Pages:
Author

Topic: Block Erupter Tube Sales Information Thread [Round4, Price at <1btc per TH/s] - page 6. (Read 88157 times)

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
+100 @ philipma1957

I turned handles "outward" and added a fan, FINALLY got these Tubes to stop with the thermal runaway. Also +1 @ friedcat "they" handled the RMA on my burned up board, no additional costs.

Grin

Gee, I can't see why you guys are having any thermal issues at stock clock speeds. My 3 have been running continuously at 2.4T in the quite warm (90F+) mining area of my basement. With 1 fan, though the handles are pointing outwards. I hate to mention this, I'm only trying to help, but you guys are peeling the plastic from both sides of the thermal pads before use???  Embarrassed

I had to ask since my three have been amazingly reliable and robust so far...
The air coming out the center is as hot as a BIG blow dryer, and the chips are too hot to touch, so I'm wondering about longevity, but as long as they hash for six months I'm fine. Wink

I remember a discussion about the fan arrangement and whether it should push or pull air through the tube.  I set mine up to push since I didn't want the fan and it's bearings to heat up because I thought that would cause flow issues.  I have had no problems with the stock fan in a push config at clock of 280 and my 2 tubes are getting 1.7 T more like 1.68 T.

I've got 2 with fans arranged as pull, clocked @ 290 Mhz in a quite warm 32*C+ basement with a bunch of other miners.  Getting the same speed as you on average, going to try 280 see if I get any better.

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
+100 @ philipma1957

I turned handles "outward" and added a fan, FINALLY got these Tubes to stop with the thermal runaway. Also +1 @ friedcat "they" handled the RMA on my burned up board, no additional costs.

Grin

Gee, I can't see why you guys are having any thermal issues at stock clock speeds. My 3 have been running continuously at 2.4T in the quite warm (90F+) mining area of my basement. With 1 fan, though the handles are pointing outwards. I hate to mention this, I'm only trying to help, but you guys are peeling the plastic from both sides of the thermal pads before use???  Embarrassed

The air coming out the center is as hot as a BIG blow dryer, and the chips are too hot to touch, so I'm wondering about longevity, but as long as they hash for six months I'm fine. Wink

I remember a discussion about the fan arrangement and whether it should push or pull air through the tube.  I set mine up to push since I didn't want the fan and it's bearings to heat up because I thought that would cause flow issues.  I have had no problems with the stock fan in a push config at clock of 280 and my 2 tubes are getting 1.7 T more like 1.68 T.

Activity: 69
Merit: 10
+100 @ philipma1957

Grin

Gee, I can't see why you guys are having any thermal issues at stock clock speeds. My 3 have been running continuously at 2.4T in the quite warm (90F+) mining area of my basement. With 1 fan, though the handles are pointing outwards. I hate to mention this, I'm only trying to help, but you guys are peeling the plastic from both sides of the thermal pads before use???  Embarrassed

Activity: 650
Merit: 500
Pick and place? I need more coffee.
+100 @ philipma1957

Grin

How did you get an RMA?  I purchased through Canaryinthemines's GB and can't get a response from him.  Did you E-mail [email protected]?

It has been 2 days and not a peep from anyone. Undecided
Activity: 379
Merit: 250
+100 @ philipma1957

Grin
donator
Activity: 714
Merit: 510
Preaching the gospel of Satoshi
Brief

A full device consists of:

4 hashing units
4 thermal pads (optional, on demand)
1 to 1/8 ethernet controller (multiple devices can share one controller)
1 cooling kit
1 fan

Contacts
Bitcointalk ID: phasebird
Email: [email protected]
Customer service: [email protected]

Ok, sorry if any: can I buy one (or two) such "full devices"? Is controller included in package or I should order it separately?

The website is in Chinese a half, how can I use it for ordering?..

For small orders you must buy through an authorized reseller.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
Brief

A full device consists of:

4 hashing units
4 thermal pads (optional, on demand)
1 to 1/8 ethernet controller (multiple devices can share one controller)
1 cooling kit
1 fan

Contacts

Ok, sorry if any: can I buy one (or two) such "full devices"? Is controller included in package or I should order it separately?

The website is in Chinese a half, how can I use it for ordering?..
Activity: 644
Inspired
AM can find a reseller to stock parts.
C.mon now.
That's silly to ship everything back to China.
Activity: 650
Pick and place? I need more coffee.
I have a board with one burnt out (popped) chip.  Would Friedcat/Asicminer be willing to ship me bare chips to cover an RMA.  I can replace the

bad chip myself.  This would be much cheaper to ship I think.
Activity: 644
Inspired
Do NOT forget..  When these boards burn up, it will cost $100+ to ship back to Hong Kong from USA for RMA. This deal keeps getting better... Angry
I think AM has a US reseller that handles RMA's
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
Is shipping from Europe,USA or from China?

CN

NO way buying from China. My customs will rape me. They need to open store in UK.

.... You'll pay the VAT one way or another. If you buy from the UK, the price will start 20% higher. I'm not sure what magical unicorn scam network you think exists that you can buy from which will allow you not to pay the required taxes.

+! This, someone has to pay the VAT somewhere along the line, either the reseller or the importer.
legendary
how can we order ? only from that semi english/chinese site ?

are you in the usa? there is a usa seller or two.

Ma indoiesc ca este in Statele Unite.  Cred ca locuieste in Romania pentru ca este in legatura cu Forumul Bitcoin-Romania.
legendary
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8515
'The right to privacy matters'

are you in the usa? there is a usa seller or two.
legendary

CN

NO way buying from China. My customs will rape me. They need to open store in UK.

OR you could move to the USA.  You might save enough taxes to buy a nice little house there too depending on the number of tubes you order.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com

CN

.... You'll pay the VAT one way or another. If you buy from the UK, the price will start 20% higher. I'm not sure what magical unicorn scam network you think exists that you can buy from which will allow you not to pay the required taxes.
Activity: 614
Merit: 254

CN

legendary
dogiecoin.com

Purchasing Procedure
1. Contact customer service via forum, email, IM or phone.
2. Fill the order details in the form provided by the customer service. (name/address/zip code/phone/email)
3. Pay according to the Bitcoin address given by the customer service.
4. Check for the tracking number when we start shipping.
5. Ask for refunds starting from 6th September if the tracking number has not been generated at that time.

Please make sure you own the private key of your Bitcoin wallet used for payment. It will make refunding much easier.

Contacts
Customer service QQ IM ID: 1327503207 (overseas)
                                      120045458 & 1327573930 (mainland China)

Please contact only the the methods above. We have not got facebook, linkedin, skype, or any IM groups yet. Beware!
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Activity: 614
Merit: 254
Pages:
Jump to: