Pages:
Author

Topic: [BOXING]: RYAN GARCIA vs EMMANUEL TAGOE - April 9 - page 17. (Read 2147 times)

Activity: 2870
Merit: 594
Ryan Garcia talking about his split with long time trainer Eddy Reynoso:

“Eddy didn’t have the time to work 100%. He’s a very busy trainer, and I understand,” Garcia told ESNews. “Sometimes you have to make your change for the better. It’s nothing against him. He’s a good trainer. I won five fights with him by knockout, so there’s nothing wrong. I’m going to another level, and I need a full-on, 100% [trainer]. It was never bad blood. It was about dedication and time, you know?”

https://www.boxingscene.com/ryan-garcia-opens-up-about-split-from-reynoso-he-time-work-100--164252

What's your take on this? He said that Eddy doesn't have time for him.

But on the other hand, Canelo himself criticized Garcia in public saying that Ryan doesn't not give everything in training.
We really don't know what the true story is, maybe Canelo is telling the truth here because he have seen Ryan grow. On the other hand, Eddy has so many stable of boxers to train, he has Oscar Valdez who is fighting Stevenson next. And now Ryan enters the picture, so Eddy doesn't have time to train Ryan 100%. So it's only right that Ryan hire someone that can train him for his upcoming fight because it's only a big one as this is a comeback fight for him.

As the saying goes "don't fix it if ain't broke", Garcia and Reynoso has a good relationship. They have been winning 5 times already all with knock out. But when Canelo goes to the public and expose his training ethics, he suddenly bolted out and move to other trainers? I think Reynoso gives time to his boxers because if not then they are not going to win, like him, Canelo and Oscar Valdez and other up and coming fighters.
Maybe this is part of Garcia's mental problem, and perhaps he and Reynoso despite winning fights has somewhat in a disconnect. So Ryan decided to go back against to Goosen, his previous trainer. This might not sound good to Canelo and Reynoso but they can't force themselves to Ryan. So if Ryan win then good for him, but if he losses this fight against a cherry pick fighter then he will be criticized for switching trainers.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

But Ryan Garcia is very young at 23. Although his period of inactivity could have taken a toll somehow in his abilities, we could say that it can hardly make a dent in his athleticism and dexterity. Every time I watch Ryan Garcia fight, I am always excited. He is full of energy. He could hit you and chase you all throughout the round. You couldn't take a rest when the fighter in front of you is Ryan Garcia. He is simply full of life.

We will see how Tagoe prepares for such a youthful and powerful opponent. I hope he could also deliver a brilliant fight himself.

No doubt Ryan is one brilliant fighter but it's taking him so long to get a legit title this year The Golden Boy promotion is planning to Deathroned Kambosos and beat Haney but we have seen this before they planned Ryan to face Haney then Tank but Haney and Tank have gone through a lot of great fights already and Ryan is on health vacation, I hope he is now ok and ready to take the road to greatness, he needs to fight tough names in boxing for him to move forward.

It will be a tough fight for Kambosos, not sure though if Ryan can get to him because it's either Loma or Haney that's being groom for George to fight next.

This will be a big test for Ryan even if he has all the advantage to knock out Tagoe, Emmanuel will really bring the fight to Ryan and tested if he can last 12 rounds.

Of course, Ryan Garcia has all the advantage this is a cherry-picked fight to geared him for big fights Dela Hoya wants Garcia to look good by pitting him to an unknown fighter, the worse thing that could happen is if backfired, let's admit Ryan Garcia is not a solid fighter he has a share of weakness and it will be further exposed if Tagoe plays a good fight, Tagoe is not an A fighter but his record is good.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353

But Ryan Garcia is very young at 23. Although his period of inactivity could have taken a toll somehow in his abilities, we could say that it can hardly make a dent in his athleticism and dexterity. Every time I watch Ryan Garcia fight, I am always excited. He is full of energy. He could hit you and chase you all throughout the round. You couldn't take a rest when the fighter in front of you is Ryan Garcia. He is simply full of life.

We will see how Tagoe prepares for such a youthful and powerful opponent. I hope he could also deliver a brilliant fight himself.

No doubt Ryan is one brilliant fighter but it's taking him so long to get a legit title this year The Golden Boy promotion is planning to Deathroned Kambosos and beat Haney but we have seen this before they planned Ryan to face Haney then Tank but Haney and Tank have gone through a lot of great fights already and Ryan is on health vacation, I hope he is now ok and ready to take the road to greatness, he needs to fight tough names in boxing for him to move forward.

It will be a tough fight for Kambosos, not sure though if Ryan can get to him because it's either Loma or Haney that's being groom for George to fight next.

This will be a big test for Ryan even if he has all the advantage to knock out Tagoe, Emmanuel will really bring the fight to Ryan and tested if he can last 12 rounds.
Activity: 2324
Merit: 175

Activity: 2366
Merit: 366

There's a possibility that an upset will happen, but just like what the odds are saying,  the chance is very slim because Ryan Garcia is a popular fighter, a champion while Tagoe is an unknown fighter who is only good on record but has not fought yet a legit champion in boxing.

Of course there is always that possibility. And there are probably sport bettors out there who are fond of betting on the heavy underdogs for a bigger prize, although I am not one of them. I'd rather weigh the two fighters and bet on the one who I think will win. Of course I would consider the odds right after. If the odds are like Ryan Garcia's in this fight, I wouldn't bet on ML.

This is Tagoe's break. He beats Ryan, there will be a lot of bigger opponents and larger paychecks. He has nothing to lose here so he should be going all in.

Yeah since this is a Physical sports like UFC which turn the table around with just one lucky punch but since this is boxing that way of attacking opponents i only through punching, I believe the chance for an upset match to well disciplined and good physical statsd fighter is very rare since Mayweather already prove a perfect boxing record on his career by just doing his perfect execution strategy and counter on all of his match. He never gets greedy in terms of knocking down his weak opponents.

Looking at Tagoe's knockout abilities, it is hard to rely on it for a possible upset. Tagoe has lower than 50% fight wins to knockout ratio. Of course it is still a possibility that Tagoe could come up with a strong blow that hits at the perfect time on the perfect spot on Ryan Garcia but it is a far possibility. In terms of going the distance with a unanimous decision upset, Ryan is untested. If I am not mistaken Ryan Garcia has not gone up to the 12th round. But the question is, does Tagoe have it to outpoint Ryan until the last round? 

That is what I want to see if indeed Ryan can still dance until the 12th round because he is not used to it, maybe in trainings and sparring he can endure but in a professional match like these, I don't know. Tagoe is unknown for a lot of us and we're just speculating on his records and KO rate which is much lower that Garcia's rate.

I won't deny that in this match I'm in-favor with Garcia but I'm also rooting that Tagoe will test Ryan and make him struggle until the end because he doesn't have a lot to lose if he's defeated but if Garcia will be defeated then the kid's career is over.

Activity: 3164
Merit: 660
Live with peace and enjoy life!

There's a possibility that an upset will happen, but just like what the odds are saying,  the chance is very slim because Ryan Garcia is a popular fighter, a champion while Tagoe is an unknown fighter who is only good on record but has not fought yet a legit champion in boxing.

Of course there is always that possibility. And there are probably sport bettors out there who are fond of betting on the heavy underdogs for a bigger prize, although I am not one of them. I'd rather weigh the two fighters and bet on the one who I think will win. Of course I would consider the odds right after. If the odds are like Ryan Garcia's in this fight, I wouldn't bet on ML.

This is Tagoe's break. He beats Ryan, there will be a lot of bigger opponents and larger paychecks. He has nothing to lose here so he should be going all in.

Yeah since this is a Physical sports like UFC which turn the table around with just one lucky punch but since this is boxing that way of attacking opponents i only through punching, I believe the chance for an upset match to well disciplined and good physical statsd fighter is very rare since Mayweather already prove a perfect boxing record on his career by just doing his perfect execution strategy and counter on all of his match. He never gets greedy in terms of knocking down his weak opponents.

Looking at Tagoe's knockout abilities, it is hard to rely on it for a possible upset. Tagoe has lower than 50% fight wins to knockout ratio. Of course it is still a possibility that Tagoe could come up with a strong blow that hits at the perfect time on the perfect spot on Ryan Garcia but it is a far possibility. In terms of going the distance with a unanimous decision upset, Ryan is untested. If I am not mistaken Ryan Garcia has not gone up to the 12th round. But the question is, does Tagoe have it to outpoint Ryan until the last round? 

That is what I want to see if indeed Ryan can still dance until the 12th round because he is not used to it, maybe in trainings and sparring he can endure but in a professional match like these, I don't know. Tagoe is unknown for a lot of us and we're just speculating on his records and KO rate which is much lower that Garcia's rate.

I won't deny that in this match I'm in-favor with Garcia but I'm also rooting that Tagoe will test Ryan and make him struggle until the end because he doesn't have a lot to lose if he's defeated but if Garcia will be defeated then the kid's career is over.
Activity: 2660
Merit: 551

“Eddy didn’t have the time to work 100%. He’s a very busy trainer, and I understand,” Garcia told ESNews. “Sometimes you have to make your change for the better. It’s nothing against him. He’s a good trainer. I won five fights with him by knockout, so there’s nothing wrong. I’m going to another level, and I need a full-on, 100% [trainer]. It was never bad blood. It was about dedication and time, you know?”

https://www.boxingscene.com/ryan-garcia-opens-up-about-split-from-reynoso-he-time-work-100--164252

But on the other hand, Canelo himself criticized Garcia in public saying that Ryan doesn't not give everything in training.
We really don't know what the true story is, maybe Canelo is telling the truth here because he have seen Ryan grow. On the other hand, Eddy has so many stable of boxers to train, he has Oscar Valdez who is fighting Stevenson next. And now Ryan enters the picture, so Eddy doesn't have time to train Ryan 100%. So it's only right that Ryan hire someone that can train him for his upcoming fight because it's only a big one as this is a comeback fight for him.

As the saying goes "don't fix it if ain't broke", Garcia and Reynoso has a good relationship. They have been winning 5 times already all with knock out. But when Canelo goes to the public and expose his training ethics, he suddenly bolted out and move to other trainers? I think Reynoso gives time to his boxers because if not then they are not going to win, like him, Canelo and Oscar Valdez and other up and coming fighters.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 594

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Ryan Garcia‘s comeback trail starts against Emmanuel Tagoe on April 9 at the Alamodome in San Antonio, according to promoter Oscar De La Hoya.

Yes agreeably that Ryan is young and has enough stamina to see him through a fight, but what need to consider is if he can be tactical enough to beat the likes of Tagoe Emmanuel.
  Citing his last game with Luke Campbell, when it looked like he was going to get the beating of his life, turned the game around and winning by a K.O. Although has an unbeaten record of 21 wins in 21 games, I still have my doubt that he would win Tagoe.
  Tagoe who is a lightweight champion and has 32 wins to his name out of 33 games is sure to give Ryan a run for his money, despite the age gap. I'm rooting for Emmanuel to win the game 😏

Last year, Ryan Garcia managed to defeat Luke Campbell via TKO. Now, the rising strar Ryan Garcia is set to face Emmanuel Tagoe in a lightweight match. This will served as an interim fight before and if he (Garcia) will succeed then he gets to fight and challenge the undisputed lightweight champion George Kambosos Jr.

I have no doubts that Ryan Garcia will again win via KO or TKO in the first few rounds against the Ghanaian boxer Emmanuel Tagoe.

[/quote
Agreeably, Ryan is good. Good speed, stamina and a record winning of 21 out of 21 games fought, but I beg to ask the question, can he be a match for Emmanuel? His game with Luke Campbell proved to work in his favor after collecting massives hits but still turned the tables in his favor.
 Emmanuel Tagoe on the othed hand, is a man who has seen challenges and managed to still come out winning 32 of his 33 games defeating Mason Menard in the last game.
 He has the skill set capable of making him a bitter enemy not minding his age. I root for Emmanuel winning the game tho.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 554
🇵🇭

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655

Activity: 2184
Merit: 585
You own the pen
Yeah this is true, there's nothing to be worried by Tagoe. If he win he will get many opportunity and if he lose, it doesn't have so much impact with his previous record. While if Garcia lose in this fight, his career will be ruined. He just known as potential young and undefeated boxer, but he only fought with unknown boxer.

I think throwing few dollars to bet Tagoe isn't wrong, but yeah there's a huge risk betting him.

If he doesn't put his very best to win this fight Garcia might regret it because Tagoe is putting everything here to win this fight. Well, sometimes hard work will be paid off once you gonna fight with a slow boxer but you have it on the contrary especially with Ryan Garcia because he is just past and you need a slowmo to see which punch knocked out his opponent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMv5h4mOqQI&ab_channel=DAZNBoxing

You can watch it there.

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1187
DGbet.fun - Crypto Sportsbook
Yeah this is true, there's nothing to be worried by Tagoe. If he win he will get many opportunity and if he lose, it doesn't have so much impact with his previous record. While if Garcia lose in this fight, his career will be ruined. He just known as potential young and undefeated boxer, but he only fought with unknown boxer.

I think throwing few dollars to bet Tagoe isn't wrong, but yeah there's a huge risk betting him.
So here are the odds as per sportsbet.io

Ryan Garcia - 1.08
Emmanuel Tagoe - 6.60

So there is a huge gap as far as the odds goes. And it seems that Ryan Garcia is a sure win to win this fight.

No other betting options available though, might be better to bet on which exact rounds will Garcia will win, or the range of rounds.

There will surely be more betting options available in the coming days. For now, the opening odds are limited to money line betting. I also checked the odds days ago and they are quite discouraging. Although I could place a minimum bet for Tagoe for the sake of the high return but I really doubt he could defeat Ryan. But who knows what effects Ryan Garcia's more than one year of inactivity has to his boxing power and skills? Somebody might think it is worth the risk. For me, I'd rather wait for more options.

For a long shot, a Tagoe bet will be really be attractive, maybe he could upset Garcia. But as you have said, this is Ryan's comeback fight so for sure he wants us to be impressed with him again so I doubt that he will allow an upset from a relatively unknown fighter. So as I have said, for us who are not a whale but smart bettor, we will rather wait for other options so that we can get bang for our money. And if ever we lose it's not that huge amount.

Activity: 2660
Merit: 551

33 years is not that old, as long as Tagoe has the skill, he can certainly match Garcia's speed and power. Unfortunately, since I don't see him had a big fight in the past, I cannot say that he has a good chance of beating Garcia, so I'm sure he will be a heavy underdog in this particular fight.

I also don't think age is big factor in this fight as 33 is still a good age for boxing. The real issue is that EMMANUEL TAGOE is quite and is having some mental haelth issues that can turn the table towards RYAN GARCIA. Also RYAN GARCIA is rated at number 5 by The Ring in 135 pounds category. 

Being quiet doesn't mean he has a mental issue, maybe he just wants to do his talking in the ring that's why instead of talking a lot, he trains hard as he knows Ryan Garcia is a tough opponent and if he will win, it will be his ticket to bigger fights.

As far as I know, it is Ryan who admitted that he had mental issues:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10027201-boxer-ryan-garcia-opens-up-about-dealing-with-depression-suicidal-thoughts

Tagoe is not well know that's why there is no media coverage or following for him. Yeah, maybe he is not comfortable going to the media and would rather stay off the radar before the actual fights. And it could be that he is really focus to pull the one of the biggest upset in boxing this 2022.

Yes, I remember about the mental health issues that were discussed before. But I think, boxing is the savior of Garcia to walk in the right path again and discard those suicidal thoughts. If he will not live up according to others' expectations and just do his best for himself, he won't be stressed by what needs to be done. Ryan Garcia is more popular over Tagoe, so the boxing fans are mostly rooting for him. And no doubt, even sportsbooks will favor on this match.

I might say that the pandemic really bring the worst of many individuals regardless if you are a sport athlete or not. The good news is that Garcia has overcome his thoughts and emotions and now back in the boxing ring to prove himself again. Garcia is favored by sport books because he is young and undefeated and a champion. But he needs to train harder and not underestimate Tagoe in their fight.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1884
Verified Bitcoin Hodler
I can't believed that Garcia has choosen Joe Goosen as his trainer for this fight. I mean he has been with Eddy Reynoso, the trainer of Canelo Alvarez and it seems he is doing good for Ryan and Alvarez and Garcia is very close.

That's why I was surprised to see Canelo criticizing Garcia at one point. Maybe he already severed his tie with Reynoso or if this is just a one time trainer with Goosen.

There should be no bitterness or something related to that. Everything changes or unexpected things really happened. Regardless of the history or issues with the trainer, the important part is, if they will be a big help to those who hired their service.

Ryan Garcia, whatever the reason he made that selection should not be a problem.

Let's see at some point if their tandem will make Ryan a much better fighter.

I didn't say though that there is bitterness from Ryan Garcia, I'm just surprised by the move and then seeing Canelo going into public and saying things against Garcia might have been the trigger point.

@Kasabus - yeah, for sure this will be a test for Garcia, but I don't think that the rounds an be extended. I'm seeing Garcia maybe winning by less than 8 rounds?

I could support your claim that of Garcia winning by less than 8 rounds, however I think it might be cutting it tight, seeing as you are underestimating Emmanuel Tagoe by quite a lot.

And as to bitterness, I would claim that there is always a certain bitterness in the air, as this fight as any fight always has a certain amount of personal feelings. Especially with the trainer history as it is.

In fact, hiring the trainer might have been motivated by personal feelings if anything.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 904

33 years is not that old, as long as Tagoe has the skill, he can certainly match Garcia's speed and power. Unfortunately, since I don't see him had a big fight in the past, I cannot say that he has a good chance of beating Garcia, so I'm sure he will be a heavy underdog in this particular fight.

I also don't think age is big factor in this fight as 33 is still a good age for boxing. The real issue is that EMMANUEL TAGOE is quite and is having some mental haelth issues that can turn the table towards RYAN GARCIA. Also RYAN GARCIA is rated at number 5 by The Ring in 135 pounds category.  

Being quiet doesn't mean he has a mental issue, maybe he just wants to do his talking in the ring that's why instead of talking a lot, he trains hard as he knows Ryan Garcia is a tough opponent and if he will win, it will be his ticket to bigger fights.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10027201-boxer-ryan-garcia-opens-up-about-dealing-with-depression-suicidal-thoughts

Tagoe is not well know that's why there is no media coverage or following for him. Yeah, maybe he is not comfortable going to the media and would rather stay off the radar before the actual fights. And it could be that he is really focus to pull the one of the biggest upset in boxing this 2022.

I hope he is good now and he is on his way to full recovery, and the support system that he talked about is really strong, like what I said he is not yet in his full potential with a good guide and fighting opponents that can challenge him he can attain great things once he gets those big fights and he overcomes these big fights he is on his way to full recovery because the depression caused is not attaining the individual's potential

Ryan Garcia seem to be healthy when he fought in the ring, but admitting he has a mental issue, that's very brave of him and I hope that he will be able to fully recover because the mental issue is a bigger enemy than a physical issue. With good mental health, he will be able to focus in the fight, and of course he can achieve his dream in boxing.
Activity: 2982
Merit: 597
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

I hope he is good now and he is on his way to full recovery, and the support system that he talked about is really strong, like what I said he is not yet in his full potential with a good guide and fighting opponents that can challenge him he can attain great things once he gets those big fights and he overcomes these big fights he is on his way to full recovery because the depression caused is not attaining the individual's potential
Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

Yes, I remember about the mental health issues that were discussed before. But I think, boxing is the savior of Garcia to walk in the right path again and discard those suicidal thoughts. If he will not live up according to others' expectations and just do his best for himself, he won't be stressed by what needs to be done. Ryan Garcia is more popular over Tagoe, so the boxing fans are mostly rooting for him. And no doubt, even sportsbooks will favor on this match.
Pages:
Jump to: