Pages:
Author

Topic: [Block Erupter Blade (New Model)]Low Price, Limited Quantity - page 6. (Read 39956 times)

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501
should it be any different now?  Spare me your sanctimonious crap, it's still highway robbery.

Come on dude, it's not like you are forced to buy these.  If you don't like the deal, you just don't buy.  Nobody robs you.

Everyone says they need to inform the clueless about BFL's practices.  I am only doing the same about these.  If you shout down the logic you are condoning the practice of ripping people off for profit.  If people have been warned and still buy, then there is nothing I can do but say "I warned you".

Guess what?  No-one in this thread is interested in your opinion.  Get down off your soap box, and go take it somewhere else.
legendary
Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013
Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952
AM will have bled their customer base dry of funds.

Interesting discussion.

Re the USD theme - I never wanted to acquire USD, and my angst has been growing of late as I reflect that I've sunk a lot of my hard-mined BTC into buying miners (BFL and Erupters) when what I really wanted to do was dump fiat and acquire BTC (regardless of relative prices). Gotta think this through some more.        Smiley
Activity: 335
Merit: 250
4 btc/$560 cost basis for 10gh + starting difficulty 88,000,000 + only 15% per difficulty increase = $27 profit after 12 months.  No go.

Mining is dead, long live mining!

What calculations for % gain in BTC price?
Sorry for the tangent of the thread... but I feel it's relevant.

If you spend 4BTC, and it never returns 4BTC... then who cares what USD price of BTC is?

The less than 4BTC you earn with the hardware will never be worth as much as the 4BTC spent for the hardware, no matter what the price of BTC is...

This alone is reason enough. . . . and there is more. . .

AM had the chance to crush the competition and dominated the market by supplying hardware at competitive prices.  If they had focused on an expanded supply line and competing on price.  They could have owned asic production and created an economy of scale with much more long term profit, but instead they focused on maximizing their short term profit.  This in turn left room in the market for another 4-6 companies to pop up.  This is good for customers, but truly bad news for AM.  the current competitive pricing is around $7-$8 a gigahash and this costs $52.  The only reason they are selling is there are a lot of frenzied people who can't do simple math/logic and realize that 4 BTC is  worth more than the return on the mining output of 10 gh/s.  When marketing product, instead of just leveraging frenzy, a company needs to attract customers by offering an advantage.  Everybody would buy from AM if they gave a good price.  

Next thing that typical AM fan boi blindness types have to say is "AM will lower the prices when they need to".  That'll be great, except we will have all found supply lines and created loyal relationships with companies that we know won't face rape us on prices when they feel like they can or have us over a barrel. No one will want to trust them.  The customer base they have now will have gone broke buying overpriced hardware with no ROI and had to leave the mining game.   That's the essence of it.  Can AM do this? Yes and they have the right too.  Will it lead to a bright and sun-shiny future? No, somebody will step up and compete properly and will invest in the long term.  AM will have bled their customer base dry of funds.  And the 10s of thousands of miners deploying massively superior hashing products will have overwhelmed their ability to deploy in the mining operation side.

So go ahead AM, keep on keeping on.  Then one day there will be no customers left. . .imho

g' luck
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
4 btc/$560 cost basis for 10gh + starting difficulty 88,000,000 + only 15% per difficulty increase = $27 profit after 12 months.  No go.

Sorry for the tangent of the thread... but I feel it's relevant.

If you spend 4BTC, and it never returns 4BTC... then who cares what USD price of BTC is?

The less than 4BTC you earn with the hardware will never be worth as much as the 4BTC spent for the hardware, no matter what the price of BTC is...

Activity: 336
4 btc/$560 cost basis for 10gh + starting difficulty 88,000,000 + only 15% per difficulty increase = $27 profit after 12 months.  No go.

What calculations for % decrease in BTC price?    (This is just as  likely)  ;-)
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503
Someone is sitting in the shade today...

Activity: 47

Not conservative enough.  By the time anyone receives one, the diff is estimated to be > ~85M. 
Making only that change:  http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/affe07a256

Regardless of the posts about the "value" of BTC in USD....  If you spend 4BTC on one of these, the chance of getting 4BTC back from them is non-existent.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Do you know what happens when an ASIC manufacturer doesn't charge the most they can charge (ie. "market price")?

What happens is what we saw with Avalon devices: people buying devices for $1,000 from Avalon, and selling them on eBay for $10,000.

So you've got a choice. Either let the manufacturer make the money or let some random buyer make the money. Who do you think deserves it the most?
Who?

The bitcoin community who buys the mining equipment.

If the bitcoin community didn't exist, FriedCat would be leftovers in the trash can out the back of your local restaurant.

Basically, companies like AsicMiner and Avalon are pretty much on target to destroy the Bitcoin community in the near future.

I would not be the slightest bit surprised if Bitcoin either had next to no mining community in 12 months, or bitcoin was itself dead and gone.

At the moment AsicMiner is a short sighted attempt to grab as much cash and BTC as possible and doesn't give a damn about the bitcoin community except how much it can damage it by fleecing it of as much BTC as possible.

I will also point out that AsicMiner only started to sell hardware under duress.
I guess they took that duress and shoved it where the sun don't shine for everyone who bought AMUs and most people who bought blades.

Yes of course some people will buy devices and sell them on ebay for more.
But deriding that is directly deriding AsicMiner for doing the exact same thing to literally everyone who buys hardware from them.

P.S. tell me where above I am wrong ...

Hate to say it but ... Kano is right !!

I feel so dirty ...lolz

They are sucking every last cent out of everything that they can ....not one iota less

BFL AVALON ASICMINER GOX...I hope they all are gone in the next 12 months

Morality is being faced with a decision and then NOT taking the easy path.....Most people live lives never having to face these questions ..but long story short all of the above have failed & failed miserably....

Nobody has ANY feelings of loyality to Friedcat & crew as they have shown total disrespect to all....  

CRYPTO is full of the trader mentality which is how crypto was created & born in the first place by the BANKING & FINANCE guys......The did not give a flying fuck about what they where doing as long as they made coin !!!  GFC

Oh well its funny....... all that has to happen is somebody who can still make mega $$ but also give back & not take the fast instantaneous ME ME ME money crab ....and they will own crypto & be respected

So far this person or ppl have not yet materialized or been proven worthy of the CRYPTO Excalibur  

legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★
Do you know what happens when an ASIC manufacturer doesn't charge the most they can charge (ie. "market price")?

What happens is what we saw with Avalon devices: people buying devices for $1,000 from Avalon, and selling them on eBay for $10,000.

So you've got a choice. Either let the manufacturer make the money or let some random buyer make the money. Who do you think deserves it the most?
Who?

If the bitcoin community didn't exist, FriedCat would be leftovers in the trash can out the back of your local restaurant.

Basically, companies like AsicMiner and Avalon are pretty much on target to destroy the Bitcoin community in the near future.

I would not be the slightest bit surprised if Bitcoin either had next to no mining community in 12 months, or bitcoin was itself dead and gone.

At the moment AsicMiner is a short sighted attempt to grab as much cash and BTC as possible and doesn't give a damn about the bitcoin community except how much it can damage it by fleecing it of as much BTC as possible.

I will also point out that AsicMiner only started to sell hardware under duress.
I guess they took that duress and shoved it where the sun don't shine for everyone who bought AMUs and most people who bought blades.

But deriding that is directly deriding AsicMiner for doing the exact same thing to literally everyone who buys hardware from them.

BTC will need to go up in price that makes it still advantageous to mine or the entire concept does not work.
Looks like BTC will be on target to do just that as it's getting close to a 24/7 Global buying of BTC by the entire civilized world. 200,000,000 increase in market cap in last few months.
It's just a baby learning to sprint...
 Wink
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

Who?

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
www.bitcointrading.com
The thing I like about these is I don't see those little voltage adjustment knobs!  Just plug and play, no tuning at all (although that extra 3 GH/s a board will be missed) I could see these being very quick to deploy.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1008
Is the picture accurate?  Are you using 32 chips to get 10GH?

I imagine...

32*.336GH= 10.752GH
Seems like a lot of unnecessary expense... 32 chips vs 3-4 from other concerns for the same hash rate.  I can't see get 10x as many chips for the same or less money.

Please show me where you can get brand new ASIC miner delivered to you in a week.
Ah, yes, you can have it now, you just get $^%&#^ in the process.  It's been true ever since May 4th when the 1.99BTC erupters came out, why should it be any different now?  Spare me your sanctimonious crap, it's still highway robbery.

It's a bad deal, for sure.  But I have to say it's pretty bizarre how you rag on Asicminer all the time, yet defend Butterfly labs to the hilt.
BFL sold product at a fixed pre-order price then sold at a final price once they had a product.  ASICMiner sold at the edge of what the market would bear, repeatedly.  It's funny how you have proof that ASICminer fleeced people over and over, but you refuse to see it all cause BFL is the 'long con'.  I've seen several resellers comment on how they bought and then had the rug pulled out from underneath them before they could even try to sell.  BFL ain't the stellar example of how to run a company, but ASICMiner could give PT Barnum lessons in snake oil selling.  The products BFL is currently shipping CAN earn more than they cost at this point in time.  The erupters haven't yet.  The current blades sure look shakly.

The tired old "product in hand" is a ripoff.  Sure, BFL took more orders than could guarantee everyone made a profit.  Yet they never gouged their customers to reap every penny.  100,000 people clamored to buy shovels.  BFL tried to make a hardened steel one that seldom needed sharpening, but the supplied metal was too brittle and they had to try again and again.  ASICMiner sold you an iron one at top dollar that needed sharpening once a week.  Yet, according to you and others, the fault doesn't lie with the 100,000 clamoring for shovels as they elbow each other for a share of the pie... it's all the salesmans fault for selling too many shovels.

Activity: 532

I imagine...

32*.336GH= 10.752GH
Seems like a lot of unnecessary expense... 32 chips vs 3-4 from other concerns for the same hash rate.  I can't see get 10x as many chips for the same or less money.

Please show me where you can get brand new ASIC miner delivered to you in a week.
Ah, yes, you can have it now, you just get $^%&#^ in the process.  It's been true ever since May 4th when the 1.99BTC erupters came out, why should it be any different now?  Spare me your sanctimonious crap, it's still highway robbery.

It's a bad deal, for sure.  But I have to say it's pretty bizarre how you rag on Asicminer all the time, yet defend Butterfly labs to the hilt.
BFL sold product at a fixed pre-order price then sold at a final price once they had a product.  ASICMiner sold at the edge of what the market would bear, repeatedly.  It's funny how you have proof that ASICminer fleeced people over and over, but you refuse to see it all cause BFL is the 'long con'.  I've seen several resellers comment on how they bought and then had the rug pulled out from underneath them before they could even try to sell.  BFL ain't the stellar example of how to run a company, but ASICMiner could give PT Barnum lessons in snake oil selling.  The products BFL is currently shipping CAN earn more than they cost at this point in time.  The erupters haven't yet.  The current blades sure look shakly.

The tired old "product in hand" is a ripoff.  Sure, BFL took more orders than could guarantee everyone made a profit.  Yet they never gouged their customers to reap every penny.  100,000 people clamored to buy shovels.  BFL tried to make a hardened steel one that seldom needed sharpening, but the supplied metal was too brittle and they had to try again and again.  ASICMiner sold you an iron one at top dollar that needed sharpening once a week.  Yet, according to you and others, the fault doesn't lie with the 100,000 clamoring for shovels as they elbow each other for a share of the pie... it's all the salesmans fault for selling too many shovels.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Was Avalon highway robbery?  At the time of preorder, no, but many today would say they are due to not making a positive RoI.
Was BFL highway robbery?  In the past, no, today, yes, in the future, it could go either way.

Avalon B1 and B2 have positive ROI.  In USD and in Bitcoin. BFL has always been highway robbery, not based on their prices, based on the fact that they don't actually deliver.
Activity: 574
Is the picture accurate?  Are you using 32 chips to get 10GH?

I imagine...

32*.336GH= 10.752GH
Seems like a lot of unnecessary expense... 32 chips vs 3-4 from other concerns for the same hash rate.  I can't see get 10x as many chips for the same or less money.

Ah, yes, you can have it now, you just get $^%&#^ in the process.  It's been true ever since May 4th when the 1.99BTC erupters came out, why should it be any different now?  Spare me your sanctimonious crap, it's still highway robbery.

It's a bad deal, for sure.  But I have to say it's pretty bizarre how you rag on Asicminer all the time, yet defend Butterfly labs to the hilt.

The guy has issues ....& is a total sock puppet ...int30h comes to mind....I ignore 3 ppl on the forum as I like talking to morons ...but this guy is on my list

int03h
limitless
bcp0.9

Golden Sockpuppet award ....

P.S Dont feed the trolls ..lolz
Activity: 280
Hell?
Does it operate with CGminer and P2Pool, or same embedded software as in "old" Blade?

This is a question I would like answered too. Hopefully someone knowledgeable see's it through the other stuff.  Undecided
If you want cgminer support, don't buy them.
That would be a mistake buying them.

It seems AM likes the idea that people shouldn't be able to use the best mining software out there when they ship their devices.
I guess they think that supplying us with hardware in advance will be a drastic effect on the massive profits they make.

Simply - don't buy them.

im with you kano.

+1
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Does it operate with CGminer and P2Pool, or same embedded software as in "old" Blade?

This is a question I would like answered too. Hopefully someone knowledgeable see's it through the other stuff.  Undecided
If you want cgminer support, don't buy them.
That would be a mistake buying them.

It seems AM likes the idea that people shouldn't be able to use the best mining software out there when they ship their devices.
I guess they think that supplying us with hardware in advance will be a drastic effect on the massive profits they make.

Simply - don't buy them.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

I imagine...

32*.336GH= 10.752GH

Activity: 55
ETA on when these badboys will go out?

I think canary said he should have them by the end of the week but i could be confusing that with something else. You can put your orders in for them though on his thread
Pages:
Jump to: