Pages:
Author

Topic: [Block Erupter Blade (New Model)]Low Price, Limited Quantity - page 3. (Read 39956 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
cryptoshark
Can anyone tell me what the original power connector is considered? A link to a page that sells or just name that i can google and buy.

Ask canary from group buys section, he will send you for free overnight delivery
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Can anyone tell me what the original power connector is considered? A link to a page that sells or just name that i can google and buy.
Activity: 728
Why not put a usb on the back-plane? I was excited to hear there was a usb port on the boards and bummed to find out there isn't.

That is totally stupid. This is a standalone unit. Why would  anyone be stupid and wish it to be not a stand alone unit?

You have obviously never worked in an enterprise environment or managed a medium to large farm. USB would allow users to manage everything through a single interface and use a single client like CGMINER making all the blades act like 1 cohesive unit. That way if any changes need to be made you only have to do it in 1 place rather than 5,10,20,100 etc. It is far more efficient.
Activity: 290
Merit: 250

So you could replace the crap miner in it ...

Yet another great reason
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Why not put a usb on the back-plane? I was excited to hear there was a usb port on the boards and bummed to find out there isn't.

That is totally stupid. This is a standalone unit. Why would  anyone be stupid and wish it to be not a stand alone unit?
So you could replace the crap miner in it ...
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
Friedcat delivered to all resellers and bulk customers, but still ignoring all his previous customers: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/friedcat-a-forgotten-promise-282910

god, the public, ya blame him?
He sold items with the terms that future upgrades would be included. He is still yet to honour that promise, while putting new money customers first.

Also very dissapointing.    Huh
When will he send out the new blades to batch 1-3 auction winners Huh
Waiting still

Very dissapointing to read this...

It's doesn't seem that stupid. Why is it better to configure each one individually? Why not USB? Not really standalone when it still needs another system to run the stratum proxy or internal getwork server...
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
Waiting still
Activity: 290

Sucks to change configurations on 5+ blades maybe.

why are you so opposed?
Activity: 602
Vertrau in Gott

Activity: 465
Merit: 100
Activity: 336
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Friedcat delivered to all resellers and bulk customers, but still ignoring all his previous customers: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/friedcat-a-forgotten-promise-282910

He sold items with the terms that future upgrades would be included. He is still yet to honour that promise, while putting new money customers first.
soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

legendary
dogiecoin.com
Activity: 490
Merit: 501
Is that no because the linux is for an arm processor?  Or that the resources onboard are only sufficient for the specific mining task?

Maybe the way to go would be with a hacked Linksys router; it having linux installed then stratum-mining-proxy installed and dedicated to the Blade(s).

If limited resources and not expandable, then that might be for any number of reasons.  One might be to prevent something like a cgminer installation as that would show each and every ASIC.  If one were running poorly it might not really show in the overall stats but if one were running cgminer and looking at the stats of each ASIC it would be clear.

the linux if it is that is most likely in ROM and unmodifiable.
soy
legendary
Is that no because the linux is for an arm processor?  Or that the resources onboard are only sufficient for the specific mining task?

Maybe the way to go would be with a hacked Linksys router; it having linux installed then stratum-mining-proxy installed and dedicated to the Blade(s).

If limited resources and not expandable, then that might be for any number of reasons.  One might be to prevent something like a cgminer installation as that would show each and every ASIC.  If one were running poorly it might not really show in the overall stats but if one were running cgminer and looking at the stats of each ASIC it would be clear.

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501
I have stratum-mining-proxy set up on a local network machine but I'd rather reduce bandwidth by having the stratum-mining-proxy installed on the Blade itself.  I take it the Blade is running a linux distribution?  Which may I ask?  Can stratum-mining-proxy be install on the Blade using git?

Doesn't work like that. 

That's like trying to install stratum-proxy on your TV....it probably runs linux, so it must work, right?  Roll Eyes
soy
legendary
Pages:
Jump to: