Pages:
Author

Topic: Block Erupter Tube Sales Information Thread [Round4, Price at <1btc per TH/s] - page 20. (Read 88157 times)

Activity: 379
Merit: 250
Well got 3 up configured and mining over night here are the numbers. I have 1 x 1300 G2 EVGA connected to each tube, they draw 945-960 watts @ shipped 270 Mhz clock. I attempted to power 3 tubes with 2 1300W PSUs, epic fail..  wall pull rose above 1500W per leg before I shut it down. So these will need a 1000W continuous draw PSU each. Secondly Heat is outrageous I do not have a laser, but these are pushing 2-3 times the heat the S3 are (more chips so that makes sense).

Over all MEH, "800GH/s" @ 940W, .97083 BTC + 190 -PSU = "$685" or  $0.86/GH. IMHO S3's are better built, designed, and MUCH more efficient for the home user. Once I get these into the DC I will give my opinion of them in that environment. I am thinking a 1000+ cfm elec. radiator fan mounted to 4 of these to get the temps down.

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
Where can i order this miners ?

Canaryinthemine has a group buy for these right now and probably shipping this week...check under group buys

here you go

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/asicminer-tube-group-buy-2-735982
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

Canaryinthemine has a group buy for these right now and probably shipping this week...check under group buys
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
This might be a total newbie question, but do I need to jump 2 pins on the atx connector of my PSUs to get this going?
yes, black and green (the black where 3 blacks are next to each other).
Activity: 419
This might be a total newbie question, but do I need to jump 2 pins on the atx connector of my PSUs to get this going?
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
I would like to emphasize that ,from Round 2 we will sell full-assembled devices mainly ,and it can be even cheaper for big order (100 devices +)  ,please all potential big buyers contact me directly for further info. Grin

here is a testing thread about our Tube

http://bbs.btcman.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=20266

Its in chinese but some pictures may be interesting and informative. Wink

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

Maybe I am just a redneck, but I have used my Dewalt 18v drill, with the torque on the lowest setting, on nearly every piece of hardware I have.

And it's faster to boot!
Activity: 857
Merit: 1000
Anger is a gift.
Well I guess I will not bother to get one of these then unless the price drops by quite a bit... 1.04BTC for under 800GH at what 900 watts?  Even with free power it is not worth all the effort  Undecided

Yeah, never thought buying a heavy duty power screw driver would be a 'hidden cost'

I used hand screw driver. Why use electric did not take too long to build 20 minutes, maybe 30 on your first go.

A strong, decent and light electric screwdriver costs $50 for example. It saves you 15 per build. At $40/hr (depends how you value your time, you save $10 per build.

Afterwards, you still have a $50 electric screwdriver.

Maybe I am just a redneck, but I have used my Dewalt 18v drill, with the torque on the lowest setting, on nearly every piece of hardware I have.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
Well I guess I will not bother to get one of these then unless the price drops by quite a bit... 1.04BTC for under 800GH at what 900 watts?  Even with free power it is not worth all the effort  Undecided

Yeah, never thought buying a heavy duty power screw driver would be a 'hidden cost'

I used hand screw driver. Why use electric did not take too long to build 20 minutes, maybe 30 on your first go.

A strong, decent and light electric screwdriver costs $50 for example. It saves you 15 per build. At $40/hr (depends how you value your time, you save $10 per build.

Afterwards, you still have a $50 electric screwdriver.
Well I guess I will not bother to get one of these then unless the price drops by quite a bit... 1.04BTC for under 800GH at what 900 watts?  Even with free power it is not worth all the effort  Undecided

I used hand screw driver. Why use electric did not take too long to build 20 minutes, maybe 30 on your first go.  Undecided

New stats after moving fans...

legendary
Well I guess I will not bother to get one of these then unless the price drops by quite a bit... 1.04BTC for under 800GH at what 900 watts?  Even with free power it is not worth all the effort  Undecided

$0.65/GH, what else are you buying at that price 0_O

I do not look at $ per GH since I pay in BTC only.  Break even with free power is 110 days (if I am lucky and diff stays low) + they look like a pain to assemble.  So far I have seen a few people with these and they all have issues so far.  I have been buying used gear for better prices S1's / KnC / FailFast etc.. I do not really care about power usage.  I will wait and see how many in Canary's group buy have similar issues I suppose before passing final judgement.    
Activity: 841
Merit: 608

legendary
dogiecoin.com

$0.65/GH, what else are you buying at that price 0_O
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Well they Finally made it...  ALMOST!  DHL lost the 2 boxes with the hash cards in them, really??  Anyway they were located and "should" arrive this evening. Check that I get the pleasure of going and picking them up. Hey Dogie is that part of the Bulk discount experience?

Thats DHL being stupid ^_^

Lets calm down guys. My retail kit will be arriving on Thursday so I'll get a proper step by step guide up with proper pictures, and see if there isn't a way we can speed up those screws. I've ordered a 300g handheld electric screwdriver and I'll see how much faster it is than a good manual to see if its worth others buying. I don't think the normal 2kg electrics aren't going to cut it for something like this.
legendary
If you don't mind can you let us know if it gets better or worse? Also I noticed you're clocked at 270... That's overclocked right? Just wondering.

Negative... 270 is shipped clock

I moved around some room fans and I am seeing some improvements, the chips that were pwr down are back. These things are HOT!!! I have almost branded myself twice grabbing the rear handle (away from fan) to adjust position. Lab temp has risen 5C since booting, I will NOT be OC'ing these things in the lab, moving to DC soon..

I can not stress how hot these are on the exhaust side or side opposite the fan.

Activity: 419
So you do have 1 hashing now?  What sort of stats are you getting?

Not too good 3 chips errors on 2 boards...

If you don't mind can you let us know if it gets better or worse? Also I noticed you're clocked at 270... That's overclocked right? Just wondering.
So you do have 1 hashing now?  What sort of stats are you getting?

Not too good 3 chips errors on 2 boards...
Pages:
Jump to: