Pages:
Author

Topic: [Boxing] Nonito Donaire vs Alejandro Santiago for WBC bantamweight title - page 15. (Read 4343 times)

legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Excel is fun
I think he needs to hang the gloves at his age and respect Grandfather Time at this point. Not that I doubt his skills, but he's basically just too old for the sport that most blows that he receive are becoming more and more dangerous to him.

He is the only one who can decide that. You cannot compare a boxer to an average person because it depends on the discipline of a boxer. And as we can see, despite Donaire being old and having suffered a painful defeat at the hands of Inoue, he still wants to come back to boxing and aims to be a champion again. You can be impressed by the kind of dedication he has in his sport, so let's respect his decision and hope that he won't suffer a serious injury in case he loses a fight.

I'm impressed with his longevity and his power as a fighter, no doubt. Then again, it is in the nature of the human body to deteriorate over time. No matter your discipline is as a fighter, a warrior or whatever, time will be your strongest enemy to stay in the game. Your body is more susceptible to damage, and it takes a lot more time for it to regenerate, sometimes not.

Donaire will have the final say, but he needs to really think it through.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
But I think and maybe majority here will agree, than Nonito can still fight anyone at bantamweight not name Inoue and he has a likely chance to beat everyone of them and become a bantamweight champion again.

Agree and I mentioned it too before.

Likely, this fight will be Donaire's turning point in his decision if he will still continue to fight or not. However, it's good if Donaire will be matched against the top contenders in the 118 instead of Santiago although just to be clear, I'm not degrading the latter here.

Moving forward, if Donaire can't even stop Santiago, who is just currently unranked by the WBC, then time to hang his gloves now. But if successful to win, he will join Takuma Inoue (WBA) and Jason Moloney (WBC) as his co-title holders in the 118 and hoping for a unification match as his next fight.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
I think he needs to hang the gloves at his age and respect Grandfather Time at this point. Not that I doubt his skills, but he's basically just too old for the sport that most blows that he receive are becoming more and more dangerous to him.

He is the only one who can decide that. You cannot compare a boxer to an average person because it depends on the discipline of a boxer. And as we can see, despite Donaire being old and having suffered a painful defeat at the hands of Inoue, he still wants to come back to boxing and aims to be a champion again. You can be impressed by the kind of dedication he has in his sport, so let's respect his decision and hope that he won't suffer a serious injury in case he loses a fight.

Yeah right, the decision belongs to him and we should respect it no matter what, with the way he shows his interest in winning the belt again
only dictates that he's still engaged in this sport.

We can't conclude what will be his decision after these upcoming fights, but I also value the situation where in his age those solid combinations that
he will going to take might damage him a lot.

It's only him though who will decide if what his next journey after fighting Santiago.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1144
We all know that he is not getting any younger, so training hard and timing should be just perfect for him before the fight.

I doubt a hard training will take place. More probably, he just needs to maintain his good shape and try to achieve the very best condition he can get until the weigh-in. Hard training isn't a good way to condition Donaire at this point. He will surely be doing his usual routine operation of training every single day.

His experience will tell him what's the best strategy to execute in the fight. He's done with the hard training and no need to undergo that.

Not saying Nonito should just relax. I'm saying what should be effective way is, proper mind conditioning while doing light workouts e.g daily jog etc.

That's their basic job – to stay in condition so they can fight at 100% during the fight night. Donaire is not new to the world of boxing; he has already won multiple championships, so we can expect that he will not get careless with his conditioning. Additionally, we can consider his age as a factor. Hard training may not be advisable for someone his age, but what's important is that he trains the right way, so he can execute the game plan effectively during the fight.

The good thing for Donaire is he is always on the gym literally. Right now he is in Cebu, training at the Omega Gym where Johnriel Casimero also trained. Don't know when they will depart for the states but i think they will do much of his training here as one way also of promoting the Omega Stable and the couple (Nonito and Rachel) also train the boxers here so they might have an agreement with the owner to manage or maybe bring these boxers abroad if they have potentials to be a world champion someday.

Just a little trivia guys hehe, the owner of the Omega gym is also the owner of the Omega pain killer if you are familiar with that one lol.

Thanks for the update, I thought that Donaire is already in the States preparing for this fight on July 15. So he might have been staying this long in the Philippines to train and I think this might be the first time that he will have his full training in his native country?

Probably that is one reason why Donaire is still or can still fight at this age. Because he knows how to take care of his body and as you have said, he has that mentality to go to the gym and train even if he don't have a fight, just to keep himself fit and ready and of course, always be sharp and perfected his craft and tools.
I don't think that it is the case here because sooner or later, Nonito Donaire will have to leave his own country to travel abroad to continue his training as he has to be there for at least 1-2 weeks before the day of his fight to accustom his body first as we know that USA and Philippines do have a different weather even if Donaire is well accustomed already. His body needed it because it's been a while now since he fought and been in the Philippines.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 540
Many people are still pointing out on the fact that Donaire is still going to the gym, is still physically fit etc etc. a lot of people are like that, and the difference Donaire makes is that he's a fighter with fighter instincts that if you put him on a fight against an average person, he'd win quite easily, putting considerable damage to his opponent in the fight. I think he needs to hang the gloves at his age and respect Grandfather Time at this point. Not that I doubt his skills, but he's basically just too old for the sport that most blows that he receive are becoming more and more dangerous to him.

The only damage he took in the last couple of years is against Inoue though, specially in the last fight wherein he was knockout by the power of the Monster. But other than that he just steam rolled everyone, even knocking out his opponents in the process to become a champion.

Yes, definitely, Grandfather time can't be defeated by anyone, if it calls you, then you can't fight it. But I think and maybe majority here will agree, than Nonito can still fight anyone at bantamweight not name Inoue and he has a likely chance to beat everyone of them and become a bantamweight champion again. And we can also speculate whether he will retire or not. Maybe when he feels that he doesn't have the desire to fight, then that is the time to hang up his gloves for good.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 647

legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Excel is fun
Many people are still pointing out on the fact that Donaire is still going to the gym, is still physically fit etc etc. a lot of people are like that, and the difference Donaire makes is that he's a fighter with fighter instincts that if you put him on a fight against an average person, he'd win quite easily, putting considerable damage to his opponent in the fight. I think he needs to hang the gloves at his age and respect Grandfather Time at this point. Not that I doubt his skills, but he's basically just too old for the sport that most blows that he receive are becoming more and more dangerous to him.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 772

Probably that is one reason why Donaire is still or can still fight at this age. Because he knows how to take care of his body and as you have said, he has that mentality to go to the gym and train even if he don't have a fight, just to keep himself fit and ready and of course, always be sharp and perfected his craft and tools.

That's the kind of work ethic he has, and we have to commend him for his self-discipline. It's evident that he remains a dangerous fighter, even at his age. Many fans still believe that he has the potential to win another championship. For fans like us, there's no need to worry. Donaire has our support, and we can confidently continue betting on him once the odds are released. Let's keep that money coming!

He is still a dangerous fighter, and I think as he gets old, he had the obvious experience that's why he keeps on winning and another good thing for him is that he remains humble despite all the things he has accomplished throughout his career and there's no sign of him stopping anytime unless he won another title.

And then the self-disciple that you have mentioned. We will hand our support to him, regardless if he is the favorite or not. Just like in the Inoue fight wherein he was a huge underdog, and still we bet on him to create that upset win by Inoue is too good for him.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
We all know that he is not getting any younger, so training hard and timing should be just perfect for him before the fight.

I doubt a hard training will take place. More probably, he just needs to maintain his good shape and try to achieve the very best condition he can get until the weigh-in. Hard training isn't a good way to condition Donaire at this point. He will surely be doing his usual routine operation of training every single day.

His experience will tell him what's the best strategy to execute in the fight. He's done with the hard training and no need to undergo that.

Not saying Nonito should just relax. I'm saying what should be effective way is, proper mind conditioning while doing light workouts e.g daily jog etc.

That's their basic job – to stay in condition so they can fight at 100% during the fight night. Donaire is not new to the world of boxing; he has already won multiple championships, so we can expect that he will not get careless with his conditioning. Additionally, we can consider his age as a factor. Hard training may not be advisable for someone his age, but what's important is that he trains the right way, so he can execute the game plan effectively during the fight.

That's basic but I do believed that there are boxers who can't maintain their body in shape where they are in off season. And this is one reason why they have difficulty in losing weight before in their next fight and most likely another reason why majority of then whose condition is worse is not going to win. So maybe Donaire is also very lucky that he has a good genes, that even at his age, he is not putting up pounds and that's why he is still on the best. And couple it with hard training, the the result might be another world championship under his belt.

Still fit even his metabolism is not the same anymore since he's already old, he's camp is really good at maintaining his physical conditions.

We are looking forward to this upcoming fight and the trust for Donaire to bring back the belt is high,
with proper preparations and good assessment of how Santiago fight, might give him still the upper hand
in winning this fight.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 542

That's basic but I do believed that there are boxers who can't maintain their body in shape where they are in off season. And this is one reason why they have difficulty in losing weight before in their next fight and most likely another reason why majority of then whose condition is worse is not going to win. So maybe Donaire is also very lucky that he has a good genes, that even at his age, he is not putting up pounds and that's why he is still on the best. And couple it with hard training, the the result might be another world championship under his belt.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 832

That's the kind of work ethic he has, and we have to commend him for his self-discipline. It's evident that he remains a dangerous fighter, even at his age. Many fans still believe that he has the potential to win another championship. For fans like us, there's no need to worry. Donaire has our support, and we can confidently continue betting on him once the odds are released. Let's keep that money coming!

Yes, and that's what really good with this experience and elite boxers, like Manny or even Floyd. They have that self discipline to keep themselves in shape. Although Floyd and Manny has retired, if you will see them now, they haven't gain that much weight and most likely they are still very active in sports.

As for Donaire, he has our support no doubt, and if ever he will be the underdog then it will be a good bet. However, even if he becomes a slight favorite here, then we are still going to look at what odds are the best for us and where to put our money with.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

The chance of winning is not by far, though he's already aging, but the dedication still remains the same. Donaire can take this still
and like what you just said, no problem with betting on him.

He still has that hook and if Santiago would take that gambler and be aggressive in this fight, he might taste that quick hook of Donaire
and for sure, even it's not that same speed, but the power and weight of that punch can bring him down to kiss the floor.
legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1285
Hhampuz for Campaign management

Activity: 2842
Merit: 772

The good thing for Donaire is he is always on the gym literally. Right now he is in Cebu, training at the Omega Gym where Johnriel Casimero also trained. Don't know when they will depart for the states but i think they will do much of his training here as one way also of promoting the Omega Stable and the couple (Nonito and Rachel) also train the boxers here so they might have an agreement with the owner to manage or maybe bring these boxers abroad if they have potentials to be a world champion someday.

Just a little trivia guys hehe, the owner of the Omega gym is also the owner of the Omega pain killer if you are familiar with that one lol.

Thanks for the update, I thought that Donaire is already in the States preparing for this fight on July 15. So he might have been staying this long in the Philippines to train and I think this might be the first time that he will have his full training in his native country?

Activity: 2072
Merit: 542
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

Activity: 2702
Merit: 517

legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game

Activity: 2884
Merit: 612

We will know what will happen as the upcoming fight is already scheduled in July 15 in Las Vegas, Nevada fans will see him back inside the ring.

Looking forward to seeing great actions, exchanges of punches between these two fighters.

Wait, has there been an official announcement regarding this fight? It seems like I missed the big news. Could you refer me to the announcement where I can read and verify if it's true? If there is already a schedule, let us notify the OP to update the thread title and include at least the date of the fight.

Here it is mate: Nonito Donaire-Alexandro Santiago WBC Title Fight Set For July 15 In Las Vegas

Finally, it is now on the drawing board with little less chance of not happening and we are done waiting for their final announcement that could've made Donaire's career more difficult if it will not happen in Quarter 3 this year as we already know that time is not in his favor anymore. Fortunately, he is now actively preparing for the fight after waiting for a couple of months.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 574

We will know what will happen as the upcoming fight is already scheduled in July 15 in Las Vegas, Nevada fans will see him back inside the ring.

Looking forward to seeing great actions, exchanges of punches between these two fighters.

Wait, has there been an official announcement regarding this fight? It seems like I missed the big news. Could you refer me to the announcement where I can read and verify if it's true? If there is already a schedule, let us notify the OP to update the thread title and include at least the date of the fight.
here's a video clip of Nonito's Donaire and his wife's live stream(not sure what platform they used), they are talking about the fight happening on July 15 in las vegas and apparently, Nonito Donaire's fight with Alejandro Santiago will be an undercard to Frank Martin vs Artem Harutyunyan fight on July 15. Nonito also said that doesn't really care about being an undercard as long as he has the fight
Thank you, mate. Let's expect that it will happen on that date since Donaire's wife is his manager, and he would not spread false information. I initially thought this fight would take place later this year, but it's a good thing we only have to wait a month from now to see Donaire fight again. It's fantastic news for the fans.
they said they could have requested for Nonito's fight to be moved up to August if they wanted his fight to be a main event but judging by how they talked, I feel like they didn't want to extend it until August because it might over-exert Nonito's body for extended training and preparing for this fight.
That could be one reason, and for all we know, maybe Nonito has been training already when this news come out (February), and we have seen him with Casimero in the Philippines when John Riel was preparing for this fight.

And the soonest this fight is going to happen, the better for Nonito. We all know that he is not getting any younger, so training hard and timing should be just perfect for him before the fight. His preparation including diet should be 100% so that it will guarantee a good win for the Filipino Flash as he is aiming to become a world champion at 40 years old.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1063

here's a video clip of Nonito's Donaire and his wife's live stream(not sure what platform they used), they are talking about the fight happening on July 15 in las vegas and apparently, Nonito Donaire's fight with Alejandro Santiago will be an undercard to Frank Martin vs Artem Harutyunyan fight on July 15. Nonito also said that doesn't really care about being an undercard as long as he has the fight
Thank you, mate. Let's expect that it will happen on that date since Donaire's wife is his manager, and he would not spread false information. I initially thought this fight would take place later this year, but it's a good thing we only have to wait a month from now to see Donaire fight again. It's fantastic news for the fans.
they said they could have requested for Nonito's fight to be moved up to August if they wanted his fight to be a main event but judging by how they talked, I feel like they didn't want to extend it until August because it might over-exert Nonito's body for extended training and preparing for this fight.
Pages:
Jump to: