Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC-e hacked ?? - page 15. (Read 199718 times)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0
September 05, 2017, 03:13:24 PM
I assume fiat balances will be converted to coin on 15th?
If the value of coin is higher on 15th than now the conversion will result in less coin.
This should be compensated by the increase in the 55% that they intimated, but it all seems a bit vague.
Currently for those optiong for a refund timing is quite important...

I don't think fiat balances will be converted. I think they plan to offer some limited fiat withdrawal options (even if only cash by courier or something). This is supported by the fact that they are offering USD/USDET markets. That's why staying until the 15th is unattractive for fiat folders. I'm not sure if their USD markets will reflect the real value of USD.

Thanks for the clarification.
Thats really crap!
They will be losing some potentially loyal customers by driving them away before the 15th.
It seems their current refund option is better than the uncertainty of waiting.
It would be fair enough if their tokens were like tether and tracked the usd price but the chances are their value will drop while crypto rises...
Activity: 251
Merit: 257
September 05, 2017, 02:56:02 PM
If the value of coin is higher on 15th than now the conversion will result in less coin.
This should be compensated by the increase in the 55% that they intimated, but it all seems a bit vague.

I don't think fiat balances will be converted. I think they plan to offer some limited fiat withdrawal options (even if only cash by courier or something). This is supported by the fact that they are offering USD/USDET markets. That's why staying until the 15th is unattractive for fiat folders. I'm not sure if their USD markets will reflect the real value of USD.
Activity: 569
Merit: 507
September 05, 2017, 02:31:12 PM
sorry, but that's just wishful thinking
Activity: 569
Merit: 507
September 05, 2017, 02:29:23 PM
I've asked for a refund. The 55% BTC has been transferred to me last night. However the BCH has not yet been sent. Anyone else with this problem? Or maybe they do BTC and BCH in different batches?
how long did it take for what you have received? i requested mine but have not received anything
Activity: 784
Merit: 502
September 05, 2017, 11:11:45 AM
Maybe they can see

ll
ll
ll
ll
ll
V

Why they didn't give any information about the conditions that we will find on sept 15th HuhHuhHuh? WHY?Huh? It's shady and dangerous for risking at 15th September.
It will require verification to withdraw? specially for koins? withdraw is limited without verification Or impossible without it?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?
How can someone properly decide if he do not know all the conditions?HuhHuhHuhHuh?

THIS POST SHOULD ALL BE IN CAPS TO MAKE THE AREGUMENT MORE COMPELLING 4/10 PLEASE TRY AGAIN
Activity: 1
September 05, 2017, 10:08:33 AM
Am I just missing something, or are you people actually this stupid. Here's the axioms:
You believe there's going to be a trading site that will give non US customers more than the 55% refund.
You believe that non verified customers will have no access to withdrawal.
You are a US customer.

This is not a serious problem. If you have substantial money in that account then sell the account to someone in another country for a 5-10% loss. Don't black hole a potential 45%, that's just insane. Get on a plane, go to Australia, visit a university tech meetup, buy your new mates a drink, problem solved.

What am I missing here?
September 05, 2017, 09:54:48 AM
The could've given people NVC. So things could have been worse  Grin

I dont think they have any left - its all hajibros Tongue
September 05, 2017, 09:52:59 AM

IMO the 55% refund is an opportunity for U.S. customers and people who don't like to reveal ID to withdraw their funds. If you aren't one of them, I suggest you wait until September 15th to receive full balance.

I verified at btc-e & xbtce. I dont have a problem revealing my ID as I have nothing to hide. My only is that my belief that I have done nothing wrong may not be shared by the feds seem to suggest we are criminals by association...
I still remain unclear as to how fiat balances will be converted on 15th. If they willl use the same ratio i.e. 50% 25% 25% btc ltc eth respectively and whether this ratio will be calculated on the day.
Also if our 55% may improve based in other factors such as increase value of coin and people who decide to forfeit their 45%

I really am not happy about the idea that full fiat balances will be converted to tokens whose value may instantly decrease...
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
September 05, 2017, 09:48:03 AM
The could've given people NVC. So things could have been worse  Grin
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
September 05, 2017, 09:34:47 AM
Maybe they can see

ll
ll
ll
ll
ll
V

Why they didn't give any information about the conditions that we will find on sept 15th HuhHuhHuh? WHY?Huh? It's shady and dangerous for risking at 15th September.
It will require verification to withdraw? specially for koins? withdraw is limited without verification Or impossible without it?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?
How can someone properly decide if he do not know all the conditions?HuhHuhHuhHuh?

IMO the 55% refund is an opportunity for U.S. customers and people who don't like to reveal ID to withdraw their funds. If you aren't one of them, I suggest you wait until September 15th to receive full balance.
September 05, 2017, 09:15:04 AM

Fiat USD/RUR/EUR becomes a mixture of coins and USDET tokens valued at $1USD each, those tokens might be tricky to redeem.
You will be able to trade them for USD on the new site at a market driven exchange rate but you won't be able to cash that USD you get for them until the new site owners have a fiat processor to replace Mayzus/OKPAY in the UK who seized the BTC-e accounts, and you jump through the EU AML/KYC compliant verification hoops.

I will probably trade fiat tokens for fiat, then buy crypto with that as I only use fiat as a trading hedge, I have never deposited or withdrawn fiat from BTC-e, never had the need/urge to, but I do have some sitting there atm from past trades.

I was under the impression that they were being converted to BTC 50% LTC 25% ETH 25%
That definitely seems to be what is happening with the refunds.

This is what it shows on the refund page in respect of fiat refunds - it shows the balances after the 45% deduction and give the option of providing withdrawal addresses...

Recount of fiat funds:
For USD:
BTC: xx.xxx BTC
LTC: xx.xxx LTC
ETH: xx.xxx ETH

Activity: 241
Merit: 100
September 05, 2017, 08:45:09 AM
Maybe they can see

ll
ll
ll
ll
ll
V

Activity: 74
Merit: 15
September 05, 2017, 08:27:38 AM
if you really want to withdraw you have to go to the refund page
Activity: 780
Merit: 510
Bitcoin - helping to end bankster enslavement.
September 05, 2017, 08:12:15 AM
Hi

Anyone able to withdraw any of the atltcoins like litecoin?  it says "Withdrawals temporarily disabled" for me.

erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
September 05, 2017, 08:04:31 AM

Fiat USD/RUR/EUR becomes a mixture of coins and USDET tokens valued at $1USD each, those tokens might be tricky to redeem.
You will be able to trade them for USD on the new site at a market driven exchange rate but you won't be able to cash that USD you get for them until the new site owners have a fiat processor to replace Mayzus/OKPAY in the UK who seized the BTC-e accounts, and you jump through the EU AML/KYC compliant verification hoops.

I will probably trade fiat tokens for fiat, then buy crypto with that as I only use fiat as a trading hedge, I have never deposited or withdrawn fiat from BTC-e, never had the need/urge to, but I do have some sitting there atm from past trades.

September 05, 2017, 07:08:20 AM
Activity: 168
September 05, 2017, 07:07:38 AM
I've asked for a refund. The 55% BTC has been transferred to me last night. However the BCH has not yet been sent. Anyone else with this problem? Or maybe they do BTC and BCH in different batches?

If you look on Twitter, there are a whole lot of people complaining that they have received all stated funds, except their BCC's. Not exactly sure what their reason is for nothing *yet* sending out people's BCC's, but the main thing is that people who chose to withdraw funds, will have their accounts deleted without any possibility of regaining access. If they haven't made screenshots or captured their screen on video with whatever capturing app, they have zero proof that BCC was part of their 55%. The only legitimate reason I can think of for BTC-E to not send out BCC, is that they are looking to empty their BTC addresses first - no one in his right mind would deal with BCC without actually emptying the address of BTC first. If that turns out to be reality, then it may take some time for people to receive what belongs to them.

Whatever their motivation may be, the fact that they did send BTC is convincing. I have no doubt they'll pay the BCH too eventually. I've made screenshots of the whole process obviously, to avoid problems like these.
Activity: 454
Merit: 251
September 05, 2017, 06:33:19 AM
Some claim btc-e has said in Russian forum that small withdrawals will work without verification...

Yeah that's what they were saying on the local forums here on bitcointalk too. They said there will be two tiers (the first is no verification, the second is full verification). But I still haven't seen any information on how much you can withdraw. It makes a big difference if we are talking 0.5BTC/day or 10BTC/day, or somewhere in between. I sure hope it's not less than 1 BTC/day.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
September 05, 2017, 05:59:38 AM

If you look on Twitter, there are a whole lot of people complaining that they have received all stated funds, except their BCC's. Not exactly sure what their reason is for nothing *yet* sending out people's BCC's, but the main thing is that people who chose to withdraw funds, will have their accounts deleted without any possibility of regaining access. If they haven't made screenshots or captured their screen on video with whatever capturing app, they have zero proof that BCC was part of their 55%. The only legitimate reason I can think of for BTC-E to not send out BCC, is that they are looking to empty their BTC addresses first - no one in his right mind would deal with BCC without actually emptying the address of BTC first. If that turns out to be reality, then it may take some time for people to receive what belongs to them.
Activity: 216
September 05, 2017, 05:33:51 AM
Some claim btc-e has said in Russian forum that small withdrawals will work without verification...
Pages:
Jump to: