Pages:
Author

Topic: Butterflylabs Huge SCAM - page 28. (Read 415652 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
April 20, 2014, 04:18:31 AM
How do you go from barely able to write English to being an native speaker in a few days? I just can't believe hooked on phonics works so well at BFL. How many accounts did the employees at BFL have to make for Josh and CO.?

As a first step the admins here could ban the Newbies from posting anywhere except the Beginners section. And as far as the purchased accounts are considered, why can't we freeze accounts, whose location (i.e IP) suddenly changes from one country to another? For example, some guy in China is having an inactive Bitcointalk account, which he sells to BFL. The BFL guys (probably in the US) resume posting. But the IP address will change from China to US. Why can't we freeze such accounts. If you do this, then 90% of the BFL spam can be avoided.

Because a lot of people like me use a VPN to post.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
April 20, 2014, 04:12:51 AM
How do you go from barely able to write English to being an native speaker in a few days? I just can't believe hooked on phonics works so well at BFL. How many accounts did the employees at BFL have to make for Josh and CO.?

As a first step the admins here could ban the Newbies from posting anywhere except the Beginners section. And as far as the purchased accounts are considered, why can't we freeze accounts, whose location (i.e IP) suddenly changes from one country to another? For example, some guy in China is having an inactive Bitcointalk account, which he sells to BFL. The BFL guys (probably in the US) resume posting. But the IP address will change from China to US. Why can't we freeze such accounts. If you do this, then 90% of the BFL spam can be avoided.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
April 20, 2014, 04:10:41 AM
Investing in BFL hardware doesn't seem any more risky than investing in BTC in the first place. It's a gamble. Don't put in more than you can stand to lose.

Hindsight is 20-20. BFL was an abject failure compared to a straight BTC purchase. Millions were lost in trusting BFL.
April 20, 2014, 04:08:07 AM
I have this feeling that all the idiots who scream that BFL is a scam will just disappear and make new accounts later this year. And there will be a few nuts that believe that hundreds of forum users are being paid by BFL to act like they got working ASIC's.

No some got up and made the effort and started a class action lawsuit... care to admit you were wrong yet?
April 20, 2014, 04:05:03 AM
Thanks Creativex.  

I saw it stated somewhere on the forum where the total amount might be near $100 million in pre-orders.  I don't know if that's an exaggeration.
Where you saw statement? $100million is 1000 mini rig + 53850 SC, a bit much?
I wait for 4 avalon unit, 1 bfl mini rig unit.

I have a question regarding the bolded statement -- The guy "running the company" isn't the guy who was convicted of mail fraud.

Actually he was running the company.  As soon as it became known who he was and what he'd done they quickly arranged to transfer the CEO title to somebody else.  Go ahead, look it up.
You say, so you know, so you show?

I was watching a posting argument between Garr and Inaba where both were throwing so many sock puppet posts so fast I couldn't refresh the screen fast enough to catch it all. Accounts with 1 or 2 previous posts were bringing up very knowledgable counter arguments like they were involved in Bitcoin since Satoshi started it all. lol

Yup... now if anyone has reason to believe that BFL scammed them they should go here and get involved.

http://www.woodlaw.com/cases/butterfly-labs-and-bf-labs-inc-bitcoin-miners

Don't let BFL get away with consumer fraud stand up and fight back.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
April 20, 2014, 04:03:15 AM
Thanks Creativex.  

I saw it stated somewhere on the forum where the total amount might be near $100 million in pre-orders.  I don't know if that's an exaggeration.

I have a question regarding the bolded statement -- The guy "running the company" isn't the guy who was convicted of mail fraud.

Actually he was running the company.  As soon as it became known who he was and what he'd done they quickly arranged to transfer the CEO title to somebody else.  Go ahead, look it up.

I was watching a posting argument between Garr and Inaba where both were throwing so many sock puppet posts so fast I couldn't refresh the screen fast enough to catch it all. Accounts with 1 or 2 previous posts were bringing up very knowledgable counter arguments like they were involved in Bitcoin since Satoshi started it all. lol
April 19, 2014, 04:54:03 PM
Thanks Creativex.  

April 19, 2014, 04:49:12 PM
What a load of crap here, a fool that was licking that bASIC guy's ass for months, so he choose the wrong horse, same conversion bullshit as for months but not talking/crying for bitcoin when the bitcoin was $3 now, class action haha. That's like the weaker guy shouting "hold me hold me" before I attack the big guy.
Go get a refund, anyone that wants one gets it, be the man or stop pretending to be What's your next option, wait for another chance for an avalon? I was lucky for 4x batch 2, so what will you do, wait, or wait&hope to be lucky?

When did you buy this account? Fun how the style of language changes from barely able to write to BFL Troll amazing.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
StayFocus and LIVE
February 07, 2014, 01:24:30 PM

Josh just changed his profile pic on twitter :

But I like this one best! jejejejeje

Activity: 560
StayFocus and LIVE
February 06, 2014, 03:06:15 PM
Don't you love how people feel the need to tell you they are putting you on their ignore list?  Like it is some monumental occasion that you are being ignored by someone who has no influence on any facet of life.

It reminds me of a mouse trying to explain to a falcon that he is being ignored. What is the point?  The falcon doesn't care, but I'm sure the mouse thinks that he has some measure of control over the events around him.  Unfortunately for the mouse, that measure of control is purely an illusion, but I'm sure it makes the mouse feel a lot better for a brief period of time.

I know I agree with you on this comment you made:) not to long ago some one also ignored me and blocked me from their twitter account.... hmm... I wonder who it was.....

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
February 03, 2014, 03:49:42 AM
Yeah im gonna agree, posting an old image like that is simmilar to saying that the guy who ordered the 10k bitcoin pizza was an idiot

Seriously, though, the guy who ordered a Bitcoin pizza way back when wasn't making fraudulent claims about a product that was supposedly going to be delivered in a couple weeks. 

That guy was an innovator, in that he was one of the first people who used Bitcoin for its actual purpose, that is, as currency.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
February 03, 2014, 03:46:53 AM
Yeah im gonna agree, posting an old image like that is simmilar to saying that the guy who ordered the 10k bitcoin pizza was an idiot

"640K ought to be enough for anybody!"  Bill Gates.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
February 03, 2014, 03:19:16 AM

Hmmm, a quote from October 2012...when BTC was < 10$
Activity: 586
Merit: 251
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
February 01, 2014, 06:55:11 AM
Sorry, haven't been paying much attention.

So did the new monarch Asic's ship in January like they said? It is January 31st. I'm sure BFL has come a long way in their past 3, 4, 7 failed attempts at delivering a product to spec, and on time, right?

lulz

lmao.... er...NO!
Activity: 504
WTF???
January 31, 2014, 10:48:50 AM
Sorry, haven't been paying much attention.

So did the new monarch Asic's ship in January like they said? It is January 31st. I'm sure BFL has come a long way in their past 3, 4, 7 failed attempts at delivering a product to spec, and on time, right?

lulz
Activity: 826
January 30, 2014, 02:22:36 PM
Post your reviews for BFL here:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/search.asp?keywords=Butterfly+Labs

Tigerdirect is now selling them. Lets see if we can get them to drop them asap.

er you can't drop what you never get.....BFL is a Pre-order company not an asic mnfg company...see there is where we messed up!

Whoever`s R&D for tigerdirect is should be fired. Talk about doing homework on a company..  Roll Eyes
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
January 30, 2014, 01:38:54 PM
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/search.asp?keywords=Butterfly+Labs

er you can't drop what you never get.....BFL is a Pre-order company not an asic mnfg company...see there is where we messed up!
Activity: 441
Merit: 250
January 30, 2014, 11:19:17 AM

Pages:
Jump to: