Pages:
Author

Topic: BTCPak - Exchange your Bitcoins for MP [$100, $250, $500 and $1000 MPs] - page 9. (Read 22642 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Quick question, is the site automatically updated with the current rate of BTC?
Activity: 349
BTCPak.com - Exchange your Bitcoins for MP!
Really easy, able to put my MoneyPak code in to my account is just a few minutes!

Been hoarding my BTC lately but 'a few minutes'; did you get ZipConf working with it?

Sadly we have not integrated with ZipConf yet.  We are still working together, I am hopeful, but not optimistic that we will be able to work something out.
legendary
Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000
Really easy, able to put my MoneyPak code in to my account is just a few minutes!

Been hoarding my BTC lately but 'a few minutes'; did you get ZipConf working with it?
Just used it for the first time, and I gotta say it's super fantastic.  Really easy, able to put my MoneyPak code in to my account is just a few minutes!  Definitely using it again Cheesy

Pretty site too! Wink

I must provide credit, where credit is due.  Phraust developed the layout of the site.  Without him the site would not look anywhere near as sharp, and I think that is reflected in the bottom line.

Thanks Phraust!

Dan
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
Mostly Harmless...
Just used it for the first time, and I gotta say it's super fantastic.  Really easy, able to put my MoneyPak code in to my account is just a few minutes!  Definitely using it again Cheesy

Pretty site too! Wink
We are now offering $1,000 MPs!  

Due to repeated requests, we have expanded our offerings to include this higher denomination.  

You can purchase with confidence.  We have sold over $85,000 worth of MPs to date.  

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks!

Dan
Successfully purchased a $500 Moneypak. Thanks.

I am glad that your transaction was smooth.  I appreciate the feedback.  Please let us know how we can assist you with your financial needs in the future.

Dan
Activity: 280
Successfully purchased a $500 Moneypak. Thanks.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
AMEX is highly regulated. Not going to be possible.

I think it would be possible because the cards were intended by Amex to be used this way.

Based on the Amex ToS one person with an address and SSN can get 3 cards; 1 for themself and 2 for 2 other people in those people's names and their address. So only one SSN is needed for the 3 cards total. Amex intends people to get cards for other people such as for their children, maids, butlers, etc.

This is if someone is going to sell you access to a card issued by their SSN. That just sounds really problematic.
legendary

I think it would be possible because the cards were intended by Amex to be used this way.

Based on the Amex ToS one person with an address and SSN can get 3 cards; 1 for themself and 2 for 2 other people in those people's names and their address. So only one SSN is needed for the 3 cards total. Amex intends people to get cards for other people such as for their children, maids, butlers, etc.
Have to throw out a huge kudos to the OP. Have not used it, but have read the thread. Very impressive exchange service, actually better than any exchange service I have seen for the largest e-currency, Liberty Reserve. That's a huge accomplishment.

BTCPak's are great; particularly in conjunction with the American Express Prepaid Card which has a $400/daily ATM withdrawal limit, no monthly fee, first withdraw in a month is free then $2/withdrawal.

What could make it better?

If BTCPak operated with ZipConf so the 6 confirmations were not an issue and you could go from bitcoins to cash in hand at an ATM in less than 1 minute.

If there were only a service to get a batch of 2-4 American Express Prepaid Cards along with possibly the online credentials so the balance can be checked. Any service providers?

legendary
Have to throw out a huge kudos to the OP. Have not used it, but have read the thread. Very impressive exchange service, actually better than any exchange service I have seen for the largest e-currency, Liberty Reserve. That's a huge accomplishment.

BTCPak's are great; particularly in conjunction with the American Express Prepaid Card which has a $400/daily ATM withdrawal limit, no monthly fee, first withdraw in a month is free then $2/withdrawal.

What could make it better?

If BTCPak operated with ZipConf so the 6 confirmations were not an issue and you could go from bitcoins to cash in hand at an ATM in less than 1 minute.

If there were only a service to get a batch of 2-4 American Express Prepaid Cards along with possibly the online credentials so the balance can be checked. Any service providers?
Since the MP code is "like cash", I am hesitant to include it in an email.

The way BitInstant solved that is to give a PIN# on the purchase summary / receipt page.

Then in the e-mail is a URL to a page, but to gain access to the moneypak code, the PIN is needed.

This is an excellent method.  We are working to implement it now.

Dan
You should offer the reverse service.  Just accept the mp codes and cash the moneypak first.  then send the btc.

I would love to.  However, that service is a bit trickier.  I did it manually for a while, but it is hard to sustain.
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
You should offer the reverse service.  Just accept the mp codes and cash the moneypak first.  then send the btc.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
Since the MoneyPak code is "like cash", I am hesitant to include it in an email.

The way BitInstant solved that is to give a PIN# on the purchase summary / receipt page.

Then in the e-mail is a URL to a page, but to gain access to the moneypak code, the PIN is needed.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Great fast service. Perfect way to cash out for my business that accepts BTC as a form of payment.

EDIT: Also wanted to understand your green address thing, is their a way to verify your address so it can be green flagged or what ever you wanna call it.

It would also be great if you could simply have the code emailed after the 6 confirmations as an option instead of having to wait on the screen for 6 confirmations, that can be a drag.

The Green Address was purposed a while ago for trusted companies to "sign" transactions.  At the moment, only the Mt.Gox green address is recognized.  Therefore if you send the funds from Mt.Gox, you will receive the MoneyPak code instantly.

I have thought about adding an option for an email address.  I will put some more thought in to that.  Since the MoneyPak code is "like cash", I am hesitant to include it in an email.

Dan

Well just make them have a choice to have it emailed, I think most people who use your service load the funds right after.
Great fast service. Perfect way to cash out for my business that accepts BTC as a form of payment.

EDIT: Also wanted to understand your green address thing, is their a way to verify your address so it can be green flagged or what ever you wanna call it.

It would also be great if you could simply have the code emailed after the 6 confirmations as an option instead of having to wait on the screen for 6 confirmations, that can be a drag.

The Green Address was purposed a while ago for trusted companies to "sign" transactions.  At the moment, only the Mt.Gox green address is recognized.  Therefore if you send the funds from Mt.Gox, you will receive the MP code instantly.

I have thought about adding an option for an email address.  I will put some more thought in to that.  Since the MP code is "like cash", I am hesitant to include it in an email.

Dan
Pages:
Jump to: