Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC-E.com exchange Bitcoin, Litecoin, Namecoin <-> USD\BTC (fee 0.2%) - page 58. (Read 264892 times)

Activity: 73
Merit: 10
any news about the email confirmation problem? i don't receive emails for 48 hours, so i can't withdraw.
it seems several user have the same problem. it wouldt be fantastic if btc-e can give one's view.

-i have already push the resent-button, more than once
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
The fees are less than I would ever expect to have to deal with when moving fiat around. I would hardly call them "huge". If they are huge to you? Then you have bigger financial problems to worry about than a ~2 USD fee for withdrawing BTC/LTC.

The withdraw fee is ridiculous. It's like 3-4 people agree with me vs your saying it's not. It is. Do you know what it takes to mine a .5 LTC on a 850 khash/s mining rig? Like half a day to a day. The withdraw fee of .1 btc and fee of .5 ltc is ridiculously too high. Needs to be like 3/4 lower. Lets wait and find out what gox does, then we'll see who uses who from now on. Fees, Fees, and moar fees. Fee's are every where, like the banks and credit card company's. I don't mind the trading fee's at btc-e but the goddamn withdraw fees is just dumb.

Well, did you see how much fees the litecoin client asks for usually? That's the problem at current LTC prices. My mined coins must mature for quite a while before it allows me to send them to BTC-E without fees (and the minimum fee is 0.1 LTC ~40 cents last time I checked).

When you request a withdrawal, BTC-E can't wait and must send them to you right away with the fees expected by the network (or the client they used if they didn't invest time or money hacking it). So each withdrawal probably costs them in tx fees (maybe not 0.5LTC for a small TX, although it's exactly what my Litecoin client just asked for a ~19LTC tx which is kind of a smallish TX).
With the current LTC/USD price, I'm not sure 0.5LTC is much for an exchange anyway. If you are playing on exchanges with less than ~$100, you are wasting your time or just playing with a toy: 0.5LTC shouldn't be a problem unless you already have much bigger ones.

BTC-E hasn't much of a competition right now and they are a business so if some users are whining about fees they should ignore them and take the cash. If MtGox hacks a litecoin client and make the network accept fee-less TXs for withdrawals competition will drive the fees down. Don't expect miracles though: until the LTC network uses much lower fees withdrawals can't be expected to be free.
Activity: 697
Merit: 501
WARNING -- I lost access to my account all of a sudden over the weekend -- maybe it was hacked, maybe not, not sure -- but my password suddenly stopped working and the reset function claims a message was sent but either a) none was, or b) the email was also fraudulently changed. I emailed supprt @ btce and they never responded. I lost some NMC and BTC.
Well, I don't have any experience like this, but for anyone who had a problem similar to mine above, I am able to access my profile now if I refresh the page which displays the authorization request. 

Refreshing the page works every time although i don't know why I need to do that.   A lot of problem with the exchanges these days, can only hope that is a good sign in the mid term.
Activity: 579
Merit: 500
CoinQuacker
WARNING -- I lost access to my account all of a sudden over the weekend -- maybe it was hacked, maybe not, not sure -- but my password suddenly stopped working and the reset function claims a message was sent but either a) none was, or b) the email was also fraudulently changed. I emailed supprt @ btce and they never responded. I lost some NMC and BTC.
Activity: 697
Merit: 501
I can't seem to access my finances page or my profile page on BTC-e.  It gives me a message that says "to view this page requires your authorization" or something along those lines.  What can I do?  I want to continue using the site and access those pages.

Any solutions? 

Also, at what point can I participate in the chat?  It keeps saying I can't post until I'm not a newbie.

Thanks
Activity: 770
Merit: 502
The fees are less than I would ever expect to have to deal with when moving fiat around. I would hardly call them "huge". If they are huge to you? Then you have bigger financial problems to worry about than a ~2 USD fee for withdrawing BTC/LTC.

The withdraw fee is ridiculous. It's like 3-4 people agree with me vs your saying it's not. It is. Do you know what it takes to mine a .5 LTC on a 850 khash/s mining rig? Like half a day to a day. The withdraw fee of .1 btc and fee of .5 ltc is ridiculously too high. Needs to be like 3/4 lower. Lets wait and find out what gox does, then we'll see who uses who from now on. Fees, Fees, and moar fees. Fee's are every where, like the banks and credit card company's. I don't mind the trading fee's at btc-e but the goddamn withdraw fees is just dumb.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1006
Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952
@BTC-E:

You better start explaining what is the reason you take 48 hours to deliver Litecoins:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/btc-e-taking-48-hours-to-deliver-litecoins-to-me-wtf-fractional-reserve-170302

Last time I checked you weren't a fractional reserve...
Activity: 504
Scattering my bits around the net since 1980
The fact that you can put money in but you can't take it out without paying a huge unexpected fee.

The fact that the minimum withdrawal of LTC is 0.1... and yet the fee is five times the minimum withdrawal.

Does that make sense to you?

So if you withdraw 0.1 LTC, what happens? You lose your entire withdrawal amount plus you owe 0.4? They let you do negative withdrawals?

Sound shady yet?
Nope, doesn't sound shady...

The fees are less than I would ever expect to have to deal with when moving fiat around. I would hardly call them "huge". If they are huge to you? Then you have bigger financial problems to worry about than a ~2 USD fee for withdrawing BTC/LTC. They could always just remove all of those withdrawl fees, and bump up their trading fees instead like another exchange I could name.

Sure they could probably list those on the section of the FAQ that shows the trading fee, but not having it there doesn't make it shady. They still list it in the withdrawal section instead of just taking it without telling you what it is (which actually _would_ be shady)

Seriously, man... get some perspective...

-- Smoov
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
* Fee for withdrawal is 0.01 BTC.
* Fee for withdrawal is 0.5 LTC.

Why would they do this? Maybe they're just ripping customers, but most likely they don't have enough money, so they're trying to limit withdrawals!

I'd advise against using this shady exchange!

and just what is it that's shady?

-- Smoov

The fact that you can put money in but you can't take it out without paying a huge unexpected fee.

The fact that the minimum withdrawal of LTC is 0.1... and yet the fee is five times the minimum withdrawal.

Does that make sense to you?

So if you withdraw the minimum amount, what happens? You lose your entire withdrawal amount plus you owe 0.4? So it's a negative withdrawal?

That's pretty much the definition of shady.

* Fee for withdrawal is 0.01 BTC.
* Fee for withdrawal is 0.5 LTC.

Why would they do this? Maybe they're just ripping customers, but most likely they don't have enough money, so they're trying to limit withdrawals!

I'd advise against using this shady exchange!

and just what is it that's shady?

-- Smoov
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Why is the BTC/USD about $8 lower on this exchange compared to MtGox etc?  Huh

EDIT: Answer is they charge massive deposit fees. I've never encountered a stock or forex broker that took a heavy fee just for depositing. Generally they wait till you make use of their services.

I think I'll stick to the other exchanges. I notice Bitstamp has better liquidity at the moment.

Yea, I went to withdraw my LTC, found out to withdraw, they take a .5 ltc to withdraw, madness.

That really is an insane fee. I honestly thought it was a typo, but nope.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
under a heavy ddos attack right now..
They are not open about their fees. This is everything their FAQ says about fees

BTC-e charges a 0.2% fee on each transaction carried out by users on the website. This transaction may vary and may be different for each individual account. Specific job openings will be posted but we are always interested in hearing from you.

The first sentence is a deception. Some transactions such as deposits and withdrawals can cost much more than 0.2%. The last sentence is WTF?
When they say transaction fees, they mean for trades, not deposit/withdrawls.

When withdrawing coin, the fees are specified at the time of withdrawl.

As for fiat deposits/withdrawls, a lot of that has to do with what the service facilitating those fiat transfers, charges themselves.

Also keep in mind, this is a russian site. English translations may not be perfectly accurate the way we would use the terms.

-- Smoov
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
WTB bytecoin support. No really ill actually pay =). pm me
Activity: 575
The North Remembers
Still no answer from support. I deposited 150NMC to the address given. It is confirmed but hasn't shown up in my account for 2 days now. http://explorer.dot-bit.org/a/N7r7xYjESmtpLFe2JAnQFvp33zLjrymGDQ

please send username

BitBid
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
I just opened an account at BTC-E.

First login was successful. After logging out, I tried to login again after some minutes. But I did not succeed - allegedly wrong password.
I tried 3 times, now the account is blocked for 30 min.

So I clicked "forgot password" and entered my email, but I did not receive any email with further instructions (I tried 2 times to no avail).
I also checked my spamfolder - no email received even after 40 minutes.

What's wrong - server overload or serious problem? (the website is otherwise responsive - no signs of an overload)

Despite their constant PR and support replies to the contrary, THEIR EMAILS ARE NOT GOING THROUGH 100%.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250

EDIT: Answer is they charge massive deposit fees. I've never encountered a stock or forex broker that took a heavy fee just for depositing. Generally they wait till you make use of their services.

I think I'll stick to the other exchanges. I notice Bitstamp has better liquidity at the moment.

Yea, I went to withdraw my LTC, found out to withdraw, they take a .5 ltc to withdraw, madness.

Agreed, way too high for LTC withdrawal.

They are not open about their fees. This is everything their FAQ says about fees

BTC-e charges a 0.2% fee on each transaction carried out by users on the website. This transaction may vary and may be different for each individual account. Specific job openings will be posted but we are always interested in hearing from you.

The first sentence is a deception. Some transactions such as deposits and withdrawals can cost much more than 0.2%. The last sentence is WTF?
Activity: 278
Merit: 251
Bitcoin-Note-and-Voucher-Printing-Empowerer
I just opened an account at BTC-E.

First login was successful. After logging out, I tried to login again after some minutes. But I did not succeed - allegedly wrong password.
I tried 3 times, now the account is blocked for 30 min.

So I clicked "forgot password" and entered my email, but I did not receive any email with further instructions (I tried 2 times to no avail).
I also checked my spamfolder - no email received even after 40 minutes.

What's wrong - server overload or serious problem? (the website is otherwise responsive - no signs of an overload)

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Still no answer from support. I deposited 150NMC to the address given. It is confirmed but hasn't shown up in my account for 2 days now. http://explorer.dot-bit.org/a/N7r7xYjESmtpLFe2JAnQFvp33zLjrymGDQ

please send username
Activity: 258
Merit: 250
You can trust me, I have an avatar

Agreed, way too high for LTC withdrawal.
Pages:
Jump to: