Pages:
Author

Topic: [BTB] The BitBar Information Thread - page 40. (Read 180272 times)

Activity: 183
Merit: 100
November 30, 2015, 10:54:29 AM
What an interesting development...

There are 3 different blockchains...

Cryptocoinexplorer

Mastermining

Ispace.co

Each are mining their own chain.

Cryptsy & Bter wallets down, yet trading resumes.

Apparently a new Dev taking over, 5mil, affiliated with cryptsy some how.

And Bitbar.co becoming a resource/home page.

I personally would like to 5mil to weigh in, let the community know any plans. I would hope that he/she would make it priority one getting the wallet back up at Cryptsy, and consolidating these rouge chains
legendary
Activity: 1294
Merit: 1039
November 29, 2015, 02:40:16 PM

A side question tho, would it be possible to send the coins from one wallet in fork to the other wallet in a different fork? Would it work or just lose the coins to the ether?

You would most likely loose those coins also.

I suggest not sending any coins at this time.
We are waiting for Cryptsy to finish with their BTB wallet maintenance, and to make sure everybody is in sync before transferring and BTB.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
November 29, 2015, 01:45:56 PM
Blockchain stuck at 141149 any help on getting past this? The blockchain itself seem to be moving and the gap between my wallet and the chain is starting to grow 😡
The block count now is at 141608
you can check our block explorer at http://btb.cryptocoinexplorer.com/

you can add these to you're config file:
addnode=173.65.129.85
addnode=144.76.91.109
addnode=167.160.36.162
addnode=btb.altcointech.net
addnode=63.231.13.66

but you may need to delete your blockchain data and resync:

close the bitbar wallet.
make a copy of your wallet.dat file in another directory (plus a copy on a thumb drive would be a very good idea)

delete everything EXCEPT wallet.dat and bitbar.conf from:
C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\BitBar

and start the wallet up to start downloading the chain.

Ok so I did all that and guess what? It worked yayy, however my coins are still unconfirmed, and I am wondering if they belong to the other fork? A side question tho, would it be possible to send the coins from one wallet in fork to the other wallet in a different fork? Would it work or just lose the coins to the ether?
legendary
November 28, 2015, 10:11:19 PM
Blockchain stuck at 141149 any help on getting past this? The blockchain itself seem to be moving and the gap between my wallet and the chain is starting to grow 😡
The block count now is at 141608
you can check our block explorer at http://btb.cryptocoinexplorer.com/

you can add these to you're config file:
addnode=173.65.129.85
addnode=144.76.91.109
addnode=167.160.36.162
addnode=btb.altcointech.net
addnode=63.231.13.66

but you may need to delete your blockchain data and resync:

close the bitbar wallet.
make a copy of your wallet.dat file in another directory (plus a copy on a thumb drive would be a very good idea)

delete everything EXCEPT wallet.dat and bitbar.conf from:
C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\BitBar

and start the wallet up to start downloading the chain.
November 28, 2015, 06:47:04 PM
legendary
November 27, 2015, 12:33:59 AM
So am I right in thinking there are 2 blockchains at the minute? It's seems so I have 2 wallets running (not at the same time have to close one to run the other) one wallet shows my coins in the wallet but not syncing, and the other saying my coins are unconfirmed but the the wallet is synced and upto date??? 😁😁😁 hope it gets resolved soon..... 👍🏻
Yes, the block chain forked around the first of October.
Cryptsy and ispace have been on a different fork then the one on our block explorer http://btb.cryptocoinexplorer.com/
Our dev, 5mil said cryptsy should be getting close to a resolution.
November 26, 2015, 08:02:24 PM
So am I right in thinking there are 2 blockchains at the minute? It's seems so I have 2 wallets running (not at the same time have to close one to run the other) one wallet shows my coins in the wallet but not syncing, and the other saying my coins are unconfirmed but the the wallet is synced and upto date??? 😁😁😁 hope it gets resolved soon..... 👍🏻
legendary
November 25, 2015, 09:04:46 PM
I have 49.7xxx BTB in the wallet. The largest transaction being 15.25xx BTB on 9.18.2015.(from Cryptsy) The rest are around 2 BTB or less each. (from mining @ masterming) So the 22 "stakes" for 0BTB and a total of 44 transactions. So I should send the total balance to myself so its one transaction and that should produce some BTB next time it stakes? Of course, do this, after the fork is figured out.. right?
Sounds right to me. I group together my Bottlecaps in 10k blocks - I heard it works best for caps.
I don't know what the best Bitbar block size would be for staking - I hope it's not 10k !!  Grin

The example I gave above shows a block size close to 10BTB will produce interest after 1 month.

We could speculate that a tx worth 3.33BTB might also skate interest after a 3 month period, but would need to experiment to find out.

So block size isn't that important as long as the output is above the .00999999 cut off/rounding  - at the current difficulty. humm..

Difficulty IS going to increase, which means larger than a 4-5 btb block size will be needed. hummm....

Its the reward that has to exceed 0.0099xx in order to be added to the output.

POS Difficulty is less than 0 right now, so low tx are creating blocks with no/rounded down to 0 rewards.

I mentioned varying 5% interest rate in an earlier post meaning as POS difficulty rises, that minimum transaction block that would generate a reward @ full maturity (90 days) may not immediately stake a block and reward having to compete with other stakeholders and an increasing difficulty.

It may indeed take another day, week, month ect. of being open and ready to stake before the block is produced if difficulty dictates, and thus interest would diminish according on the extra time beyond full maturity. (90 days)

I was thinking that the increased pos difficulty would yield a smaller reward, so if the staked block was to small, the reward would fall below the rounding cutoff, but that doesn't make sense now that I typed it. I will have to think about this, to see what I was thinking...
November 25, 2015, 08:47:59 PM
I have 49.7xxx BTB in the wallet. The largest transaction being 15.25xx BTB on 9.18.2015.(from Cryptsy) The rest are around 2 BTB or less each. (from mining @ masterming) So the 22 "stakes" for 0BTB and a total of 44 transactions. So I should send the total balance to myself so its one transaction and that should produce some BTB next time it stakes? Of course, do this, after the fork is figured out.. right?
Sounds right to me. I group together my Bottlecaps in 10k blocks - I heard it works best for caps.
I don't know what the best Bitbar block size would be for staking - I hope it's not 10k !!  Grin

The example I gave above shows a block size close to 10BTB will produce interest after 1 month.

We could speculate that a tx worth 3.33BTB might also skate interest after a 3 month period, but would need to experiment to find out.

So block size isn't that important as long as the output is above the .00999999 cut off/rounding  - at the current difficulty. humm..

Difficulty IS going to increase, which means larger than a 4-5 btb block size will be needed. hummm....

Its the reward that has to exceed 0.0099xx in order to be added to the output.

POS Difficulty is less than 0 right now, so low tx are creating blocks with no/rounded down to 0 rewards.

I mentioned varying 5% interest rate in an earlier post meaning as POS difficulty rises, that minimum transaction block that would generate a reward @ full maturity (90 days) may not immediately stake a block and reward having to compete with other stakeholders and an increasing difficulty.

It may indeed take another day, week, month ect. of being open and ready to stake before the block is produced if difficulty dictates, and thus interest would diminish according on the extra time beyond full maturity. (90 days)
legendary
November 25, 2015, 08:14:59 PM
how can we get the OP updated? user rbdrbd hasn't be on bct for a while, maybe ask mprep ??
maybe  mprep could add one of us as moderator.

(I'm glad there is an edit button)
legendary
November 25, 2015, 08:10:29 PM

November 25, 2015, 08:00:22 PM

November 25, 2015, 07:50:54 PM
I have 49.7xxx BTB in the wallet. The largest transaction being 15.25xx BTB on 9.18.2015.(from Cryptsy) The rest are around 2 BTB or less each. (from mining @ masterming) So the 22 "stakes" for 0BTB and a total of 44 transactions. So I should send the total balance to myself so its one transaction and that should produce some BTB next time it stakes? Ofcourse, do this, after the fork is figured out.. right?

This is correct.

You will incur a transaction fee sending yourself the full amount, the fee varying depending on the size, but probably between 0.001 & 0.004 destroyed.

Remember Bitbar is an inflationary/deflationary currency, having tx fees destroyed along with POSrewards gained.

When you send yourself 49.7btb, after 30 days the block will want to stake into to two transactions equaling  theoriginal total + 5% annual interest.  

Would look like  49.7 -> 24.95
                                      -> 24.95  based on 30 day value, a gain of 0.20 btb respectivly, 0.10 per tx.

If you waited the full three months it would look like

If you waited any length of time afterward, say one year later, it would still look like

49.7  -> 50.32125 because after 90days the POS reward does not continue to grow
legendary
November 25, 2015, 07:44:13 PM
legendary
November 25, 2015, 07:33:43 PM

Feel free to use the info to update bitbar.co

I have learned this by reading posts, studying the blockchain, and some experimenting too.

Thank you, just did  Grin
legendary
November 25, 2015, 07:31:03 PM
Note to all:
PLEASE don't send any BTB anywhere just yet.
November 25, 2015, 07:29:42 PM

If you want rewards, you will have to combine your mined blocks into a large enough transaction meeting the criteria above to gain reward.
Hope this helps,

coin control is on my list of things to ask the dev teem for   Smiley

also, very useful info on staking - I'm sure it will find it's way into the 'FAQs' section on Bitbar.co

Feel free to use the info to update bitbar.co

I have learned this by reading posts, studying the blockchain, and some experimenting too.

Activity: 247
Payment ecosystem for world shipping industry
November 25, 2015, 07:25:49 PM
legendary
November 25, 2015, 07:06:07 PM

If you want rewards, you will have to combine your mined blocks into a large enough transaction meeting the criteria above to gain reward.
Hope this helps,

coin control is on my list of things to ask the dev teem for   Smiley

also, very useful info on staking - I'm sure it will find it's way into the 'FAQs' section on Bitbar.co
legendary
November 25, 2015, 07:02:23 PM

I made a new zip of the CCE synced chain and it is available for download under the 'downloads' tab on Bitbar.co
Pages:
Jump to: