Pages:
Author

Topic: Block Erupter Tube Sales Information Thread [Round4, Price at <1btc per TH/s] - page 17. (Read 88157 times)

legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1043
#Free market
I'll look into it later this afternoon. There's probably enough demand for it to make it worthwhile. I try to avoid BFG in general but unless we want to recode slush proxy that might be the easiest option.

Hi @Sidehck , Do you took some pictures of your miner ? I'd like to see it at works . Thanks again .
Activity: 938
Merit: 502
Has anyone actually calculated that they can make a BTC profit from buying these?

What assumptions did you use about power costs and difficulty increases in order to show a positive ROI?

They are so pretty that i want one, and i may run a couple in winter as a high tech space heater but every way i do the sums this comes out as a loss

http://www.iasicminer.com/index.php/action-channel-name-counter 

here is the calculator for your problem.

the english version is temporary un-available but you should easy to do the similar calculation. As our estimate,within 8% avg hashrate growth rate and 0.15 USD/KWH  electricity rate, it is def profitable.

How about Bitfountain steps up and revamps the website with whatever suite they used for theirs.  Are they still the majority shareholder?
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Has anyone actually calculated that they can make a BTC profit from buying these?

What assumptions did you use about power costs and difficulty increases in order to show a positive ROI?

They are so pretty that i want one, and i may run a couple in winter as a high tech space heater but every way i do the sums this comes out as a loss

the english version is temporary un-available but you should easy to do the similar calculation. As our estimate,within 8% avg hashrate growth rate and 0.15 USD/KWH  electricity rate, it is def profitable.

Ok thanks. So you can profit on this device only if the average increases in difficulty is no more than 8% per change.

Dont think il be wasting my BTC on mining gear anytime soon then.

Maybe il pick up one of these when they are considered defunct.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0

Activity: 448

Activity: 379
ALL 10 are built!!  I have a new respect and empathy for our friends in China. With only 3 active @ one time the temp in the lab (3000 sqft open space) is sitting @ 40C - 104F so I am literally sweating while turning a screw driver. And after round two announcements I only saved .2 BTC ($100) damn near slave wages.

Two things have come to mind;

1st - This is a great way to trim any fat off the old love handles.
2nd - These would be great way to heat a house up to kill bed bugs! Oh yeah all ready looking @ trailers and durable flex hosing Wink

Thanks FC & Phasebird I will never forget this experience.

Be careful with dropping sweat on the boards!
Sweat is extremely conductive ha!

I would say toweling self added a good hour to the process Wink
donator
Activity: 714
Merit: 510
Preaching the gospel of Satoshi
ALL 10 are built!!  I have a new respect and empathy for our friends in China. With only 3 active @ one time the temp in the lab (3000 sqft open space) is sitting @ 40C - 104F so I am literally sweating while turning a screw driver. Two things have come to mind;

2nd - These would be great way to heat a house up to kill bed bugs! Oh yeah all ready looking @ trailers and durable flex hosing Wink

Be careful with dropping sweat on the boards!
Sweat is extremely conductive ha!
ALL 10 are built!!  I have a new respect and empathy for our friends in China. With only 3 active @ one time the temp in the lab (3000 sqft open space) is sitting @ 40C - 104F so I am literally sweating while turning a screw driver. And after round two announcements I only saved .2 BTC ($100) damn near slave wages.

Two things have come to mind;

Activity: 99
Merit: 10
Open Source Developer, Hardware Supplier
There's a REASONABLY good chance that filtering them through LeaseRig's LR3 proxy will sanitize and fix this issue, too.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-leaserignet-rent-hire-scryptjanenfactorsha3sha256x11-hashpower-544732
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
I'll look into it later this afternoon. There's probably enough demand for it to make it worthwhile. I try to avoid BFG in general but unless we want to recode slush proxy that might be the easiest option.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
I did get BFG to work as a proxy using my s3 as a test on Slush's pool. I downloaded the windows version 4.7 and ran the below cmd line. I just pointed the miner to my computers ip address.

Cd\
cd Bit/BFG
bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 -u xxx.worker2 -p xxxx --stratum-port 3333 --set-device PXY:diff=825

I don't have the actual tube yet but BFG does work as a proxy as sorts so I will try it when it arrives. Maybe sidehack can download BFG 4.7 and give it a try when he gets a chance.
Activity: 478
Merit: 125
Thanks for the quick replies.  I will try BGFMiner tomorrow and see if I can get it to work with Bitminter.  If not I will have to go with one of the 2 pool options till I can get a PI in place or another workaround can be implemented.
legendary
I might mess with it later if I get time. We were looking at tweaking the code for slush's proxy to include a bytelength test and truncation before repacking and forwarding the shares. Worst comes to it, we can look into that again.
legendary
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8515
'The right to privacy matters'
My tube arrives tomorrow.  From reading this thread am I correct in my current assumption that If I don't get a ras pi or Linux machine I have very limited pool choices ie 2 pools?  There is no windows or direct mining solution yet?

seems to be this way.  I have an account with ghash more to trade then mine guess I will mine there and maybe join the  other one mmpool.org

I am not anti -pi or anti linux I just have not had time to buy one and learn to use one.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
My tube arrives tomorrow.  From reading this thread am I correct in my current assumption that If I don't get a ras pi or Linux machine I have very limited pool choices ie 2 pools?  There is no windows or direct mining solution yet?

BFG 4.7 is windows compatible, it is in the software thread. I am going to give it a try with the command line FC posted above when mine come in.
Here is the cmd file I made to launch it:
Cd\
cd Bit/BFG
bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.bitcoin.cz -u xxxxx.worker9 -p xxxxxx--stratum-port 3333 --set-device PXY:diff=825

Software thread:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/old-bfgminer-4100-gbtstratum-rpc-maclinuxwin64-spondoolies-sp30-626361
Activity: 478
Merit: 125
My tube arrives tomorrow.  From reading this thread am I correct in my current assumption that If I don't get a ras pi or Linux machine I have very limited pool choices ie 2 pools?  There is no windows or direct mining solution yet?
legendary
Yeah I read about 930W, which would be around 10% over rated output but these server PSUs are pretty good. I've not pushed one of the 750W that hard before, but the 2000W we've run at 2500W for seven days continuous without issue.
I've had one of these on stock clock running off one of my D750 PSU setups for just shy of 10 hours straight

Wow those are some good PSU's my kill-a-watt reading for 1 tube is 940+ Watts at stock 270 clock, I would not feel comfortable running that much juice over PSU rating.
legendary
Maybe once I'm done assembling them all. I got 31 total to put together and it's a five-step process, one step involving the installation of 156 screws.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1043
#Free market
I've had one of these on stock clock running off one of my D750 PSU setups for just shy of 10 hours straight, behind ckpool proxy pointed at ozcoin. Currently a 7-order difference in accepted shares versus rejected, reporting 816GH on the device and about 900GH at the pool, 98.4% efficient and 0.11% hardware errors. I'll test it out on some other pools later and see what looks like it should work. Probably any pool reported earlier with the same error response as ozcoin (so probably based on the same stratum backend code) would work just fine. I noticed some other pools, eligius and others using BFG stratum code, seem to hose the works again.

Install ckpool's proxy on a linux machine and punch in your pool and worker info into ckproxy.conf, point your Tube at the proxy.

I haven't ever messed with BFG as a proxy, but I don't think it requires a pi to run. If you got a linux machine the instructions probably aren't that different for installation.

Can you  make some photos  of your Asic-miner tube ? I'd like to see it at work . Thanks .
Pages:
Jump to: