Pages:
Author

Topic: Black Arrow R9-12 threads, DZ Miners Co-op. Plz move ?s and discussion here. - page 4. (Read 25014 times)

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
okay, I was able to login and see my account. Are we done mining or what's the status?
Regards,
Brian
If you are talking about R-9 R-12, we are still mining. Attached is a screen shot of the action. Thanks to mootinator!

good info to get a little more of an idea of our current earnings  go to this btc address from the screen shot above.

https://blockchain.info/address/1CR3h3SLewfcYK4XGySe4bgKwXV2VYqvVV  

9 coins in it and this is our earnings from jan 15 to now.    so figure 5 more coins the 27th 28th 29th 30th 31st  1st   and this would be 14 coins maybe 15 coins.  after fees back down to 14 coins across 400 shares = .035 btc a share on feb 1st  all rough numbers.  but not far off.

This is why with all complaints bitching moaning by lots of us about this round I don't go that crazy as this round has made fiat  taxable profit of more then  180 usd a share.    And if we get .035 btc more on the 1st at 800 usd a coin the profit in fiat will be 28 usd more or over 208 usd a share.

So far almost no mining gear has turned an roi in btc since sept 2013.
 The exceptions are very early knc Jupiter's. 
 Other mining gear that made roi in btc very early BFL orders.
 Lastly some early Avalon orders.

I realize the argument of btc vs fiat roi   means plenty  to many people , but frankly  BTC roi has seem to be almost an impossible task  while many have made lots of fiat.
This round would not see a BTC profit but frankly as long as I make fiat profit I am happy.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
okay, I was able to login and see my account. Are we done mining or what's the status?
Regards,
Brian
If you are talking about R-9 R-12, we are still mining. Attached is a screen shot of the action. Thanks to mootinator!

legendary
Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003
Regards,
Brian
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
looks like the new design is up.. I am unable to login to the website now. I've tried a password reset and email not found. Please let me know what the status is.
Regards,
Brian
Make a new account

okay, I've made an account.. What do I do next? (previous customer of R12)
regards,
Brian

If you just want to browse the Group buy hashrates you can do it here. http://www.crypto-ops.com/?page_id=302

Thats to the r9-12. Select the round you want to look at in the upper right corner.
legendary
looks like the new design is up.. I am unable to login to the website now. I've tried a password reset and email not found. Please let me know what the status is.
Regards,
Brian
Make a new account

okay, I've made an account.. What do I do next? (previous customer of R12)
regards,
Brian
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Regards,
Brian
Make a new account
legendary
Regards,
Brian
Activity: 116
Merit: 10

Bob you have done a lot of work to keep it going.  I want to thank you for doing that.

+1
legendary
Also, I found out one of the other workers problems, so we should be up to 3.2 now.
I am working on some forms of compensation for the loss, so I appreciate the patience.
I just really dont like jupiters, and I think the feeling is mutual.

Bob you have done a lot of work to keep it going.  I want to thank you for doing that.

I know when I ran 10-13 pcs and 23 gpus from july 2012 to july 2013  it was hard work.  my house was hot even in the dead of winter.  and I don't think I ever had all the pc's run non stop for more then 5 or 6 days.  on bad days constant tweaking. So I know your ops must be hard work.
Activity: 546
Owner, Minersource.net
Also, I found out one of the other workers problems, so we should be up to 3.2 now.
I am working on some forms of compensation for the loss, so I appreciate the patience.
I just really dont like jupiters, and I think the feeling is mutual.
Let's just sell the hardware, it's failling horribly.

The hardware has been up except one unit since the move almost 2 weeks ago

R9-12 used to be bitfury boards but they were sold and replaced with different equipment
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
Let's just sell the hardware, it's failling horribly.
legendary
I know this has been kicked around but would it be wise to part this hardware out and sell it now? If running many units at one time is an issue we would not be knowingly giving anyone "bad" hardware.

yes, we should be check into seeing the ROI of holding the units vs. selling them. What is the anticipated payout for each share at the 1st? Does anybody have a guesstimate.. I know dumping hardware on eBay is a good way to get a good price. I've done that a couple times.. (Instead of selling it on the forums).

we have been doing 2.8th that is about .7869 a day for the diff of 1789 mill

the 15th to the  24th would be 10 days or 7.869   the  next jump should be to 2050 mill we would earn about .68 a day for 6 days  say 4 btc a total of 10 -12 btc is close  for feb 1st.

legendary
I know this has been kicked around but would it be wise to part this hardware out and sell it now? If running many units at one time is an issue we would not be knowingly giving anyone "bad" hardware.

yes, we should be check into seeing the ROI of holding the units vs. selling them. What is the anticipated payout for each share at the 1st? Does anybody have a guesstimate.. I know dumping hardware on eBay is a good way to get a good price. I've done that a couple times.. (Instead of selling it on the forums).
Activity: 219
Merit: 100
Ethics and Science need to shake hands
R9-12 was replaced with different boards.

Does that mean it can't be sold?
To be clear I do not understand the mind set of blaming the GB leaders for issues. We all knew this was a risky proposition when we signed up. Nothing in the BTC mining world in guaranteed. I think they have clearly tried everything possible to make good on the GHS per share. The fact is very little GB are going to ROI in BTC especially when hosted in a "real" data center. It must be almost impossible for a small group of guys to run this many GB's and everything be a 100% success.
Anyway is it possible to sell the equipment for USD? I like to ROI in BTC but this as well as many others have only ROI in USD.
It is what it is

I should add whatever the decision regarding their stance on ROI the GB leaders should post it sooner than later. Bad news is better than no news. Make a decision and hold the line.
DBA
R9-12 was replaced with different boards.
Activity: 219
Merit: 100
Ethics and Science need to shake hands
Thank you for your reply thomas.

I recall this being stated in the past. I must confess I did forget that this was the issue. This being said, it is very difficult to believe that they did not know this issue existed prior to or shortly after shipping. They did seem to have a lot of these running at their facility and should have had amply time to work out a solution by now. They are still selling these after all.

I know you have stated previously that the Prospero are different, but they are using rPi’s, so we are all hoping they have done their homework.
The problem happens when you run large stacks of them, chainminer begins to loose track of the work and basically just says F this, which is why it needs to be restarted.

We do have some smaller stacks running without issues w/ heavily modified software but some of the larger stacks are just a ton of work to even keep up for a day.
If you only have a few its not that bad, but R9-12 used about 50-100 boards.
Activity: 358
Merit: 255
Thank you for your reply thomas.

I recall this being stated in the past. I must confess I did forget that this was the issue. This being said, it is very difficult to believe that they did not know this issue existed prior to or shortly after shipping. They did seem to have a lot of these running at their facility and should have had amply time to work out a solution by now. They are still selling these after all.

I know you have stated previously that the Prospero are different, but they are using rPi’s, so we are all hoping they have done their homework.
I personally don’t believe the co-op is responsible for poor performing hardware; any more responsible then we would be as individuals who could have purchased this hardware. If this hardware was sitting in your house who would you be holding responsible? I would be complaining to the re-seller and or manufacturer and making the issue very public until someone at least responds with a reasonable explanation or plan to correct the issue. The Co-Op has swapped out hardware for this round in an attempt to correct the issue, but I have always been off the opinion that blackarrow should have done or be doing a lot more to correct their bad hardware.

I would be very reluctant to purchase anything from BA ever again.

The problem isn't the boards themselves its the way the rpi's react with cgminer, chainminer and bitfury's
Pages:
Jump to: