Pages:
Author

Topic: Block Erupter Tube Sales Information Thread [Round4, Price at <1btc per TH/s] - page 16. (Read 88157 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Has anyone experience this? Suddenly Board 3 started showing 100% error rates:

Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Cool. I wonder if slush would want to talk to the guy I've got working on it? We've got a slush proxy modified to truncate the extranonce2 length to pool-requested size, but haven't yet determined what issues there are with non-slush pool compatibility.

I sent you a pm with the email they sent me with the ticket number etc. Feel free to pass it on to him.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Cool. I wonder if slush would want to talk to the guy I've got working on it? We've got a slush proxy modified to truncate the extranonce2 length to pool-requested size, but haven't yet determined what issues there are with non-slush pool compatibility.
I've actually only assembled 19 of the 31 so far, been also busy running new circuits and troubleshooting the pool compatibility stuff. I'll start the rest tonight and finish up tomorrow though. Saturday will be a much-needed day off, I think I've worked every day so far this month.

By the way slush set up a isolated ip for me to point one at so they could capture the errors to see if it is something easy they can fix on their end. I asked them to leave it up till Friday afternoon so I could get one put together and point there. If I have still problems tomorrow I will pm you with it if you think you would have time to point one at it.

Thanks again.
legendary
I've actually only assembled 19 of the 31 so far, been also busy running new circuits and troubleshooting the pool compatibility stuff. I'll start the rest tonight and finish up tomorrow though. Saturday will be a much-needed day off, I think I've worked every day so far this month.
Set each board's DIP switches to a unique value. What could be happening is every board is addressed the same, so when the controller polls the boards it's getting collisions like mad and errors into a reset. The easiest thing with 4 boards on one controller is flip a different switch on each board.

Thanks, I figured it would be something simple I was missing. By the way after putting that thing together will all the screws I decided you must have the patience of Jobe. I don't know how you did 30 of those without going crazy. If you expand your hosting in near future drop me a pm I would be interested.

Thanks again for the quick answer.
legendary
Set each board's DIP switches to a unique value. What could be happening is every board is addressed the same, so when the controller polls the boards it's getting collisions like mad and errors into a reset. The easiest thing with 4 boards on one controller is flip a different switch on each board.
Canary, sidehack, FC or anyone else that has successfully got one of these up...Help Please

Have it together with power to all 8 connections. Power to controller.
3 white cables going from 1st board left connector to 2nd board left connector.
2nd cable going from 2nd board right connector to 3rd board left connector.
3rd cable going from 3rd board right connector to 4th board left connector.
Controller going to board 1 right connector.
I did the megaflash but not sure it updated all the boards. The controller will drop network about every 20 secs or so with all the 3 lights flashing on and off and the network connection light will go off and it drops.
Managed to work in between drops and changed network info to my actual network. When I log in between the drops the status page only shows one board.
Entered ghash just to test and unit isn't hashing.

Is there a special way to hook up cables as well as controller cable? Was I suppose to do something with dip switches I left as they were.

Here is a pic of my main screen in between network drops:

Activity: 650
Pick and place? I need more coffee.
I have two of these connecting to Eligius through Bfgminer.  It works, but not set and forget.  Have to restart the controller/Bfgminer from time to time.  I am using

an old version (3.10) because the newest version (4.70) was even less stable. Bfgminer is running in Windows.
legendary
So, a report on pool compatibility issues. I haven't tested bfgminer yet, but ckpool proxy has been working perfectly on ozcoin for a while. ckolivas looked at the issues I was seeing between his proxy and brickpools pools apparently based off Luke-Jr software? He looked it over and looked it over and threw up his hands in disgust after a couple hours. It appears the things are basically hard-coded to ghash.io nonstandard header format, which means that, basically, if ghash changed their header structure these things wouldn't mine on a single pool natively. Which is pretty retarded.

Anyway, ckolivas gave us some ideas but had to get back to working on other stuff so we're gonna try and isolate the format issues and fork a slush's proxy implementation to make these stupid things work with any pool. If we can do it (Novak's already got one working on ozcoin, but that's the easy fix) we should be able to release a Windows build for people to use which will make it quite a bit easier for lazy and/or underteched people to not be stuck with ghash.

If this whole thing becomes moot and ASICMiner releases a firmware update to make them not kick stratum testicles in an aggressively impolite manner, I'll be both shocked and pleased. But in the (probably likely) chance they don't, hopefully we'll make an efficient workable solution anyway.
Activity: 650
Pick and place? I need more coffee.
What do some of the "ASIC section" variables do?  Anyone?

Like these:  WakeUp period(s)    Normal/Smart 0/1

Is the fan supposed to run at 100% all of the time?
Activity: 857
Merit: 1000
Anger is a gift.
I have gotta board that will not hash at all. I have double checked all the connections and still cannot get it to power up.

Activity: 644
Inspired

I really like the design guys.  Great job AM!
legendary
8 Tubes? Each Tube is given a 5-bit address, which covers 0-31 so 32 blades at 4 per Tube makes 8 Tubes.
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
So I can run 2 tubes from 1 Ethernet/controller yes?
you can run 4 full tubes with 1 controller

Edit: sorry folks, was thinking 8, but typed 4.

1 controller can run 8 tubes.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
yes, the question is if you want to, as you have to interconnect the two and always keep them next to each other.

I thought there were three connectors per controller?  Obviously at some point they would require interconnection but not for two...
I will know for sure as soon as I get mine! Wink
Activity: 714
yes, the question is if you want to, as you have to interconnect the two and always keep them next to each other.
Activity: 419
Merit: 250
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Has anyone actually calculated that they can make a BTC profit from buying these?

What assumptions did you use about power costs and difficulty increases in order to show a positive ROI?

They are so pretty that i want one, and i may run a couple in winter as a high tech space heater but every way i do the sums this comes out as a loss

http://www.iasicminer.com/index.php/action-channel-name-counter 

here is the calculator for your problem.

the english version is temporary un-available but you should easy to do the similar calculation. As our estimate,within 8% avg hashrate growth rate and 0.15 USD/KWH  electricity rate, it is def profitable.

How about Bitfountain steps up and revamps the website with whatever suite they used for theirs.  Are they still the majority shareholder?

hehe ,sry. iasicminer.com is mainly for chinese buyers since a big part of them do not even know bitcointalk. For international buyers,  we mainly rely on official sale thread post by FC as we used to do ,so that the english version hasnt been well improved so far.
Pages:
Jump to: