Pages:
Author

Topic: Block Erupter Tube Sales Information Thread [Round4, Price at <1btc per TH/s] - page 19. (Read 88157 times)

donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
I confirmed that ghash is the only one working several days ago.
legendary
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8515
'The right to privacy matters'
If I've tried it, it's posted in #201 above. I can only test stuff I have credentials for, or stuff folks supply me with credentials for to test.

nicehash or westhash you only need a btc addy see above

He also tried p2pool, and that does not work either.

he added nicehash and westhash due to me.  not that it matters since they did not work. LOL!

so far one good pool.   I think but am not sure I read that

https://ghash.io/   also works.   maybe someone can confirm this? 
Activity: 857
Merit: 1000
Anger is a gift.
If I've tried it, it's posted in #201 above. I can only test stuff I have credentials for, or stuff folks supply me with credentials for to test.

He also tried p2pool, and that does not work either.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Has anyone contacted FC about the situation? I emailed [email protected] from FC's post with the info that sidehack posted.

I also turned in a support ticket to Slush's pool to see if it is an easy fix on their end or if they had any advice.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
legendary
mmpool.org, I don't know but my guy Novak mines there. If I'm reading packet contents right it's requesting a 2-byte extranonce2 but doesn't throw an error when it receives an 8-byte.

and right now this is the only working pool for the tubes?   well looks like I get to join a new pool.

have you tried nicehash or westhash?  they are a bit weird more of a service then a pool   .     works okay with s-3's.

you just need a btc to mine

worth a shot
to see if they worki
legendary
mmpool.org, I don't know but my guy Novak mines there. If I'm reading packet contents right it's requesting a 2-byte extranonce2 but doesn't throw an error when it receives an 8-byte.
legendary
Newest version of proxy, after firmware update, ozcoin and eligius report the same errors. I also tried btcguild and got "REJECTED: (-2, u'unknown', None) about a berjillion times. I don't think it even polled a starting vardiff properly.

mmpool worked alright, but I was borrowing credentials for that. The pool picked up the full hashrate though, no rejected shares.

edit: stratum.bitcoin.cz reports the same error as ozcoin
us2.eclipsemc.com "REJECTED: (23 u'H-not-zero', None)"
api.polmine.pl "REJECTED: (23 u'H-not-zero', None)"

mint.bitminter.com "REJECTED: (20, u'Extranonce2_size violated', None)"

sidehack what is mmpool?
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
FC - are you working a fix for all these pool rejections?

One forum member may have found issue.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8546092
Anger is a gift.
Haha. Allergic. I am not even gonna ask why.

legendary
Unless you can convince it to use getwork, it looks like slush doesn't repack the shares at all over stratum. It could be that it's repacking them in the same noncompliant format? Dunno, but something's left blank that a lot of pool backend software really seems to hate.

Anyone tried bfgminer's proxy? I would but I'm allergic.
Anger is a gift.
Newest version of proxy, after firmware update, ozcoin and eligius report the same errors. I also tried btcguild and got "REJECTED: (-2, u'unknown', None) about a berjillion times. I don't think it even polled a starting vardiff properly.

mmpool worked alright, but I was borrowing credentials for that. The pool picked up the full hashrate though, no rejected shares.

So even with Slush's proxy you cannot get Eligius to work? I am getting my AM cube memories back as we speak. I hate hate using these stupid ass controllers.
legendary

edit:

mmpool.org: accepted shares

us.ozco.in: REJECTED: (-2, u'Incorrect size of extranonce2. Expected 8 chars', None)
stratum.mining.eligius.st: REJECTED: (23, u'H-not-zero', None)
stratum.bitcoin.cz  REJECTED: (-2, u'Incorrect size of extranonce2. Expected 8 chars', None)
us2.eclipsemc.com "REJECTED: (23 u'H-not-zero', None)"
api.polmine.pl "REJECTED: (23 u'H-not-zero', None)"

mint.bitminter.com "REJECTED: (20, u'Extranonce2_size violated', None)"

stratum.westhash.com "REJECTED: (20, u'Invalid extranonce2 size.', None)"
stratum.nicehash.com "REJECTED: (20, u'Invalid extranonce2 size.', None)"
Activity: 379
Merit: 250

Dangit, no I didn't. I remember seeing that last week but completely forgot about it. I'll run the update and retest.

I'm using slush's mining_proxy.exe, whatever version was downloadable about October last year.

Did not help with eligius.st will not connect even after FlashMega, the pool that shall not be named is only one I have succeeded with to date. Likewise no GUI settings to allow for load balance. Anyone SSH into one of these yet, I have had no luck on port 22, 8000, 7478.
legendary
Sorry if this has been answered already, I just did a quick search. What's the word on firmware updates for these things to fix pool compatibility? I know they work on ghash, but I'm pretty sure I'd rather the machine sit idle than mine there.

I'm running one through mining_proxy and seeing the errors come through. Looks like a case of noncompliant share format that some pools aren't tolerating.

us.ozco.in: REJECTED: (-2, u'Incorrect size of extranonce2. Expected 8 chars', None)
Eligius: REJECTED: (23, u'H-not-zero', None)
mmpool.org: actually accepting shares

Did you do below as described on page 1 of this thread? I think it is the latest but FC could verify.

After connecting the ethernet controller to hashing units, you can
type 192.168.0.254:8000/FlashMega on your web browser to update to the
newest firmware on each hashing unit (no internet connection is needed).

Dangit, no I didn't. I remember seeing that last week but completely forgot about it. I'll run the update and retest.

I'm using slush's mining_proxy.exe, whatever version was downloadable about October last year.
Activity: 419
Merit: 250
Sorry if this has been answered already, I just did a quick search. What's the word on firmware updates for these things to fix pool compatibility? I know they work on ghash, but I'm pretty sure I'd rather the machine sit idle than mine there.

I'm running one through mining_proxy and seeing the errors come through. Looks like a case of noncompliant share format that some pools aren't tolerating.

Which proxy? The java or the python?
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
I do not look at $ per GH since I pay in BTC only.  Break even with free power is 110 days (if I am lucky and diff stays low) + they look like a pain to assemble.  So far I have seen a few people with these and they all have issues so far.  I have been buying used gear for better prices S1's / KnC / FailFast etc.. I do not really care about power usage.  I will wait and see how many in Canary's group buy have similar issues I suppose before passing final judgement.    

$/GH or BTC/GH, it's all the same.  S1's are selling for BTC.18-.20 for 180 GH/s (BTC0.001-0.0011/GHs), these are selling for BTC1.04 for 800 GHs (BTC0.0013/GHs). For most people, the fact that they are twice as efficient as S1's means cutting your costs in half.  Even @ $0.10/KWh (since we don't pay for electricity with BTC) the savings of 2x AM's vs 4x S1's (which even OC'd would fall short of AM's advertised hashrate) would be $58.40 per month (BTC0.11).  The cost would be made up in just over two months.  More importantly, and the difference for me -also having practically free power for all intent and purpose- is that I can put twice the amount of miners on my circuit, since that is currently my limiting factor.  Don't forget, the residual value of S1's is about to become practically nothing, these will retain some value for future re-selling and upgrading.

Everyone's situation is different. I signed up for 2 of these, and am interested in seeing how they perform.  I hope the bugs get ironed out soon, especially for pool compatibility.  I'd hate to see all of these units pointed at Ghash.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Did you do below as described on page 1 of this thread? I think it is the latest but FC could verify.

After connecting the ethernet controller to hashing units, you can
type 192.168.0.254:8000/FlashMega on your web browser to update to the
newest firmware on each hashing unit (no internet connection is needed).
legendary

Pages:
Jump to: