Pages:
Author

Topic: [BTCT.CO] [IPO-cancelled] BTCGARDEN MINER---Eyes to the horizon - page 9. (Read 197987 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
I am curious though there is a possible air of legitimacy about it
Only time will tell for certain as Avalon also seems to be having these threats set against them
Makes me a bit nervous since AM is china as well but I trust Friedcat more than anything else

I do have a question Aiwill is this related to the Avalon Incident? Extortion from same entity
For those who aren't caught up on Avalon
http://www.avalon-asics.com/

Hopefully I am not seeing a trend here of extortion in Chinese IPO's becoming commonplace.
Activity: 275
Merit: 250
so in other words these guys got a 0% interest loan from our community.. cool, hope their asic business does well and make them rich
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Duuude, are you trying to tell me I should only invest what I can afford to loose?  Roll Eyes
That's the stupidest "rule" in bitcoin town.
It's like when you get your car stolen and the police tells you:
"Well, why did you drive such an expensive car?? You should only buy a car you can afford to loose!"

The cops should tell you exactly that, if you're uninsured.
There is no "insurance" in this particular investment ie. only invest what you can afford to lose
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024
Thanks for the headsup.
Activity: 83
Well done! Real Bitcoiner.
Activity: 392
Not sure how a buyback would lose peoples trust in Bitcoin.  If anything, it would earn trust.  Shareholders are being GIVEN BACK THEIR MONEY, what more could you ask for from a failed company?  That's an incredible victory for bitcoin securities. 
Activity: 112
1. some other people started some serious dumping action
2. many people sold their shares for a loss to buy back later as a result
c: They are screwed

That is BTCGarden's responsibility because...?

Really?
Maybe because they wanted to do business and decided to IPO, which means they sold shares of their company to their investors (those people who are screwed because they funded them) and so they should care about them and not just go full retard and suddently close down everything without a warning because some kid talked shit.
If Mt.Gox shut down everytime some kid talked shit about them or faced some problems.. well.. you know what I mean.

Also, they are a mining company which tells me they should care about bitcoin and the economy and doing this isn't good for bitcoin at all.
People lost money, so they loose interest in bitcoin and just wait what happens to the exchange rate when those 32064 BTC hit the market.

Also there's always a risk when you invest in a company. Especially a bitcoin one. Even moreso when the majority of investors here don't truly understand the world these people operate in because we're westerners.

Duuude, are you trying to tell me I should only invest what I can afford to loose?  Roll Eyes
That's the stupidest "rule" in bitcoin town.
It's like when you get your car stolen and the police tells you:
"Well, why did you drive such an expensive car?? You should only buy a car you can afford to loose!"

A few weeks ago everybody was screeming SCAM SCAM,
because there was only a "MS Paint Chip Drawing" and now everybody is totally cool with it.
I don't get it.

I think about requesting a scammer tag,
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
I am Chinese live in China, I do not understand too.

Force buy back all shares just because one random jerk calling to police, it's ridiculous. Ridiculous even in North Korea.

It was a scam all along.  But they got scammed by a better scammer before being able to get the pay-off.

Anyone stupid enough to give GARDEN their BTC is also stupid enough to believe their ludicrous 'lone conman' story.    Roll Eyes

Thankfully iCE.DRiLL will not have its reputation sullied by being listed among the scams at the BTCT boiler room.
Activity: 420

I imagine a certain percentage of them will leave the market by fear.
Activity: 811
Merit: 1000
Web Developer
So where all the coins heading?
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
Wow well its not that we don't have our own bounty hunters to get scammers here
They are so prevalent but it is an interesting decision, best of luck.
I must admit that I agree with everyone that Chinese Regulations are vague
But they are as similar as others on it, with groups like ASICminer around the bitcoins are mobile.
Last I heard their were still conferences in China about bitcoin but I guess the climate can change suddenly.
It is a very interesting story I hope your personal security is improved and that as a company you are able to grow.
Activity: 119
Yeah I agree yuansuyi it sounds crazy. But I'm not one to judge I have no reference experiences.
Activity: 210

Also there's always a risk when you invest in a company. Especially a bitcoin one. Even moreso when the majority of investors here don't truly understand the world these people operate in because we're westerners.

I am Chinese live in China, I do not understand too.

Force buy back all shares just because one random jerk calling to police, it's ridiculous. Ridiculous even in North Korea.

Activity: 119

Activity: 112
This is a really sad end, as I have a few hundreds coins in it, but this is probably the smartest decision for BTC-Garden to make. The legal risk in China is higher than most of you could imagine. Its not impossible for government to seize their assets - if that happen, everyone lose way more than just 10 days opportunity cost.

Srsly, there's always a risk when you start a company and they knew about this before the IPO..
Well, at least I expect them to know about it before collecting millions from investors.

I mean this is not like selling cars or something where you can do a backorder if there is something wrong.

They sold ALOT of shares and people started trading them,
some other people started some serious dumping action (which didn't make sense at all)
and because of this many people sold their shares for a loss to buy back later..
They are screwed now.

This is messed up and just buying back for the IPO price won't fix this.
Activity: 392
If this is the case, show your evidence, defend yourself, and deal with the police.
Why just cancel everything?
Only the police deal with you,you can't deal with the police.

And,welcome to China.

The risk isn't worth it.  Chinese prisons are pretty fucked up.  Torture can be a horrible thing..
Activity: 234
Merit: 100
If this is the case, show your evidence, defend yourself, and deal with the police.
Only the police deal with you,you can't deal with the police.

And,welcome to China.
Activity: 210
aiwill knows who firedcat is, and police know who aiwill is.

police can know who firedcat is, if they want to do so.

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Fact: we never did such thing, btcsea's traffic wasn't much different in those days of IPO as any other day before that.

Due to the immature laws of china.... Grin

and there are actually a ton of scamers there.( Avalon is suffering the same.)
Pages:
Jump to: