Pages:
Author

Topic: [Boxing] Tank Davis vs. Ryan Garcia betting and discussion (May, 2023) - page 44. (Read 7476 times)

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1292
Hhampuz for Campaign management
Usually though to be able to peak at the right time, boxers mostly needs 8 weeks hard preparation inside the ring and probably that will still be the target of his camp, so that his condition will be just about right.

But maybe the preparation will be more on mental for Ryan and so his team needs more time to swallow and understand how they will overcome this one as others said, Tank will be the favorite and so Ryan will need to be very determined to overcome Davis in their fight.

I very much agree! It will certainly be more on his mental preparation than physical! He is in his best possible conditioning in his life as a boxer. He needs this challenge to test himself in the ring!

Also, if everyone can remember, Ryan Garcia was a victim of depression and suicidal thoughts before his return to fight Emmanuel Tagoe. He also said that he needed psychiatric help. We do not want this to return before May or the fight might be cancelled or he might go out of the ring with a stretcher hehehehe.

The fact that he already came back in boxing, I believe that he was already able to conquer his problem, and with that said, I'm expecting him to be his best in this big fight. This  is by far the biggest fight of his career, Davis is a champion and even listed as a favorite against him, so this is a big challenge for him and I'm pretty sure he understand it that's why he skip the fight with Gesta to focus on this particular fight.

Or maybe he is just focusing on boxing to conquer his depression and other mental problems that will lead him in an unwanted situation, either way, I'm glad that he is looking sharp and back in business to face the heavy names. This maybe his first time but I know that he can do this properly because every champion was once a challenger too, so there's really a first time for everything. I just hope that there would be no problems along the way.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 517
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Usually though to be able to peak at the right time, boxers mostly needs 8 weeks hard preparation inside the ring and probably that will still be the target of his camp, so that his condition will be just about right.

But maybe the preparation will be more on mental for Ryan and so his team needs more time to swallow and understand how they will overcome this one as others said, Tank will be the favorite and so Ryan will need to be very determined to overcome Davis in their fight.

I very much agree! It will certainly be more on his mental preparation than physical! He is in his best possible conditioning in his life as a boxer. He needs this challenge to test himself in the ring!

Also, if everyone can remember, Ryan Garcia was a victim of depression and suicidal thoughts before his return to fight Emmanuel Tagoe. He also said that he needed psychiatric help. We do not want this to return before May or the fight might be cancelled or he might go out of the ring with a stretcher hehehehe.

The fact that he already came back in boxing, I believe that he was already able to conquer his problem, and with that said, I'm expecting him to be his best in this big fight. This  is by far the biggest fight of his career, Davis is a champion and even listed as a favorite against him, so this is a big challenge for him and I'm pretty sure he understand it that's why he skip the fight with Gesta to focus on this particular fight.
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440

Activity: 1344
Merit: 540
To those of you who criticize the fight cancellation vs. Gesta.

Ryan Garcia has made the correct decision, I reckon. If he was to continue the fight against Gesta and also has to have some of his attention on the superfight against Tank Davis on May, this will certainly be more added pressure that he does not need. Would fans still want King Ry vs. Tank if Ryan Garcia does not give a good performance against Gesta? What if he lost vs. Gesta? There is also risk of injury.

These are risks that Ryan should avoid. Similar argument to Tank also, he should cancel his fight against Hector Luis Garcia. He might injure his left hand again.

Pressure is not something that these boxers are unaware of, the moment they decided to be a professional boxer, they already know the situation they are in and that pressures will be always with them because people will always set a high bar and that is the risks of it. Also, if Ryan Garcia cannot even defeat Mercito Gesta then it would be a mismatch because it will be almost guaranteed that Ryan Garcia will lose the fight if he will go with Tank Davis afterward.

What he did might benefit his situation because his focus will be now undivided on Davis only but how about his readiness? He might be in for a surprise especially the fact that Ryan Garcia hasn't had any similar experience against a stronger boxer.

For me, Ryan has made the right decision to refuse the fight against Gesta. Tank Davis is such a hard opponent not just because of his record but because of his strength in the ring. He has an advantage when it comes to experience which will also be a big challenge to Ryan. He needs more preparation in facing him so his focus should be on hard training. Yes, he has fast hands but the experience will still an edge so this coming match will surely test his capability.

Activity: 1820
Merit: 537

Ryan Garcia has made the correct decision, I reckon. If he was to continue the fight against Gesta and also has to have some of his attention on the superfight against Tank Davis on May, this will certainly be more added pressure that he does not need. Would fans still want King Ry vs. Tank if Ryan Garcia does not give a good performance against Gesta? What if he lost vs. Gesta? There is also risk of injury.

These are risks that Ryan should avoid. Similar argument to Tank also, he should cancel his fight against Hector Luis Garcia. He might injure his left hand again.

Pressure is not something that these boxers are unaware of, the moment they decided to be a professional boxer, they already know the situation they are in and that pressures will be always with them because people will always set a high bar and that is the risks of it. Also, if Ryan Garcia cannot even defeat Mercito Gesta then it would be a mismatch because it will be almost guaranteed that Ryan Garcia will lose the fight if he will go with Tank Davis afterward.

What he did might benefit his situation because his focus will be now undivided on Davis only but how about his readiness? He might be in for a surprise especially the fact that Ryan Garcia hasn't had any similar experience against a stronger boxer.

For me, Ryan has made the right decision to refuse the fight against Gesta. Tank Davis is such a hard opponent not just because of his record but because of his strength in the ring. He has an advantage when it comes to experience which will also be a big challenge to Ryan. He needs more preparation in facing him so his focus should be on hard training. Yes, he has fast hands but the experience will still an edge so this coming match will surely test his capability.
legendary
With this upcoming fight of Davis, Garcia will see how prepared Davis is for their fight.
Garcia already ditched his supposedly fight with Gesta this coming month to focus on Davis.
Is it a good decision for Garcia or not? We will see if this will help when he faces with Davis.
He has a long break now from the boxing ring, so hopefully his decision is right.
If Davis will win on his upcoming fight, I believe, Garcia will be the underdog in their fight.

IMO it was a bad decision to cancel his tune-up fight with Mercito Gesta. It could be that the proposed fight schedule with Tank isn't giving Kingry enough time to recover if ever the Gesta fight turns difficult. But Kingry could've easily moved his fight with Tank by a month or 2. Kingry will be nearly a year inactive when he faces Tank. He cannot overtrain either so the focus thing is just bs. He is just lazy and is only looking for the big money, he seems ready to cash out in boxing. His former coach Eddie Reynoso and former stablemate Canelo Alvarez were right, he is slacking and is losing his motivation and dedication to establish his own legacy. His fight with Tank Davis is not even a championship fight.

That's what I thought as well, Ryan Garcia and his camp cannot handle the risks including the consequences if they will push through that tune-up fight. I reckon that it's not good to be labeled as a tune-up fight because Gesta is not the kind of boxer that will be defeated easily and just existed to be someone's stepping stone, he's much more greater than that and that's frankly one of the reasons why they cancelled the fight. So, hopefully, Ryan Garcia won't have any struggles because after almost 1 year, he will face the greatest foe in his career.

It will really be a big failure for Ryan's side if even in his planned tune-up fight, he loses against Gesta. This boxer is not well known but had made a good run in this sport which he could possibly throw a lucky punch knocking Ryan. My guess was that Ryan was pressured by what he'd been reading about him after the announcement of the tuneup fight against Gesta.

Just sparring I guess will work for him. Too bad for Gesta for not getting a big chance of grabbing a huge money pot.

If the reason alone is that Ryan Garcia was pressured and surprised after reading about Mercito Gesta and his capabilities, then that's already a huge failure in their part because they haven't done their own research to know if it will be risky for Ryan Garcia or not. Maybe they just thought that they have to find that specific boxer who moves a lot like Davis and is already on the end part of his career. After Ryan Garcia's decision, I think that shows a slight concern that he's not yet ready after all.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 674

Pressure is not something that these boxers are unaware of, the moment they decided to be a professional boxer, they already know the situation they are in and that pressures will be always with them because people will always set a high bar and that is the risks of it. Also, if Ryan Garcia cannot even defeat Mercito Gesta then it would be a mismatch because it will be almost guaranteed that Ryan Garcia will lost the fight if he will go with Tank Davis afterwards.

What he did might benefit his situation because his focus will be now undivided towards Davis only but how about his readiness? He might be in for a surprise especially the fact that Ryan Garcia haven't had any similar experience against stronger boxer.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 666

I don't criticize his decision as I believe it will only result to a mismatch fight.

Garcia should focus on his big fight and that's why he is doing right now, if Davis will have a tuneup fight, that's his decision but I'm pretty sure he will not be at risk of losing that fight because their fight against Garcia is already destine to happen.
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440

Activity: 1344
Merit: 540
With this upcoming fight of Davis, Garcia will see how prepared Davis is for their fight.
Garcia already ditched his supposedly fight with Gesta this coming month to focus on Davis.
Is it a good decision for Garcia or not? We will see if this will help when he faces with Davis.
He has a long break now from the boxing ring, so hopefully his decision is right.
If Davis will win on his upcoming fight, I believe, Garcia will be the underdog in their fight.

IMO it was a bad decision to cancel his tune-up fight with Mercito Gesta. It could be that the proposed fight schedule with Tank isn't giving Kingry enough time to recover if ever the Gesta fight turns difficult. But Kingry could've easily moved his fight with Tank by a month or 2. Kingry will be nearly a year inactive when he faces Tank. He cannot overtrain either so the focus thing is just bs. He is just lazy and is only looking for the big money, he seems ready to cash out in boxing. His former coach Eddie Reynoso and former stablemate Canelo Alvarez were right, he is slacking and is losing his motivation and dedication to establish his own legacy. His fight with Tank Davis is not even a championship fight.

That's what I thought as well, Ryan Garcia and his camp cannot handle the risks including the consequences if they will push through that tune-up fight. I reckon that it's not good to be labeled as a tune-up fight because Gesta is not the kind of boxer that will be defeated easily and just existed to be someone's stepping stone, he's much more greater than that and that's frankly one of the reasons why they cancelled the fight. So, hopefully, Ryan Garcia won't have any struggles because after almost 1 year, he will face the greatest foe in his career.

It will really be a big failure for Ryan's side if even in his planned tune-up fight, he loses against Gesta. This boxer is not well known but had made a good run in this sport which he could possibly throw a lucky punch knocking Ryan. My guess was that Ryan was pressured by what he'd been reading about him after the announcement of the tuneup fight against Gesta.

Just sparring I guess will work for him. Too bad for Gesta for not getting a big chance of grabbing a huge money pot.

Or get Gesta as a regular sparring partner then for Ryan Garcia? I think it's a good move on the part of Ryan's camp or then at least request Gesta to give him a good sparring, emulate the style of Anthony Davis and don't hold off on the punch.

Yeah, probably he was just pressured to look for a boxer as a tune up similar to what Tank Davis did, because after all, this is what they have agreed upon according to Ryan. But then again is not obliged to, so he just dropped his idea and would rather not take it.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 612

Activity: 2912
Merit: 674
That is the only big question on Ryan as he will have a almost a year break with no tune up in between fighting Tank Davis.

So it's could work against him, or the long break will give him more time to prepare mentally in this fight. He might have consulted his team before making the decision not to fight Gesta. But for mere speculators like us, he should take it this tune up, as nothing is best to prepare yourself by fighting inside because the biggest fight of his career.

Safe to say that Ryan Garcia was not alone in deciding not to transpire his upcoming fight with Mercito Gesta. We don't know what happened and why did they chose to take that path, and just decided to prepare straightly without having any tune-up fight that will suppose to benefit Ryan Garcia's situation before facing Gervonta Davis. In the end, we will likely know if their decision has indeed helped the situation or not.
legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 522
That is the only big question on Ryan as he will have a almost a year break with no tune up in between fighting Tank Davis.

So it's could work against him, or the long break will give him more time to prepare mentally in this fight. He might have consulted his team before making the decision not to fight Gesta. But for mere speculators like us, he should take it this tune up, as nothing is best to prepare yourself by fighting inside because the biggest fight of his career.
Activity: 2800
Merit: 344
when lambo...
I might find that an excuse, uncovering your fighting strategy, is not a good reason, though he might be exposed if he will fight Gesta, but it is
his obligation since he signs the contract.

Since Garcia had signed the contract will the boxing commission sanction Garcia?  I wonder how much money will Garcia need to pay for the penalty if he failed to show in the signed contract fight against Festa.

About the reason of being exposed, I think that is a good reason if he is able to surprise Davis and win the fight.  But if not then it is just a waste.

Still no update about the situation with the upcoming fight between Gesta and Garcia, only the statement of Garcia that spread around
the social channels that he's no longer interested in fighting Gesta.

Gesta's camp is still quiet I wonder what is Gesta's camp thinking right now.  The fight against Ryan Garcia as stated in the earlier reply is one of the biggest fight of Gesta and possible the one that can boost Gesta's career if he happen to win the fight.  I hope the boxing authority will push the fight since it was already signed.

Absolutely sure if that fight will happen Gesta vs Garcia then Gesta will take this as his advantage it because his name will became a popular once that fight will happen and it will boost his career as we all know who is Garcia he is one of the best fighter in boxing so without a doubt Gesta will became very known in many country and more known if he will win against Garcia. But for now maybe gesta and his team still thinking because they are very quite.
Gesta team are quite because they didn't expect that suddenly Garcia is not going to push through with this fight. Gesta has the perfect opportunity again to become popular if he somehow upsets Ryan Garcia here, but not going to happen anymore. And Gesta cannot do anything about Ryan's decision because he don't have control of the fight, as he is not the one who dictate it, he is just a b-side fighter here.

Yes, he missed that opportunity, eventually, he will retire soon because he is not getting any younger, so getting a big fight like against Ryan Garcia is very huge for him. Gesta is not a popular boxer, with a fight against Ryan Garcia, he will become popular if he can upset Garcia, but of course we know it will not happen.

Ryan though will have a 8 month break, so it's about him getting active and not let ring rust takes over him when he will fight Davis next year.
He knows how big his opponent is, it's not going to be an easy fight for him so preparation is necessary, and of course, Davis is also doing the same thing for sure.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 574
I might find that an excuse, uncovering your fighting strategy, is not a good reason, though he might be exposed if he will fight Gesta, but it is

Since Garcia had signed the contract will the boxing commission sanction Garcia?  I wonder how much money will Garcia need to pay for the penalty if he failed to show in the signed contract fight against Festa.

About the reason of being exposed, I think that is a good reason if he is able to surprise Davis and win the fight.  But if not then it is just a waste.

Still no update about the situation with the upcoming fight between Gesta and Garcia, only the statement of Garcia that spread around

Gesta's camp is still quiet I wonder what is Gesta's camp thinking right now.  The fight against Ryan Garcia as stated in the earlier reply is one of the biggest fight of Gesta and possible the one that can boost Gesta's career if he happen to win the fight.  I hope the boxing authority will push the fight since it was already signed.

Absolutely sure if that fight will happen Gesta vs Garcia then Gesta will take this as his advantage it because his name will became a popular once that fight will happen and it will boost his career as we all know who is Garcia he is one of the best fighter in boxing so without a doubt Gesta will became very known in many country and more known if he will win against Garcia. But for now maybe gesta and his team still thinking because they are very quite.
Gesta team are quite because they didn't expect that suddenly Garcia is not going to push through with this fight. Gesta has the perfect opportunity again to become popular if he somehow upsets Ryan Garcia here, but not going to happen anymore. And Gesta cannot do anything about Ryan's decision because he don't have control of the fight, as he is not the one who dictate it, he is just a b-side fighter here. Ryan though will have a 8 month break, so it's about him getting active and not let ring rust takes over him when he will fight Davis next year.

Activity: 1064
Merit: 343
Hhampuz is the best manager

Activity: 1372
Merit: 348

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
Even if Tank Davis won't have a tune-up fight, I reckon that he still will be the favorite from the sports bookies lists.

I might have an idea why Ryan Garcia and his camp didn't push through their own tune-up fight, this is just a wild guess and I might be wrong about this but I'm thinking that they are refraining from doing the fight before Ryan fight Davis so that he won't be that predictable especially after the fact that Mercito Gesta moves like Davis. So, somehow, it's like giving Tank's camp some idea how they will be dealing with Tank. Although, as much as it will be an advantage, it's also an advantage because it's a good chance for Ryan Garcia to practice with Gesta because he's like Tank already.

This might be the case and it makes sense.  Ryan Garcia is too confident that he can knock out Davis in two rounds so probably he has been preparing for some surprises.  The fight with Gesta might spoil it and get revealed so he(Garcia) opts not to fight this Jan. even though it was announced as a signed contract.  I wonder what is the reaction of Gesta about this backing out of Ryan Garcia.  I haven't read any article or heard about the reaction of Gesta.  The last thing I read is that Gesta is fully preparing for his fight against Ryan Garcia which is somehow impossible now.

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833
Even if Tank Davis won't have a tune-up fight, I reckon that he still will be the favorite from the sports bookies lists.

I might have an idea why Ryan Garcia and his camp didn't push through their own tune-up fight, this is just a wild guess and I might be wrong about this but I'm thinking that they are refraining from doing the fight before Ryan fight Davis so that he won't be that predictable especially after the fact that Mercito Gesta moves like Davis. So, somehow, it's like giving Tank's camp some idea how they will be dealing with Tank. Although, as much as it will be an advantage, it's also an advantage because it's a good chance for Ryan Garcia to practice with Gesta because he's like Tank already.

This might be the case and it makes sense.  Ryan Garcia is too confident that he can knock out Davis in two rounds so probably he has been preparing for some surprises.  The fight with Gesta might spoil it and get revealed so he(Garcia) opts not to fight this Jan. even though it was announced as a signed contract.  I wonder what is the reaction of Gesta about this backing out of Ryan Garcia.  I haven't read any article or heard about the reaction of Gesta.  The last thing I read is that Gesta is fully preparing for his fight against Ryan Garcia which is somehow impossible now.
He's like Romero before he fought Tank he is very confident that he can knock out Tank until he gets punched in the face, Ryan may have all the plans in the world to beat Tank but it will be thrown out the window once he tasted Tank's punches, he is to brazen he is not fighting a weak fighter this is the guy that keeps knocking out champions, I don't know why he is too confident of knocking out Tank in 2 rounds the guy has a good defense and is a good counter puncher.
I like the kind of mentality of Garcia, he is convincing himself that he can beat Tank Davis, but it's also necessary that he will not take him for granted, hard training is very important and hopefully, he will do good during the fight. I don't know who will win here because it's very obvious that it's a 50/50 fight although bookies listed Davis as a slight favorite.

Odds might put Davis as the slight favorite, but as you have said, this is not going to be easy for bettors because we think that it could be 50/50.

Both have the power to knockout each other out, both young and really wanted to prove something and gain the respect specially Ryan Garcia. So he just skip his tune up fight, (sorry Gesta) and will wait for Tank's fight in January before their May clash.

So he has time to think about and motivated and be confident that he can win against Tank.
Pages:
Jump to: