Pages:
Author

Topic: Blue Fury Support Thread. - page 13. (Read 89537 times)

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
November 21, 2013, 10:15:35 PM
Can someone tell me what settings I need in cgminer for windows for blues and to dissable gpu mining and only have blues working thx.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
November 21, 2013, 08:32:16 PM
Now the BF1 is only hashing at 0.29GH/S instead of 2.2GH/s... what do I do?
November 21, 2013, 06:57:54 PM
Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed opps

Is COM11 the Fury? Do you have a VM this USB support turned on? that is still an indication that some other process has reserved COM11 for it's own use.

I some how changed ti to COM16 and I still get the same error, this is pretty depressing, I paid alot of money for this. Perhaps I need a new driver where can I download the latest driver for it? If that is not the problem PLEASE help me fix it.

Just be sure your windows user has admin privileges. Or run bfgminer v.3.6.0 or above as the admin user.
This does not work. All the lights on my block erupters go off when they go into operation but the redfury's light stays on and it is not working..

There's no doubt that dealing with these Blue Furies is time consuming at first, but you're going to have to deal with that if you want to get them working. It will happen, you just have to go through everything and double-check it, try new things, each persons system and set up is different so keep trying and don't forget that sometimes you need to pull out the Furies from the usb hub between attempts at running bfgminer as if you don't, sometimes your Furies won't be recognised.

There's now 32 pages of good info on this support page and a whole range of solutions have been proposed and refined by commentators. I'd obviously suggest that you read the whole thread to see the evolution of how things have unfolded and what mistakes not to make but if you're in a hurry, have a look at my post on page 14 of this thread as it details ways to get both the Blue Furies and Block Erupters working side by side. There's other comments pertinent to the matter after my post, like not requiring the Icarus string in the second instance of bfgminer that you run, so take a look and keep going, it is a pain, but it will happen.

Good luck.

Smiley

This worked, thanks very much. I really appreciate it.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Are you like these guys?
November 21, 2013, 06:48:16 PM

Is COM11 the Fury? Do you have a VM this USB support turned on? that is still an indication that some other process has reserved COM11 for it's own use.

I some how changed ti to COM16 and I still get the same error, this is pretty depressing, I paid alot of money for this. Perhaps I need a new driver where can I download the latest driver for it? If that is not the problem PLEASE help me fix it.

Just be sure your windows user has admin privileges. Or run bfgminer v.3.6.0 or above as the admin user.
This does not work. All the lights on my block erupters go off when they go into operation but the redfury's light stays on and it is not working..

There's no doubt that dealing with these Blue Furies is time consuming at first, but you're going to have to deal with that if you want to get them working. It will happen, you just have to go through everything and double-check it, try new things, each persons system and set up is different so keep trying and don't forget that sometimes you need to pull out the Furies from the usb hub between attempts at running bfgminer as if you don't, sometimes your Furies won't be recognised.

There's now 32 pages of good info on this support page and a whole range of solutions have been proposed and refined by commentators. I'd obviously suggest that you read the whole thread to see the evolution of how things have unfolded and what mistakes not to make but if you're in a hurry, have a look at my post on page 14 of this thread as it details ways to get both the Blue Furies and Block Erupters working side by side. There's other comments pertinent to the matter after my post, like not requiring the Icarus string in the second instance of bfgminer that you run, so take a look and keep going, it is a pain, but it will happen.

Good luck.

Smiley

November 21, 2013, 06:32:53 PM

November 21, 2013, 02:24:00 PM

legendary
Activity: 1470
Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card
November 21, 2013, 02:03:37 PM

November 21, 2013, 01:44:40 PM
I am using Windows 7 and using bfgminer and I keep getting this error for the bitfury http://gyazo.com/424e00542ee3f10b2dbc6fa4631f9306

It's not a problem. COM1 is resreved by the system for something else. S xx:All tries to send data on all com ports but was refused on COM1.

You could run BFGMiner as admin you would not get error but might mess up whatever is on COM1 when it send scan data on it.

Best to leave it alone.
It says COM11 not COM 1.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card
November 21, 2013, 01:41:25 PM
I am using Windows 7 and using bfgminer and I keep getting this error for the bitfury http://gyazo.com/424e00542ee3f10b2dbc6fa4631f9306

It's not a problem. COM1 is resreved by the system for something else. S xx:All tries to send data on all com ports but was refused on COM1.

You could run BFGMiner as admin you would not get error but might mess up whatever is on COM1 when it send scan data on it.

Best to leave it alone.
November 21, 2013, 01:32:29 PM
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
November 21, 2013, 12:02:01 PM
Was wondering, since this thread also pertains to the Red Fury miners, why not edit the title? So that people who have the Red Fury can easily look for the thread. Just a thought Smiley
Activity: 28
November 21, 2013, 07:59:16 AM
Got one of the USB power meters today, Measured the current draw on the USB port.

Before Pencil Mod
0.42A draw
After running for 40 mins
 BPM 4:       |  2.45/ 2.45/ 2.44Gh/s | A:168 R:0+0(none) HW: 61/4.3%

After Pencil Mod
0.848Kohms
0.71A draw
After running for 30 mins
 BPM 3:       |  3.03/ 3.04/ 3.02Gh/s | A:185 R:1+0(.54%) HW: 94/6.8%

BFGMiner 3.6.0
Orico USB 3 hub
PortaPow USB Power Monitor
   http://www.ebay.com/itm/221242144139?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
Activity: 616
November 21, 2013, 06:29:46 AM
Anyone else noticed that sometimes the LED's on the Blues just blink red on and off but sometimes they light up alternate yellow > orange > red and don't blink at all?

It doesn't make any difference to the hashing speed, just wondered why this was

I know in BGFMiner you can toggle an identify switch, which switches the miner from showing the yellow LED on or off, personally i prefer it off with a red flash for accepted work.

Where can I access the toggle?
In bfgminer (just tried on ver 3.6.0) type 'M' (case doesn't matter, for 'manage'), move the up/down arrows to highlight the device that you want to identify, type 'I' (or 'i'), this will toggle the LED pattern.
When finished, just press the 'Enter' enter key.

Cheers
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
November 21, 2013, 06:00:08 AM
Is a certain amount of hardware error acceptable? What actually happens when there is a hardware error? I'm using CGminer 3.8.2 on a Win 7 PC. All miners are directly connected to a USB port not using a hub. This is what I'm getting, speed don't seem to be that great too.  Cry
That's by design in these chips. An error rate around 10% is to be expected. I can make it read zero artificially in cgminer if you like...

The best unmodified hashrate on these devices you can expect is 2.3GH on some of them. Most are in the 2-2.2GH rate until they're modded.
Activity: 19
November 21, 2013, 02:04:03 AM
Is a certain amount of hardware error acceptable? What actually happens when there is a hardware error? I'm using CGminer 3.8.2 on a Win 7 PC. All miners are directly connected to a USB port not using a hub. This is what I'm getting, speed don't seem to be that great too.  Cry

http://i.imgur.com/R0Eb8gc.jpg
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
November 20, 2013, 11:13:01 PM
Just pencil-modded mine to about 0.85 MOhm getting 2.99 Ghps each.
Both sit in front of a big 120mm fan.

Is this okay or should I go lower in terms of Ghps?

Do you think this fan:
http://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-USB-Powered-Portable-Cooling-Solution/dp/B003XN24GY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385003433&sr=8-1&keywords=usb+arctic+fan

Would be enough to keep them cool with the pencil mod?
November 20, 2013, 10:54:39 PM
Anyone else noticed that sometimes the LED's on the Blues just blink red on and off but sometimes they light up alternate yellow > orange > red and don't blink at all?

I know in BGFMiner you can toggle an identify switch, which switches the miner from showing the yellow LED on or off, personally i prefer it off with a red flash for accepted work.

Code:
[M]anage device
up/down arrows to the device in question
[I]dentify

this will toggle the light red to orange or vice versa

Thanks Taugeran! Seems like there are only two options on the Red Fury, red only or red and yellow indicators.
Activity: 658
CCNA: There i fixed the internet.
November 20, 2013, 09:39:19 PM

Code:
[M]anage device
up/down arrows to the device in question
[I]dentify

this will toggle the light red to orange or vice versa

November 20, 2013, 07:02:51 PM

Pages:
Jump to: