Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC-e hacked ?? - page 34. (Read 199718 times)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0
August 26, 2017, 05:20:33 AM

They may be planning to pay fiat users BTC, ETH etc on 25th July rate which is a popular demand of fiat users. Maybe that's why the percentage is same.
[/quote]

I wish this were the case & I think that this would be fair because most fiat holders were only holding fiat by chance and would probably have been in coin if the timing were slightly different.
However I think they propose to set the conversion date once the exchange is up.

"With a balance of 1000 USD, after conversion you will receive 55% in BTC, LTC, ETH (at exchange rate on the day of conversion) and 450 USDET. By this principle all koins and fiates will be converted. "
Activity: 45
August 26, 2017, 03:38:27 AM
where the fuck is mayax?Huh? Roll Eyes
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
August 26, 2017, 03:16:04 AM
So US residents are screwed??  I want my coins back too!

I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. At least not yet. It's completely expected that the "new service" wouldn't serve US customers. Keep in mind that they said Tier 1 involves no verification at all. And they said something along the lines that if you were previously verified, that your documents were destroyed. A convenient loophole for previously verified US users. The question is how they plan to enforce this prohibition. As someone mentioned earlier, it could just be prompt where you click "No, I am not a US resident."

What else would you expect?

The US government caused the problem in the first place, and doesn't want you to have your coins, else they would not have done what they did. Take it up with them.

Someone's salty. Tongue The US government doesn't want you to have your coins, either, wherever you're from. Thankfully, they may not be in a position to do anything about it in this case.
Activity: 216
Merit: 100
August 26, 2017, 01:50:58 AM
Fantastic!

I have stood by btc-e since day 1 of this fiasco.

I always knew they were THE BEST exchange in the world.

The United States of America is a big problem for all people (and I am not blaming Trump)..  it has been so for MANY YEARS now.  USA is OWNED and CONTROLLED by very corrupt and evil people.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
August 25, 2017, 09:22:25 PM
Awesome! Its nice to see them keeping their word and doing regular updates.

I knew BTC-e would never cheat their customers. F the Govt!

Like a phoenix rising from the ashes! Many long-awaited questions are being answered today. Although I'm still confused at the 55% amount, given how much value cryptos have gained since the time they gave this allocation. Since they are socializing the loss from crypto holders, the amount should now be higher than 55%.

Anyway, I am pretty blown away by the level of engagement by the admins here. They almost make me believe that the relaunch of the site is going to happen. But I wouldn't get my hopes up too much yet. We'll see what happens at the end of the month.
They may be planning to pay fiat users BTC, ETH etc on 25th July rate which is a popular demand of fiat users. Maybe that's why the percentage is same.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
August 25, 2017, 08:02:52 PM
It's a good start, what I want to see is BTC-e have a sustainable exchange again. Firstly so we can trade the tokens to redeem our coins, and secondly because it was a good exchange, and I miss the trollbox.
It may be because I am too paranoid, but I am definitely not going to use BTC-E ever again. I really liked it since they didn't require any verification up front for using their platform, but no way I am going with them anymore.

Sure, from the looks everything seems to be working out well for everyone desperately waiting to get their funds and crypto assets back, but don't forget what their charges are (mainly referring to MtGox theft).

I don't think the US government will let them get away with things so easily, even when BTC-E won't be dealing with US citizens anymore. The US government is like a pit bull ~ once it bites, it won't let go until 'business' is finished.
Activity: 35
August 25, 2017, 07:33:21 PM
Maybe they'll do like xbtce, either provide non-US proof or send address info for withdrawal.
Activity: 267
Merit: 255
August 25, 2017, 07:17:06 PM

The US government caused the problem in the first place, and doesn't want you to have your coins, else they would not have done what they did. Take it up with them.

I would expect them to prohibit US customers at least in name (as they should have done a couple years ago and as Bitfinex is also doing now). As for stealing their money? I don't think that's wise. If they target US customers specifically and pocket all their money, the feds will work triple time to take them down again.

I believe that BTC-e is trying to be honorable and do right by their customers, not steal from US users for their government's actions. One of the reasons US folks used BTC-e as an exchange was because of their oppressive, snooping government. They're getting fucked by the US government here just like everyone else. You think BTC-e will fuck them, too?
erk
Merit: 500
August 25, 2017, 07:04:10 PM

Activity: 251
Merit: 257
August 25, 2017, 07:01:58 PM

Like a phoenix rising from the ashes! Many long-awaited questions are being answered today. Although I'm still confused at the 55% amount, given how much value cryptos have gained since the time they gave this allocation. Since they are socializing the loss from crypto holders, the amount should now be higher than 55%.

Anyway, I am pretty blown away by the level of engagement by the admins here. They almost make me believe that the relaunch of the site is going to happen. But I wouldn't get my hopes up too much yet. We'll see what happens at the end of the month.
Activity: 454
Merit: 251
August 25, 2017, 06:56:11 PM
So US residents are screwed??  I want my coins back too!

I wouldn't necessarily assume that. They referenced Bitfinex's rules in a past update, and it's possible that they just prompt those logging in from US IP addresses to confirm that they aren't residents. Or maybe you need to use a VPN if they restrict IP addresses. They said there are two levels of verification (one is unverified and limits withdrawals). So I would think at least smaller accounts from the US can go unverified and withdraw.
Activity: 35
August 25, 2017, 06:50:23 PM
So US residents are screwed??  I want my coins back too!
Activity: 454
Merit: 251
August 25, 2017, 06:45:36 PM
Will the new service provide services to US residents?
No!

Any thoughts on the implications of this? What will happen to those who were logging in from the USA? Click a box and confirm you aren't a USA resident, like with Bitfinex last year? Actively ban US IP addresses? Pocket the money in the accounts of US customers?

I saw someone asked in the Russian thread and they haven't responded yet. They've been actively responding all day to questions and are online right now, in fact.
Activity: 131
Merit: 13
In the fray since 2013.
August 25, 2017, 05:48:44 PM

Wink
erk
Merit: 500
August 25, 2017, 05:45:34 PM

At least this shows that btc-e aren't thieves like a lot of people here were thinking, but we must also understand that we're not there yet. I am quite excited that they will give people their full BCC credits as well. In my case, I had 1 BTC in my account at the time they went down, so 0.55 BTC, plus the tokens for the remaining 0.45 BTC, plus 1 BCC. Now it's waiting for trolls such as mayax to start posting here -- I am actually interested what type of nonsense they will come up with now. Cheesy

It's a good start, what I want to see is BTC-e have a sustainable exchange again. Firstly so we can trade the tokens to redeem our coins, and secondly because it was a good exchange, and I miss the trollbox.
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
August 25, 2017, 05:35:40 PM
Lemme translate answers where auto translation gone too wrong:

What will happen to the rest 45% of the funds in my account?
They will be converted to tokens. You can sell tokens on the market or wait until we buy them from you at par. Free token trade market will be opened.

What data did the FBI get from the connection with the withdrawal of servers?
All servers were seized, but they were encrypted.

Date of conversion? What exchange rate will the conversion be?
Date - the opening of the service. The rate will be calculated based on the average price on major fiat exchanges.
Activity: 784
Merit: 502
August 25, 2017, 05:35:29 PM
yes yes 55%... exchange to return trading..... problems solved... doom mongers rekt, btc-e faithful rewarded.

I said all along to have faith in Btc-e

BUT....

1) Will Trollbox be Restored
2) Will there be a ban amnesty

Activity: 784
Merit: 502
August 25, 2017, 05:30:30 PM
There is no more Update, go home and take some meal, Lady and Gentlemen.

Thank you for your time,
God bless you

Come again?

L Oh Ell
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
August 25, 2017, 05:11:29 PM

At least this shows that btc-e aren't thieves like a lot of people here were thinking, but we must also understand that we're not there yet. I am quite excited that they will give people their full BCC credits as well. In my case, I had 1 BTC in my account at the time they went down, so 0.55 BTC, plus the tokens for the remaining 0.45 BTC, plus 1 BCC. Now it's waiting for trolls such as mayax to start posting here -- I am actually interested what type of nonsense they will come up with now. Cheesy
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
August 25, 2017, 05:04:22 PM

Pages:
Jump to: