Pages:
Author

Topic: Butterfly Labs - Bitforce Single and Mini Rig Box - page 87. (Read 186929 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
I huge difference. WORKING PROTOTYPE. That is all.

The product BFL sold never existed. Not even in prototype form. It was nothing more than an extremely poor estimate.

A)  How do you know a prototype never existed?
B)  They do exist (Look up Inaba's post history).
C)  The values may have moved around slightly, but they're not too far off from original estimates.
D)  I'm approaching the conclusion that a lot of the people with these same rhetorical arguments have little or no product design and implementation knowledge let-alone experience.

You know how prototypes get created?  A guy with an idea, business plan and preliminary work-up of the design backed by tabulated and analysed data goes hunting for investors.  Investors like the what the guy's proposing and throw money (within reason) at the creator until a prototype is created.  The prototype is then tested and the design is revised multiple times until a satisfactory final product is created.  It is then marketed, sold and returns are collected and distributed amongst the parties involved.  It seems that in this case the "investors" were guys like you and me who liked what they saw and jumped at a pre-order.  These pre-orders provided the capital to get the prototype created and developed so that the *first* of many design revisions could begin.

I realize shipping dates have been promised and missed, and I'll concede that BFL fucked up in that regard.  But what do you want?  Do you want them to adhere to some arbitrary date and send out garbage?  Or would you rather wait to get a product that performs close to what you've been promised.

People keep saying they're a scam and a fraud and it's been proven by a third party that is in fact *not* a fraud.  So quit it with this bullshit.  Quit fucking with every thread where someone wants to discuss technical details because you guys can't get the design process through your thick skulls.

From: http://www.landsnail.com/apple/local/garage/apple.html

"When he was in eighth grade, Steve Jobs, later the co-founder of Apple Computer, telephoned William Hewlett, president of Hewlett-Packard. "Bill answered, and I said, 'Hi, you know, uh, I'm 12 years old and I'm trying to build a frequency counter,' " Jobs recalls. Hewlett, a symbol of entrepreneurial success in the Santa Clara Valley, chatted graciously with Jobs for 20 minutes. When it was over, the kid got not only the Hewlett-Packard parts he needed but a summer job at the company as well."

Sounds a lot like investment on an idea despite the lack of a "working prototype" doesn't it?
legendary
Dropt, that was an excellent post, you shouldn't have deleted it

*sigh*  You're probably right.  I feared like i was coming off like a jackass.  However, I too thought it was pretty good, so maybe I'll re-write it.

Is there some contention over BFL not having a working prototype?

No, because it does exist.  I wrote a post regarding this whole fiasco then deleted it, I'm seeing if it can be retrieved.

I'll take that as meaning "Yes (there is contention), because it (the prototype) does exist".

Very confusing. I'll wait for your typed up whateveritis.

No, there would be if we were debating its existence in theory, but it physically exists.  I'm right and the other parties refuse to accept it.    See my next post for my whateveritis.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

*sigh*  You're probably right.  I feared like i was coming off like a jackass.  However, I too thought it was pretty good, so maybe I'll re-write it.

No, because it does exist.  I wrote a post regarding this whole fiasco then deleted it, I'm seeing if it can be retrieved.

I'll take that as meaning "Yes (there is contention), because it (the prototype) does exist".

Very confusing. I'll wait for your typed up whateveritis.
legendary
I have it in my deleted emails.  I'll PM it to you Wink

Who's awesome? RoloTonyBrownTown is awesome.  Thanks for that!
Activity: 350
Merit: 250

*sigh*  You're probably right.  I feared like i was coming off like a jackass.  However, I too thought it was pretty good, so maybe I'll re-write it.

I have it in my deleted emails.  I'll PM it to you Wink
legendary

legendary

*sigh*  You're probably right.  I feared like i was coming off like a jackass.  However, I too thought it was pretty good, so maybe I'll re-write it.
Activity: 350
legendary
The address is odd, seems scammy. Happy to be proven wrong.

25E 12th Street
Kansas City, Missouri 64106

That's a 12 story building, usually a suite number is needed for large buildings.

Its # 804, a cheap 1 or 2 bedroom apt., I agree that it has a whiff of something, but Inaba is putting his reputation on the line by backing them. (he has met with them in person)

Apparently ten years experience in FPGA design hasn't netted him enough profit for a real office.

Know much about start-ups?  

http://www.retireat21.com/blog/10-companies-started-garages

What are you saying?  Are you making claim that BFL does or does not have a prototype or that any of those 10 companies did or did not have a prototype?

25E 12th Street

That's a 12 story building, usually a suite number is needed for large buildings.

Its # 804, a cheap 1 or 2 bedroom apt., I agree that it has a whiff of something, but Inaba is putting his reputation on the line by backing them. (he has met with them in person)

Apparently ten years experience in FPGA design hasn't netted him enough profit for a real office.

legendary

25E 12th Street

Activity: 107
Merit: 10
early march

25E 12th Street

Activity: 70

25E 12th Street

Sorry for the double post, but I'm starting a 3 BTC Bounty for a shipping number followed by an unboxing video. Anyone else on board? Quote this thread and add your bounty amount so that we can keep a tally.

Its been 5 days since fred0 was told shipments would start and we haven't seen a single tracking number OR unboxing video.
looks like they're shipping
rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh
do you plug these into your computer via USB??? How do they work?
They require a USB connection and a 12 volt power supply (included).
Activity: 714
Coin Generator
do you plug these into your computer via USB??? How do they work?
Has anyone else received tracking information on their orders?
Pages:
Jump to: