Pages:
Author

Topic: Bullion (CBX) 'the Digital Precious Metal' | 2019 Roadmap published - page 2. (Read 359455 times)

Activity: 687
Merit: 501
AVANTAGE - Blockchain Loyalty System
Hello friends

Looks like CBX has hung itself again, from lack of open wallets?

Can someone restart the chain please? Ill leave my wallet open and in staking mode
Activity: 285
Merit: 255
Waiting to sync Bullion Vault version v3.0.1.0-3018c01 (64-bit)

I have no clue if there was a swap or what's going on, after syncing I'll unlock and try to help move the chain.

Hope this helps.

Seems to be working, I'm on the road for awhile so I'll keep it running when I can.

Once I get settled I'll try to get something static up and running.

Moderator note: Consecutive posts merged
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219
💲🏎️💨🚓
Instead of splitting your coins into smaller wallet addresses, you can always  use the command

Code:
reservebalance true 999999

Where 999999 is a smaller fraction of your balance (the rest will stake, but not the part you specify).

reservebalance is used for not staking.

Correct.

Where 999999 is a smaller fraction of your balance (the rest will stake, but not the part you specify).

The smaller fraction of your balance.  Clearly no one has 999,999 CBX, so I could as easily said 100, but I have a feeling you would have stumbled on that number also.

This is used for when you know you want to send some coins in the near future so nothing is staking while you are preparing the transaction (usually, wait an hour or so after you issue the command.) Or you have a certain amount reserved that will not stake, so you can spend it anytime without waiting for any stakes to mature. You'll always have the amount in reserve available.

For most people, this is not very useful as you want to stake as much as you can anyway.

Also, you don't need to split into different addresses, you can split into the same address. I've done this with other coins that had this feature and it works well.

Anyway, my wallet is sync'd and staked a couple of times already. I split it into parts of about 100 CBX each. It should help stake for awhile. Got 0.04 CBX per stake.

0.044254 CBX is what the block size reward is at this point (and has been since the PoW phase was phased out when the total supply neared (but didn't quite reach) 1M CGB as it was know at that time.).
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
Instead of splitting your coins into smaller wallet addresses, you can always  use the command

Code:

reservebalance is used for not staking. If you put that number 999999 or any number more than the coins you have, your wallet will not stake at all. This is used for when you know you want to send some coins in the near future so nothing is staking while you are preparing the transaction (usually, wait an hour or so after you issue the command.) Or you have a certain amount reserved that will not stake, so you can spend it anytime without waiting for any stakes to mature. You'll always have the amount in reserve available.

For most people, this is not very useful as you want to stake as much as you can anyway.

Also, you don't need to split into different addresses, you can split into the same address. I've done this with other coins that had this feature and it works well.

Anyway, my wallet is sync'd and staked a couple of times already. I split it into parts of about 100 CBX each. It should help stake for awhile. Got 0.04 CBX per stake.
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219
💲🏎️💨🚓

Code:

legendary
The Concierge of Crypto
Nice. I've split around 5000 into 100's hopefully this will keep things moving. One of the problems was that a staked input would not be eligible to stake again until after 25 confirmations.

Not sure if any of those exchanges have a working wallet so be very careful sending funds to and from!

I think the only saving grace for CBX now would be for elambert to fully hand the reins over to someone with an interest on taking this old relic forward.

I think the staking time is about 1 hour, or that's what the spec says.

elambert did sort of hand it over to Alex4J, who made a couple of updates but then disappeared for unknown reasons (there was talk he went on vacation back then or did another coin, but nothing confirmed), then it was supposed to go to something called Aptum but that got cancelled too.

Then of course there was the Spark ICO but everyone got refunded already.

There are a few devs out there who can either take care of maintenance or move this forward. As much as it pains me to suggest this, perhaps a new team and/or a swap is needed? or fork? (if there is a swap, it can be through an exchange or something similar that lasts several months, and announced as many places as possible.) Or there could be a future snapshot of coin balances and then a switch to the new network, both also clearly announced in advance, in order to retain the original addresses.

This coin skipped the masternode phase, or that was the last thing that never got implemented.

My wallet is connected to 6 peers and is still about 1 year away.

Do we want other devs to take a look at this?
Activity: 750
Merit: 503
Mod note: Consecutive posts merged

Launching latest wallet version 3.0.1 and going to try and stake a few, I have less than 500 CBX I think.

It's connected to a few peers and syncing now, going to take a few hours, I think it started from scratch, says 7~6 years. I'll let it run and then split whatever coins I have.

What other exchanges have it now? Maybe try to get it listed on txbit or something.

Nice. I've split around 5000 into 100's hopefully this will keep things moving. One of the problems was that a staked input would not be eligible to stake again until after 25 confirmations.

Not sure if any of those exchanges have a working wallet so be very careful sending funds to and from!

I think the only saving grace for CBX now would be for elambert to fully hand the reins over to someone with an interest on taking this old relic forward.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Mod Note: Consecutive posts merged

It's connected to a few peers and syncing now, going to take a few hours, I think it started from scratch, says 7~6 years. I'll let it run and then split whatever coins I have.

What other exchanges have it now? Maybe try to get it listed on txbit or something.

That's the problem, it's only on Yobit(So that's a no-go) and CREX24 and I can't trade there being from the US. Maybe Freiexchange, it seems to have a bunch of similar coins from around that time, like Hobonickles and Philosopherstone, wish both of those would make a bit of a comeback as well.

Launching latest wallet version 3.0.1 and going to try and stake a few, I have less than 500 CBX I think.
That's plenty, I was getting consistent stakes with 100, but I currently have mine split 1200 and 600 and 600 or so.
legendary
The Concierge of Crypto
Mod note: Consecutive posts merged

Activity: 750
Merit: 503
A single amount in your wallet will only stake once per hour. If you use the 'custon change address' option in the send tab of the wallet and check the 'Split UTXO' box you can send a transaction to yourself and create multiple inputs.
The wallet will automatically split balances above 500 CBX when staking, but any amount lower than this will remain as one input.

If everyone could create multiple inputs of at least 100 CBX, this should help by allowing your wallet to stake multiple times per hour.
Alright, I put my small wallet up for staking also, if this helps...

With pure staking coins, every wallet open and staking helps, especially without masternodes being implemented. So, welcome to the fold.
Activity: 687
Merit: 501
AVANTAGE - Blockchain Loyalty System
Alright, I put my small wallet up for staking also, if this helps...
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073
Thanks for the update, if you're out of pocket at all for the VPS (assuming it was online of course) then I for one don't mind helping you out with a few dollars.  Will this be an on going solution, or a one off fix?

I would say this is more of a one off fix. Thanks for the offer; I don't need support for running a node. I actually run multiple nodes for few other old good coins, just to keep them running. In the most cases that is absolutely meaningless, but well, during this crypto journey I got somehow emotionally attached to few coins (that's a nonsense, I know, but anyway), so am running nodes just to make some [meaningless] contribution.

Bullion is not one of those coins though, so I will just keep a snapshot ready to push it again if it gets stuck. More permanent solution could be if several members of this community make the small hack I described before, or better change the lockup period for their local wallets from 6 hours to something around 24-48 hours. That's an easy change, but needs to be done in the source code, with subsequent rebuilding of the wallet. For Linux it is trivial, but I guess most users here run Windows wallet, so would be useful if someone builds a Windows wallet with such change (I have never done that, so not familiar with procedure).

Alternatively, if dexterw1n and other holders run 24/7 nodes, the problem will not appear again soon; and Bullion can sleep again, waiting for a brave man to pick it up and run again... I assume this coin needs only a maintainer and a marketer. It is the oldest crypto-gold chain, so it could use that theme without too much revolutionary development for a while.
Ok, I now have 2 staking nodes and another staking wallet going just hope things work out ok.
Right now the block time is at almost 4 hours, if it gets to 6 the chain will get stuck again, hopefully, a few stakes happen soon.
Well, there's no one running it currently, I haven't seen Elambert on the Telegram channel since 2018 or 2017. So it's just been working, but I had computer trouble lately and my node went down which helped stop the chain, thankfully drays got it started again. I now have 2 nodes on different Ip's and another just staking on the same network as my main node. I dunno, just hope something happens lol
I wish there was a way to reconcile the CBX lost at Cryptsy and Cryptopia, and really YoBit, they can't be trusted, that along with the low supply and there not really being any reliable exchanges really don't bode well for me, but, I got the btc to purchase this for cheap so whatever, at the time it was just something to play around with, now, lol hindsight is 20/20.
I wish I kept the hdd that the motor went out in that had 50 btc on it, but I have no idea, that was 2009 right after some family deaths, so I don't remember half that time, mind was in a bad place, could have bought 10000 btc at one time, but I spent the money it on drugs...oh well lol. Mined 30000000 doge the first 2 days it came out, ended up just throwing that away, it was a meme...lol but yeah I'm just trying to have fun now.
Activity: 2030
Merit: 356
Can you tell me what will be your ROI if you implement this setup ?
2500 CBX will cost around 168$ at current price level. If you can show me your total investment and the profit rates, i would also be interesting in setting this up.

Hahaha, I'm not even thinking about ROI, I got into things at the wrong time, I'm down around 10k USD lol so I just want this coin to not die and hopefully get resurrected. Not thinking about profits only HODL.

You must have bought at the high prices. I am asking from the perspective of a new investor in this project. Is it worth investing in it at this moment ?
If the team is alive and following the roadmap, things will recover for sure.
2500 CBX will cost around 168$ at current price level. If you can show me your total investment and the profit rates, i would also be interesting in setting this up.

Hahaha, I'm not even thinking about ROI, I got into things at the wrong time, I'm down around 10k USD lol so I just want this coin to not die and hopefully get resurrected. Not thinking about profits only HODL.
Activity: 2030
Merit: 356
I have my issues straightened out, I am going to get another staking node going at work, the laptop there is on 24/7 and hardly ever used and I'm the guy that does any work on it if needed. I have about 2500 CBX, going to send 500 to it to get things going. And I'll make sure and open port 7695.

Pages:
Jump to: