Pages:
Author

Topic: Butterflylabs Huge SCAM - page 29. (Read 415652 times)

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
January 30, 2014, 07:09:51 AM
I'd love an explanation on the triple certified prototype
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
January 30, 2014, 03:23:52 AM
Good seeing you in Miami Josh. How's the preorder business?

ah..its a 'pre-order' business...i thought it was a btc miner equip operation duh

guess that i  why i could not get my bfl stuff from april (told would ship in may) till November
according to the date method on 30gh and 60gh on bfl site per shipping

(alas was  noob upgraded them to monarch i will never see until april again ..ah well live and learn)

pre-order business ...er now it all makes perfect sense!

Searing
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008
CEO of IOHK
January 30, 2014, 02:34:32 AM
Good seeing you in Miami Josh. How's the preorder business?
Activity: 560
Merit: 504
I know the voices in my head aren't real.
January 29, 2014, 09:54:45 PM
fyi im still waiting for an RMA on the powersupply.

I didn't think they did refunds? powersupply for what?
the psu is under warranty. its for a 50 GH/s miner
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.
January 29, 2014, 06:42:36 PM
Don't you love how people feel the need to tell you they are putting you on their ignore list?  Like it is some monumental occasion that you are being ignored by someone who has no influence on any facet of life.

It reminds me of a mouse trying to explain to a falcon that he is being ignored. What is the point?  The falcon doesn't care, but I'm sure the mouse thinks that he has some measure of control over the events around him.  Unfortunately for the mouse, that measure of control is purely an illusion, but I'm sure it makes the mouse feel a lot better for a brief period of time.

Yo Josh,

Did you get my communication about the very legit candidates for your charity-enforced-fund?
Some serious people are waiting for a boost to help turn another page.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
January 29, 2014, 05:28:57 PM
fyi im still waiting for an RMA on the powersupply.

I didn't think they did refunds? powersupply for what?
Activity: 560
Merit: 504
I know the voices in my head aren't real.
January 29, 2014, 04:58:14 PM
Here's a response I rec'd regarding delivery of the 50 GH/s Bitcoin Miner

Thank you for your interest in Butterfly Labs. All products are made in the order in which they are received. In response to your delivery inquiry, upon placing an order from us today, it will be a few weeks before your product arrives, and that depends on what part of the country you're in. I hope this helps. Again Thank you for choosing Butterfly Labs.

SO why can't a company making and selling a product tell you when it will be shipped? Should they be trusted?
fyi im still waiting for an RMA on the powersupply. its been a few day and its still pending. the email from Nathan doesn't make me feel any better. things seem to move s-l-o-w-l-y at the office.

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
January 29, 2014, 04:15:37 PM
Here's a response I rec'd regarding delivery of the 50 GH/s Bitcoin Miner

Thank you for your interest in Butterfly Labs. All products are made in the order in which they are received. In response to your delivery inquiry, upon placing an order from us today, it will be a few weeks before your product arrives, and that depends on what part of the country you're in. I hope this helps. Again Thank you for choosing Butterfly Labs.

SO why can't a company making and selling a product tell you when it will be shipped? Should they be trusted?
legendary
Okey Dokey Lokey
January 29, 2014, 11:19:31 AM
IKR? if they are ignoring you then why bother to interact with them in the first place? Don't wanna look at the homeless guy and give him change? Don't walk up to him and say "I'm ignoring you" just keep walking.

It's just to spare them their time wasted posting whiny-ass walls of text at me.  If they want to waste their time anyway, no concern of mine.  Why bother talking to someone who's ignoring them?
To get a reaction.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
January 28, 2014, 04:16:12 PM
IKR? if they are ignoring you then why bother to interact with them in the first place? Don't wanna look at the homeless guy and give him change? Don't walk up to him and say "I'm ignoring you" just keep walking.

It's just to spare them their time wasted posting whiny-ass walls of text at me.  If they want to waste their time anyway, no concern of mine.  Why bother talking to someone who's ignoring them?
Activity: 335
January 28, 2014, 03:30:37 PM
Don't you love how people feel the need to tell you they are putting you on their ignore list?  Like it is some monumental occasion that you are being ignored by someone who has no influence on any facet of life.

It reminds me of a mouse trying to explain to a falcon that he is being ignored. What is the point?  The falcon doesn't care, but I'm sure the mouse thinks that he has some measure of control over the events around him.  Unfortunately for the mouse, that measure of control is purely an illusion, but I'm sure it makes the mouse feel a lot better for a brief period of time.

Hehe Smiley true that

I'm also amazed that they are unwilling to accept that anybody likes BFL, it's beyond deluded and approaching religious zealotry.
I said my piece here Smiley keep up the good work Josh Smiley Hopefully on my way to somewhere, I can swing by your HQ and buy you guys lunch.  I love to hear the war stories sometime.

Cheesy

I'd say more but this tool will obviously keep twisting words and arguing with himself.
legendary
Okey Dokey Lokey
January 28, 2014, 01:51:17 PM
  • If your going to pretend to be quoting me, then just rewrite what I said incorrectly and make up a false argument, then it's entirely pointless to even read your comments
  • I did not say "everyone gets sued, it doesnt mean anything". What I said is "As far as this "lawsuit" goes, all companies that grow get sued." Companies that never grow have a decent chance of not getting sued.  Companies that aspire to grow and succeed at it,  do get sued.  Since disagreements always occur as a company gets larger and anybody can file suit who feels like it, the suit doesn't mean anything until the facts are shown.  It's why tort reform is such a hot issue in business.  It's why VC companies always have lawyers on retainer.  This is an example of you yet again misleading people.
  • Um the board with no wiring is clearly marked "Prototype". I don't know if you noticed, but it also doesn't have a chip in it.  What is it then? I'm guessing an early prototype used for checking physical layout of components. But that's not anything I know for sure, all I can say is it is a prototype and I imagine that's why it doesn't have any visible electric paths
  • Ummm holy shit things end up changing when you move from theory to implementation?!?! Form factor changes?!?!? oh noes /sarcasm. . .um have you ever designed and built something? Even just a tree house?  It always changes from what you were originally thinking.
  • Yay! you can make arbitrary statements and use the basic features of photoshop. nice mockup of a card . . .irrelevant.
  • Ummm yeah the water cooling system takes up more space. . .duh, your point?

hah. . .I wish I got paid for doing this, but no I'm just a customer.  And I'm happy with the product.  I hang out with a bunch of customers, that are also happy with their products.  Some of them have been with bfl since fpga, some were early asic owners, some were later.  Did we all wish the magical internet money machine had arrived earlier? Yes, but it didn't and we still did good to fine on return, in fact we still run the old hardware and make money doing it.  I will put one caveat here.  I don't use btc to make btc (buy mining equipment), that approach never made sense to me.  I view it as an entry point for fiat conversion and a way to do your part to secure the network.  

Finally, why am I here arguing with you?  It's not because I think I'm going to change your mind.  I'm doing it because this section of the forum is for new people to learn about bitcoin.  I don't feel this thread is telling a story about BFL and informing people.  It is vicious and contains a bunch of people that invested in hardware with unrealistic expectations.  BFL was a fledgling company that set lofty goals for itself.  They had a small staff attempting to build a product no one had ever seen before.  The demand for which, out paced the size of their company.  They had design issues (that anybody who'd looked at the "lofty goal" they set, would have expected or minimum seen as a risk in purchasing).  They didn't just do a straight fpga port to a more power efficient chip (aka AM/Avalon chip).  They weren't the best communicators (a bit of sarcastic understatement) with their customers and between each other.  You combine all this with bitcoin mania, massive influx of users, a small support staff and an order queue that went through the roof and you get exactly what happened.  I have huge respect for them fighting through all of it and delivering massive amount of product we saw hit the streets this past summer.  I don't feel anybody should have sympathy for them, because they got their reward when they delivered the product.  They get massive respect from me though, I know that early 2013 sucked, that they worked their ass off, and the whole world was screaming at them.  That takes commitment and a real desire to succeed.  I don't like that a bunch of people with the emotional maturity of 2 y.o., who got butt hurt because their magical internet money machine arrived late, and are representing a massive skewed view to the new people in the forums, then representing it as "the facts" about bfl.

BFL has/will always get my respect.  They are the little group of people that had the balls to try and aspire into new business, messed up, faced a massive ire/paranoia of this community, soldiered on, and actually delivered a product.  They didn't fold and run.  They didn't give up.  They didn't scam anybody.  

Everyone would always like to have gotten more bitcoin, but that's the nature of the beast.  

Ugghh, Oh my gosh, I was shortening down the "block of text" that forum users dislike seeing and often skip rather than read, I was simply trying to compact things.
In any case/spot/place where you say that I "pretend to be quoting me, then just rewrite what I said incorrectly and make up a false argument" Call it a Fuckup on my side of interpreting your words, In no way am I trying to alter the meaning/point of your statements, I want to be clear on that.
---
I did not say "everyone gets sued, it doesnt mean anything". What I said is "As far as this "lawsuit" goes, all companies that grow get sued." Companies that never grow have a decent chance of not getting sued.  Companies that aspire to grow and succeed at it,  do get sued.  Since disagreements always occur as a company gets larger and anybody can file suit who feels like it, the suit doesn't mean anything until the facts are shown.  It's why tort reform is such a hot issue in business.  It's why VC companies always have lawyers on retainer.  This is an example of you yet again misleading people
Alright sure, I'll give you that any large growing company is going to eventually get sued *eyroll* thats like saying every growing store is going to get stuff stolen from them atleast once, It's not a true fact, it's not 100% garunteed, but it's definitley going to happen.

Um the board with no wiring is clearly marked "Prototype". I don't know if you noticed, but it also doesn't have a chip in it.  What is it then? I'm guessing an early prototype used for checking physical layout of components. But that's not anything I know for sure, all I can say is it is a prototype and I imagine that's why it doesn't have any visible electric paths
Yes, yes it is clearly marked as a protoype, So how the hell is it certified in those three differant ways?

Ummm holy shit things end up changing when you move from theory to implementation?!?! Form factor changes?!?!? oh noes /sarcasm. . .um have you ever designed and built something? Even just a tree house?  It always changes from what you were originally thinking.
I've built many things, and you are correct, it always changes from the original thought, but what BFL advertised for seven months with nice shiny banners was "products are in final stage of development Pre-order now!, shipping next month!", and i'd call that false advertising, since along with that beautiful banner were linked the BFL homepage where you could see the specifications of the device you were ordering, that nice "powered by usb" sounded awesome, "passive heatsink" was sounded beautiful compared to GPU's, and the "size of a coffe cup warmer" was just too good to be true, Yet people ordered it, and what did they get? None of those things... Sure the hashrate was higher, but so was the powerdraw, and not by an equal ratio of increase based off the advertised specifications, nor did it ship "next month" after anyone placed a pre-order until after mid 2013

Yay! you can make arbitrary statements and use the basic features of photoshop. nice mockup of a card . . .irrelevant.
I didn't make the crappy photo, just found it in the thread and used it for a quick visual refferance to BFL's promises

Ummm yeah the water cooling system takes up more space. . .duh, your point?
Their little visual image shows that it's cooled by fan, not liquid, and that it takes up two slots, not potentially more than two
BFL uses this image as an advertisement for the product
---
Happy with the wall of text? Nobody other than you is gonna read this crappy argument
---
So then stay here in the forums and keep doing what you do, and I will stay here doing what I do.

Don't you love how people feel the need to tell you they are putting you on their ignore list?  Like it is some monumental occasion that you are being ignored by someone who has no influence on any facet of life.

It reminds me of a mouse trying to explain to a falcon that he is being ignored. What is the point?  The falcon doesn't care, but I'm sure the mouse thinks that he has some measure of control over the events around him.  Unfortunately for the mouse, that measure of control is purely an illusion, but I'm sure it makes the mouse feel a lot better for a brief period of time.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
January 28, 2014, 01:39:38 PM

It reminds me of a mouse trying to explain to a falcon that he is being ignored. What is the point?  The falcon doesn't care, but I'm sure the mouse thinks that he has some measure of control over the events around him.  Unfortunately for the mouse, that measure of control is purely an illusion, but I'm sure it makes the mouse feel a lot better for a brief period of time.

January 28, 2014, 01:01:13 PM
That's because this thread is full of a bunch of whiny cunts wasting everyone's time by [SLAP]

You misspelled "retarded trolls defending a bunch of criminals just to be annoying fucks."

Onto the ignore list it goes!

Oh noes! what will I do.  and there I was thinking we would be friends Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
January 28, 2014, 12:58:24 PM
That's because this thread is full of a bunch of whiny cunts wasting everyone's time by [SLAP]

You misspelled "retarded trolls defending a bunch of criminals just to be annoying fucks."

Onto the ignore list it goes!
January 28, 2014, 12:48:23 PM
  • If your going to pretend to be quoting me, then just rewrite what I said incorrectly and make up a false argument, then it's entirely pointless to even read your comments
  • I did not say "everyone gets sued, it doesnt mean anything". What I said is "As far as this "lawsuit" goes, all companies that grow get sued." Companies that never grow have a decent chance of not getting sued.  Companies that aspire to grow and succeed at it,  do get sued.  Since disagreements always occur as a company gets larger and anybody can file suit who feels like it, the suit doesn't mean anything until the facts are shown.  It's why tort reform is such a hot issue in business.  It's why VC companies always have lawyers on retainer.  This is an example of you yet again misleading people.
  • Um the board with no wiring is clearly marked "Prototype". I don't know if you noticed, but it also doesn't have a chip in it.  What is it then? I'm guessing an early prototype used for checking physical layout of components. But that's not anything I know for sure, all I can say is it is a prototype and I imagine that's why it doesn't have any visible electric paths
  • Ummm holy shit things end up changing when you move from theory to implementation?!?! Form factor changes?!?!? oh noes /sarcasm. . .um have you ever designed and built something? Even just a tree house?  It always changes from what you were originally thinking.
  • Yay! you can make arbitrary statements and use the basic features of photoshop. nice mockup of a card . . .irrelevant.
  • Ummm yeah the water cooling system takes up more space. . .duh, your point?

hah. . .I wish I got paid for doing this, but no I'm just a customer.  And I'm happy with the product.  I hang out with a bunch of customers, that are also happy with their products.  Some of them have been with bfl since fpga, some were early asic owners, some were later.  Did we all wish the magical internet money machine had arrived earlier? Yes, but it didn't and we still did good to fine on return, in fact we still run the old hardware and make money doing it.  I will put one caveat here.  I don't use btc to make btc (buy mining equipment), that approach never made sense to me.  I view it as an entry point for fiat conversion and a way to do your part to secure the network.  

Finally, why am I here arguing with you?  It's not because I think I'm going to change your mind.  I'm doing it because this section of the forum is for new people to learn about bitcoin.  I don't feel this thread is telling a story about BFL and informing people.  It is vicious and contains a bunch of people that invested in hardware with unrealistic expectations.  BFL was a fledgling company that set lofty goals for itself.  They had a small staff attempting to build a product no one had ever seen before.  The demand for which, out paced the size of their company.  They had design issues (that anybody who'd looked at the "lofty goal" they set, would have expected or minimum seen as a risk in purchasing).  They didn't just do a straight fpga port to a more power efficient chip (aka AM/Avalon chip).  They weren't the best communicators (a bit of sarcastic understatement) with their customers and between each other.  You combine all this with bitcoin mania, massive influx of users, a small support staff and an order queue that went through the roof and you get exactly what happened.  I have huge respect for them fighting through all of it and delivering massive amount of product we saw hit the streets this past summer.  I don't feel anybody should have sympathy for them, because they got their reward when they delivered the product.  They get massive respect from me though, I know that early 2013 sucked, that they worked their ass off, and the whole world was screaming at them.  That takes commitment and a real desire to succeed.  I don't like that a bunch of people with the emotional maturity of 2 y.o., who got butt hurt because their magical internet money machine arrived late, and are representing a massive skewed view to the new people in the forums, then representing it as "the facts" about bfl.

BFL has/will always get my respect.  They are the little group of people that had the balls to try and aspire into new business, messed up, faced a massive ire/paranoia of this community, soldiered on, and actually delivered a product.  They didn't fold and run.  They didn't give up.  They didn't scam anybody.  

Everyone would always like to have gotten more bitcoin, but that's the nature of the beast.  
legendary
Okey Dokey Lokey
January 28, 2014, 08:50:41 AM
So what Endlessa, You want everyone to just "grow up" and forget about all the wrong doings of BFL?
Where do you get off thinking that would be a good idea?, History tends to repeat itself, and thats what i see with "the monarch"
Unless people keep a record of the history of WTF happened, people won't be aware of the "ill will in action" untill it's too late

My side of the argument is "Hey BFL, you did some bad things in the past and I think you are doing it again, Stop that"
While your apparent side of the argument is;
"obviously you've never (insult to intellegence), Growup"
"everyone gets sued, it doesnt mean anything" Uhhh, Yes it does, and no they do not, Not EVERYONE gets sued *eyeroll*
"It has to be settled before you can even take it as a serious issue." Wow, then I suppose apple's $1b lawsuit against Samsung was totally not serious untill after the verdict
"Some companies get priority ---, some don't.  Over time, BFL will get more priority from their vendors as they get bigger and some of these "issues" you seem to go on about endlessly, will become less and less of a factor.  If you have real issue with BFL, I suggest you take it up with them and prove it in a legit way.  Otherwise, you're a tire-less airbag that can't shut up about his emotional angst."

Holy crap, are you in BFL payroll? seriously Endlessa, why are you defending BFL with Inaba style arguments?
Your basic argument here is "BFL will get bigger to make their history of problems look smaller" and that "unless you can proove it in a legit way (insult to my person)"
You sound like a fucking Sock

"legit way"? You're basically asking me to compile all evidence i have and send it to the FTC, Which, uhh lots of people have done, and "Josh" seems to have been trying rather hard to Bury and Hide all the bullshit he's posted in the past, Like all those fucking false ad banners, One false advertisement banner each month, stating the same thing as the last but with the dates changed

Why the hell do you defend BFL as much as you do? Got paid?

And here's the "kicker" that josh is waiting for me to type, Even if I compiled everything i know, the fucking FTC would just "add it to the pile" and MAYBE investigate BFL, but he knows that the FTC's reach into his area is really poor, letting him get away with ALOT of bullshit

For example, How is this "prototype" board, FCC, ETL and CE certified? That doesn't even make sense
I don't know about you guys, but i don't see electrical wiring on the PCB

And this little image is just gold

Come ON people!, Look at the monstrosity already! I don't think thats gonna fit into two slots and a "TDP of 350 watts" I wonder how thats doing
January 27, 2014, 04:35:12 PM
That's because this thread is full of a bunch of whiny cunts wasting everyone's time by continually posting FUD for a personal war on BFL.
Sorry but this horse is so dead I think the bones are dust.  

You think it's dead? Then why is BFL still getting away with Horribly inaccurate "estimates"? Why have they not had a lawsuit against them?
Why have they not been held accountable for their previous actions?

"a bunch of whiny cunts" got money extorted out of them by a pack of liars, "whining" is the least they can do aside from shutting up and letting BFL get away with it all...
Rinse and repeat for fuck sakes, Even tigerdirect is going to be accepting BFL gear *eyeroll* i hope they are smarter than they look

obviously you never been part of a small company, or dealt much with new tech.  Risk assessment and acceptance go along with all that.  Where you may see all this your way, that's your prerogative, it doesn't make it reality.  You day in and day out continually tell people (especially in a Beginner's help thread) it's all a scam, it is deluded and just an out right a lie.  I understand your frustrated and angry, but grow up.  

As far as this "lawsuit" goes, all companies that grow get sued.  ALL.  It doesn't mean anything.  It has to be settled before you can even take it as a serious issue.  Any company/person who has been in business knows this.  

Hardware is hardware.  this is nothing new.  Some companies get priority in the supply chain, some don't.  Over time, BFL will get more priority from their vendors as they get bigger and some of these "issues" you seem to go on about endlessly, will become less and less of a factor.  If you have real issue with BFL, I suggest you take it up with them and prove it in a legit way.  Otherwise, you're a tire-less airbag that can't shut up about his emotional angst.

Pre-orders are pre-orders and delivery is a roller coaster.  It takes a decent amount of emotional maturity to handle it with grace.  I suggest not pre-ordering products if you can't handle it.

Edit: this thread is not inclusive of the majority of BFL's customer base, mostly because the topic isn't openly fair or accurate
legendary
Activity: 1260
January 27, 2014, 03:52:04 PM
That's because this thread is full of a bunch of whiny cunts wasting everyone's time by continually posting FUD for a personal war on BFL.

You think it's dead? Then why is BFL still getting away with Horribly inaccurate "estimates"? Why have they not had a lawsuit against them?

"a bunch of whiny cunts" got money extorted out of them by a pack of liars, "whining" is the least they can do aside from shutting up and letting BFL get away with it all...
Rinse and repeat for fuck sakes, Even tigerdirect is going to be accepting BFL gear *eyeroll* i hope they are smarter than they look

Its hard to expose horrible backlogs if newbies are convinced to see product already out based on past product.

But yeah, all I can do is bump this thread and few other ones on the BFL monarch and other future products.

And thats one huge mistake on "tigerdirect". They should of done their research on the past incidents.. talk about due diligence.  Roll Eyes

Bump all you want, the only people that care are the same trolls that are bumping along with you. You say the same things over and over so many times that anyone with half a brain tuned you out a long time ago, just like an Enzyte commercial. The only thing anyone even remembers from your pointless, endless tirades is the name BFL.  Thank you for advertising us, we appreciate it.
Activity: 826
January 27, 2014, 01:48:18 AM

Its hard to expose horrible backlogs if newbies are convinced to see product already out based on past product.

But yeah, all I can do is bump this thread and few other ones on the BFL monarch and other future products.

And thats one huge mistake on "tigerdirect". They should of done their research on the past incidents.. talk about due diligence.  Roll Eyes

Pages:
Jump to: