Pages:
Author

Topic: Block Erupter Tube Sales Information Thread [Round4, Price at <1btc per TH/s] - page 5. (Read 88157 times)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
I've been round and round with my 2 tubes trying to hash at Eligius.  Tons of disconnects at the controller.  BFGMiner4.7 keeps popping "Error from buffer event".  Sometimes it will continue working with out a hard reset.  Has anybody else been experiencing the same problem?   There is an ISP programming connector on the controller. I'm wondering if anyone has tried to connect to it serially with a usb to serial adapter?  Its probably a terminal  connection.  Oops there it goes again, gotta go reset them.
Activity: 15
Working the tube miner hard at 300MHz results are great, ambient at 16 and 1250w power and the powerdraw from the wall is 1000 W

Chip temps measured at 45C

How are you measuring temps?

I am measuring with a laser temperature meter, errormargin of +/- 0,05C.

Now do I dear go for 310 MHz? Can the power regulators, capacitors etc. take it?

Be careful these boards will burn up. Less then a month in and I have had 2 smoke caps (@ 270), hoping to here from CS on another RMA once the holiday is over. Contacted last week, nothing but crickets since...

OK, I have them on my balcony ambient now at 10~12C. So I do not dear to go over 300MHz...
Activity: 379
Merit: 250
Working the tube miner hard at 300MHz results are great, ambient at 16 and 1250w power and the powerdraw from the wall is 1000 W

Now do I dear go for 310 MHz? Can the power regulators, capacitors etc. take it?

Be careful these boards will burn up. Less then a month in and I have had 2 smoke caps (@ 270), hoping to here from CS on another RMA once the holiday is over. Contacted last week, nothing but crickets since...

Activity: 419

http://i60.tinypic.com/zwh8j.jpg

Have anyone clocked it to 300? and what are the hw errors at that rate?

Hw won't change much @300 if you're getting those results @290.

Ok, I'll try and report back tomorrow Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com

Hw won't change much @300 if you're getting those results @290.

0.9J/GH = 0.9W/GH/s
850GH/s * 0.9W/GH/s = 765W

So...

I got my tube and put a 105A 1250w powersupply to it, with individual cables to every pci power connector (total of 8 cables). Ambient @ 16c and the results so far at 290MHz has been very promising as seen in the picture, also I have push - pull fan configuration...

http://i61.tinypic.com/muwsvb.jpg

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
we have occupied 2 Ad-slots for this Round and will keep them if we could. However ,in long term,I am thinking to change our slots weekly with different styles ,anyone be good at CSS and design is welcome to contact me through PM or email me to [email protected] (paid for sure) ,so that we can select/try several styles every week every slot.
I don't think I've seen an AM ad yet maybe I'm just overlooking them or they aren't flashy enough for me
Activity: 47
we have occupied 2 Ad-slots for this Round and will keep them if we could. However ,in long term,I am thinking to change our slots weekly with different styles ,anyone be good at CSS and design is welcome to contact me through PM or email me to [email protected] (paid for sure) ,so that we can select/try several styles every week every slot.
@ friedcat and rest of the team...

Have you given any thought to possibly selling upgrade kits when we move beyond the BE200?

What I mean is, shouldn't it be possible for the next generation of chips to design boards with the same form factor so we can all reuse our nice, tube-shaped heatsink?

Just an idea I had... I know it's something I'd be interested when/if my tubes are no longer profitable. Should save on manufacturing and shipping. And I guess it's eco-friendly too (reduce, reuse, recycle.... In this case, reuse!).

of course its possible - look at how sales were done this time with each component being priced individually. Shouldnt be any rason not to build a compatible BE300 PCB

well of course it's possible. Just wondering if friedcat/ASICMiner/BlockErupter/whoever has given it real consideration.
legendary
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8515
'The right to privacy matters'
dogie

likes the corsair rm1000 for this unit.

I like the evga 1300 for this unit.

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-80PLUS-Gold-Certified-Power-Supply/dp/B00EB7UIZU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411705089&sr=8-1&keywords=corsair+rm1000

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-SuperNOVA-1300G2-ATX12V-120-G2-1300-XR/dp/B00COIZTZM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411705140&sr=8-1&keywords=evga+1300

if you find the seasonic 1200 plat cheap it is better but it usually costs a fortune.

http://www.amazon.com/SeaSonic-ATX12V-Platinum-PLATINUM-1200-SS-1200XP3/dp/B00JG5LSN8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411705284&sr=8-1&keywords=seasonic+1200+platinum

If I did not have them on hand I would buy the rm1000 and run it at freq 260 unless I could keep the room very cold for free

I found  room temps eat hash power with this gear.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
What is the power supply requirements for one 800GH/s tube? is 85A enough (1000w, 80+ PSU), or do I need more and how much?

Spec
Hashrate: 200-215GH/s per hashing unit in normal mode, 800-850GH/s per full set.

Power consumption: ~0.9 J/GH board-wise. Gets higher along with
ambient temperature. On-wall power consumption relies on PSU efficiency.

0.9J/GH = 0.9W/GH/s

However, Dogie recommends:
Power.Consumption~900W, 1025W (OC)

See also [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive HashRatio Tsunami Setup [HD] :: Powering for some PSU suggestions and powering details, and some tidbits about overclocking.
(you can also search this thread for 'overclock' to read just the posts that mention 'overclock' - just use the search field in the top right while browsing this thread)

Its certainly not 765W, not on my 4 units anyway. Power draw is most likely 825W pre PSU for most people, and @ 300 it will be about 925W pre. I always recommend the
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
What is the power supply requirements for one 800GH/s tube? is 85A enough (1000w, 80+ PSU), or do I need more and how much?

Spec
Hashrate: 200-215GH/s per hashing unit in normal mode, 800-850GH/s per full set.

0.9J/GH = 0.9W/GH/s

See also [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive HashRatio Tsunami Setup [HD] :: Powering for some PSU suggestions and powering details, and some tidbits about overclocking.
(you can also search this thread for 'overclock' to read just the posts that mention 'overclock' - just use the search field in the top right while browsing this thread)

I would at least use 1000 watt for one of these (more like 1200 watt PSU). The "850GH/s * 0.9W/GH/s = 765W" is not real world usage... more like 900+ watts at the wall.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI

Spec

0.9J/GH = 0.9W/GH/s

I tried to find this out by searching the forum but didint.

How bout overclocking, how sensible is the device to HW errors and temp?
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe

Have you given any thought to possibly selling upgrade kits when we move beyond the BE200?

What I mean is, shouldn't it be possible for the next generation of chips to design boards with the same form factor so we can all reuse our nice, tube-shaped heatsink?

Just an idea I had... I know it's something I'd be interested when/if my tubes are no longer profitable. Should save on manufacturing and shipping. And I guess it's eco-friendly too (reduce, reuse, recycle.... In this case, reuse!).

of course its possible - look at how sales were done this time with each component being priced individually. Shouldnt be any rason not to build a compatible BE300 PCB

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
+100 @ philipma1957

I turned handles "outward" and added a fan, FINALLY got these Tubes to stop with the thermal runaway. Also +1 @ friedcat "they" handled the RMA on my burned up board, no additional costs.

Grin

Gee, I can't see why you guys are having any thermal issues at stock clock speeds. My 3 have been running continuously at 2.4T in the quite warm (90F+) mining area of my basement. With 1 fan, though the handles are pointing outwards. I hate to mention this, I'm only trying to help, but you guys are peeling the plastic from both sides of the thermal pads before use???  Embarrassed

I had to ask since my three have been amazingly reliable and robust so far...
The air coming out the center is as hot as a BIG blow dryer, and the chips are too hot to touch, so I'm wondering about longevity, but as long as they hash for six months I'm fine. Wink

I remember a discussion about the fan arrangement and whether it should push or pull air through the tube.  I set mine up to push since I didn't want the fan and it's bearings to heat up because I thought that would cause flow issues.  I have had no problems with the stock fan in a push config at clock of 280 and my 2 tubes are getting 1.7 T more like 1.68 T.

I've got 2 with fans arranged as pull, clocked @ 290 Mhz in a quite warm 32*C+ basement with a bunch of other miners.  Getting the same speed as you on average, going to try 280 see if I get any better.

You're running in a lot warmer environment that I.
One of these in in my basement ~23C and one upstairs ~ 25C

Pages:
Jump to: