm not counting on it to go lower again, it could but since the SR dip you know the correction can be over before you know it. I've bought back in at a loss again and will be waiting for the next opportunity now.

You're a braver man than I!  I did a tiny little experiment with trading early on and decided since it is a zero sum game and I'm not confident I can  be among the few who gain overall in the longer term (v. just holding) I am long-since resigned to inaction other than when buying or occasionally little spends/sells.

But the exchanges do need liquidity so given you're not giving up I'll wish you the best Smiley

Most of my coins are stored offline for long term holding, I'm only actively trading with a small portion to learn more about trading and hopefully gain a few coins. So it isn't a huge loss if I do bad.
Activity: 784
Merit: 506
I'm a moron, I was 50/50 fiat/btc and wanted to place a buy order at $162 to go all in but instead I placed a sell order... and then price bounced before I realized what happened. Goodbye my sweet btc. Cry

You thinking of waiting and hoping this is not the last of it (my guess is 25% chance in the next few days it will go lower than this morning's low) or swallow your losses and get back in kinda now-ish?

I'm not counting on it to go lower again, it could but since the SR dip you know the correction can be over before you know it. I've bought back in at a loss again and will be waiting for the next opportunity now.

You're a braver man than I!  I did a tiny little experiment with trading early on and decided since it is a zero sum game and I'm not confident I can  be among the few who gain overall in the longer term (v. just holding) I am long-since resigned to inaction other than when buying or occasionally little spends/sells.

But the exchanges do need liquidity so given you're not giving up I'll wish you the best Smiley
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
The lag and DDOS/freezing at bitstamp was horrendous!  At one point I was up 10%btc on my bitstamp account but I ended the day only up 3% due to the horrendous lag and not being able to buy when I wanted. Every other screen was an error screen. Meanwhile I gained 20%btc on my btce account because their exchange worked flawlessly (and has respectable volume these days too). Conclusion: I should move all my trading coins to btce.
legendary

Activity: 784
Merit: 506

legendary
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
So? what's wrong with dumping at 200 and buying back at 165?

Nothing wrong, thats why this so predictable. Its the game EVERYONE wants to play but SOMEONE has to lose.
legendary
Come on, SEPA, finish that transfer already!!!!
Activity: 20
Just as I was taking a huge dump someone took a huge bitcoin dump
Pages:
Jump to: