Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC-e hacked ?? - page 18. (Read 199718 times)

Activity: 319
Merit: 250
September 04, 2017, 08:45:45 AM
I got my coins just now, a ltitle over 24hrs after confirming withdrawal.

Shitty way to do it, take 55% now and f##k off or leave them on our shitty exchange and wait for a miracle...

Still at least they did what they said they would on the latest update, not quite what they originally promised though is it....

Of course the LTC price plummeted down which is a bit of a shit...
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
September 04, 2017, 07:59:45 AM
you don't need an id to trade. you can trade your coins to another exchange.

Isn't a withdrawal what you're calling "trading your coins to another exchange"?
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
September 04, 2017, 06:53:22 AM
i have made use of the withdrawal of my 55% funds, but after nearly 34 hours there has still nothing been showing up in my wallets. they state a deadline of 72 hours, so let's see if they keep their word. i have zero interest in continuing with an exchange that acts shady in the first place, and is completely unclear about its verification process. i am not going to send in an id and personal information to them, and neither should others.

you don't need an id to trade. you can trade your coins to another exchange.
Activity: 28
September 04, 2017, 05:24:20 AM
Will be a limitation for withdrawal without verification  in the new platform such as poloniex.com?
Is verification necessary for any amount of withdrawal in new platform?

https://poll.pollcode.com/62684153_result?v

I choose third option.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
September 04, 2017, 03:41:46 AM
i have made use of the withdrawal of my 55% funds, but after nearly 34 hours there has still nothing been showing up in my wallets. they state a deadline of 72 hours, so let's see if they keep their word. i have zero interest in continuing with an exchange that acts shady in the first place, and is completely unclear about its verification process. i am not going to send in an id and personal information to them, and neither should others.
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
September 04, 2017, 02:56:32 AM
There is a few things i am still unclear about. It mentioned that 'On the day the site is launched, the balance will be recalculated at the market rate and will be credited to accounts with a higher ratio than 55/45. '

So what does it really mean by the higher ratio?? Aint we suppose to get back all our btc, ltc and alt coin in full? Or are we just taking back 80% of our real holdings? Or the new exchange dont have some of the alt coins so they are converted at a certain % to btc?? Hope to get answer on this.

Simple. At the time of Update-6 or whatever it was, they've claimed that they will return 55% of funds in real money and 45% in tokens that they will eventually exchange for real coins/fiat.
Then BTC was around $3600. And let's assume that they've lost all of their FIAT and kept almost all of their coins (that's what they've claimed).
A lot of folks at least at Russian forum jumped and screamed something like "return us 55% and let us forget about you!"
So the current 55% return of funds is directed at these guys.

However, since then BTC rose to about $4600. Considering situation with lost FIAT and kept coins, the real ratio now is much better, let's say about 75/25 as they need to sell less coins to compensate lost fiat. Provided that some people will still leave the boat at 55%, the ratio will improve further depending on how much folks really leave and don't wait for Sep,15.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016
September 04, 2017, 01:49:55 AM
There is a few things i am still unclear about. It mentioned that 'On the day the site is launched, the balance will be recalculated at the market rate and will be credited to accounts with a higher ratio than 55/45. '

So what does it really mean by the higher ratio?? Aint we suppose to get back all our btc, ltc and alt coin in full? Or are we just taking back 80% of our real holdings? Or the new exchange dont have some of the alt coins so they are converted at a certain % to btc?? Hope to get answer on this.
Activity: 784
Merit: 502
September 04, 2017, 01:18:29 AM

The USA, did NOT GET ANY FUNDS! Let that sink in.

The USA are the ones that took the money in the first place, from a bunch of honest traders living outside of the USA trading on an exchange outside of the USA.

You seem to miss the part about the USA not getting ANY FUNDS....

TYPING IN CAPS DOESN'T HELP CLARIFY AN STATEMENT
Activity: 267
Merit: 255
September 04, 2017, 01:14:31 AM

The USA are the ones that took the money in the first place, from a bunch of honest traders living outside of the USA trading on an exchange outside of the USA.

That doesn't matter. I think it was understood by most people that saw how BTC-e operated that their money was kept in places out of reach of seizure (like Mongolia). But you can't run a licensed British financial services company and openly flout US law enforcement. Whether or not that money is recoverable is an open question. But Mayzus would be committing suicide by doing nothing and allowing BTC-e to move all their fiat money freely.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
September 04, 2017, 12:44:16 AM

Activity: 784
Merit: 502
September 03, 2017, 11:59:36 PM

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
September 03, 2017, 11:45:39 PM
This whole process just smells sour for me. Almost like a ponzy scheme where the first set of people's loss (45% write-off on people who took the refund) covers the claimed tokens in the future. Which could be worth a lot, or nothing, or finance the whole system. Still odd.

I think of it as a tax for withdrawing all at once without verification. There are two major forces at play here. Firstly, there was a significant customer base of exchangers that did not touch cryptocurrencies. There was a large economy based around BTC-E codes, and this was primarily for fiat value transfer without KYC. Many people involved in this business, as well as less savory businesses, have no interest in verifying, and want access to funds primarily for their fiat value. Due to the rise in price, BTC-E can erase much of the debt by leveraging the threat of verification.

Secondly, they are trying to ensure liquidity for their markets. They are rightfully expecting an exodus. They are therefore taxing those who want to leave immediately, and retaining the customers that are less likely to cause a bank run upon relaunch.

I don't think it's the most honorable way to carry out the refund/relaunch, but I understand why they are doing it this way.
legendary
Go Big or Go Home.....
September 03, 2017, 08:08:18 PM
Look. If people actually get their funds and after the 15th the new exchange works as promised, I'll happily post an APOLOGY in this thread and take it all back.
I HOPE this will be the case as BTC-E was in the past the most reliable, fastest and best exchange to trade on.

This whole process just smells sour for me. Almost like a ponzy scheme where the first set of people's loss (45% write-off on people who took the refund) covers the claimed tokens in the future. Which could be worth a lot, or nothing, or finance the whole system. Still odd.

I have checked with my source in the DoJ and they did not get any funds. USD or CRYPTO. They seized servers and data off the servers. As far as it can be traced before this happened, the panic button was hit at BTC-E and all the wallets hit their external backup wallets after which they were washed to other smaller wallets and accounts.

I'm eagerly hoping everyone gets their money back.
Activity: 22
September 03, 2017, 08:02:39 PM
You get today rate, it is only fair.

You get today rate, you exchange it back to USD today and you have same amount of USD(minus the 45% if you withdraw early) you had then. Where exactly is the problem with that?

What logic would it be to exchange on old rate, and where do you think they would take all those coins to pay you on their own loss?

First you wanted to recover at least some % of funds, then you wanted to recover 100% and now you want to get out in a profit? LOL. Just LOL.

BTC-e are honest folks, it is hard situation to be in and they are doing very good so far. You guys obviously forgot mtgox, cryptsy, mintpal, libertyreserve where nobody got a dime?

Stop crying already. It could have been much much worse.

As far as I know NOBODY has still gotten a dime, so your above post is without any legs to stand on.

AFTER people get their funds, then you can call them 'honest'. Which I still think is BS as this whole thing is a huge exit scam IMO.
Just to re-visit.. The USA, did NOT GET ANY FUNDS! Let that sink in.

Mayzus blocked FIAT, therefore they do not have it anymore. FIAT is gone because of USA, it does not matter if it;s directly in FBI hands or Mayzus kept them. BTC-E does NOT have it.

Yes, they just started refunds today. I respect your IMO, but I cannot not to notice we would not hear from them from day 1 if this was exit scam. They would not waste their time on this anymore.
legendary
Go Big or Go Home.....
September 03, 2017, 07:48:10 PM

You get today rate, you exchange it back to USD today and you have same amount of USD(minus the 45% if you withdraw early) you had then. Where exactly is the problem with that?

What logic would it be to exchange on old rate, and where do you think they would take all those coins to pay you on their own loss?

First you wanted to recover at least some % of funds, then you wanted to recover 100% and now you want to get out in a profit? LOL. Just LOL.

BTC-e are honest folks, it is hard situation to be in and they are doing very good so far. You guys obviously forgot mtgox, cryptsy, mintpal, libertyreserve where nobody got a dime?

As far as I know NOBODY has still gotten a dime, so your above post is without any legs to stand on.

AFTER people get their funds, then you can call them 'honest'. Which I still think is BS as this whole thing is a huge exit scam IMO.
Just to re-visit.. The USA, did NOT GET ANY FUNDS! Let that sink in.

Activity: 22
September 03, 2017, 06:53:46 PM

legendary
Go Big or Go Home.....
September 03, 2017, 06:22:14 PM

Another ridiculous thing is that they convert fiat to the current Bitcoin market rate of $4500, and not the $2546 rate at the time they went down.
If BTC/USD had fallen to $1,500 and they converted it at $2,546 then what would you say? You can't have it both ways, if you do a conversion it's at the rate of today not some other day.

Then they would have converted it at the lower value, don't kid yourself.
erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
September 03, 2017, 06:03:26 PM

Another ridiculous thing is that they convert fiat to the current Bitcoin market rate of $4500, and not the $2546 rate at the time they went down.
If BTC/USD had fallen to $1,500 and they converted it at $2,546 then what would you say? You can't have it both ways, if you do a conversion it's at the rate of today not some other day.

legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
September 03, 2017, 05:28:08 PM
You will be able to do SOME THINGS without verification, the question is exactly what...

It's likely just trading that will not require any sort of verification - which is exactly what they stated in very simple terms in their FAQ. I am quite sure that there will be a certain form of verification required in order to have the ability to request a withdrawal of your funds. Everything that BTC-E is saying at this point has really no value. Initially people would be given the opportunity to withdraw 55% of their funds, but nothing was mentioned about losing the latter 45% part in case you do end up withdrawing the offered 55% - this is something they at last came up with, which is ridiculous. Another ridiculous thing is that they convert fiat to the current Bitcoin market rate of $4500, and not the $2546 rate at the time they went down. This just shows that they are doing whatever they can to squeeze out as many funds out of their customers as possible. Every exchange that experienced whatever sort of loss of user funds so far, has at least offered people compensations based on the exchange rate at the day they went down. BTC-E clearly isn't following that 'tradition'.
Activity: 319
Merit: 250
September 03, 2017, 12:15:44 PM
u guys know how long is 72hours ... right?

Yeah but is it in 72 hours or within 72 hours?

So it could be anytime in the next 3 days or all processed after 3 days.
Pages:
Jump to: