Pages:
Author

Topic: [Boxing] Canelo Alvarez vs Jermell Charlo - September 30th in Las Vegas - page 5. (Read 914 times)

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
Here is the Los Angeles face-off between the two fighters, this is mega fight so it's going to be big fight,

So two undisputed boxers here, Charlo says that he will beat Canelo, so we will see. Hype has started already for this superfight.

I cannot wait for this fight to happen. I still believe that Canelo will return to his old beast form since he is more motivated to train harder against a fellow undisputed. Charlo may possess the skills and power that enabled him to become undisputed at 154 but he is moving up 2 divisions north. Canelo will be too big come fight night and he will continue to march forward to get a stoppage. And Jermell does not have enough power to make Canelo reluctant to come forward.

After this fight, Jermell said he will return to 154 and defend his remaining 3 belts against Terrence Crawford. Win or lose to Canelo I'm still doubtful about his plan of dropping back in weight. If he gets KO'd by Canelo then Bud will also demolish him at 154.

Yes, and we have seen boxers like Roy Jones Jr, who went as high as HW division to win a belt and then go back to 168 - 175 lbs and he wasn't the same anymore. And this could happen to Charlo as well, win or lose if he cuts back to 2 weight class down after fighting as high as 168 lbs, could have a devastating effect on his body.

But of course, we want him and Crawford at 154 lbs and there has been a lot of trash talking between this two party at the Spence vs Crawford fight. So it's going to be exciting for Charlo to lay down his 3 belts against Bud.
Activity: 1778
Merit: 598
The Martian Child
Here is the Los Angeles face-off between the two fighters, this is mega fight so it's going to be big fight,

So two undisputed boxers here, Charlo says that he will beat Canelo, so we will see. Hype has started already for this superfight.

I cannot wait for this fight to happen. I still believe that Canelo will return to his old beast form since he is more motivated to train harder against a fellow undisputed. Charlo may possess the skills and power that enabled him to become undisputed at 154 but he is moving up 2 divisions north. Canelo will be too big come fight night and he will continue to march forward to get a stoppage. And Jermell does not have enough power to make Canelo reluctant to come forward.

After this fight, Jermell said he will return to 154 and defend his remaining 3 belts against Terrence Crawford. Win or lose to Canelo I'm still doubtful about his plan of dropping back in weight. If he gets KO'd by Canelo then Bud will also demolish him at 154.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 544
^^ Very interesting that Jermell Charlo is not doing any trash talking in this fight? Or he doesn't want to get himself into the skin of Canelo? Make his mad and then suffer what others had in the ring before him, like Caleb Plant who trash talk Canelo and then he got knock out.

So it's really a change of atmosphere for him. But let's see, as I have said, both teams are very respectful to each other, maybe it's the language barrier or what. But it's good to see that this fight is going to happen, 2 undisputed boxers, MW and SW.

There are only two reasons I see why Jermell Charlo is not saying something against Canelo Alvarez, first is because he respects Canelo because of what he have achieved in the boxing industry and also became a pound for pound king. But I personally don't really see that reason because he can even throw some trashtalk to Crawford who recently became the first boxer to attain two undisputed titles in two separate divisions and Charlo doesn't even bother to talk back.

Or maybe it's the second, where he doesn't want to make Canelo angry because he might regret his decision later on because his win on their upcoming bout isn't even decent enough to consider that he can really afford to upset Canelo in his own comfortable division.

It could be the brain of Derick James not to engage Canelo and his team, not trash talk and respect just like what James put into the mind of Spence Jr against Crawford. But it seems it back fired on them although we can argue that it is not related as Spence is like a weight drain at 147 lbs.

But this is very different, and if we look at Charlo standing at Canelo, doesn't much of a difference maybe. So a jump of 2 weight classes might not affect Jermell here as he could have been walking 160 lbs++ already. And it this might he doesn't have to lose that extra weight.
Activity: 2282
Merit: 505
There shouldn't be an issue because he chose this path for a reason where he will be needing to jump weight classes and it will be a big embarrassment if he will starts making an excuse upon his defeat because people already know the chances beforehand and it's not that he is expected to make a miracle. He just should just stick with it and move on but if in case he wins, he can have all the credit for it because it will mean that he will be the new undisputed at 168. But first, we'll see what he can do against Canelo.

We will know more of that once the both of them is done sharing the same stage as either way, only one will come out smiling and winning in this fight because I don't think that a draw is one of the possible outcomes in this fight. And so, I guess we should rule that out too.

As per speculations, it is not that shocking anymore that people are rooting for Canelo over Charlo because how can we go against the undisputed champion if the challenger isn't even from super middleweight division.
Maybe there is a small percentage that thinks Charlo will have a chance against Canelo because they keep on telling that they know how to beat Alvarez and it seems they are really that obsessed to challenge Canelo. But this is super middleweight, in which Canelo is the king. Even one of the best middleweight in GGG didn't win against Canelo although the first fight could be debatable.

So we will see if the Charlo has found the blue print on how to beat Canelo or they are just hyping their fight and going out in public and claiming that they can beat him even if they will have to go up 2 weight classes.

If Charlo can withstand Canelo's heavy punches then there is a possibility for Charlo to win the fight.  By outboxing Canelo Alvarez and dominating every round and making sure  that it is a clear domination.  It is possible that Charlo might be faster than Canelo, so if he can take advantage on the speed, there is really a chance for Charlo to win a fight.
Yeah, that is another question that needs to be answered. But if we look at boxing though, if you are not a natural fighter on that weight class, then if you gotten hit by a natural bigger guy for sure you're going to felt the power. So for sure Jermell's chin are going to be tested, there are a lot of good boxers that feel on Canelo's power. They have all good and decent chin but once Canelo's landed his left hook or even his body punch, for sure Charlo will feel that although he doesn't want everyone to see it. So it's a big challenge for him.
then again agility tend to exhaust more, bagging that punch at early rounds might already change the tide of the fight significantly for charlo.
regardless though even if he losses, at least thats what to be expected but if he could pull that win with some manuever at the early rounds then this gonna be phenomenal.
but i'd still put my bet in canelo.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 594
^^ Very interesting that Jermell Charlo is not doing any trash talking in this fight? Or he doesn't want to get himself into the skin of Canelo? Make his mad and then suffer what others had in the ring before him, like Caleb Plant who trash talk Canelo and then he got knock out.

So it's really a change of atmosphere for him. But let's see, as I have said, both teams are very respectful to each other, maybe it's the language barrier or what. But it's good to see that this fight is going to happen, 2 undisputed boxers, MW and SW.

There are only two reasons I see why Jermell Charlo is not saying something against Canelo Alvarez, first is because he respects Canelo because of what he have achieved in the boxing industry and also became a pound for pound king. But I personally don't really see that reason because he can even throw some trashtalk to Crawford who recently became the first boxer to attain two undisputed titles in two separate divisions and Charlo doesn't even bother to talk back.

Or maybe it's the second, where he doesn't want to make Canelo angry because he might regret his decision later on because his win on their upcoming bout isn't even decent enough to consider that he can really afford to upset Canelo in his own comfortable division.
I agree, it's most likely the second opinion of yours, the doesn't want to Canelo angry leading up to the fight and make it personal. Because if he did, then it could be a different animal in Canelo again that we will see in the ring.

So most likely this is what one part of their game plan with Canelo, just style relax and don't let Canelo be emotional and make this fight very personal because they might have to regret it after the fight.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 576

Activity: 2842
Merit: 772

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655

Activity: 2632
Merit: 544
There shouldn't be an issue because he chose this path for a reason where he will be needing to jump weight classes and it will be a big embarrassment if he will starts making an excuse upon his defeat because people already know the chances beforehand and it's not that he is expected to make a miracle. He just should just stick with it and move on but if in case he wins, he can have all the credit for it because it will mean that he will be the new undisputed at 168. But first, we'll see what he can do against Canelo.

We will know more of that once the both of them is done sharing the same stage as either way, only one will come out smiling and winning in this fight because I don't think that a draw is one of the possible outcomes in this fight. And so, I guess we should rule that out too.

As per speculations, it is not that shocking anymore that people are rooting for Canelo over Charlo because how can we go against the undisputed champion if the challenger isn't even from super middleweight division.
Maybe there is a small percentage that thinks Charlo will have a chance against Canelo because they keep on telling that they know how to beat Alvarez and it seems they are really that obsessed to challenge Canelo. But this is super middleweight, in which Canelo is the king. Even one of the best middleweight in GGG didn't win against Canelo although the first fight could be debatable.

So we will see if the Charlo has found the blue print on how to beat Canelo or they are just hyping their fight and going out in public and claiming that they can beat him even if they will have to go up 2 weight classes.

If Charlo can withstand Canelo's heavy punches then there is a possibility for Charlo to win the fight.  By outboxing Canelo Alvarez and dominating every round and making sure  that it is a clear domination.  It is possible that Charlo might be faster than Canelo, so if he can take advantage on the speed, there is really a chance for Charlo to win a fight.

Then he needs to be Bivol, or at least controlled aggression and then throw a lot of punches in volume so that Canelo can't counter. But I haven't seen that style of Jermell though. He seems to be throwing everything with bad intent and try to score a knockout.

He has a good job, but I don't see if every effective as well to Canelo as Alvarez is good at reading that and then counter. What he can do is that Canelo is known to be a slow starter, so he could take advantage of those early round but received some in the middle so that he can stay with Canelo.

Yeah, that is another question that needs to be answered. But if we look at boxing though, if you are not a natural fighter on that weight class, then if you gotten hit by a natural bigger guy for sure you're going to felt the power. So for sure Jermell's chin are going to be tested, there are a lot of good boxers that feel on Canelo's power. They have all good and decent chin but once Canelo's landed his left hook or even his body punch, for sure Charlo will feel that although he doesn't want everyone to see it. So it's a big challenge for him.
legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 1253
Cashback 15%

legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1290
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

Activity: 2912
Merit: 674

Canelo Alvarez’s next fight had been rumoured to be Jermall Charlo, but instead it is twin brother Jermell Charlo facing the Mexican on September 30; Canelo is the undisputed world champion at super-middleweight, with Jermell jumping up two weight divisions from super-welterweight

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/12912747/canelo-alvarez-to-face-jermell-charlo-in-undisputed-las-vegas-showdown-on-september-30

If anybody sees odds for the fight please share in the thread.

Thanks.

Mike Tyson himself had something to say about this fight. He seems to believe that Jermall Charlo is going to lose this fight and that Canelo Alvarez will easily beat him, without much of a struggle. Charlo said "Mike Tyson is Mike Tyson — he could say whatever he wants". But I think that the winner is going to be obvious here and Mike, with his years of expert experience, saw it coming. Sure Charlo had a good rise from his weight division but he is still not ready for Alvarez. Ambition combined with pure and unadulterated willpower alone cannot win fights for very long.

I guess we don't need to be a Mike Tyson so see who is going to win this fight. I mean, Charlo is good at 154 lbs, but this is a totally different league for him at 168 lbs and this is the best weight class for Canelo Alvarez.

14 lbs is too huge of a difference.  A tough 168 lbs fighting a  154 lbs even if this 154 lbs is a heavy hitter does not need any special ability to see who is at the advantage.  Even if we consider Charlo's punching power is devastating at 154 lbs, he is fighting a tough opponent that can absorb heavy punches from light heavyweight opponent.  And they are fighting at the most comfortable division of Canelo.  So almost all odds are against Charlo.  Even speed is against Charlo on this because adding more weight will hamper is agility.

Might be more reasonable if this bout is catchweight but it isn't and that will really give Canelo an advantage in this fight because Jermell will have to face a lot of difficulties before he can reach Canelo's division and after that it's not yet over because he then will have to face a natural 168 lbs. boxer which is an added difficulty to him. Not sure how would this fight go for him but I know that it will always favor Canelo without a doubt.

I doubt that Canelo can go lower than 168 lbs though if they go for a catchweight. It will be draining for him as he is used to his weight and as we all know what when we grow older, we are bound to really gain weight so I don't think that catchweight is possible here.

So it's on Jermell side to really accept the fight or not. And in this case he is willing to go up in weight so we can say that the weight could not be an issue.

And it's interesting what I read that Canelo is targeting the twins, it was supposedly Jermall in this fight but his 154 lbs twin Jermell step up and take his spot. But if Canelo wins, it is said that he is going to fight Jermall the 160 lbs champion at 168 lbs.

The fact that this bout already materialized means that Charlo is eager and confident enough to go up in weight and skip some weight class just to fight Canelo at the latter's own dominant weight class. Not sure what he thinks by the way because I don't see any reasons why should I side him on this path or bet with him because he even pursued this fight without having any warm up for his inactivity.

For me, this is just a money fight and Charlo was already tired waiting for someone that can give him a competitive paycheck that is why he is now going to fight Canelo at 168 even if it that will mean that he will be stripped of his WBO or is it WBC and a possible lose as well.

Yes, and sometimes it's going to be an excuse if they lost because of weight issues like rehydration clause by the camp of Tank Davis vs Ryan Garcia or even Spence who says that 147 lbs for him doesn't feel right.

But in this case it's very different, but still though, maybe in the end Charlo will say that it's too much for him to jump 2 weight class. But he has agreed with the terms though so hopefully there will be no excuses after he lost the fight here.

legendary

{..snip..}

Thanks.

Mike Tyson himself had something to say about this fight. He seems to believe that Jermall Charlo is going to lose this fight and that Canelo Alvarez will easily beat him, without much of a struggle. Charlo said "Mike Tyson is Mike Tyson — he could say whatever he wants". But I think that the winner is going to be obvious here and Mike, with his years of expert experience, saw it coming. Sure Charlo had a good rise from his weight division but he is still not ready for Alvarez. Ambition combined with pure and unadulterated willpower alone cannot win fights for very long.

{..snip..}

{..snip..}

I doubt that Canelo can go lower than 168 lbs though if they go for a catchweight. It will be draining for him as he is used to his weight and as we all know what when we grow older, we are bound to really gain weight so I don't think that catchweight is possible here.

So it's on Jermell side to really accept the fight or not. And in this case he is willing to go up in weight so we can say that the weight could not be an issue.

And it's interesting what I read that Canelo is targeting the twins, it was supposedly Jermall in this fight but his 154 lbs twin Jermell step up and take his spot. But if Canelo wins, it is said that he is going to fight Jermall the 160 lbs champion at 168 lbs.

The fact that this bout already materialized means that Charlo is eager and confident enough to go up in weight and skip some weight class just to fight Canelo at the latter's own dominant weight class. Not sure what he thinks by the way because I don't see any reasons why should I side him on this path or bet with him because he even pursued this fight without having any warm up for his inactivity.

For me, this is just a money fight and Charlo was already tired waiting for someone that can give him a competitive paycheck that is why he is now going to fight Canelo at 168 even if it that will mean that he will be stripped of his WBO or is it WBC and a possible lose as well.

Yes, and sometimes it's going to be an excuse if they lost because of weight issues like rehydration clause by the camp of Tank Davis vs Ryan Garcia or even Spence who says that 147 lbs for him doesn't feel right.

But in this case it's very different, but still though, maybe in the end Charlo will say that it's too much for him to jump 2 weight class. But he has agreed with the terms though so hopefully there will be no excuses after he lost the fight here.

I totally think that Charlo has the disadvantage of weight class here. 14 pounds is way too big a difference and that will obviously be one of the main reasons why Charlo will go down. Although if they were both in the same weight class, then I might even give Charlo the benefit of the doubt and say that he could take Canelo, just from looking at his fierce fighting history. If he was smart enough to admit that then he would not go for such an unbalanced fight. But I think that Charlo might be a bit stubborn, so I doubt he will admit that he is biting too far above his weight class.

His naivety or arrogance is what I am going to be counting on. Easy bet.
Although I doubt that Charlo will be making pathetic excuses if he even were to lose.

I didn't say that he has a advantage in this fight, but the fact that he accepts the challenge and thinks that he has a chance to bet this Canelo in his best weight although he could have been in a lot of wear and tear, says something about this Charlo twins.

And yeah, this could be arrogance in their side. This has been their persona though, and even if he lost a fight before to Tony Harrison, they insist that they have won that fight. Give credit to him though for the rematch as he get back his title. But sometimes when you lost, you are going to be humbled and I think Canelo will bring pain again to Jermell Charlo at 168 lbs.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1643
Verified Bitcoin Hodler

Canelo Alvarez’s next fight had been rumoured to be Jermall Charlo, but instead it is twin brother Jermell Charlo facing the Mexican on September 30; Canelo is the undisputed world champion at super-middleweight, with Jermell jumping up two weight divisions from super-welterweight

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/12912747/canelo-alvarez-to-face-jermell-charlo-in-undisputed-las-vegas-showdown-on-september-30

Thanks.

I guess we don't need to be a Mike Tyson so see who is going to win this fight. I mean, Charlo is good at 154 lbs, but this is a totally different league for him at 168 lbs and this is the best weight class for Canelo Alvarez.

14 lbs is too huge of a difference.  A tough 168 lbs fighting a  154 lbs even if this 154 lbs is a heavy hitter does not need any special ability to see who is at the advantage.  Even if we consider Charlo's punching power is devastating at 154 lbs, he is fighting a tough opponent that can absorb heavy punches from light heavyweight opponent.  And they are fighting at the most comfortable division of Canelo.  So almost all odds are against Charlo.  Even speed is against Charlo on this because adding more weight will hamper is agility.

Might be more reasonable if this bout is catchweight but it isn't and that will really give Canelo an advantage in this fight because Jermell will have to face a lot of difficulties before he can reach Canelo's division and after that it's not yet over because he then will have to face a natural 168 lbs. boxer which is an added difficulty to him. Not sure how would this fight go for him but I know that it will always favor Canelo without a doubt.

I totally think that Charlo has the disadvantage of weight class here. 14 pounds is way too big a difference and that will obviously be one of the main reasons why Charlo will go down. Although if they were both in the same weight class, then I might even give Charlo the benefit of the doubt and say that he could take Canelo, just from looking at his fierce fighting history. If he was smart enough to admit that then he would not go for such an unbalanced fight. But I think that Charlo might be a bit stubborn, so I doubt he will admit that he is biting too far above his weight class.

His naivety or arrogance is what I am going to be counting on. Easy bet.
Although I doubt that Charlo will be making pathetic excuses if he even were to lose.
legendary

Thanks.

14 lbs is too huge of a difference.  A tough 168 lbs fighting a  154 lbs even if this 154 lbs is a heavy hitter does not need any special ability to see who is at the advantage.  Even if we consider Charlo's punching power is devastating at 154 lbs, he is fighting a tough opponent that can absorb heavy punches from light heavyweight opponent.  And they are fighting at the most comfortable division of Canelo.  So almost all odds are against Charlo.  Even speed is against Charlo on this because adding more weight will hamper is agility.

legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1290
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

Thanks.

Activity: 1344
Merit: 540

Thanks.

Activity: 2912
Merit: 674

Thanks.

Pages:
Jump to: