Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC-E.com exchange Bitcoin, Litecoin, Namecoin <-> USD\BTC (fee 0.2%) - page 31. (Read 264892 times)

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

No kidding, I tried to withdraw btc already and it says money hold. Although the "time of the hold" is decreasing (it started at around 40000 minutes), I got a message from the support team stating that the bank is asking for documents in order to release the hold.

I was under the impression that they only require id verification if you have loaded your account by wire transfer. If you have deposited Bitcoin and want to withdraw again you can without providing id.

Well, that is what their terms & conditions state:

Identity verification

Required in case you choose to load your account by wire transfer.To comply with AML/CTF recommendations, we require our clients to verify identity by providing scanned copy of ID and scanned copy of utility bill or a bank statement which should not be older then 6 month. Copy should be in good resolution and colored.
Please note the funds will be on hold untill the identity is verified.

I can confirm that withdrawals are o.k. without i.d. when only dealing with crypto-currency.

It is my first using the website in general but this seems more accurate if others are getting btc withdrawals to work. I did fund my account through wire transfer and attempted to withdraw and got a money hold.

If you are trying to do the same method as me capoeira, then most likely you will get similar requirements (ID proof for releasing money hold)
legendary
Activity: 2404
Merit: 1003

No kidding, I tried to withdraw btc already and it says money hold. Although the "time of the hold" is decreasing (it started at around 40000 minutes), I got a message from the support team stating that the bank is asking for documents in order to release the hold.

I was under the impression that they only require id verification if you have loaded your account by wire transfer. If you have deposited Bitcoin and want to withdraw again you can without providing id.

Identity verification

Required in case you choose to load your account by wire transfer.To comply with AML/CTF recommendations, we require our clients to verify identity by providing scanned copy of ID and scanned copy of utility bill or a bank statement which should not be older then 6 month. Copy should be in good resolution and colored.

thanks

Identity verification

I can confirm that withdrawals are o.k. without i.d. when only dealing with crypto-currency.

thanks
legendary
Activity: 947
Merit: 1008
central banking = outdated protocol

Identity verification

staff
Activity: 3290
Merit: 4114

Identity verification

Do you have to provide ID to actually withdraw Bitcoins or only when using Wire transfers?

I had to provide photo ID and another form of proof of residency (I believe there bank prefers a photo ID and a utility bill) for both depositing (via wire transfer) and withdrawing bitcoins.

They will place a "money hold" for about 30 days which does not allow you to withdraw your bitcoins unless you provide those documents. I am speaking from experience as currently they placed a money hold on me and I am awaiting their support ticket response to release the hold.

are you kidding? I can't take out my BTC without porviding my ID?

legendary
Do you have to provide ID to actually withdraw Bitcoins or only when using Wire transfers?

I had to provide photo ID and another form of proof of residency (I believe there bank prefers a photo ID and a utility bill) for both depositing (via wire transfer) and withdrawing bitcoins.

They will place a "money hold" for about 30 days which does not allow you to withdraw your bitcoins unless you provide those documents. I am speaking from experience as currently they placed a money hold on me and I am awaiting their support ticket response to release the hold.

are you kidding? I can't take out my BTC without porviding my ID?

legendary
where can I see the complete order book? any option I found only shows a very small part of it.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
I am writing this here as my last resort, no help from BTC-e support staff regarding this issue.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/btc-ecom-holding-coins-hostage-resolved-331417
legendary
does BTC-E have any support? I don't get answers in the metatrader thread

you can check support on site main page right site  Smiley

thanks, they could respond in the comunity too, though
Activity: 392
Merit: 250

you can check support on site main page right site  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 614
when I try to create a key I get a message in Russian I can't read..

do you give up at that point, or do you copy and paste the russian text into google translate?

I couldn't copy paste it, that's when I gave up.

edit: It's a textbox message
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
when I try to create a key I get a message in Russian I can't read..

do you give up at that point, or do you copy and paste the russian text into google translate?
Activity: 614
I've created an account and tried to activate 2-factor authentication. However, when I try to create a key I get a message in Russian I can't read..
legendary
Activity: 947
Merit: 1008
central banking = outdated protocol
After trying multiple times and reading through more pages of this thread than I cared to, I still cannot figure out where to put in the authenticator code when logging in.  There are only two fields to enter data into.  So how do I log in? User name or email for the first box?  Password or authenticator code or something else for the second??  Huh I've tried almost every combination and keep getting locked out after three attempts.

Um, first field (like the placeholder says) email, second password. After you submit you will be asked for the OTP.

Yes, when I put in the proper email and password I get a button that pops up and says "enter one time password".  Do I enter it before clicking "ok" (there is no field to enter it into there) or click "ok" then enter OTP in a field (I see no field other than the email and password fields)?  I know I set up 2fa properly and have used 2fa before many times on other sites without problem. If someone can help me successfully get into my account I offer a .05 BTC bounty.

EDIT   I finally got it by trying to log in with another browser. For some reason my browser was blocking the javascript and the OTP field was not appearing.
Activity: 48
Merit: 25
After trying multiple times and reading through more pages of this thread than I cared to, I still cannot figure out where to put in the authenticator code when logging in.  There are only two fields to enter data into.  So how do I log in? User name or email for the first box?  Password or authenticator code or something else for the second??  Huh I've tried almost every combination and keep getting locked out after three attempts.

Um, first field (like the placeholder says) email, second password. After you submit you will be asked for the OTP.
Activity: 574
In this thread you stated that the minimum withdraw amount for paypal is $200, but in your site it's $600, hmm?
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Request: Any way we could get a "night mode" toggle on the site? 

(The white screen sort of kills the "cockpit / command center" vibe I'm going for. Wink )
Pages:
Jump to: