Pages:
Author

Topic: [Block Erupter Blade (New Model)]Low Price, Limited Quantity - page 7. (Read 39956 times)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0
So this is the "Block Erupter Blade (New Model)" thread right? I got confused, i thought it was the "every other thread where people compare one vendor to another which drives the OP very very far off topic" thread.

But anyway, i thought the new blades had USB? And as someone mentioned and someone else quoted (i cant find it now because there are too many tardfight posts) asking if you need cgminer or it is self sustained.

And also the other post asking about where to get the backplane.

Why should it has USB ? Thats soooo stupid. Its a standalone unit.. USB would requite a PC to host it.

Stupid or not i was just asking a question. It could be handy to run it off the existing cgminer people have running. How are we to know that these things dont just run at 20gh/s and the other 10gh/s goes to some pool friedcat has running. (Not that im accusing him of that, just providing an example)

My 4 original model blades are churning away on their own and i would need to get another network switch if i added more, vs my empty 10 port usb hub is sitting there waiting to be used.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★
So this is the "Block Erupter Blade (New Model)" thread right? I got confused, i thought it was the "every other thread where people compare one vendor to another which drives the OP very very far off topic" thread.

But anyway, i thought the new blades had USB? And as someone mentioned and someone else quoted (i cant find it now because there are too many tardfight posts) asking if you need cgminer or it is self sustained.

Why should it has USB ? Thats soooo stupid. Its a standalone unit.. USB would requite a PC to host it.

Maybe an option for those new to mining wanting only one or a few easily hooked up???

Yeah thats stupid. It would require that you have a host pc 24/7 runnning. With this blade design you just connect them to your router and its done..

It's that easy?
I hope someone posts a tutorial.
 Smiley
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/guide-dogies-comprehensive-asicminer-blade-setup-205369

That is for the old blade, will do one for the new ones once friedcat gets me some samples over but they're pretty similar.

Awesome and Thanks!

Looking Forward to it as I'm not the most inclined.
 Wink
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
What's the point of the OP? I don't see any prices posted.
Thinking about this some more, it's not common for a manufacturer to specify the price of their product. That's for the retailers to do. Try asking Intel how much their Core i7-4771 CPU costs and they will refer you to a retailer.

http://ark.intel.com/products/77656/Intel-Core-i7-4771-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-3_90-GHz?wapkw=core+i7-4771

Recommended Customer Price: $320.00 :p
Oh, yeah, forgot about MSRPs Smiley.

But I'm sure I can find a manufacturer that does not provide MSRPs if I wanted to Smiley.

There are instances where cars are bought for more than sticker when they are new and supply is limited.
I ran across one of those... IIRC, it was a 1989 Turbo Trans Am that had an MSRP of $23,000 along with a $46,000 sticker price.  I asked the salesman how they could justify such a high sticker price and he told me that it was such a highly sought-after and rare car... then I asked him why it was still on the lot after 6 months if it was so sought-after....
Activity: 462
Merit: 250

With the fed, sure, money gets printed. But everyone knows how much there is and trusts that the fed wont be irresponsible and dump too many dollars on the market at once. In bitcoin land, yes, we all know how many coins are in circulation. But all the ASIC vendors are displaying zero responsibility towards the network. You can't bash the fed for printing dollars and cheer the waterfall of Asics hurting the market; it's the same process, except one is charged with trying to promote stability and the others are all driven by short term profits, the effects of all those chips hitting the network be damned

wow you are so demented - printing 85 billion a month for how many years now?

you must be on a government tit

Activity: 490
Merit: 501
Thinking about this some more, it's not common for a manufacturer to specify the price of their product. That's for the retailers to do. Try asking Intel how much their Core i7-4771 CPU costs and they will refer you to a retailer.

http://ark.intel.com/products/77656/Intel-Core-i7-4771-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-3_90-GHz?wapkw=core+i7-4771

But I'm sure I can find a manufacturer that does not provide MSRPs if I wanted to Smiley.

There are instances where cars are bought for more than sticker when they are new and supply is limited.
Activity: 490
Merit: 501
oh yeah, ethernet vs USB. I'll take usb. usb hubs are a lot cheaper than ethernet switches. we don't all have open connectors on our router. Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1008

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
ETA on when these badboys will go out?
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com

Maybe an option for those new to mining wanting only one or a few easily hooked up???

Yeah thats stupid. It would require that you have a host pc 24/7 runnning. With this blade design you just connect them to your router and its done..

It's that easy?
 Smiley
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/guide-dogies-comprehensive-asicminer-blade-setup-205369

That is for the old blade, will do one for the new ones once friedcat gets me some samples over but they're pretty similar.
legendary
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

It's that easy?
 Smiley
Activity: 602
Vertrau in Gott

legendary
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

Activity: 602
Vertrau in Gott

Activity: 55

Activity: 33

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1008
Activity: 311
Merit: 250
The Power Of The Coin Is Awesome!!
I am super excited to get my hands on these!! This is an awesome announcement!!!
I don't think complaining about the price of hardware is fair when it sells out every time in a matter of hours or days.

All other ASIC pre-orders admit to giving especially cheap prices/hash because it's a pre-order... their cheap prices will not last if they ever do actually deliver anything.
So true, there's a sucker born every minute.
Activity: 27
I don't think complaining about the price of hardware is fair when it sells out every time in a matter of hours or days.

All other ASIC pre-orders admit to giving especially cheap prices/hash because it's a pre-order... their cheap prices will not last if they ever do actually deliver anything.
Is BFL's current offer of 5 GH/s for 2 BTC delivered in "2 or more months" also "highway robbery"?
One problem with your question.  The Jalapeno is NOT a fixed 2BTC while the Blade IS a fixed 4BTC.  The Jala's $274, which currently is less than 2BTC

The only thing that matters is the price today. $274/$128 = 2.14 BTC right now. That's more than 2 BTC.

, is not a good price to purchase at in this moment in time.

That's funny. ASICMiner is "highway robbery", but BFL is simply "not a good price" even though it costs more and is delivered months later. That means you're simply a troll.
The current price of BTC is between $125 and $145 depending on your source.  Semantics.

Was Avalon highway robbery?  At the time of preorder, no, but many today would say they are due to not making a positive RoI.
Was BFL highway robbery?  In the past, no, today, yes, in the future, it could go either way.
Was ASICMiner highway robbery?  From May 4th until today, yep.
Are all the other companies highway robbery?  Depends on the value of BTC when they ship.  Currently, if you ain't got it in hand in the next 2 weeks, you got screwed... UNTIL the price of BTC goes up.

Here's the difference troll boy, while BFL is currently not a good deal, EVERY person who has an item inhand today can get back what they spent on it.  BFL sold for a fixed USD price and in-hand today = over 100% RoI on that USD price.  ASICMiner chose to fix their product to BTC.  In May and June, some paid $250 or more, some paid $160 or less, but ALL paid 1.99BTC.  Due to this price fixing to BTC, NOTHING sold since May 4th by ASICMiner will ever make as much BTC as was spent.  ASICMiner has already screwed resellers by undercutting some of them before they even got product in-hand.  If the value of BTC hit's $1000 in November, EVERY person who bought a blade today would have spent $4000 worth of BTC and would have less in return than they spent.  Every person who bought from BFL would be well on the way to RoI on the $274 they spent.

Close your eyes to the facts if you want.  You can choose to 1) Spend 4BTC today to get back ~3.5BTC (if lucky), 2) Spend $274 today and gamble you will get more than $274 in the future.  3) Save your BTC and buy nothing.

For me, #3 is the best choice, #2 comes in second and #1 is dead last.

Until friedcat changes his pricing to a fixed $ amount, it's highway robbery, whether you look at last month, last week, today, next week or next month.  Since everyone else is already at a fixed $ amount, they are only highway robbery when the BTC price is too low.
Pages:
Jump to: