Pages:
Author

Topic: Butterfly Labs - Bitforce Single and Mini Rig Box - page 82. (Read 186929 times)

Activity: 349
Merit: 250
BFL is obviously so overwealmed by the Bitcoin community that they aren even answering their phones or returning emails at this point, lets help it turns around soon , I have been trying for two days to place an order for 2 BFL singles via dwolla and I cant seem to get ahold of ANYONE
At least you got your order in queue. If price follows the rules of supply and demand then the price should be going UP!
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!
BFL is obviously so overwealmed by the Bitcoin community that they aren even answering their phones or returning emails at this point, lets help it turns around soon , I have been trying for two days to place an order for 2 BFL singles via dwolla and I cant seem to get ahold of ANYONE

Activity: 489
Merit: 500
Immersionist
Storage for what? A hundred singles could be stored in your trunk under your bed.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
Minimum 20% (VAT) of total value (including shipping cost) goes to her royal majesty if I am not wrong.

If it arrives by couriers, they may charge another fee on top of that for the handling.

BFL has now put international shipping cost at $88 (forgot what it was before but lower I think), that smells like courier to me.

Sounds as we could use a reseller within EU.

I'd help do that if I can find enough storage?
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
Minimum 20% (VAT) of total value (including shipping cost) goes to her royal majesty if I am not wrong.

If it arrives by couriers, they may charge another fee on top of that for the handling.

BFL has now put international shipping cost at $88 (forgot what it was before but lower I think), that smells like courier to me.

Sounds as we could use a reseller within EU.
Immersionist

If it arrives by courier, they may charge another fee on top of that for the handling.

legendary
Marking them as gift is no use, as you'll have to pay import tax even on gifts in the UK or EU after a certain amount (40 Euros as far as I know, when received as package).

And I don't see BFL undervaluing them in the customs  form, since they'd have difficulties to prove (to PayPal or Credit Card company) that they shipped indeed what you paid for. Maybe if you paid by bitcoin, but since they pulled that now I guess that would only be an option for a few lucky ones who ordered in the past.

Also, customs are not that stupid. If the parcel comes from Butterfly labs they'll Google that and come up with the real price of the item.

Unless BFL doesn't give a sh*t, then they'd send the parcel from a private address with a private name and say here's your 'magic electronics' you forgot at my place during our new year engineering session at my house. But I doubt customs would fall for that. Maybe they could pretend it being an RMA, but customs may ask you for proof that you actually sent something to them and that you paid tax when you originally bought the item.

Either way, you are screwed if you live in Europe ;-)

So what kind of fees am I looking at paying to Royal Mail for delivery on my £450 purchase?
Immersionist
Marking them as gift is no use, as you'll have to pay import tax even on gifts in the UK or EU after a certain amount (40 Euros as far as I know, when received as package).

And I don't see BFL undervaluing them in the customs  form, since they'd have difficulties to prove (to PayPal or Credit Card company) that they shipped indeed what you paid for. Maybe if you paid by bitcoin, but since they pulled that now I guess that would only be an option for a few lucky ones who ordered in the past.

Also, customs are not that stupid. If the parcel comes from Butterfly Labs they'll Google that (or just type the URL on the invoice) and come up with the real price of the item.

Unless BFL doesn't give a sh*t, then they'd send the parcel from a private address with a private name and say here's your 'magic electronics' you forgot at my place during our new year engineering session at my house. But I doubt customs would fall for that. Maybe they could pretend it being an RMA, but customs may ask you for proof that you actually sent something to them and that you paid tax when you originally bought the item. Might work for a second unit though, you could just pretend you sent your first one back and thats the new one (they will probably ask for a receipt to show you actually sent something back).

Either way, you are screwed if you live in Europe ;-)
legendary
Just ordered one today with PayPal how long is UK delivery?  Emailed them this morning and they haven't got back yet?

PLEASE let us know when they arrive and how much you are taxed, VAT, import duty, shipping etc.

Eg all in all how much does a single unit cost fully in GBP to my door with all the extra $$$ included etc.

I bet they won't be marking them as "gifts" Roll Eyes

Thanks !

My PayPal payment came to £449.15
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!
I have placed two orders in the last couple of days, first i placed an order 2 BFL singles  with bitcoin as payment but like an hour later they took Bitcoin off their site as accepted payment, so I placed another order this morning to order paying with dwolla

I have not heard back from them at all by email or by phone

I am hoping they are just not working today (friday) and will be around monday. I would really like to get my order in motion.

Anyone else having a similar experience or currently trying to place an order with BFL other than with PayPal?

Activity: 518
Just ordered one today with PayPal how long is UK delivery?  Emailed them this morning and they haven't got back yet?

PLEASE let us know when they arrive and how much you are taxed, VAT, import duty, shipping etc.

Eg all in all how much does a single unit cost fully in GBP to my door with all the extra $$$ included etc.

I bet they won't be marking them as "gifts" Roll Eyes

Thanks !
legendary
Does anyone know how difficult/easy these are to set up to do merged mining on P2Pool?

It shouldn't be any different.

The miner hardware (actual CPU/GPU/FPGA) simply gets a binary blob of data combines it with a nonce that it increments, hashes it and looks for nonces "small" enough". It has really no concept of what it is doing.

It is the mining software which sets up those "work units" and returns proofs of work. 
It is the pool (p2pool daemon for p2pool) which ensures the blockheaders work for both chains.

Does anyone know where I should look for info on setting one up using Ubuntu.  Only ever set up a CPU miner before on Ubuntu which wasn't very difficult thanks to simple instructions.
The P2Pool thread?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/1500-th-p2pool-decentralized-dos-resistant-hop-proof-pool-18313

This thread - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/a-complete-guide-to-p2pool-merged-mining-btcnmcdvcixci0c-plus-ltc-linux-62842 - looks better for setting up P2Pool to merge mine on Ubuntu but there is no instructions on setting the BFL's up on cgminer using Ubuntu.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Does anyone know how difficult/easy these are to set up to do merged mining on P2Pool?

The miner hardware (actual CPU/GPU/FPGA) simply gets a binary blob of data combines it with a nonce that it increments, hashes it and looks for nonces "small" enough". It has really no concept of what it is doing.

It is the mining software which sets up those "work units" and returns proofs of work. 
It is the pool (p2pool daemon for p2pool) which ensures the blockheaders work for both chains.

Does anyone know where I should look for info on setting one up using Ubuntu.  Only ever set up a CPU miner before on Ubuntu which wasn't very difficult thanks to simple instructions.
The P2Pool thread?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/1500-th-p2pool-decentralized-dos-resistant-hop-proof-pool-18313
legendary

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis

legendary
legendary
Activity: 922
I suspect they have been inundated with orders ever since Inaba and Gigavps started to publicly display their units. My understanding is that BFL has generally been quite timely in responding to customers (via email correspondence).
legendary
Just ordered one today with PayPal how long is UK delivery?  Emailed them this morning and they haven't got back yet?
Activity: 686
Merit: 564
Inaba, are CGminer and Ufasoft the only miner options available
I have a poclbm fork but it's a bit quirky, I've no idea if it works with the non-prototype hardware, and it probably doesn't work anyway right now due because there's a bug in the core poclbm code which that branch doesn't have the fix for. To be honest CGminer is better anyway.
Activity: 349
Merit: 250
I can put it back online if people want.  I just figured since one was in the wild, it was kind of redundant.
No need. I was simply measuring performance. On the second sheet is a graph, where you can see the MH/s over time.

Pages:
Jump to: