Pages:
Author

Topic: Boxing: Nonito Donaire vs Jason Moloney - page 3. (Read 1145 times)

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564
February 11, 2023, 05:36:25 PM
I think it's better if he would face another nationality, again as I have said, Thailand's  Nawaphon Sor. Rungvisai  or PR's pride Emmanuel Rodriguez (who beat Jason Moloney).

I also don't want two Filipino to be in the same ring, as much as possible I also like to see other nationality to face Nonito Donaire, it give more excitement than seeing both Filipino fight, sure the title will be in a Filipinos hand who ever own the fight but it is sad to think that a fellow Filipino's record will be tarnished by another Filipino.

That's a better opponent for him I believe.

Alexandro Santiago has 3 losses and not a KO artist, so as long as he will not face a fighter like Inoue, this chance to win is higher. Though Alexandro Santiago is the younger fighter with 27 years of age, but the experience of Donaire is too much and this young boxer won't be able to handle it.

Also, the height is only 5′ 2½″ , that's the kind of target Donaire wants to KO.

If this fight happens then there is a huge percentage that Donaire will win.  Since the guy is known to have not much punching power, then Donaire can fight the guy without any problem.  Besides the reach and height advantage is favorable to Donaire.

Age can be an advantage in terms of stamina if Santiago will manage to finished the fight with UD but if Donaire will box him
the chance of kissing the floor is possible.

as the boxer gets old I believe his stamina get worse.  So younger boxer has a better stamina, and stamina recovery.  I believe it is the experience where the older boxer have as an advantage.

Doaire is still deadly with his hook and his power punches, that combination can still
bring down his opponent, though we don't know yet if how Santiago will prepare and
how he might surprise all the fans when already inside the ring and fighting with Donaire.

I agree, I also think that Donaire's punches still have the same old sting in it.  So he is still capable of knocking his opponent down.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
February 11, 2023, 05:34:16 PM
even if he losses this one, he might have a last chance to go and fight for the belt in other division. This is just WBC, there are still bodies that he is rank.

Not sure about that. Nonito Donaire might only have a clear shot at the WBC Bantamweight Title as he's ranked 1 here.

WBC, WBO, and IBF, he is not even ranked in the Top 3 contenders that's why he might nit be considered to get a title match here.

After Moloney withdrew from their fight, there are no clear plans yet for where Donaire's career is heading to.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1643
Verified Bitcoin Hodler
February 11, 2023, 02:35:40 PM
Nice fight for both of the fighters.

I still root for Nonito Donaire to win despite him being the older fighter, well, some called him old already and has to retire from boxing, but I think he still has something to prove, he can make this opportunity to be a champion again before hanging those gloves.

He might be the older fighter but his lack of power and speed due to age can easily be underestimated. You seem to be especially forgetting his fighting experience. Its worth more than speed and power combined and it will be the reason why Donaire wins. It might not be a fast win but it will definitely be an easy one. Compared to Nonito Donaire, Jason Moloney is still green behind the ears and it will definitely show in the fight.

Age in boxing seems to be more of a marketing ploy to sell a fighter. Any smart gambler knows to bet on their own research of skills and past fights. Not age.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
February 11, 2023, 01:59:58 PM
Also read that Donaire might be facing Mexico's Alexandro Santiago for that WBC version of the bantamweight belt.

Alexandro Santiago has 3 losses and not a KO artist, so as long as he will not face a fighter like Inoue, this chance to win is higher. Though Alexandro Santiago is the younger fighter with 27 years of age, but the experience of Donaire is too much and this young boxer won't be able to handle it.

Also, the height is only 5′ 2½″ , that's the kind of target Donaire wants to KO.

Age can be an advantage in terms of stamina if Santiago will manage to finished the fight with UD but if Donaire will box him
the chance of kissing the floor is possible.

Doaire is still deadly with his hook and his power punches, that combination can still
bring down his opponent, though we don't know yet if how Santiago will prepare and
how he might surprise all the fans when already inside the ring and fighting with Donaire.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 612
February 11, 2023, 01:02:25 PM
Also read that Donaire might be facing Mexico's Alexandro Santiago for that WBC version of the bantamweight belt.

Sounds fair for 40 year old KO artist to fight against a 27 yr old who has a poor record but doesn't make the fight exciting. This is not confirmed yet for there is no reason why they would give Santiago a title shot.

The fact that both of them either Donaire or Santiago will be in a cruel position after it. Any of them will face a more savage fighter when they become a champ.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 674
February 11, 2023, 07:53:35 AM

Activity: 2072
Merit: 542
February 11, 2023, 07:46:54 AM
Yeah, probably he doesn't want to take that risk and lost to Nonito in a world title bout and maybe this is what the camp advises him. Or what Bob Arum has been circulating around, he doesn't want to deal with Probellum, simply as that.

Donaire has face Gaballo, another Filipino for the title and he beat him with a knockout.

I think it's better if he would face another nationality, again as I have said, Thailand's  Nawaphon Sor. Rungvisai  or PR's pride Emmanuel Rodriguez (who beat Jason Moloney).

So we are not going to see this fight happens for now? I'm not updated on this news but i will just speculate that it is the camp of Moloney who opted out of this fight because from the start they are not keen on fight the Filipino Flash, maybe they are aware that their boy will loss to Nonito. I've even seen videos on Youtube that Moloney has called WBC to convince them to install him as the champion when Inoue vacated that belt.

Donaire vs Rodriguez will be a good one, at least we see our champ fights again.
According to the reports I have read there was never too much of a chance for this fight to happen as there are simply too many belts for the taking, so Moloney is going to take the less risky path, get himself a belt and then see how he can earn the most money that way, besides Moloney is younger so he could just wait until the physical capabilities of Donaire drop and then take an easier fight against him.

Just read that the cause of the breakout of the agreement to stage this fight is not Moloney dodging Donaire but a political thing, i mean Top Rank which handles Moloney refuses to stage this fight against Donaire which is promoted by Probellum. Top Rank and Probellum particularly Richard Schaefer are not in good terms so yeah definitely this fight is not a go.

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
February 11, 2023, 03:47:07 AM
For sure whatever happens in the next fight of Donaire, all his decision will be based on that. Whether we want to continue despite a loss, but a win will automatically make him defend that belt.
I don't think it's a good idea to continue if he lose, maybe that depends on how he lose in the fight, if it was a close one and he is not convince that he lose, then most likely he will look for another fight, however, will the promoter still be interested in giving him the fight considering his ranking will drop after another lose?

Even in the Inoue fight, we all know that he was knockout cold, he didn't even know that he was knockout according to him and yet he is going to fight. Even before this opportunity, he is willing to go down to 115 lbs and fight Estrada, that's even dangerous to go down in weight because of his age but he insist because he thinks that he can still fight. So I will assume that base on that facts, even if he losses this one, he might have a last chance to go and fight for the belt in other division. This is just WBC, there are still bodies that he is rank. Promoters will always be interested, even boxers, and I would say besides Naoya, Nonito is the most recognized bantamweight, and so it is good to have his name in the resume of young fighters that is currently in the division.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1332
February 10, 2023, 11:42:04 PM
Yeah, probably he doesn't want to take that risk and lost to Nonito in a world title bout and maybe this is what the camp advises him. Or what Bob Arum has been circulating around, he doesn't want to deal with Probellum, simply as that.

Donaire has face Gaballo, another Filipino for the title and he beat him with a knockout.

So we are not going to see this fight happens for now? I'm not updated on this news but i will just speculate that it is the camp of Moloney who opted out of this fight because from the start they are not keen on fight the Filipino Flash, maybe they are aware that their boy will loss to Nonito. I've even seen videos on Youtube that Moloney has called WBC to convince them to install him as the champion when Inoue vacated that belt.

Donaire vs Rodriguez will be a good one, at least we see our champ fights again.
According to the reports I have read there was never too much of a chance for this fight to happen as there are simply too many belts for the taking, so Moloney is going to take the less risky path, get himself a belt and then see how he can earn the most money that way, besides Moloney is younger so he could just wait until the physical capabilities of Donaire drop and then take an easier fight against him.
Activity: 2072
Merit: 542
February 10, 2023, 06:54:52 PM

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
February 10, 2023, 06:12:30 PM

Yes, the Donaire vs Moloney bout is already cancelled because the latter suddenly withdrew from the discussion. We don't know the reasons yet as both camps haven't disclosed some information regarding why their discussion has ceased but as per speculations, both camp did have an issue about the slice of the pie. Either camp isn't willing to receive less as in this bout, they are both equal. Now, Nonito Donaire and his camp is on a waiting game again.

that's what pride is. they will stick to what they want up until the event won't push thru. anyway, donaire should not wait any longer as he knows he's not getting any younger. for the next opponent who wants to challenge, just accept it. the purse split should be the secondary consideration. because if he will be picky, he maybe past his golden years anymore.

I do not think it is pride, I think Moloney thinks that he has no chance of winning against Donaire so he opt out of the fight.  There is a possibility that a fellow Filipino can be an opponent of  Donaire for the vacant title since there is some Filipinos who is on the top ranking and is eligible to fight for the vacant championship belt.  Whoever Donaire's opponent is, I agree that it should be scheduled asap since Donaire is not getting any younger.

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1152
February 10, 2023, 06:02:19 PM

Yes, the Donaire vs Moloney bout is already cancelled because the latter suddenly withdrew from the discussion. We don't know the reasons yet as both camps haven't disclosed some information regarding why their discussion has ceased but as per speculations, both camp did have an issue about the slice of the pie. Either camp isn't willing to receive less as in this bout, they are both equal. Now, Nonito Donaire and his camp is on a waiting game again.

that's what pride is. they will stick to what they want up until the event won't push thru. anyway, donaire should not wait any longer as he knows he's not getting any younger. for the next opponent who wants to challenge, just accept it. the purse split should be the secondary consideration. because if he will be picky, he maybe past his golden years anymore.

I do not think it is pride, I think Moloney thinks that he has no chance of winning against Donaire so he opt out of the fight.  There is a possibility that a fellow Filipino can be an opponent of  Donaire for the vacant title since there is some Filipinos who is on the top ranking and is eligible to fight for the vacant championship belt.  Whoever Donaire's opponent is, I agree that it should be scheduled asap since Donaire is not getting any younger.
legendary
Merit: 1144
February 10, 2023, 05:30:53 PM

Yes, I share the same mate. Nonito Donaire should've processed the situation thoroughly because the time is not on his side anymore and he needed to have a dance partner to have the chance of being a champion once again. Their camp should just agree to have the 40% slice of the pie because their first and foremost goal this time is not to make money and that is to be a champion again before considering a retirement to have a good exit.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 517
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 09, 2023, 10:40:33 PM
For sure whatever happens in the next fight of Donaire, all his decision will be based on that. Whether we want to continue despite a loss, but a win will automatically make him defend that belt.
I don't think it's a good idea to continue if he lose, maybe that depends on how he lose in the fight, if it was a close one and he is not convince that he lose, then most likely he will look for another fight, however, will the promoter still be interested in giving him the fight considering his ranking will drop after another lose?
legendary
Merit: 1353
February 09, 2023, 10:09:04 PM
Now they are waiting a new opponent who will fight Nonito Donaire. For me it's a bad news when we heard about the fight with Jason moloney and Nonito Donaire we all know that how we expected for this fight because of their performance who actually for sure brings us a good and a toe to toe fight but when They canceled then for now we will wait if who will be the next opponent of nonito donaire.
It was news that disappointed everyone including you and me. But there is nothing we can do about it if they don't agree to fight together even if it was an order to them.
Those who have been monitoring the possible match-up for Donaire, do you already have seen who's the next potential match after Moloney canceled it? How many are they're considering for this one slot?
There's nothing we can do but to wait for the news of the possible fight of Donaire. He is not a champion now but in a good ranking, so most likely he will find an opponent for that vacant belt left by Inoue. It was really a disappointment as we thought we will again see Donaire fight again, it could be a good test for him if he would still remain active or will just hang up his gloves.

Yes, for now his ranking, 2nd, is good enough for the WBC to make him as their boxer to fight for the belt that Inoue left. So regardless, he will be in the discussion for the belt again. Hopefully this is done this year, the WBC can't wait for their weight class to have no champion.

Activity: 2800
Merit: 344
when lambo...
February 09, 2023, 09:58:49 PM
Now they are waiting a new opponent who will fight Nonito Donaire. For me it's a bad news when we heard about the fight with Jason moloney and Nonito Donaire we all know that how we expected for this fight because of their performance who actually for sure brings us a good and a toe to toe fight but when They canceled then for now we will wait if who will be the next opponent of nonito donaire.
It was news that disappointed everyone including you and me. But there is nothing we can do about it if they don't agree to fight together even if it was an order to them.
Those who have been monitoring the possible match-up for Donaire, do you already have seen who's the next potential match after Moloney canceled it? How many are they're considering for this one slot?
There's nothing we can do but to wait for the news of the possible fight of Donaire. He is not a champion now but in a good ranking, so most likely he will find an opponent for that vacant belt left by Inoue. It was really a disappointment as we thought we will again see Donaire fight again, it could be a good test for him if he would still remain active or will just hang up his gloves.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 627
Vave.com - Crypto Casino
February 09, 2023, 06:22:30 PM
Activity: 1064
Merit: 343
Hhampuz is the best manager
February 09, 2023, 11:34:00 AM

legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
February 09, 2023, 08:12:26 AM
Earlier, Moloney and his team were excited to face Donaire and hoped to bring the fight to Australia. Things changed though when Moloney's promoter Bob Arum said that he do not want to deal with Donaire's promoter Probellum due to its connections with the Irish crimelord Daniel Kinahan. Personally, I am doubtful about Arum's alibi. Maybe Arum just wanted an easier opponent for Moloney.
Exactly, because they should have not made an announcement that they'll fight Inoue if they know that fact in the first place. I mean, the decision of Moloney's camp is still up to the approval of their promoter, so they'll not say anything that they'll cancel in the end, it's just not good for their reputation.

Bob Arum is good in looking for easy opponent of his fighter, you know, he wants to make them a cash cow so that money will continue to flow.

Nothing to say about Bob Arum, he's really good in picking his champ's opponent, a cash cow that will bring  him more money fight.
If they negotiate this fight, for sure Arum  see money  that their camp  might  be earning.
But it might be another thing that  Arum see that's why he change the direction of this anticipated fight.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 517
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 09, 2023, 06:50:01 AM
Earlier, Moloney and his team were excited to face Donaire and hoped to bring the fight to Australia. Things changed though when Moloney's promoter Bob Arum said that he do not want to deal with Donaire's promoter Probellum due to its connections with the Irish crimelord Daniel Kinahan. Personally, I am doubtful about Arum's alibi. Maybe Arum just wanted an easier opponent for Moloney.
Exactly, because they should have not made an announcement that they'll fight Inoue if they know that fact in the first place. I mean, the decision of Moloney's camp is still up to the approval of their promoter, so they'll not say anything that they'll cancel in the end, it's just not good for their reputation.

Bob Arum is good in looking for easy opponent of his fighter, you know, he wants to make them a cash cow so that money will continue to flow.
Pages:
Jump to: