Pages:
Author

Topic: [Block Erupter Blade (New Model)]Low Price, Limited Quantity - page 8. (Read 39956 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Is the picture accurate?  Are you using 32 chips to get 10GH?

I imagine...

32*.336GH= 10.752GH
Seems like a lot of unnecessary expense... 32 chips vs 3-4 from other concerns for the same hash rate.  I can't see get 10x as many chips for the same or less money.

Some people need to actually pay attention to the forum/ASIC before commenting.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
Is BFL's current offer of 5 GH/s for 2 BTC delivered in "2 or more months" also "highway robbery"?
One problem with your question.  The Jalapeno is NOT a fixed 2BTC while the Blade IS a fixed 4BTC.  The Jala's $274, which currently is less than 2BTC

The only thing that matters is the price today. $274/$128 = 2.14 BTC right now. That's more than 2 BTC.

, is not a good price to purchase at in this moment in time.

That's funny. ASICMiner is "highway robbery", but BFL is simply "not a good price" even though it costs more and is delivered months later. That means you're simply a troll.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Excellent! 100 GH/s for 40 BTC
Activity: 199
Merit: 100
Does it operate with CGminer and P2Pool, or same embedded software as in "old" Blade?

This is a question I would like answered too. Hopefully someone knowledgeable see's it through the other stuff.  Undecided
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Bcp,

I mostly agree with your points here and elsewhere, but this one is a losing fight;

A block eruptor blade at this point is far superior to a jalapeño; you could get the blade and watch difficulty adjust once, maybe twice, while you wait; waiting for the jalapeño means probably 6 or 8 difficulty adjustments will go by. Basically though, NEITHER will be profitable, but the eruptor will lose it slower by virtue of getting it at a lower difficulty.

Yes, AM has typically sold asics at extreme markups because they could boast that theirs would ship immediately, and that's been bad for people returns; the world will look a lot different come November; basically the way things look, no miner will be profitable. There's no sense in arguing semantics, defending bfl or am, they both offer exceedingly poor deals at this point.
You are the first person to speak sense.  +1

I know value vs value is like a bird in the hand being worth more than 2 in the bush.  Being a better value don't make it worth buying though.

I already gambled with my prior mining income and gotten more back than I spent for my Jala.  I may or may not have done as well if I had had 2x the BTC to play with, just cause I turned 2BTC into 5.3BTC don't mean 4BTC would have ended up 10.6BTC.

The ONLY thing people can do today is gamble that BTC value will increase and they will end up with more Fiat than they started with.  Bring on the clowns and their "you shoulda bought BTC and held!"

Exactly; I've always considered bitcoin denominated returns nonsense. The reason being, bitcoin isn't a native currency, one that you can pay rent, mortgage, food and taxes with. In my mind, our portfolios are denominated in dollars (or euros or whichever other fiat is favored by the nation you live in).

There was someone complaining that on a bitcoin basis, his bfl made an abysmal return, and I had to argue that while its true, it's not the whole picture - our portfolios are fiat based, and making the decision to buy mining equipment vs holding bitcoin is an allocation decision that each person has to make; just because someone chose to buy something in bitcoins and didn't make back those bitcoins while the exchange rate skyrocketed doesn't mean they "lost"money, just that they didn't earn what they could have otherwise.

It's said repeatedly that past results don't imply future returns, and that is nowhere more true that bitcoin, where the entire economy is 100% speculative, and incredibly tiny and illiquid to boot. Nothing we see anywhere has anything to do with fundamentals, is all to do with the prevailing sentiment of the last few people to place decent sized orders.

Yes, bitcoin went from 6 to $140 in a year and change; but prior to that, it had lost almost 80% from its peak in the year prior... Even now, its down just under 50% from its all time high, and it had fallen 75 or 80% when that high was reached. So to think that it's continued march upwards is a foregone conclusion... Well, its not. It could just as easily stumble and take another 80% dive. Again, the market is so small, so illiquid, that it wouldn't take too much action to cause a drop on that level. Or, yes, a spike too, to be fair. Point being, there's no assurance of anything. That bitcoin did great in the last year means exactly nothing going forward. This is all uncharted territory; I unfortunately think its going to hit a brick wall soon, but all that means is my opinion of it offsets someone else's bullish opinion.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
Anyone know the power consumption for these?
Activity: 518
What's the point of the OP? I don't see any prices posted.
vip
Activity: 198
Merit: 101
I was hoping the new boards would allow for daisy chaining so you only had to configure one unit!

(Obviously doesn't matter since backplanes make for better mass-deployment anyhow)
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
Since my opinion has not changed since I made my purchase, why should I demand a refund when I knew the story before I bought?  *I* knew I'd be using my GPU regardless of the electricity cost just as I'll be using the Jalapeno regardless of the return.  *I'm* not buying with my eyes full of $$$$ and I could care less about short term RoI.  I made an investment, and in the long run, I believe my investment will pay off more than yours.  I barely had 2BTC in hand back in June, instead of spending it, I invested it.  I made my purchase with USD, which I could not have done to get the USB.  Let's check what would have happened if I had bought the USB with my 2BTC... I'd have spent 1.99BTC ($250) for a USB device and I'd have gotten less than .75BTC in return (I've had 300MH pointed at BTC guild since I placed my order and as of today that is at 0.66456736 BTC. Multiply by 1.11 and you get .73766977BTC).  So, today I'd have ~1.4BTC and a shiny trinket.  What do I have today?  5.3BTC and an order 15 times as powerful.  Yea, I sure was stupid, wasn't I?  NOT!

WTF are you talking about? I'm talking about placing an order today. You call 10 GH/s for 4 BTC delivery in maybe a week, "highway robbery". What do you call BFL's 5 GH/s for 2 BTC delivered in "2 or more months"?
I already have a unit on order, WHY should I cancel it to get something that uses more power and won't remain profitable as long JUST cause I can get it in a week?  The current difficulty will be changed before I get this unit, IF I were stupid enough to buy it.  If I split the difference and use 75 and the current rate of difficulty increase, I'll come out -.5BTC after 6 months.  I can do a lot better just investing my BTC in the 0.05% daily return over on Havelock, where I'd have at least .7BTC more than if I bought this junk.

Sorry if I used too many words for you. Let my try one simple question.

Is BFL's current offer of 5 GH/s for 2 BTC delivered in "2 or more months" also "highway robbery"?
One problem with your question.  The Jalapeno is NOT a fixed 2BTC while the Blade IS a fixed 4BTC.  The Jala's $274, which currently is less than 2BTC, is not a good price to purchase at in this moment in time.  If the price of BTC rises to $400 by November and they are caught up and you can get a Jala in a week, at that moment in time it'd be a good deal.  The fixed BTC price on these blades however means they will never be a good deal at ANY moment in time.

one problem with what u say too, for EU price is 5.99 BTC so ...
Activity: 532
Since my opinion has not changed since I made my purchase, why should I demand a refund when I knew the story before I bought?  *I* knew I'd be using my GPU regardless of the electricity cost just as I'll be using the Jalapeno regardless of the return.  *I'm* not buying with my eyes full of $$$$ and I could care less about short term RoI.  I made an investment, and in the long run, I believe my investment will pay off more than yours.  I barely had 2BTC in hand back in June, instead of spending it, I invested it.  I made my purchase with USD, which I could not have done to get the USB.  Let's check what would have happened if I had bought the USB with my 2BTC... I'd have spent 1.99BTC ($250) for a USB device and I'd have gotten less than .75BTC in return (I've had 300MH pointed at BTC guild since I placed my order and as of today that is at 0.66456736 BTC. Multiply by 1.11 and you get .73766977BTC).  So, today I'd have ~1.4BTC and a shiny trinket.  What do I have today?  5.3BTC and an order 15 times as powerful.  Yea, I sure was stupid, wasn't I?  NOT!

WTF are you talking about? I'm talking about placing an order today. You call 10 GH/s for 4 BTC delivery in maybe a week, "highway robbery". What do you call BFL's 5 GH/s for 2 BTC delivered in "2 or more months"?
I already have a unit on order, WHY should I cancel it to get something that uses more power and won't remain profitable as long JUST cause I can get it in a week?  The current difficulty will be changed before I get this unit, IF I were stupid enough to buy it.  If I split the difference and use 75 and the current rate of difficulty increase, I'll come out -.5BTC after 6 months.  I can do a lot better just investing my BTC in the 0.05% daily return over on Havelock, where I'd have at least .7BTC more than if I bought this junk.

One problem with your question.  The Jalapeno is NOT a fixed 2BTC while the Blade IS a fixed 4BTC.  The Jala's $274, which currently is less than 2BTC, is not a good price to purchase at in this moment in time.  If the price of BTC rises to $400 by November and they are caught up and you can get a Jala in a week, at that moment in time it'd be a good deal.  The fixed BTC price on these blades however means they will never be a good deal at ANY moment in time.
Bcp,

I mostly agree with your points here and elsewhere, but this one is a losing fight;

A block eruptor blade at this point is far superior to a jalapeño; you could get the blade and watch difficulty adjust once, maybe twice, while you wait; waiting for the jalapeño means probably 6 or 8 difficulty adjustments will go by. Basically though, NEITHER will be profitable, but the eruptor will lose it slower by virtue of getting it at a lower difficulty.

Yes, AM has typically sold asics at extreme markups because they could boast that theirs would ship immediately, and that's been bad for people returns; the world will look a lot different come November; basically the way things look, no miner will be profitable. There's no sense in arguing semantics, defending bfl or am, they both offer exceedingly poor deals at this point.
You are the first person to speak sense.  +1

I know value vs value is like a bird in the hand being worth more than 2 in the bush.  Being a better value don't make it worth buying though.

I already gambled with my prior mining income and gotten more back than I spent for my Jala.  I may or may not have done as well if I had had 2x the BTC to play with, just cause I turned 2BTC into 5.3BTC don't mean 4BTC would have ended up 10.6BTC.

The ONLY thing people can do today is gamble that BTC value will increase and they will end up with more Fiat than they started with.  Bring on the clowns and their "you shoulda bought BTC and held!"
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

should it be any different now?  Spare me your sanctimonious crap, it's still highway robbery.

Come on dude, it's not like you are forced to buy these.  If you don't like the deal, you just don't buy.  Nobody robs you.

Everyone says they need to inform the clueless about BFL's practices.  I am only doing the same about these.  If you shout down the logic you are condoning the practice of ripping people off for profit.  If people have been warned and still buy, then there is nothing I can do but say "I warned you".

All I ask is you mention the btc price needs to rise or the blades are a long term fail.  btc was 85 usd in early aug it is now 131 usd these are coinbase prices So in 1 month price rose 55 %..    so in

one month btc price    will be    203 usd.  
two months btc price   will be   314 usd.
three months btc price will be   486 usd.
then  753   usd  
then  1167 usd      in 5 months

why not coins were 10 bucks last year   jumped all the way to 240 and now are 131   so 10 x 13 = 130    they are 13 fold in price from a year ago today 13 x 131 = 1700usd a btc

please if you want to argue diff going up mention btc price going up.  or for that matter going down.
Ah, but every time I do that I get the old "You would have been better off buying BTC and holding it" nonsense.  Now you are speculating on the rise/fall of BTC to possibly get RoI.  In this instance though, if you spend 4BTC, regardless of BTC price, you cannot mine 4BTC back.  It *looks* like you can if you use the current 65M difficulty, but we are already a week past the last jump and Difficulty will be 85+ by the time these arrive.  

EVERYTHING can get more USD than you paid for it IF the BTC price goes up enough.  The porponents will argue that you lost out though by not buying BTC and holding.
Activity: 644

Good luck with Jalapeno shipped in november
http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/9e2c5ccaa8

Bcp,

legendary
Activity: 4158
Merit: 8049
'The right to privacy matters'
should it be any different now?  Spare me your sanctimonious crap, it's still highway robbery.

Come on dude, it's not like you are forced to buy these.  If you don't like the deal, you just don't buy.  Nobody robs you.

Everyone says they need to inform the clueless about BFL's practices.  I am only doing the same about these.  If you shout down the logic you are condoning the practice of ripping people off for profit.  If people have been warned and still buy, then there is nothing I can do but say "I warned you".

All I ask is you mention the btc price needs to rise or the blades are a long term fail.  btc was 85 usd in early aug it is now 131 usd these are coinbase prices So in 1 month price rose 55 %..    so in

one month btc price    will be    203 usd.  
two months btc price   will be   314 usd.
three months btc price will be   486 usd.
then  753   usd  
then  1167 usd      in 5 months

why not coins were 10 bucks last year   jumped all the way to 240 and now are 131   so 10 x 13 = 130    they are 13 fold in price from a year ago today 13 x 131 = 1700usd a btc

please if you want to argue diff going up mention btc price going up.  or for that matter going down.

I didn't spend BTC on it, so it really looks like this:  http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/c929aab29c
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
i wish we had a price drop here.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Activity: 672
What everyone else is saying.. interested in the backplane.. without 10 boards..
Pages:
Jump to: