Pages:
Author

Topic: BITSTAMP eXchange wall Observer. second biggest and best exchange - page 37. (Read 89304 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
C'mon bitstamp, you can do it!! Close that gap!
donator
Activity: 2772
bitstamp stagnant as gox rockets. 117.80  and climbing. gox trying to break 100 ha ha

indeed. This is a huge spread. I think it won't take long to break 100 USD on bitstamp. Saw some strong buying already.

it just happened. let's see if it lasts
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
Want privacy? Use Monero!
bitstamp stagnant as gox rockets. 117.80  and climbing. gox trying to break 100 ha ha

indeed. This is a huge spread. I think it won't take long to break 100 USD on bitstamp. Saw some strong buying already.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
Bitstamp bid sum / ask sum is at $72. This is the highest I have seen it in the past few weeks. Rally peaking or just warming up for more?

First, I think 100 is a clear psychological resistance (on both exchanges).

Regarding the Bid Sum / Ask sum, I'm not very familiar with understanding it, but from what I gather with this most recent rally (using my TA and others), it looks like something bigger is brewing. I'm not saying we don't revisit the $60's or so later, but I think this rally can take us from 120 or 160...

Any info on better understanding the Bid/Ask Sum, would be appreciated (e.g., links, etc.)

IAS
ok a bit off topic but why does coinbase set there buy sell price so damn low? to sell on coinbase you would not even get 100 right now? even stamp is at 100. and gox is 115. so how do they come up with this? seams a bit low imo

I guess that's how they make money?

look at the buys though, its not like the buy is 115!! damn, dont read half my question. the buy is at 99.60 THE BUY is BELOW 100. how do they come up with that? when the half way point on gox and stamp (the majority (about 85% or more)) is 107.  now can you tell me a better answer than "thats how they make money"
Activity: 294
This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!
+15 dollar separation. if they are dumping on stamp, some no doubt are, then why does it continue to climb? lets go stamp break that hundo

nobody is dumping at stamp. People play the game of increasing their bitcoin holdings with playmoney locked in mtgox. Just look at how much money was there on the sidelines

How do you know that?

Bitstamp from time to time has large sells too. 500+
ok a bit off topic but why does coinbase set there buy sell price so damn low? to sell on coinbase you would not even get 100 right now? even stamp is at 100. and gox is 115. so how do they come up with this? seams a bit low imo
+15 dollar separation. if they are dumping on stamp, some no doubt are, then why does it continue to climb? lets go stamp break that hundo

nobody is dumping at stamp. People play the game of increasing their bitcoin holdings with playmoney locked in mtgox. Just look at how much money was there on the sidelines
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
General def near top of doc:
Definitions of User, Exchanger, and Administrator

This guidance refers to the participants in generic virtual currency arrangements, using the terms "user," "exchanger," and "administrator."6 A user is a person that obtains virtual currency to purchase goods or services.7 An exchanger is a person engaged as a business in the exchange of virtual currency for real currency, funds, or other virtual currency. An administrator is a person engaged as a business in issuing (putting into circulation) a virtual currency, and who has the authority to redeem (to withdraw from circulation) such virtual currency.

A proper lawyer will interpret the more specific clarifications in context of general def'n. Are you poor or something? Sit down with a lawyer to discuss the guidance. They will tell you that what will trip up most bitcoiners is the "engaged as a business" language. That is not defined anywhere and is not always intuitive. You need not file docs w/ secretary of state to be considered a business. Legal courts will impose this def'n on you if you are doing something for profits and it is your sole source of income/how you earn a livelihood.

You dum poor people need to talk to a good lawyer.

hmmm maybe you should take your own advice.

+ignore to FUD
legendary
they are taking down the 101 USD wall Cheesy
legendary
I think we will see a rally now... Maybe 130 USD in short term?
Price was below 100 USD for a "long" time, people who wanted to coins for hoarding and not speculation had the opportunity to buy low and will hold (my guess) Smiley
Activity: 763
Merit: 500
$100.2. nicely done bitstamp ;-)

donator
we're getting closer Wink. Less than 1k BTC left below $100
donator
$100 here we come?

Europeans just waking up to this little jump close to a psychological barrier. They might well buy in before breakfast based on tape. Maybe even some whale gets the idea to carry it above. (there's not much there below $100: 2k)
KS
Activity: 448
so this is the new Gox thread? Wink
Activity: 686
Ultranode
to be 100% perfectly clear:

Operating a business DOES NOT require filing docs with state. Yes, it would be stupid not to file the docs. But lots of idiots don't. Courts have very old common law definition they apply when idiots do not file docs. That def'n has to do with person's activities. Sole source of income or earning livelihood virtually guarantees the court finds you are a business.

If you are treating bitcoin has a hobby or just bought for protection against inflation or to use to buy a goods like a laptop, then you are prob ok. THe gray line is day-trading. If you have no other job and all your income is by trading and that alone.... you might be operating a business. If you have a primary job and day-trading is just something on the side, then you are also prob ok but this is more of a light-gray area.
Activity: 686
Ultranode
You are absolutely wrong but I wish you good luck in court with that "interpretation".  Basically, your "legal" argument is, if an entity doesn't file for a business license, they can buy and sell all the volume they want because they are not actually a "business".  Again, good luck with this argument.  I hope you win and set precedence.  For now, I know it's a delusion.

This is pure LOL. Filing docs are not required for court to determine you operating biz. The reason persons file docs is to recieve additional biz benefits. FOr example liability protections. Make loans easier to get etc.. But courts are aware that lots of ppl try to get away with running businesses without filing docs. lol, they don't get away with it. There is a "common law" definition that courts apply. Also, when idiots operate businesses without filing docs, they don't get lots of statutory protections. You are subject to all the laws without the benefits of protections

lol at the stupidity in this forum. talk to areal lawyer.

I rest my case.  You just undid your own argument.  Fail!  And welcome to my ignore list, you rude little man.   Wink

and i rest my case.

You said "Basically, your "legal" argument is, if an entity doesn't file for a business license, they can buy and sell all the volume they want because they are not actually a "business". "

And that is exactly opposite of what i said.

read fail. You can be found to be a business inadvertently even if you fail to file. as I've said like 20 times now.

this is just too classic.
You are absolutely wrong but I wish you good luck in court with that "interpretation".  Basically, your "legal" argument is, if an entity doesn't file for a business license, they can buy and sell all the volume they want because they are not actually a "business".  Again, good luck with this argument.  I hope you win and set precedence.  For now, I know it's a delusion.

This is pure LOL. Filing docs are not required for court to determine you operating biz. The reason persons file docs is to recieve additional biz benefits. FOr example liability protections. Make loans easier to get etc.. But courts are aware that lots of ppl try to get away with running businesses without filing docs. lol, they don't get away with it. There is a "common law" definition that courts apply. Also, when idiots operate businesses without filing docs, they don't get lots of statutory protections. You are subject to all the laws without the benefits of protections

lol at the stupidity in this forum. talk to areal lawyer.

I rest my case.  You just undid your own argument.  Fail!  And welcome to my ignore list, you rude little man.   Wink
Pages:
Jump to: