Pages:
Author

Topic: [Block Erupter Blade (New Model)]Low Price, Limited Quantity - page 4. (Read 39956 times)

soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013
The backplane seems to have a HP/COMPAQ DPS-800GB, an 850W supply, powering 10 Blades.  So, 85 watt/Blade? 85w/12vdc=7.0amps  7.0amps per Blade?

I have a Blade arriving soon and am putting together what I need.  Does the board have the 4pin 12vdc female or, besides the fingers to be powered from the backplane, only the green screw-down connector?  Because if no female 4 pin 12vdc connector I'll rip down an old motherboard to fabricate a interconnect from its main connector so as not to damage the supply's 4 pin 12 vdc connector.

Only the green screw-down connector.
Okay then, have already harvested the center 4 pins from a mb connector.  Have the pwr supply 4 pin connector from a trashed supply.  Will replace the thin wires with that from a 6 foot white extension cord (easy to mark the 12vdc with red magic marker) and solder directly to the 12dc and ground in the power supply in effect adding an additional 4 pin 12vdc out.  Using the same gauge extension cord will put the harvested center 4 pins orienting clip to the green connector as I've miswired to those green connectors in projects before.  Now to figure cooling.  I like the PCB rack I saw in a post somewhere.  Until the 120mm fans I've ordered arrive I can whip up a PCB stand for the single Blade and cool with a room fan.
legendary
Activity: 1063
Merit: 1048
The backplane seems to have a HP/COMPAQ DPS-800GB, an 850W supply, powering 10 Blades.  So, 85 watt/Blade? 85w/12vdc=7.0amps  7.0amps per Blade?

I have a Blade arriving soon and am putting together what I need.  Does the board have the 4pin 12vdc female or, besides the fingers to be powered from the backplane, only the green screw-down connector?  Because if no female 4 pin 12vdc connector I'll rip down an old motherboard to fabricate a interconnect from its main connector so as not to damage the supply's 4 pin 12 vdc connector.

Only the green screw-down connector.
soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Smells Overpriced
Smells Underpowered

Smells like it is in stock.
I guess it can be considered better to lose BTC now than lose it later ...
But I'm not sure how Smiley
Have you not listened to the shills???  You have it IN HAND!!!  Who cares if it is overpriced if you can use it now???
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
These new Blades - they support LP/work restart? So they can work with p2pool?

The old ones work with p2pool, so why wouldn't the new ones?  Huh
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3077867
Seems the new ones are effectively no real difference to the old ones ... except limited to a lower speed ... i.e. still only GetWork

I would almost rather have the old blades then, I do like the backplane on the new ones though!

has the mining software been updated so that the blades know how to handle work other than diff1? with the old blades you have to append a '+1' to the end of the username on the blade web interface which forces p2pool to always give the blade diff1 work and stops all the p2pool console warning/errors barking about worker submitting share > target.

has there been any changes to the web interface at all? (options for when installed via back plane, etc)
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
I run Linux on my abacus.
Smells Overpriced
Smells Underpowered

Kano for sure hit the nail on the head there...  Grin
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Smells Overpriced
Smells Underpowered

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Any idea what brand and model of the power supply in the backplane picture?

Its in the OP. 

While the back-plane is compatible with any normal PSUs with its cable-based connector, it also offers a slot for a certain brand of widely available PSUs (Part Number: HP DPS 800GBA or ATSN 7001044-Y000).
Activity: 361
Merit: 100
Any idea what brand and model of the power supply in the backplane picture?

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Smells Overpriced
Smells Underpowered

Activity: 35

Actually I received today and have photo's of the backplane on Ebay in my auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASIC-Miner-Block-Erupter-Blade-Gen2-10GH-In-Hand-Not-USB-bitcoin-miner-avalon-/281163696109?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4176a987ed

The backplane is intended for a server power supply, but you can wire up standard PSU's easily to the terminals.

The new blades seem to be putting out less heat, but I haven't measured current draw yet.

Have fun!

Shocked  $825 for 10GH.......Wow,at least 4 months for ROI......@ current diff......  Roll Eyes

They are nice,& in stock.......but the price has to come down still.Not tryin to piss anyone off,just sayin  Wink

Please feel free to make an offer on Ebay.

If you happen to make the highest offer, you might win the auction.

I ship by FedEx Priority.  I think to the states, it's overnight delivery - quite some amazing logistics.  You should see my Ebay feedback, some guy ordered from UK and FedEx got it there in 2 days - impressive!

I think someone should make a mining pool, and add a percentage thingy so you can donate so some good charities.   Like at Bitminter, I pay 0.5% so I can see my mining activity on my iFone, But I would like to give like 3.14159265% to United Way, or fuckcancer.com, or some universally good cause.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
This type of server PSU is roughly 80-85% eff. IR heat guns can be from £15-25 retail.
oh wow, looks pretty nice!~..

i wonder how efficient server PSU's are, i doubt data centers really care about how much electricity they use

I have 2 of these 220V server power supplies (no idea what PSU really stands for, and that's fine with me), and they have no fan and they have 8 guage wires going to them and wow, they seems efficient compared to the black box PSU devil tatoo'd XTREME!!!! Brand of PSU that I got at the PC builder shop.      The 220 power supplies are a bit trickier to setup, but no more breakers busting up twice a day, it's just solidly hashing away at moderate temperatures.

I wonder if anyone can tell me what a laser beam IR remote temperature reader gun thingy should cost.   Like what should I pay?

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

Actually I received today and have photo's of the backplane on Ebay in my auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASIC-Miner-Block-Erupter-Blade-Gen2-10GH-In-Hand-Not-USB-bitcoin-miner-avalon-/281163696109?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4176a987ed

The backplane is intended for a server power supply, but you can wire up standard PSU's easily to the terminals.

The new blades seem to be putting out less heat, but I haven't measured current draw yet.

Have fun!

Shocked  $825 for 10GH.......Wow,at least 4 months for ROI......@ current diff......  Roll Eyes

They are nice,& in stock.......but the price has to come down still.Not tryin to piss anyone off,just sayin  Wink
Activity: 672
oh wow, looks pretty nice!~..

i wonder how efficient server PSU's are, i doubt data centers really care about how much electricity they use

Have fun!
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
Can someone please talk to me like I'm an eight year old and tell me what kind power adapter I can use on these blades?  I can't find a simple example or google any of these with any certainty.
Or give me the link if there are already pictures somewhere.

I see the bladecomes with:

1. Original power connector - which would be what?
2. Plug-able gold fingers? - are those like the what GPU's have that plugs into a pci slot on a motherboard?  If so, then I need to find an adapter from my PSU's 6/8 pin PCI-E cable right?  And where would I find those if that's the case.
3. Will my 650W ATX work with this and what's the easiest way to hook it up?

And the Backplane-
1. Cable-based connector?
2. "A Slot for widely available psu's?"  Again, these are not google words, is there name for this connection?  

And I know I can buy these PSUs (Part Number: HP DPS 800GBA or ATSN 7001044-Y000).  But I already have some sitting around.

Thanks to whoever can help.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
Has anyone heard from FC about placing orders for these ?

Looking to pick up 10 for myself. Are they shipping yet ?
Activity: 650
Pick and place? I need more coffee.
Why do the new blades have 16 spots for surface mount electrolytics that are unpopulated?  Could they run faster or have better stability with them (cleaner power)?

Was this a design decision made for cost reduction?  If you added these could you overclock to old blade speeds (12Gh+)?

Just curious really. Undecided
Pages:
Jump to: