Pages:
Author

Topic: [Boxing] Crawford vs Spence - page 3. (Read 8496 times)

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
November 03, 2022, 11:24:38 PM
Ok guys here is what Crawford has to say about the failed negotiations, In summary:

1. Crawford starts talking to Al Haymon of PBC in May
2. Crawford got a contract along August, and according to him it's not even a regular contract
3. Haymon said that he is talking to someone from Team Crawford, but Crawford himself says that he didn't even know the person
4. Crawford tells Al that there are 2 companies are interested in the fight and willing to pay $25 m each guaranteed purse.
5.  ‘I’m not letting nobody touch this fight.’ Haymon said

You can read everything here: https://www.badlefthook.com/2022/11/2/23436522/terence-crawford-tells-all-on-failed-negotiations-with-errol-spence

And perhaps everyone can give  their opinion on who is to blame on this mess up. Or probably you can see how powerful Al Haymon is, or at least his tactics in negotiations. And maybe why it's hard to make fight between him and Top Rank.
legendary
November 03, 2022, 04:53:10 PM
50 page thread on a fight that might never be 😲.  I hope as much as ypu all this goes down but got to face the facts it just might never come to fruition.  Just might need to let this thread die a peaceful death Smiley.

Probably, but who knows, maybe next year there will be a fresh set of negotiations between the 2 camps and this fight comes to fruition when everyone thought that the fight is dead.

So yeah, might as well keep the thread open, and when there is an update, someone could pick it up and post it here. But for this year, the fight is officially not going to happen.

It's unfortunate because it's not just this thread but that's what all boxing fans want to see.  In reality there aren't many good fights ahead of us in the near term this would have been the fight that would have gotten everyone excited.  Oh well.

There could still be fight in the horizon though, but for us this is a super fight, and we all know that 147 lbs is like the premier weight in boxing and throughout it's history we have a lot of great champions, recently Manny Pacquiao or Floyd.

But the door is still open though, I still believed that this fight can be made next year after they got their cherry pick fight.
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 1406
November 03, 2022, 04:05:52 PM
50 page thread on a fight that might never be 😲.  I hope as much as ypu all this goes down but got to face the facts it just might never come to fruition.  Just might need to let this thread die a peaceful death Smiley.

Probably, but who knows, maybe next year there will be a fresh set of negotiations between the 2 camps and this fight comes to fruition when everyone thought that the fight is dead.

So yeah, might as well keep the thread open, and when there is an update, someone could pick it up and post it here. But for this year, the fight is officially not going to happen.

It's unfortunate because it's not just this thread but that's what all boxing fans want to see.  In reality there aren't many good fights ahead of us in the near term this would have been the fight that would have gotten everyone excited.  Oh well.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1144
November 03, 2022, 11:58:09 AM

Of course there are still many who hope they can meet. But now their problem is very complex and chaotic.
Currently a lot of speculation is emerging and growing and this has caused a lot of fans to be disappointed in the two of them.
I think for now it's still deadlocked on this issue and causing this much-loved match won't happen this year.
But I still hope that next year we will see their fight take place.

We don't know what is the reason for this fight not moving forward, we all have our speculations but no one is going to tell the truth and both sides will always defend themselves as the reasons for the derailing of the fight. So it could be very complex or just easy that anyone can adjust.

Anyhow, yes, there are still a good chance that the fight could be settle for next year, so let's hope that this unification will happen in 2023.

Yes and it's somehow useless to even think of this fight and speculating it further because both camps already stopped talking, now they are going separately just like Crawford having a fight next month. Let's just discuss this topic again soon if there will be some rumors surfacing again regarding their unification fight.
legendary
November 02, 2022, 03:38:21 PM

Of course there are still many who hope they can meet. But now their problem is very complex and chaotic.
Currently a lot of speculation is emerging and growing and this has caused a lot of fans to be disappointed in the two of them.
I think for now it's still deadlocked on this issue and causing this much-loved match won't happen this year.

We don't know what is the reason for this fight not moving forward, we all have our speculations but no one is going to tell the truth and both sides will always defend themselves as the reasons for the derailing of the fight. So it could be very complex or just easy that anyone can adjust.

Anyhow, yes, there are still a good chance that the fight could be settle for next year, so let's hope that this unification will happen in 2023.
copper member
Activity: 1414
Merit: 253
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
November 02, 2022, 03:35:18 PM

legendary
Merit: 1292
Hhampuz for Campaign management
November 02, 2022, 12:47:49 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/33834967/terence-crawford-says-wants-go-straight-fight-errol-spence-next%3fplatform=amp

Please make this fight happen.  This would be the fight of the year.  I like Crawford in this fight.  Wonder what the odds would be.  Who does everyone like in this fight if it goes down finally?
Crawford vs Spence fight  would be a interesting and crazy since both fighters are have same boxing styles and their speed on fighting is same level as Manny Pacquiao. This fight has been talked about for a long time and I hope it will happen. However, both sides are not interested on this fight because of the money, they not interested on the rewards because it is so small unlike in Pacman vs Mayweather.

It will not happen if only one party agree to fight, most importantly, there should already be a contract, otherwise, this fight is not gonna happen and they will only let us continue to make hype of this fight. Crawford is willing but it seems like Spence has no answer from it, if he has, it's not specific or confirming that the fight will happen.

We all expected that they were just trying to hype the fight more to make sure that the cuts will be met before announcing their schedule this year but that's not what happened, it looks to me that they aren't after the fact if the fight is marketable or not because if that is truly the case then I bet we already have the unification fight scheduled. Spence is getting the blame and criticism because we all know that Crawford wanted the fight, but Spence's camp makes it hard for Bud.

Spence camp might have another reason that's why Crawford's camp decided to agree to fight different fighter
instead of waiting for nothing.

I see your point in terms of trying to hype this fight, but that's no longer the case
here, the fight may or may not happen, but if ever they can always open their communication
to one another to discuss again their demands.

That is just another speculation added to this thread and likely remain unanswered because we don't have any ways to know what is that specific reason that made Crawford fighter another boxer instead of Spence. Either way, even if we can answer some of the questions, the fight is still not happening this year and that is for sure. Someone is playing it safe but neither one of them will reveal it.
legendary
November 02, 2022, 10:26:21 AM

Is there a rumor about that why this fight didn't successfully execute this year?

The rumors are senseless, both camps are just blaming each other and we don't know who is telling the truth. What we like to see is this fight going to happen this year but until now there's no positive news, so let us stop expecting it's gonna happen this year or even next year as most likely one of them will move up in weight.

That is the problem right there because none of them is willing to disclose some information regarding on why the fight didn't materialize, we can speculate all we want on who is ducking who but we cannot prove it because all the information are kept behind the curtains. Honestly, we have had high hopes for this one that it would happen easily but the exact opposite happened.
Yes, no one is going to take the blame as why the fight didn't materialized, majority of us have been speculating that it was on the side of Spence, as if they are deliberately trying to stall and delay the fight and wait till Crawford gets old or be beaten.

On the other hand, Crawford did severe his tie with Bob Arum so that he can pursue this mega-fight. And now that it didn't push through, we were wondering if that is the right move for him to go on his way with this negotiations or not.

If I were Crawford, I would really be open to the public on the exact whereabouts on the fight and the reveal the real reason on why the fight didn't materialize as people already expected it to happen. I wouldn't be taking the heat of criticisms and blame for sure because the people know that I'm so eager to make this fight happen and let the public know that Spence is truly ducking and playing the delay card over me.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1352
November 02, 2022, 04:46:39 AM

legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 1406
November 01, 2022, 05:44:12 PM
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
November 01, 2022, 01:52:16 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/33834967/terence-crawford-says-wants-go-straight-fight-errol-spence-next%3fplatform=amp

Please make this fight happen.  This would be the fight of the year.  I like Crawford in this fight.  Wonder what the odds would be.  Who does everyone like in this fight if it goes down finally?
Crawford vs Spence fight  would be a interesting and crazy since both fighters are have same boxing styles and their speed on fighting is same level as Manny Pacquiao. This fight has been talked about for a long time and I hope it will happen. However, both sides are not interested on this fight because of the money, they not interested on the rewards because it is so small unlike in Pacman vs Mayweather.

It will not happen if only one party agree to fight, most importantly, there should already be a contract, otherwise, this fight is not gonna happen and they will only let us continue to make hype of this fight. Crawford is willing but it seems like Spence has no answer from it, if he has, it's not specific or confirming that the fight will happen.

We all expected that they were just trying to hype the fight more to make sure that the cuts will be met before announcing their schedule this year but that's not what happened, it looks to me that they aren't after the fact if the fight is marketable or not because if that is truly the case then I bet we already have the unification fight scheduled. Spence is getting the blame and criticism because we all know that Crawford wanted the fight, but Spence's camp makes it hard for Bud.

Spence camp might have another reason that's why Crawford's camp decided to agree to fight different fighter
instead of waiting for nothing.

I see your point in terms of trying to hype this fight, but that's no longer the case
here, the fight may or may not happen, but if ever they can always open their communication
to one another to discuss again their demands.
legendary
November 01, 2022, 10:56:07 AM

Activity: 2338
Merit: 338
November 01, 2022, 08:51:46 AM

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219
November 01, 2022, 07:01:39 AM

Activity: 2814
Merit: 574
November 01, 2022, 06:39:34 AM

Is there a rumor about that why this fight didn't successfully execute this year?

The rumors are senseless, both camps are just blaming each other and we don't know who is telling the truth. What we like to see is this fight going to happen this year but until now there's no positive news, so let us stop expecting it's gonna happen this year or even next year as most likely one of them will move up in weight.

That is the problem right there because none of them is willing to disclose some information regarding on why the fight didn't materialize, we can speculate all we want on who is ducking who but we cannot prove it because all the information are kept behind the curtains. Honestly, we have had high hopes for this one that it would happen easily but the exact opposite happened.
Yes, no one is going to take the blame as why the fight didn't materialized, majority of us have been speculating that it was on the side of Spence, as if they are deliberately trying to stall and delay the fight and wait till Crawford gets old or be beaten.

On the other hand, Crawford did severe his tie with Bob Arum so that he can pursue this mega-fight. And now that it didn't push through, we were wondering if that is the right move for him to go on his way with this negotiations or not.
legendary
November 01, 2022, 06:08:35 AM

legendary
Activity: 2394
Merit: 1848
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
October 31, 2022, 10:40:08 PM

Source: https://www.benchwarmers.ie/pacquiao-wants-spence-crawford-winner/254920/

Big news is what Pacquiao generates. I hope he cheers up and we see him again.

No please no I'm a big Pacquiao fan and I like to see him age well he has a lot of things to do for his fellow citizen and he should enjoy his retirement, he is past his prime, this is not WWE wrestling where even a 70 years old Ric Flair can come back and be competitive and win, his time is up in boxing we have seen that. the speed and power are not there anymore, I am ok with him doing exhibitions but fighting for a world title against the top boxers in the world is just too much for Pacquiao to handle, everyone has his time in boxing I don't want him to go out like Mike Tyson.

Well, you're right about that, what happens is that sport always keeps people young and makes them live longer, maybe Tyson's inactivity has made him like that with all those ailments, the sciatic nerve is one of the strongest ailments that exist, I've never had it, but my wife does suffer from it and there are times when she can't even get out of bed and the pain grips her entire leg, now I can imagine what Tyson must feel since they are athletes who always They have worked with much more effort and with more weight, these things are what make a boxer stronger, and the fact of being in good health at an older age is already a great luxury.

I think that here what there was was a lack of interest on the part of Spence, Spence almost did not think this fight while Crawford did, it was very important to him, for this reason I think Crawford made the decision to fight not against him but with another opponent, the idea is that he get a little more fame so that he can have the best attention from the great boxers and for the next one it will be Spence himself who looks for the fight and not him, it is already something very different if this happens, at least I see it that way, and the strategy that Crawford is using is very good, I think he has to do it that way so that he can be more successful in his next rematches.

Crawford is really in an odd situation if he remains a free agent. He is not Canelo that can easily jump to any promoters and networks but still dictates everything in the deal. If he fights the WBO number 1 contender, the undefeated banger Vergil Ortiz Jr., it will be promoted by Golden Boy and DAZN will televise it. Highly risky for Bud with no legacy returns except money. Ortiz is a superstar in the making. Huge fanbase and is a very charismatic guy. I believe Crawford-Ortiz will beat all of Spence's previous PPV buys. But Crawford can also move up to 154 and hunt for his 4th division title but he seriously needs a promoter to depend on.   

I'm also thinking the same way, I also thought that a unification fight between Crawford and Spence is the next thing to happen when Bud haven't re-sign with Bob Arum. We all know that Arum is not inclined in these situation but without him, Crawford's alone and nothing to lean on in these times, also his situation has gotten worse because Spence's camp is playing on him. He badly needed a promoter and Mayweather is there ready to accept Bud under his banner to help him in the business side. I hope he will seek help to make this happen because he is getting older.

Aside from that, I think it's much better for him to fight Charlo in 154 pounds rather than risking his career for getting nothing while fighting the #1 contender, Ortiz.

Yeah, Mayweather really wants to sign Bud. The problem with Mayweather Promotions nowadays is it is just becoming one of the dummy promotions for PBC who's hiding under a managerial license. Mayweather is not the same guy anymore that wanted his promotion to become big like De La Hoya's Golden Boy Promotions. And we also do not know how much Bud trusts Mayweather knowing the guy is a very close friend to Spence's team like Ellerbe his former manager and Al Haymon the owner of PBC.

Jermell Charlo the undisputed champ of 154 is from PBC too and he already said that he won't give Bud a shot at his undisputed belts. Charlo a very close friend of Spence wants Bud to work his way up to the rankings and earn his shot. So Bud can either get a tune-up at 154 or request the WBO to give him a shot at the WBO 154 belt which Charlo can vacate if it's still reluctant. It seems like these boys of PBC are trying to stop Bud from becoming the first-ever undisputed champion in 2 (Spence at 147) or 3 (Charlo at 154) divisions in this 4 belt era.

Money-wise DAZN has the deepest pocket in boxing right now. They got the biggest money-makers in boxing Canelo, AJ, Usyk, and potential future superstars Vergil Ortiz and Ryan Garcia. Bud can sign with them but it might also mean no more Spence and Charlo.

Really? I didn't know that Crawford's situation is much deeper than what I've thought. That's indeed too bad because all his years are wasted being under Bob Arum's management because Bob didn't let Bud build his legacy. Now, he is being rejected to have a shot in an undisputed fight both in welter and super welter. But I don't understand, why is it a bad idea if Bud sign under DAZN? Enlighten me mate.

To be fair, Bob Arum did his job well. Legacy-wise, Crawford's credentials are also assured in the Hall of Fame once he retires, unlike Spence who needs to work more on his career if he wants to be remembered and enters the Hall of Fame. Good friends Spence and Charlo avoiding Crawford is more of a personal and political issue.

If Crawford signs with DAZN, the network might not allow Showtime or Fox to solo-televise a possible Crawford-Spence or Crawford-Charlo. DAZN will want a joint network deal which is normal when 2 superstars collide like Pacman-Mayweather televised via HBO and Showtime. Last year, PBC's undefeated WBC middleweight champion Jermall Charlo (Jermell's twin) and undefeated former champion Jaime Mungia of Golden Boy Promotions failed to materialize because PBC do not want a joint promotion deal. PBC wanted to solo promote the event and a rematch clause if Charlo losses but they will let GBP solo promote the possible rematch. PBC is the hardest to work with when it comes to co-promotion fights. Thus Crawford signing with DAZN might mean goodbye to Errol Spence and Jermell Charlo fights.

But personally, if I were Crawford, I will talk to Matchroom and signs a deal if possible.

Yeah, I think if ever Crawford will want to sign a promotional contract, it might be better with Matchroom. I think with Eddie Hearn, who knows, maybe he can get a good deal and push the fight for him against Spence.

Legacy wise, it might be better if we will see this fight going to happen next year. But if not, the longer the delay, the more Crawford will be at a disadvantage here and I will say that we might not see this fight anymore.

And I think if this fight is going to be made, there could be someone in between to be a  mediator. And it could be Eddie Hearn with his influence right now.

Eddie Hearn would be the most suitable person for that, and he is exactly what Crawford needed because I certainly think that he can't really manage to do it all alone especially about business. By now, I know that Crawford already know what to do next when they will have an open discussion again because he wasted months in that same discussion, but nothing had materialized.

He should act fast about it because time is not on his side and I agree on what you've said, if the fight won't happen in 2023 then Crawford will be playing at the disadvantageous side. I know he doesn't want that though.

In spite of everything Crawford is somewhat astute, he is a boxer who knows what he has and how he can do things in the fight, if he himself understands that to achieve a victory he needs a lot of work and effort, his training must be very intense and cash, maybe he has already been training and needs to get the benefits of it, I think that seeing that a fight with Spence is not possible, which could send him to fame or end up burying him, he is playing it with these fights he wants for him, it doesn't matter if it's for 2023, the idea is that he can build victories, it's the only way that Spence can be interested.
legendary
October 29, 2022, 11:00:17 AM

Crawford is really in an odd situation if he remains a free agent. He is not Canelo that can easily jump to any promoters and networks but still dictates everything in the deal. If he fights the WBO number 1 contender, the undefeated banger Vergil Ortiz Jr., it will be promoted by Golden Boy and DAZN will televise it. Highly risky for Bud with no legacy returns except money. Ortiz is a superstar in the making. Huge fanbase and is a very charismatic guy. I believe Crawford-Ortiz will beat all of Spence's previous PPV buys. But Crawford can also move up to 154 and hunt for his 4th division title but he seriously needs a promoter to depend on.  

I'm also thinking the same way, I also thought that a unification fight between Crawford and Spence is the next thing to happen when Bud haven't re-sign with Bob Arum. We all know that Arum is not inclined in these situation but without him, Crawford's alone and nothing to lean on in these times, also his situation has gotten worse because Spence's camp is playing on him. He badly needed a promoter and Mayweather is there ready to accept Bud under his banner to help him in the business side. I hope he will seek help to make this happen because he is getting older.

Aside from that, I think it's much better for him to fight Charlo in 154 pounds rather than risking his career for getting nothing while fighting the #1 contender, Ortiz.

Yeah, Mayweather really wants to sign Bud. The problem with Mayweather Promotions nowadays is it is just becoming one of the dummy promotions for PBC who's hiding under a managerial license. Mayweather is not the same guy anymore that wanted his promotion to become big like De La Hoya's Golden Boy Promotions. And we also do not know how much Bud trusts Mayweather knowing the guy is a very close friend to Spence's team like Ellerbe his former manager and Al Haymon the owner of PBC.

Jermell Charlo the undisputed champ of 154 is from PBC too and he already said that he won't give Bud a shot at his undisputed belts. Charlo a very close friend of Spence wants Bud to work his way up to the rankings and earn his shot. So Bud can either get a tune-up at 154 or request the WBO to give him a shot at the WBO 154 belt which Charlo can vacate if it's still reluctant. It seems like these boys of PBC are trying to stop Bud from becoming the first-ever undisputed champion in 2 (Spence at 147) or 3 (Charlo at 154) divisions in this 4 belt era.

Money-wise DAZN has the deepest pocket in boxing right now. They got the biggest money-makers in boxing Canelo, AJ, Usyk, and potential future superstars Vergil Ortiz and Ryan Garcia. Bud can sign with them but it might also mean no more Spence and Charlo.

Really? I didn't know that Crawford's situation is much deeper than what I've thought. That's indeed too bad because all his years are wasted being under Bob Arum's management because Bob didn't let Bud build his legacy. Now, he is being rejected to have a shot in an undisputed fight both in welter and super welter. But I don't understand, why is it a bad idea if Bud sign under DAZN? Enlighten me mate.

To be fair, Bob Arum did his job well. Legacy-wise, Crawford's credentials are also assured in the Hall of Fame once he retires, unlike Spence who needs to work more on his career if he wants to be remembered and enters the Hall of Fame. Good friends Spence and Charlo avoiding Crawford is more of a personal and political issue.

If Crawford signs with DAZN, the network might not allow Showtime or Fox to solo-televise a possible Crawford-Spence or Crawford-Charlo. DAZN will want a joint network deal which is normal when 2 superstars collide like Pacman-Mayweather televised via HBO and Showtime. Last year, PBC's undefeated WBC middleweight champion Jermall Charlo (Jermell's twin) and undefeated former champion Jaime Mungia of Golden Boy Promotions failed to materialize because PBC do not want a joint promotion deal. PBC wanted to solo promote the event and a rematch clause if Charlo losses but they will let GBP solo promote the possible rematch. PBC is the hardest to work with when it comes to co-promotion fights. Thus Crawford signing with DAZN might mean goodbye to Errol Spence and Jermell Charlo fights.

But personally, if I were Crawford, I will talk to Matchroom and signs a deal if possible.

Yeah, I think if ever Crawford will want to sign a promotional contract, it might be better with Matchroom. I think with Eddie Hearn, who knows, maybe he can get a good deal and push the fight for him against Spence.

Legacy wise, it might be better if we will see this fight going to happen next year. But if not, the longer the delay, the more Crawford will be at a disadvantage here and I will say that we might not see this fight anymore.

And I think if this fight is going to be made, there could be someone in between to be a  mediator. And it could be Eddie Hearn with his influence right now.

Eddie Hearn would be the most suitable person for that, and he is exactly what Crawford needed because I certainly think that he can't really manage to do it all alone especially about business. By now, I know that Crawford already know what to do next when they will have an open discussion again because he wasted months in that same discussion, but nothing had materialized.

He should act fast about it because time is not on his side and I agree on what you've said, if the fight won't happen in 2023 then Crawford will be playing at the disadvantageous side. I know he doesn't want that though.
Activity: 2338
Merit: 338
October 29, 2022, 10:25:37 AM

legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
October 29, 2022, 09:05:58 AM

Lots of reasons but I'm more interested in this story:

"Contract talks were agreed upon by Spence’s camp, yet Crawford had issues with the deal. Crawford wanted a fully guaranteed deal and approval on expenses related to the fight. It’s unheard of for a fighter to ask for approval for expenses because that’s normally the promoter’s responsibility.

As much as others believed that Spence is trying to avoid Crawford, for me, that was all just a hate comment towards Spence as even Crawford itself didn't mention that Spence is avoiding why the fight failed.

And the funny thing is, BLK Prime, the one that announced the fight between Crawford and Avanesyan in December isn't ringing a bell for some boxing enthusiasts.

Even Spence said in the interview that he doesn't know who Avanesyan is lol.

Why are DeSoto’s Errol Spence Jr., Terence Crawford not fighting? It’s boxing
Pages:
Jump to: