Pages:
Author

Topic: Butterfly Labs - Bitforce Single and Mini Rig Box - page 85. (Read 186929 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 501
For those of you who are not following the off-topic thread, gigavps posted unboxing pictures:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.763375
Activity: 217
Merit: 100
I am becoming increasingly excited for my 2 singles to be delivered soon!!
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
www.bitcointrading.com
They are not building these in an apartment.  It's an actual place of business and the address that's floating around is not the place of manufacture as it were. 

Is the reason for secrecy of their actual place of business due to fear that a crazed mob might break their doors down?
More bitcoins, more problems. Smiley
Activity: 348
Merit: 250
They are not building these in an apartment.  It's an actual place of business and the address that's floating around is not the place of manufacture as it were. 

Is the reason for secrecy of their actual place of business due to fear that a crazed mob might break their doors down?
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
I'll point him to your post if you can verify that.
He's usually in #cgminer where I 'live' Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1260

As far as the temp goes, Kano - I am running 2.2.7 and Sonny told me the firmware he loaded exposed the temp, but I'm not seeing it in 2.2.7, so something is broken somewhere.  Thinking back on it, perhaps he meant that the current code to get the temp in CGminer is broken, not that it wasn't in there or something?  I'm not sure, I will have to clarify that. 

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I want this to be real
legendary
Activity: 2044
Just got back from BFL's office. 

Just gonna say... BFL SINGLES EVERYWHERE, yikes!  Lots of shipping boxes, printed info sheets, units in various states of assembly, etc...  From what I understand, several units have already shipped to interested parties, besides myself.  I did not inquire as to who that might be.

Anyway, I got a slightly revised unit with bigger/more heatsinks and a new power supply unit.  It's hooked up and running right now with CGMiner... I am told that the new firmware load exposes the temp of the chips, but that option is not yet available in cgminer.  As soon as the codebase for cgminer is updated, you (I) should be able to see the temp of the core(s?).  The current compile of Ufasoft is apparently not seeing the BFL unit, so I'm waiting on a new set of code for Ufasoft before trying it.  I'm told that it will support hot plugging, which is fairly awesome.

I also saw a revised HSF that looks great for units going forward (Rev 2?) and should alleviate a lot of the heat issues people in hotter environments might run into.

I also got a bit more info on the Rigbox, which I'm not sure how much BFL wants me to share with regards to that... but suffice to say I understand now how the hashrate calculation is increased from the singles. It makes sense to me, but time will tell.

As of this post, I'll keep an eye on the hashrate and see how it sticks.  I still need to move the unit to a different location, which I plan on doing tomorrow. Hopefully, though, it won't be overheating tonight.

Hey, so clear something up....are they really building these in an apartment, or is that simply BS? 
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Anyway, I got a slightly revised unit with bigger/more heatsinks and a new power supply unit.  It's hooked up and running right now with CGMiner... I am told that the new firmware load exposes the temp of the chips, but that option is not yet available in cgminer.  As soon as the codebase for cgminer is updated, you (I) should be able to see the temp of the core(s?).

As of this post, I'll keep an eye on the hashrate and see how it sticks.  I still need to move the unit to a different location, which I plan on doing tomorrow. Hopefully, though, it won't be overheating tonight.

Which old version of cgminer are you running?
Luke put the temperature code in there a while ago.

I'll check exactly when now ...
10-Feb: https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/blob/543265d66af56b17684a716ed6db13c383420430/bitforce.c

The code says:
Code:
float gt = bitforce->temp;
if (gt > 0)
so probably one of:
1) Your not running the current cgminer (2.2.7 - though it's in 2.2.4, 2.2.5 & 2.2.6)
2) The bitforce you were using doesn't support temps - maybe the new one does?
3) The code to get the temp is buggy - chase up Luke-jr to fix it
Activity: 295
I don't suppose you have a hi-res infrared camera handy ....

I have a nice fluke infrared camera at my disposal, if someone wants to get me a BFL single  Wink
legendary
No, but I will be glad to take one as a donation! 

Randy already convinced me to buy a hangliding go-kart, so I have no money left for a camera. Sad
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
I don't suppose you have a hi-res infrared camera handy ....
legendary
I think there is still some heat issues, not sure though.  The longer cable tomorrow should clear that up.
Activity: 350
No positive news allowed!
lol relax ... i'm aware of what an average is Smiley
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
oh oh ... speed is over 870 mh/s now ... seems to have exceeded the spec speed of 832 mh/s ... better trash bfl for false advertising

It has been over 870 MH/s before.  Mining is a marathon not a sprint.  Maybe you should see if it does 832 MH/s sustained for a week before you start offering congratulatory blowjobs.  
oh oh ... speed is over 870 mh/s now ... seems to have exceeded the spec speed of 832 mh/s ... better trash bfl for false advertising
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer
The speed is looking good!
thanks inaba ... great update
legendary
Just got back from BFL's office. 

Just gonna say... BFL SINGLES EVERYWHERE, yikes!  Lots of shipping boxes, printed info sheets, units in various states of assembly, etc...  From what I understand, several units have already shipped to interested parties, besides myself.  I did not inquire as to who that might be.

Anyway, I got a slightly revised unit with bigger/more heatsinks and a new power supply unit.  It's hooked up and running right now with CGMiner... I am told that the new firmware load exposes the temp of the chips, but that option is not yet available in cgminer.  As soon as the codebase for cgminer is updated, you (I) should be able to see the temp of the core(s?).  The current compile of Ufasoft is apparently not seeing the BFL unit, so I'm waiting on a new set of code for Ufasoft before trying it.  I'm told that it will support hot plugging, which is fairly awesome.

I also saw a revised HSF that looks great for units going forward (Rev 2?) and should alleviate a lot of the heat issues people in hotter environments might run into.

I also got a bit more info on the Rigbox, which I'm not sure how much BFL wants me to share with regards to that... but suffice to say I understand now how the hashrate calculation is increased from the singles. It makes sense to me, but time will tell.

Pages:
Jump to: