Pages:
Author

Topic: Block Erupter Tube Sales Information Thread [Round4, Price at <1btc per TH/s] - page 4. (Read 88157 times)

Activity: 650
Merit: 500
Pick and place? I need more coffee.
Check your cooling and power.  These tubes are VERY sensitive to this. in my opinion one fan is insufficient. Also try 260Mhz.  Can actually be faster that 270 if you have iffy

chips.

These tubes need a solid 225-250w of clean power per board to be trouble free.
Activity: 379
Merit: 250
Maybe.  I know I had some chips the "misbehaved" until I updated.  Can't hurt.  Check the frequency also.  One of my tubes had a blade that chips would disappear on.

Had to clock that one at 260 to get all of them working.  And keep it super cool (2 fans).

after updating my board cards listed as board 11 dead. what could be?

I have had the same thing happen, board just stopped working. PM'd FC & PB and was told to ship back @ +$100 for shipping back to China not really cost effective (.16BTC --> $125 + $100 for RMA == $225 for 180-220GH/s) I just added the $100 to buy a S3 from BitMainTech. The lack of RMA support in the industry leaves MUCH to be desired, Bitmain used to be the NO-Brainer, but since their sale there has been a shift.
I bought 40 boards from FC/PB of that 2 have shit-the-bed, 1 or them burned up. I presented the damage and was shipped a new board +100. #2 bed shitter did not burn-up (no visible damage), but like you just stopped showing up for work. I was told to ship back to receive new board, ugh.. -1000. AM needs a US & EURO dealer else no way they will be able to support 30PH a month sales.

I for one am NOT buying anymore chinese boards w/out FREE RMA process. FYI @ these BTC prices 5% is all that's left, so either STOP selling every GD BTC you get and HEY invest in the f'ing market you are profiting from or enjoy your noodles too.
Activity: 419
Maybe.  I know I had some chips the "misbehaved" until I updated.  Can't hurt.  Check the frequency also.  One of my tubes had a blade that chips would disappear on.

Had to clock that one at 260 to get all of them working.  And keep it super cool (2 fans).

My uneducated guess is bad chips. Send to your seller for an RMA.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0

http://i.imgur.com/Bk5PROdl.png
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
Unfortunatly teek is way to expansive! I prefer buy from US and paid the shipping.

I already bough S1, S2 and Zeus. I always paid less from the us than from WTCR.

Anyone?  Grin
WTCR is a rip off for sure! I'm local and got burned in the past with their predatory pricing. All my gear since then has been imported.

Predatory pricing (also undercutting) is a pricing strategy where a product or service is set at a very low price, intending to drive competitors out of the market, or create barriers to entry for potential new competitors.  Yet you're saying it's cheaper to import?  Is it more expensive due to Canadian taxes then?
Activity: 728
Unfortunatly teek is way to expansive! I prefer buy from US and paid the shipping.

Anyone?  Grin
WTCR is a rip off for sure! I'm local and got burned in the past with their predatory pricing. All my gear since then has been imported.

and takes a lot to make the upgrade to the boards? I did about 20 minutes ago and is still the same version

http://i.imgur.com/XrzUd8x.jpg

Looks like you have old firmware, type in:  192.168.1.223:8000/Flashmega to update it.  Current version is 1.41 or 1.53

and you think that's the cause of the card 11 is stopped?
Looks like you have old firmware, type in:  192.168.1.223:8000/Flashmega to update it.  Current version is 1.41 or 1.53
Good afternoon , someone will have idea about what may be going to the board 11 which stopped working from one moment to another and that was 4 days ago

http://i.imgur.com/65NighUl.png?1    http://i.imgur.com/s6TxPAsl.png?1
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

Anyone?  Grin
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
Wondering where I can find someone to sell me 1 tube and ship it to Canada?

PM me please! Thanks  Grin
Look up Teek he is the man in Canada.  Next to Sydney Crosby that is...
WTRC.ca I believe.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
Wondering where I can find someone to sell me 1 tube and ship it to Canada?

PM me please! Thanks  Grin
In an unexpected but most welcome move, the driver for these was submitted to cgminer. I've reviewed their driver and suggested some changes which they've already resubmitted so the driver is now part of mainline cgminer and will be in the next release due out today.

What device do we need to interface? The usb-PIC cable?
I have no idea. I just reviewed the code and helped the code merge so I don't know what they anticipate cgminer will run on to run these devices since I don't own one.

I volunteer as tribute.... To test... If you need it. But I don't have the usb-pic adapter. Happy to buy one if it's like $10 or something. I'd welcome the chance to move off bfgminer proxy especially given recent developments.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
In an unexpected but most welcome move, the driver for these was submitted to cgminer. I've reviewed their driver and suggested some changes which they've already resubmitted so the driver is now part of mainline cgminer and will be in the next release due out today.

I have no idea. I just reviewed the code and helped the code merge so I don't know what they anticipate cgminer will run on to run these devices since I don't own one.

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Activity: 17
I've been round and round with my 2 tubes trying to hash at Eligius.  Tons of disconnects at the controller.  BFGMiner4.7 keeps popping "Error from buffer event".  Sometimes it will continue working with out a hard reset.  Has anybody else been experiencing the same problem?   There is an ISP programming connector on the controller. I'm wondering if anyone has tried to connect to it serially with a usb to serial adapter?  Its probably a terminal  connection.  Oops there it goes again, gotta go reset them.

As I understand it the prisma comes with a USB CP2102 based serial adapter.  Asicminer/Friedcat has released a tube/prisma specific version of Cgminer that works with

this.  I have been trying myself to modify some old block erupters into serial adapters.  I used Eligius for a long time but got so fed-up with the controller and Bfgminer

as a proxy disconnecting that I switched to Ghash.io.  Maybe the Cgminer version will allow me to hash at Eligius again!

I'm on ghash.io for the first time.  OMG it sucks.  I lost 200gh/s avg. somehow. All antminers and the tubes are hashing at the same old rate.  I think I will leave the tubes on ghash and move ants back to eligius.

I think I have a jack at work that will fit the network controller.  I'm not sure what the transmit/receive pinout are.  Hopefully my usb adapter will auto-negotiate the baud rates when I get it right.  I don't want to let the smoke out of the controller, I'm kind of nervous.  Are PIC's 3v or 5v devices?  I'll start at 3v just to be safe. 

I've been round and round with my 2 tubes trying to hash at Eligius.  Tons of disconnects at the controller.  BFGMiner4.7 keeps popping "Error from buffer event".  Sometimes it will continue working with out a hard reset.  Has anybody else been experiencing the same problem?   There is an ISP programming connector on the controller. I'm wondering if anyone has tried to connect to it serially with a usb to serial adapter?  Its probably a terminal  connection.  Oops there it goes again, gotta go reset them.

As I understand it the prisma comes with a USB CP2102 based serial adapter.  Asicminer/Friedcat has released a tube/prisma specific version of Cgminer that works with

this.  I have been trying myself to modify some old block erupters into serial adapters.  I used Eligius for a long time but got so fed-up with the controller and Bfgminer

as a proxy disconnecting that I switched to Ghash.io.  Maybe the Cgminer version will allow me to hash at Eligius again!
Pages:
Jump to: