Pages:
Author

Topic: [Boxing] Ryan Garcia vs Oscar Duarte (December 2) - page 6. (Read 1089 times)

Activity: 1582
Merit: 514
It's less than 2 weeks already and we'll see if Ryan Garcia has improved since joining Derrick James. But still, it is hard to make this fight a basis if Ryan is ready for a title fight because Duarte is only a 135-fighter. Sometimes it is sad when Ryan complains as to how Davis made him drop in weight and not fight his confident weight. But here he is exploiting a 135 fighter to move up in weight. So this time, I am hoping the underdog to score an upset. Ryan has already been dropped after getting hit in the chin and was stopped by a body shot so somehow Duarte has a clue on how things should be done. But it won't be easy since Ryan is fighting in his comfortable weight so he will definitely come out strong and Duarte might appear slower and needs to acclimatize due to the added weight which he is not used to.

Ryan was the good boxer compared with Oscar from their past game history.But we can't sure the history will be repeated again,So we may have a match to the Oscar.But the skilled person like the Ryan can't be beated with the less skills.The Oscar should check the previous game of the Ryan and do improve of the skills basd on the previous game.Even though the boxer keep increase of the new skills,the weakness will survive for the longer period.The boxer will  increase or decrease of the weight based on the game and the title.Mostly the boxer will reduce their weight to play for the title of the less weight boxer.If the boxer want to play the game of more weight compared to his weight,it's not easy for the gambler to win after increased weight.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 546
First he really need to win this one and so his name will be in the ranking. And with that, and with Ryan's popularity, he can make a fight and go for the belt for either or anyone that has the current belt. Going to be a win-win for them as the money that Ryan can bring in the table is potentially huge.

These sanctioning bodies are pretty sure happy if Garcia wins and provides him a high ranking right away even if his opponent is a 135 fighter. The most corrupt ones, the WBA and WBC might even make Ryan mandatory to their champions. The champions will be happy as well to give all these popular fighters title shots since the money will be big. But the real question is, are these popular fighters ready to fight for the titles or they're just hyping themselves to their fans to buy their fights? Tank Davis for example has already campaigned at 135 for years yet until now he seems scared to face the champions. Can't blame him though since he is earning well. And against the current champions who are very technical fighters, Shakur and Haney, he might hit nothing but air and then get schooled in boring 12-round fights.

WBC mate, under the Sulaiman, they have been in control of this organization since the 80's if I'm not mistaken and then they started this whole new belt era by creating a lot of them, regular champion, diamond champion and others, Lol.

Definitely, when they have Manny as their champion they were very happy as Pacquiao is the cash cow then and so he was bringing a lot of money to them and to all people around. So it will make sense that if they want to continue, they will ride on the hype of the likes of Garcia or Tank Davis and maybe invent a new belt just for this guys to be on the WBC organization.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
First he really need to win this one and so his name will be in the ranking. And with that, and with Ryan's popularity, he can make a fight and go for the belt for either or anyone that has the current belt. Going to be a win-win for them as the money that Ryan can bring in the table is potentially huge.

These sanctioning bodies are pretty sure happy if Garcia wins and provides him a high ranking right away even if his opponent is a 135 fighter. The most corrupt ones, the WBA and WBC might even make Ryan mandatory to their champions. The champions will be happy as well to give all these popular fighters title shots since the money will be big. But the real question is, are these popular fighters ready to fight for the titles or they're just hyping themselves to their fans to buy their fights? Tank Davis for example has already campaigned at 135 for years yet until now he seems scared to face the champions. Can't blame him though since he is earning well. And against the current champions who are very technical fighters, Shakur and Haney, he might hit nothing but air and then get schooled in boring 12-round fights.

Yeah, I think Tank Davis is one classic example in the 4 belt era, all hype but what he got? None, just a paper belt if I'm not mistaken. Haney on the other hand beat Kambosos and then unify it. Although as fans, Haney is a bit boring to us, but in terms of accomplishment, he has done so many at his young age.

Only if Ryan has that mentality though, he has the charisma and the charm and all of that. But he lacks the biggest factor of them all, his mentality. And true enough, Canelo and Reynoso has said this about Ryan and it just coming into the picture now that the problem is not their camp or Ryan saying that Reynoso doesn't have the time for him, but his attitude, it seems that he doesn't want to full 9 yards to become a champion.
Activity: 2072
Merit: 542

You've got a point there bro, those sanctioning bodies are more than willing to put Garcia as their mandatory if ever he won. But i don't think that Garcia will have an easy task dethroning those champions as he has not proven anything yet, might be that they will fight Garcia just for the money as the latter have more fans in social media than any boxers in the 140 lbs division.
Activity: 1778
Merit: 598
The Martian Child

Activity: 2870
Merit: 594
It's less than 2 weeks already and we'll see if Ryan Garcia has improved since joining Derrick James. But still, it is hard to make this fight a basis if Ryan is ready for a title fight because Duarte is only a 135-fighter. Sometimes it is sad when Ryan complains as to how Davis made him drop in weight and not fight his confident weight. But here he is exploiting a 135 fighter to move up in weight. So this time, I am hoping the underdog to score an upset. Ryan has already been dropped after getting hit in the chin and was stopped by a body shot so somehow Duarte has a clue on how things should be done. But it won't be easy since Ryan is fighting in his comfortable weight so he will definitely come out strong and Duarte might appear slower and needs to acclimatize due to the added weight which he is not used to.

Lol, this is what boxing nowadays offers to its fans. If Garcia couldn't knockout this 135-fighter in Duarte then I think he is a bum who gets his hype through social media. As I've said in my previous post that Duarte is a cherry-picked opponent to somehow make Garcia look good on his comeback fight after that devastating loss to Tank Davis. The pressure is on him to KO or at least give a very impressive 12-round fight.

I hope Garcia's got the winning formula this time because if he stumbles in this fight, he might have to grind through more bouts before he can snatch a convincing victory and revive the hype. Gotta keep in mind, the Garcia vs. Davis showdown was a massive PPV hit. It'd be a bummer if Garcia's next big bout tanks in terms of PPV views.
He's always have that winning formula, I mean it was his first lost against a very tough Tank Davis, and as we have seen, he seems to be weight drain, before and after the fight (rehydration clause). So it make sense to move up to jr welterweight as his body is maturing. And I think even at 140 lbs, he looks to be small and he could go up as high as 147 lbs., but let's not get ahead of our selves for Ryan.

Lol, this is what boxing nowadays offers to its fans. If Garcia couldn't knockout this 135-fighter in Duarte then I think he is a bum who gets his hype through social media. As I've said in my previous post that Duarte is a cherry-picked opponent to somehow make Garcia look good on his comeback fight after that devastating loss to Tank Davis. The pressure is on him to KO or at least give a very impressive 12-round fight.

I hope Garcia's got the winning formula this time because if he stumbles in this fight, he might have to grind through more bouts before he can snatch a convincing victory and revive the hype. Gotta keep in mind, the Garcia vs. Davis showdown was a massive PPV hit. It'd be a bummer if Garcia's next big bout tanks in terms of PPV views.

It was a massive hit, yeah, but it takes two to tango as they say, there was really a big hype that time as Garcia has been calling Tank Davis for years before they where able to get him to fight him, but he was in a massive disadvantage as Tank put a lot of pressure on him like the rehydration clause. And sure it did as he lost that fight.

So this is his comeback fight for Ryan Garcia, and hopefully he can get passed Duarte so that he can go and fight most of his contemporaries that move in this division like Teofimo Lopez and Devin Haney. But if he lost to a unknown fighter in Duarte, it might take some time for him to bounce back.
Activity: 2338
Merit: 338

Activity: 1778
Merit: 598
The Martian Child
Activity: 1344
Merit: 540
So yes, he is talking about becoming a PPV stars, and we can't deny it as him and Tank did the most PPV numbers for this year so far If I'm not mistaken. So this fight will be again another testament if Ryan can bring fans to watch his fight and still make a good money if his dance partner is not well known.

Just unfair though that this podcast host says that Tank is not a star and in their fight, it was Ryan who carry it. But I believed otherwise, both of them are PPV stars and that's why the numbers is showing to us with that 1.2 million PPV buys.

Sorry to say that in order to have good PPV buys, you need to have a good dance partner so this might be the reason why they chose Duarte because in paper, he is good but remains to be seen in reality if indeed he can bring the fight to Ryan Garcia and entertain the fans. For this fight alone, i don't think that it could get a quarter of that 1.2 million PPV when Garcia fought Tank Davis. For some, they will see this fight as a tune-up or a bounce-back fight after that devastating loss to the Tank.

The fight will be in less than two weeks from now and there is not much movement on the odds, still Ryan Garcia is the favorite to win and bookies predicts that he would KO Duarte.

Yes, and that's what I'm trying to say, Davis and Ryan really brought everything in their fights, and that's why they have the PPV records for this year. So it's 50/50 for them but not sure what percentage did Ryan get from that PPV.

Hopefully that will be the case, Ryan winning by KO and then the whole boxing community is going to be hype again for him and dreaming of Ryan fighting the best at 140 lbs, specially Teo Lopez. This is the fight that I want to see as Teo has one belt and both of them are trash talker.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1775
Oscar Duarte has an impressive record of 26-1-1, with 21 of his opponents got KOed so i think he is a live opponent for Garcia.
I've seen a lot of responses about boxing between Ryan Garcia vs. Oscar Duarte, which will take place next December, some people want Ryan to win this fight, even though he has stopped boxing, but he had a mixed response from some circles of boxing fans.

But for me personally and in my opinion, boxing this time is against Ryan Garcia vs. Oscar Duarte, this is a dangerous opponent for Ryan. I have seen a lot of how Oscar plays his boxing style in the ring, I think Ryan has chosen the wrong opponent, I think the end of the match made Ryan's camp regret that they chose Oscar as their opponent.

In my opinion, Ryan should be met first with a boxer who is his equal, not directly against Oscar. I think Ryan needs to feel confident and rebuild after experiencing a knockout.
legendary
Activity: 3150
Merit: 1148

this is by no means a cherry pick for garcia as duarte's record is impressive. so yeah, maybe, garcia's camp wants to test his strength to a KO artist. if garcia can pull it off, maybe, they can get a bigger name on the table.
the preparation is only a month. garcia is still the favourite here. but if you fancy an upset, well, you can pick duarte here.

They really not playing around by picking a kind of opponent like Duarte because this is a decent fight between these two. Also, it's hard to predict who will gonna win this fight because to pull an upset for someone who has just tasted his first loss seems impossible unless Garcia has lost his confidence and cannot get up and move on from that loss anymore. Nevertheless, it's nice to see Garcia back in action and this will undoubtedly be a fight that most boxing fans want to see, they wanna see how is Garcia doing after that loss against Tank Davis.

Garcia can't be a zero loss undisputed he already has a loss so what else is there to be afraid of, just fight someone who is bigger if possible to fight a champ in the upper weight class. But Duarte isn't as tough as he is so to me, this is still a cherry picking imo. Duarte is not a top 5 fighter, not sure if there is a fight of him that a boxing fan can remember unless he follows Duarte for some reason.

Duarte is ranked at number 9 in the WBO Lightweight division. This alone indicates that he may not be considered a top-tier boxer just yet. However, what likely impresses fans is his impressive boxing record. Currently, he has 26 wins, with an impressive 21 of those coming from knockouts. Also, let us not forget that he remains undefeated as well.

Check his record https://boxrec.com/en/box-pro/671857
Activity: 2870
Merit: 612
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

this is by no means a cherry pick for garcia as duarte's record is impressive. so yeah, maybe, garcia's camp wants to test his strength to a KO artist. if garcia can pull it off, maybe, they can get a bigger name on the table.
the preparation is only a month. garcia is still the favourite here. but if you fancy an upset, well, you can pick duarte here.

They really not playing around by picking a kind of opponent like Duarte because this is a decent fight between these two. Also, it's hard to predict who will gonna win this fight because to pull an upset for someone who has just tasted his first loss seems impossible unless Garcia has lost his confidence and cannot get up and move on from that loss anymore. Nevertheless, it's nice to see Garcia back in action and this will undoubtedly be a fight that most boxing fans want to see, they wanna see how is Garcia doing after that loss against Tank Davis.

Garcia can't be a zero loss undisputed he already has a loss so what else is there to be afraid of, just fight someone who is bigger if possible to fight a champ in the upper weight class. But Duarte isn't as tough as he is so to me, this is still a cherry picking imo. Duarte is not a top 5 fighter, not sure if there is a fight of him that a boxing fan can remember unless he follows Duarte for some reason.
Activity: 2338
Merit: 338

Let's say it's a 55/45 split, giving Garcia a slight edge in terms of chances. Duarte is undeniably a promising boxer, and I'm certain his camp sees this as a fast track to a bigger fight if he can best Garcia. Ideally, both fighters would approach the match with equal confidence, making for an interesting showdown. Garcia's favored status is mainly due to his impressive record before his loss to Tank Davis. However, if he takes another hit, the bookies might not show him the same respect in the future.
Activity: 2184
Merit: 585
You own the pen

So yes, he is talking about becoming a PPV stars, and we can't deny it as him and Tank did the most PPV numbers for this year so far If I'm not mistaken. So this fight will be again another testament if Ryan can bring fans to watch his fight and still make a good money if his dance partner is not well known.

Just unfair though that this podcast host says that Tank is not a star and in their fight, it was Ryan who carry it. But I believed otherwise, both of them are PPV stars and that's why the numbers is showing to us with that 1.2 million PPV buys.

Sorry to say that in order to have good PPV buys, you need to have a good dance partner so this might be the reason why they chose Duarte because in paper, he is good but remains to be seen in reality if indeed he can bring the fight to Ryan Garcia and entertain the fans. For this fight alone, i don't think that it could get a quarter of that 1.2 million PPV when Garcia fought Tank Davis. For some, they will see this fight as a tune-up or a bounce-back fight after that devastating loss to the Tank.

The fight will be in less than two weeks from now and there is not much movement on the odds, still Ryan Garcia is the favorite to win and bookies predicts that he would KO Duarte.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 540
^^ I mean that's how the stare down should happened though, this boxers doesn't want to show some sign of weakness and so the first one to break in the stare down will look weak and Ryan doesn't want that. Besides, he has a lot of experienced facing good boxers and knockout artist so he just want to impose his will in the beginning and get a psychological advantage.

But I do agree that this could be a great fight, we will see Rya bouncing back from that Tank's lost and he chooses a knockout artist in Duarte. Maybe he wanted to  really test himself again and specially with his new trainer in his side. So this is just the kick off presser and for sure Ryan being the social media king, might tweet something to start the trash talk.

Yes, they want to see if Ryan can still be as powerful in 140 lbs and they want to test him against a very tough opponent in Duarte. Fight is getting nearer, wanted to see how Ryan will promote it.

I have always been a star I never had the opportunity to show it due to my platform not doing PPV at the time.

I always knew that if I did a PPV it would do great and it did 1.2M PPV buys. I’m also aware enough that if you just put every fight on PPV you will do horrible number like 150k-200k losing your company money and robbing the fans and people who want to see you. Need to be selective.

https://twitter.com/RyanGarcia/status/1724808129706332315

I don't know much about Oscar Duarte but I think he is also atmost an average boxer and Garcia even with his poor Technics should be able to put him away with a strong left hook that connects well.
In paper he seems to be a good boxer, with a high percentage of knockouts. And I would compare him to Luke Campbell whom Ryan face before, good boxer and has a decent power and then Ryan was caught experiencing his first knock down. So I think in the beginning it will be very difficult for Ryan but once he got his rhythm and landed his left hook he could win by a KO.
This marks a new beginning for Ryan Garcia. His loss to Tank cannot linger in his mind; he should continue to work hard until he gets the opportunity to fight for a championship. It's not too late for him; many boxers have made comebacks after significant losses. To start, he needs to secure an impressive victory, and by that, I mean winning by knockout.

It would be quite interesting to read the story of him beating a KO artist with a KO. It's sure to capture the attention of fans, and they'll begin hyping up Ryan's name once more.

Definitely he has to move on, but there could be fighters that after a devasting lost, can't get over it. And we all know that Ryan has a history of mental breakdown, so this is going to be a big test for him, to see if he can forget about that lost of him and then still go forward in his career and continue and to become a world champion again.

However, it's hard to compare fight of him though, it's a different strategy as he will have a new coach for this fight. Maybe he will play defense or just uses more offense in this fight as he is also known to be a good knockout artist and he has one of the best looking left hook in the game right now. So he will for sure utilized this tools to try and go for a knockout against a KO artist.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 576
I don't know much about Oscar Duarte but I think he is also atmost an average boxer and Garcia even with his poor Technics should be able to put him away with a strong left hook that connects well.
In paper he seems to be a good boxer, with a high percentage of knockouts. And I would compare him to Luke Campbell whom Ryan face before, good boxer and has a decent power and then Ryan was caught experiencing his first knock down. So I think in the beginning it will be very difficult for Ryan but once he got his rhythm and landed his left hook he could win by a KO.
This marks a new beginning for Ryan Garcia. His loss to Tank cannot linger in his mind; he should continue to work hard until he gets the opportunity to fight for a championship. It's not too late for him; many boxers have made comebacks after significant losses. To start, he needs to secure an impressive victory, and by that, I mean winning by knockout.

It would be quite interesting to read the story of him beating a KO artist with a KO. It's sure to capture the attention of fans, and they'll begin hyping up Ryan's name once more.
Pages:
Jump to: