Pages:
Author

Topic: [Block Erupter Blade (New Model)]Low Price, Limited Quantity - page 5. (Read 39956 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 251
We do not know if they will be available for purchase individually.

My question as well.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Im sorry but Im still not seeing prices for bulk orders. Am I missing a post somewhere?  Huh
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
@candoo    Sarcasm..... right?
Well he didn't answer your question.

We all know you get a FREE backplane when you buy 10.
We do not know if they will be available for purchase individually.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
These new Blades - they support LP/work restart? So they can work with p2pool?

The old ones work with p2pool, so why wouldn't the new ones?  Huh
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3077867
Seems the new ones are effectively no real difference to the old ones ... except limited to a lower speed ... i.e. still only GetWork

I would almost rather have the old blades then, I do like the backplane on the new ones though!
Activity: 574

Ancient technology...hmm yuk !
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3077867
Seems the new ones are effectively no real difference to the old ones ... except limited to a lower speed ... i.e. still only GetWork
Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
DARKNETMARKETS.COM
Activity: 102
Btcs for 3 bladed was sent ! I emailed [email protected].
Activity: 335
Merit: 250
4 btc/$560 cost basis for 10gh + starting difficulty 88,000,000 + only 15% per difficulty increase = $27 profit after 12 months.  No go.

Mining is dead, long live mining!

What calculations for % gain in BTC price?
Sorry for the tangent of the thread... but I feel it's relevant.

If you spend 4BTC, and it never returns 4BTC... then who cares what USD price of BTC is?

The less than 4BTC you earn with the hardware will never be worth as much as the 4BTC spent for the hardware, no matter what the price of BTC is...

This alone is reason enough. . . . and there is more. . .

AM had the chance to crush the competition and dominated the market by supplying hardware at competitive prices.  If they had focused on an expanded supply line and competing on price.  They could have owned asic production and created an economy of scale with much more long term profit, but instead they focused on maximizing their short term profit.  This in turn left room in the market for another 4-6 companies to pop up.  This is good for customers, but truly bad news for AM.

etc..etc..

So go ahead AM, keep on keeping on.  Then one day there will be no customers left. . .imho

g' luck

am was making 2500%+ profit margin on their blades, the industry leader apple is making around 30% and that's considered extremely high.  am knows exactly what they are doing. Why sell 5000 blades when you can sell 200 and achieve the same profit. They have continued to be the market leader in term of actual gh/$ delivered.

It sucks for the clueless miners buying into their hardware that barely roi anything, but it does not suck to be am.

Kind of ironic you edit out the paragraph about the fan boi response and play right into it. . .well done
Activity: 81
@candoo    Sarcasm..... right?
Activity: 532
4 btc/$560 cost basis for 10gh + starting difficulty 88,000,000 + only 15% per difficulty increase = $27 profit after 12 months.  No go.

If you spend 4BTC, and it never returns 4BTC... then who cares what USD price of BTC is?

The less than 4BTC you earn with the hardware will never be worth as much as the 4BTC spent for the hardware, no matter what the price of BTC is...

AM had the chance to crush the competition and dominated the market by supplying hardware at competitive prices.  If they had focused on an expanded supply line and competing on price.  They could have owned asic production and created an economy of scale with much more long term profit, but instead they focused on maximizing their short term profit.  This in turn left room in the market for another 4-6 companies to pop up.  This is good for customers, but truly bad news for AM.

etc..etc..

So go ahead AM, keep on keeping on.  Then one day there will be no customers left. . .imho

g' luck

am was making 2500%+ profit margin on their blades, the industry leader apple is making around 30% and that's considered extremely high.  am knows exactly what they are doing. Why sell 5000 blades when you can sell 200 and achieve the same profit. They have continued to be the market leader in term of actual gh/$ delivered.

It sucks for the clueless miners buying into their hardware that barely roi anything, but it does not suck to be am.
I think you meant leader in $/GH.  500$/GH on the early 50BTC blades, $750/GH in May for USB.  Nobody knows how to ass-rape customers like AM.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

This is true of any ASIC hardware supplier =) ... they are the only folks making the real profit out of this gold rush =)
Activity: 1316
Merit: 503
Someone is sitting in the shade today...

etc..etc..

g' luck

Activity: 540
Merit: 250
BestRate.org
Activity: 532
should it be any different now?  Spare me your sanctimonious crap, it's still highway robbery.

Come on dude, it's not like you are forced to buy these.  If you don't like the deal, you just don't buy.  Nobody robs you.

Everyone says they need to inform the clueless about BFL's practices.  I am only doing the same about these.  If you shout down the logic you are condoning the practice of ripping people off for profit.  If people have been warned and still buy, then there is nothing I can do but say "I warned you".

Guess what?  No-one in this thread is interested in your opinion.  Get down off your soap box, and go take it somewhere else.
It's not an opinion, it's fact.  But I guess the 6-8 other people now saying the same thing I did means nothing.
Activity: 98
What if I ordered 10 blades, separately over a span of a couple of weeks? Can I get a backplane then?
Activity: 602
Vertrau in Gott
Activity: 81
So how bout them blades?  Ethernet is handy in it's own right, but USB would be nice so I could just throw it on my pi...

Will the interface be the same?   Native stratum support?   Why remove the overclock?

Are more pictures/information available for power connections and backplanes?

Will the backplanes be sold seperately?

legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
This seems really, really hard for people to understand.

This is solely what I calculate ASIC hardware on , since most hardware is sold @ BTC prices. It doesnt matter its USD conversion and I leave power cost out of it too cuz that involves USD conversion.
So yeah, everything announced and / or selling right now will most likely never achieve this - or so it seems.

But, I suspect that difficulty will achieve some sort of flatline around 1.xxx billion and hold for a while. Giving room for some of these devices to make positive ROI. Theres just simply not enough hardware announced to achieve the 328 PH/s hashrate required for a difficulty of predicted 42billion.
At most there is 10PH or so in the pipeline.... and that puts us around a 1.3billion diff...
Pages:
Jump to: