Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC-e hacked ?? - page 36. (Read 199718 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
August 23, 2017, 04:56:13 PM
They identity verification of tens of thousand members alone may take several months. What do you guys think?

Hundreds of thousands even, btc-e had over 1m user accounts and it only takes 10% of those not to be duplicates and/or inactive

An email woudl be nice, we coudl supply them with data like the addr that we sent coins from. Anyone who exported coins would have a sent from addr and a sent to addr. I sent out 2 dash to bittrex it can be assumed that i controlled the account that sent those 2 dash.
Activity: 58
August 23, 2017, 11:18:20 AM
They identity verification of tens of thousand members alone may take several months. What do you guys think?

Hundreds of thousands even, btc-e had over 1m user accounts and it only takes 10% of those not to be duplicates and/or inactive
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
August 23, 2017, 06:44:28 AM
If we look at how things go, then people officially should only have to verify themselves (with ID scans and such) if they end up going to trade/deposit/withdraw fiat funds.

If you just make use of digital assets, then at worst case, they would require verification in text form (name, last name, address, telephone number).

I am quite sure that as long people at least can withdraw their crypto assets without ID, it will be seen as a massive victory for most of the victims ~ better something back than nothing, right?
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483
August 23, 2017, 06:38:51 AM

nothing to lose at this point. only something to gain. i don't have any real expectations, but might as well keep watching.

For some people, protecting id is more important than recovering lost btc-e funds.

oh, for sure! i actually agree with that. i'm not trying to give up my documents. it's not clear yet what btc-e means by verification. they mentioned multiple tiers. by the standards of other exchanges, that usually means at least one, if not two tiers that do not require giving official documents to the exchange. things like name, address, phone verification.... i can live with verifying a phone number with btc-e (hopefully a burner or third party SMS service will do). passport, utility bill? no thanks...
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
August 23, 2017, 05:04:03 AM

nothing to lose at this point. only something to gain. i don't have any real expectations, but might as well keep watching.

For some people, protecting id is more important than recovering lost btc-e funds.
legendary
August 23, 2017, 03:47:31 AM

it's not clear what they meant. if they required physical documents (especially notarized and sent to malaysia as they did previously Tongue) then it would take years to verify everyone.

they said they would do tiered verification. they referred to bitfinex. the strange thing is that bitfinex allows USD/cryptocurrency trading and crypto withdrawals without any verification. maybe they meant to refer to bittrex? we'll have to wait for the next update. hopefully it will all be spelled out then.

the verdict is simple even for a child or a sheep : BTC will never refund all their clients.   yes, it may be possible to refund few of them(most important ones) and done.

the rest of the scenarios are fairy stories Smiley   BTC-e is buying time and it's so funny how many of you are believing their shits   Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
August 23, 2017, 03:43:10 AM
the verdict is simple even for a child or a sheep : BTC will never refund all their clients.   yes, it may be possible to refund few of them(most important ones) and done.

the rest of the scenarios are fairy stories Smiley   BTC-e is buying time and it's so funny how many of you are believing their shits   Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
August 23, 2017, 02:40:32 AM
Activity: 216
Merit: 100
August 23, 2017, 02:30:11 AM
This is one of the motherfuckers behind the FBI heist of btce. Look how the bastard is happy to steal our money.

he looks like a chimpanzee

trump's pet chimp
legendary
August 22, 2017, 10:46:36 PM
Quote from: sergey.mayzus
Quote from: Otshelnik
Who is currently controlling Fiat and crypt? At least the most part
Crypt - I think that administrators. Those who kept cold wallets. Perhaps, the beneficiaries. Fiat is probably none. More precisely, the network for countering financial crimes.

It seems that people gathered here who can not understand one simple thing: the FBI has covered the largest network of money laundering and money laundering by international efforts! A curtain!!!

The guy who without any pressure froze funds.

"without any pressure?" i don't know about that. the only thing we know about the whole btc-e situation is that we have very few facts. the silence from btc-e is expected (sensible, in fact, if they are in fact to relaunch, which i think is still doubtful unfortunately). but the silence from the feds regarding fiat monies frozen/seized and that supposedly mayzus voluntarily froze the accounts tells me there is more to this story.

maybe the feds are/were using mayzus to gather more information on the btc-e admins. maybe he is working with the feds, and that is why he had full control over their fiat money up until the day that he supposedly froze the accounts.
Activity: 56
August 22, 2017, 09:49:16 PM
Russians have interesting forum topic open:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--2105167

Maysuz owner writing:

Quote from: bombitnesusvetno
Sergey.mayzus how much you think about the real statements about the investor who can buy back the stock exchange?
I think it's a bluff. The beneficiary tries to save his ass, and throws in the "sucking" of different options. We will see what they will come there on September 1. But something tells me that there will be a new mule with delaying terms. This is the standard behavior model of rogues - I was just like that by RBKmoney.

Quote from: Otshelnik
Who is currently controlling Fiat and crypt? At least the most part
Crypt - I think that administrators. Those who kept cold wallets. Perhaps, the beneficiaries. Fiat is probably none. More precisely, the network for countering financial crimes.

It seems that people gathered here who can not understand one simple thing: the FBI has covered the largest network of money laundering and money laundering by international efforts! A curtain!!!

The guy who without any pressure froze funds.
Activity: 10
August 22, 2017, 05:18:14 PM
Alright... now I'm getting impatient.
August 22, 2017, 03:47:23 PM
This is one of the motherfuckers behind the FBI heist of btce. Look how the bastard is happy to steal our money.

https://static.latribune.fr/full_width/790045/steven-mnuchin.jpg

Updated on 22/08/2017 at 15h30

Asked at a congressional hearing, US Finance Minister Mnuchin said the fight against the use of cryptomonas to escape the financial system controls was "a high priority" of the United States.

Source: http://www.latribune.fr/entreprises-finance/banques-finance/bitcoin-un-russe-inculpe-pour-blanchiment-d-argent-745676.html

Steven Terner Mnuchin is an American banker, film producer, and former hedge fund manager who is the 77th and current United States Secretary

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Mnuchin

Just plain simple war against bitcoin.
August 22, 2017, 03:11:41 PM
Hodor.  Grin
August 22, 2017, 02:35:01 AM
So when can we expect a new response?

They didn't say. We really can't have any expectations beyond what they've already said: End of the month (~August 31), they are supposedly going to relaunch. The next update will include a FAQ. That's pretty much it. They haven't logged into the forum account since they posted their last update. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave another update tomorrow or the next, ~ one week after the last one.

Expect something at 25th August.
Activity: 251
Merit: 257
August 22, 2017, 12:13:28 AM

They didn't say. We really can't have any expectations beyond what they've already said: End of the month (~August 31), they are supposedly going to relaunch. The next update will include a FAQ. That's pretty much it. They haven't logged into the forum account since they posted their last update. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave another update tomorrow or the next, ~ one week after the last one.
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
August 21, 2017, 08:30:36 PM
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
August 21, 2017, 05:00:01 PM
Rule of thumb here is, if it's a newbie account or a Jr member with nothing but negative comments under their belt or 'filler' posts, might as well ignore them because they are a shill account form some dbag on the forum who is too much of a pu$$y to post up under their hero account and sound like an ahole.  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
August 21, 2017, 03:46:47 PM
What are you talking about? Or much troll?

Don't look at what these trolls are saying. It's pathetic that they enjoy a situation where people have lost large sums of money. They have likely been in a situation themselves where they lost money due to a hack or an exchange that got shut down, and for that reason hope that others will lose as well. If you don't want to see/read any of their gibberish and trollish posts, then just hit then ignore button -- that seems to be the only helping option.
August 21, 2017, 01:30:52 PM
Finally we can go to conclusion that they are lying us. The shows is end after 1 month, thank you lady and gentle men for your time.

God bless you,
Thank you,

What are you talking about? Or much troll?
Pages:
Jump to: