Author

Topic: BTC-e hacked ?? - page 108. (Read 199719 times)

Activity: 86
Merit: 10
July 27, 2017, 05:05:31 PM
In the US Bitcoin is not money.
If they are going to charge with money laundering they have to talk about the flow of fiat currencies specifically $US

If they are going to map out what bitcoins from MtGox went into which accounts, and where the fiat or BTC from those accounts were forwarded, it's going to take a loooong time to dig through logs. I'm guessing they do not want to enable the site, in case some of those funds are still in BTC-e accounts (as they would be quickly withdrawn as soon as the site is up again). Perhaps it can be enabled with withdrawals disabled, at least for unverified accounts.

Still feels like it _should_ be possible to take the site online again while still cooperating with the FBI, I hope they understand that funds from thousands of innocent users are being frozen and can figure out a solution.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
July 27, 2017, 05:04:57 PM

If US prosecutors can prove that Alex got those stolen money directly from that hacker and if Alex used those those coins for BTC-e client withdrawals or to trade them into any exchange, it is then over for him. Any prosecutor will not start operation unless they have strong evidences. Well, Alex is not into chemical weapons business anyway as one another guy was falsely labeled and executed without evidences.

If they are going to charge with money laundering they have to talk about the flow of fiat currencies specifically $US

Nature of Bitcoin is not important. If they have used goats as middle payment for those ransomware hacks and then exchanged those goats back to USD, it is money laundering from illegal activity.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
July 27, 2017, 05:02:30 PM
and people must understand that he is NOT suspected for being behind the mtGox hack - he is suspected for laundering  money that came from the mtGox wallets. nothing else. analysis shows a moneyflow into btc-e, this is a fact. and this is why he is arrested. not for being behind the mtGox hack.

Laundering money through unlicensed exchange makes him accomplice with that hacker unless he can prove that he was not aware that he was used for that but since WizSec found his name long before then it seems that "WME" was keeping this issue unsolved for long time.

Check http://archive.is/6cFcY (at skype capture https://archive.is/6cFcY/1d5539131aad6491174158318495560bf91dd784.png you can find Alexander Vinnik name posted by WME user, 5 years ago).

Only 5-6 exchangers are licensed. I am wondering why the people are using shit ones like BTC-e. I said for so many times that unlicensed exchangers will be closed.

Kraken, Poloniex, Bittrex‏ (based in USA). None of them are MSB. Again, it doesn't matter that they are registered with FINCEN. It means NOTHING. Smiley

They must be MSB prior to that. These ones will be closed, funds seized and so on.
erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
July 27, 2017, 04:57:57 PM

If US prosecutors can prove that Alex got those stolen money directly from that hacker and if Alex used those those coins for BTC-e client withdrawals or to trade them into any exchange, it is then over for him. Any prosecutor will not start operation unless they have strong evidences. Well, Alex is not into chemical weapons business anyway as one another guy was falsely labeled and executed without evidences.

July 27, 2017, 04:56:08 PM
and people must understand that he is NOT suspected for being behind the mtGox hack - he is suspected for laundering  money that came from the mtGox wallets. nothing else. analysis shows a moneyflow into btc-e, this is a fact. and this is why he is arrested. not for being behind the mtGox hack.

Laundering money through unlicensed exchange makes him accomplice with that hacker unless he can prove that he was not aware that he was used for that but since WizSec found his name long before then it seems that "WME" was keeping this issue unsolved for long time.

Check http://archive.is/6cFcY (https://archive.is/6cFcY/1d5539131aad6491174158318495560bf91dd784.png check Alexander Vinnik name on that screen capture posted by WME user, posted exactly 5 years and 20 days ago).

I read the WizSec summary, it only talked about the flow of Bitcoins not money. So where is the money laundering bit described?

If US prosecutors can prove that Alex got those stolen money directly from that hacker and if Alex used those those coins for BTC-e client withdrawals or to trade them into any exchange, it is then over for him. Any prosecutor will not start operation unless they have strong evidences. Well, Alex is not into chemical weapons business anyway as another guy was falsely accused and his country occupied without evidences so I believe they have some strong evidences.

We shall all be smarter in the next 5 up to 10 days.
erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
July 27, 2017, 04:46:11 PM

Check http://archive.is/6cFcY (https://archive.is/6cFcY/1d5539131aad6491174158318495560bf91dd784.png check Alexander Vinnik name on that screen capture posted by WME user, posted exactly 5 years and 20 days ago).

I read the WizSec summary, it only talked about the flow of Bitcoins not money. So where is the money laundering bit described?

July 27, 2017, 04:41:17 PM

Check http://archive.is/6cFcY (at skype capture https://archive.is/6cFcY/1d5539131aad6491174158318495560bf91dd784.png you can find Alexander Vinnik name posted by WME user, 5 years ago).
SVK
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
July 27, 2017, 04:38:10 PM
Stop facking world left and right and collapse finally.
July 27, 2017, 04:36:30 PM
I wonder why they are using CloudFlare though, as it's a US based hosting provider. That should give the feds full access to the servers to do anything they want really. I would have thought they would move away from CloudFlare asap if they have any intention of getting the site back up.
Activity: 241
Merit: 100
July 27, 2017, 04:26:47 PM
people sound suprised that btc-e is going up again? why? alex is arrested, and IF, and only IF he even is the admin of the site, there are still other admins.

if he plees not guilty on the jail warrents in court right now, he can use as an argument that the site is running and has been changeing DNS and shit, while he is locked up.  how is that possible if he is the one with all the access? this only shows that maybe he is not the admin.  either someone are trying to save him, or he actually isnt the admin of btc-e.

Good argument.
+Like
July 27, 2017, 04:25:26 PM
people sound suprised that btc-e is going up again?

Just getting a few random SSL errors on the site isn't exactly proof that it's going up again Smiley. Can be anything really, but not impossible servers are being moved. Way too early to say anything yet though.
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
July 27, 2017, 04:10:29 PM
it sounds like u.s is controlling every country and how they run their business. It's u.s that are stealing the coins, so called money laundering.
July 27, 2017, 04:06:12 PM
and short eth @ 215 when the site went down
We might be having similar strategies Wink

a) the fine sounds large, but I agree it is manageable. I also ended up at 200k+ in fees daily, plus own trading, deposit and withdrawal fees and of course the 18% annual swap rate on margin positions (which in itself is robbery, lol).
18% yearly too much? On some sites I have seen 5% daily, if I am correct. 18% is also at FXOpen.

c) I think the DoJ would allow them to operate again if they'd clean up their act:
If convicted they will do the same things as in E-Gold case. It will take years.

By now I would not be surprised if a political angle to this case will be discovered.
Political angle will come if FXOpen or some other Russian entity would be damaged by this action. And by judging how Russians responded to this case it seems that they are not happy.
Activity: 12
July 27, 2017, 03:56:27 PM
This would be happening if you moved the server to a different timezone.
Activity: 107
July 27, 2017, 03:52:44 PM
people sound suprised that btc-e is going up again? why? alex is arrested, and IF, and only IF he even is the admin of the site, there are still other admins.

if he plees not guilty on the jail warrents in court right now, he can use as an argument that the site is running and has been changeing DNS and shit, while he is locked up.  how is that possible if he is the one with all the access? this only shows that maybe he is not the admin.  either someone are trying to save him, or he actually isnt the admin of btc-e.

July 27, 2017, 03:49:46 PM
FXOpen used BTC-e as crypto liquidity supplier, untill 2 days ago. Their mt4 charts have recorded some trades up until 26th 05:00, almost the same time when BTC-e mt4 market watch stopped (that's 12 hours after the arrest).

But since today as of 07:00 FXOpen switched liquidity supply to another unknown supplier and they have resumed mt4 operations. BTC volume raised 2 times and ETH and LTC volumes raised almost 10 times comparing before when FXOpen was using BTC-e as a liquidity supplier.

Question is, how FXOpen will settle their own accounts with BTC-e and could FXOpen get into problems because they can't settle their accounts with BTC-e?
Activity: 784
Merit: 502
July 27, 2017, 03:47:50 PM
Definitely seems like someone is messing around. Seems like a good sign that it goes up and down, but still shows the same page when it's up.

The Prepare For relaunch is underway I feel sure

Btc-e is a huge money printing machine, no fucking way on earth are they going to walk away from it. Despite all the morbid ghouls on this thread and their doom-mongering, BTCE will relaunch but with All TrollBox Bans Lifted, and free sex on the guided tours of their new Bulgarian offices
Activity: 317
Merit: 12
July 27, 2017, 03:47:21 PM
seems like someone is using a domain server with ssl not configured correctly. Are they moving things around? seems to be
Activity: 3
July 27, 2017, 03:47:04 PM
SSL error can occur after server migration!! This is definitely good sign!
Jump to: