Pages:
Author

Topic: Butterflylabs Huge SCAM - page 59. (Read 415652 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Inspired
August 03, 2013, 08:26:39 AM
I am so, so, so, so glad I cancelled my order.

I ordered in April of 13.
Difficulty was 7M.
I think I figured it out to be 10 days to return original investment.

3 Months later
Difficulty is 37M.
It still wouldn't have shipped.
ROI is now over 30 days.

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
August 03, 2013, 08:09:45 AM
Address: 10770 El Monte, Leawood, KS 66211 United States of America

Voicemail: 1-800-809-MINE (6463)
Fax: 1-800-809-MINE (6463)

If you google map them with the above address you can see their office(or what they claim is their office) I was able to get a good 'street view' from the interstate that goes right by them.

They have what looks like solar panels for window shades..

The phone,fax,and skype numbers are of little help.

Anyone actually found corporate records on this shit?  As far as I can tell, it doesn't even exist.  I haven't gone to much effort, though.
I don't know, a simple search on the Kansas Secretary of State website shows they are registered under the name "BF Labs Inc."  It also shows their current mailing address as being in Wyoming, which still matches with their original registration there.  5830 EAST 2ND STREET, CASPER, WY 82609.  Their "Business Entity ID Number" is 4651691.  I'm not sure if this link works, but you can look up their filing on the Wyoming Secretary of State website as well.  Same name, BF Labs.  https://wyobiz.wy.gov/Business/FilingDetails.aspx?eFNum=149144214231010201167112190255028042109060235081.  They've held this one since 2011.  On the Wyoming filing, it shows "President / Director   CHRIS      VLEISIDES         2507 JEFFERSON KANSAS CITY, MO 64108"

Anyway, it most certainly does exist.  You should go to more effort next time before spouting off about it.

Or I could just ask a fucking question before trying to look up something that is registered under another name, on the off chance someone who isn't a complete dick answers, rather than reinventing the wheel.  Thanks.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
August 02, 2013, 12:07:15 AM
Huge scam.
Activity: 256
Merit: 250
CSGOBetGuide.com - Esports Gambling List
August 01, 2013, 07:29:26 PM
I'm not sure if this is a scam or not. It could be that they are just in over their head but if this is a scam it is the most incompetent scam I have ever heard of.

The CEO's last scam was much better...

Re: Butterfly Labs CEO 25 Million USD Mail Fraud — A Concise Summary of Evidence
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/re-butterfly-labs-ceo-25-million-usd-mail-fraud-a-concise-summary-of-evidence-110805

Yup seen that.  I guess some people don't know when to give up.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!
August 01, 2013, 07:16:53 PM
I'm not sure if this is a scam or not. It could be that they are just in over their head but if this is a scam it is the most incompetent scam I have ever heard of.

The CEO's last scam was much better...

Re: Butterfly Labs CEO 25 Million USD Mail Fraud — A Concise Summary of Evidence
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/re-butterfly-labs-ceo-25-million-usd-mail-fraud-a-concise-summary-of-evidence-110805
Activity: 4
August 01, 2013, 05:41:35 PM
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.
August 01, 2013, 05:40:37 PM
Interesting choice for a name, considering the masons pretty much incorporate butterflies in everything they touch.

you know... if you remove the 'er' from butterflylabs you end up with 'butt fly labs'   
Hasn't happened to me personally, but I assume the worst flies that exist are the ones that try to get up your butt.

The 'er' is obviously the sound people make when they are sitting there waiting for their units for over a year.

Tongue
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
August 01, 2013, 05:23:34 PM
Interesting choice for a name, considering the masons pretty much incorporate butterflies in everything they touch.

Might be somewhat of a stretch, but was entertaining.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
August 01, 2013, 05:20:05 PM

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
August 01, 2013, 04:25:08 PM
I am guessing BFL hasn't deliver the "dream" product(s) and other ASICs companies have??
Did you/would you pay for a product thats shipping in "Two to three weeks" but you actually have to wait ten months and you're still waiting?
Seriously, they conned people into being investors with no return with the use of false advertising
August 01, 2013, 03:58:11 PM
Had a couple of things on order from early April, and had faith in the company at the time. I think I was just mainly being greedy. As time went on, more and more development came out so I thought hey what the heck I'll stick to it. Then they came out with the orders posted before mid-May can be refunded, so I though ok good so if I change my mind, I'm still all good. The major jump in the network diff has made my purchase rather worthless. I'm finding that I am somewhat SOL now, 45days past paypal's initial transaction and now they're saying nope nope. I'm still trying to work it out with them, but doesn't seem like I'm going to get anywhere. Sad day.
legendary
Activity: 1400
August 01, 2013, 03:25:57 PM
I am guessing BFL hasn't deliver the "dream" product(s) and other ASICs companies have??
They've delivered some of each of their products, they just haven't delivered the majority of pre-orders.
August 01, 2013, 03:06:53 PM
If such a lawsuit was ever put up against BFL, I will gladly take part.
Activity: 119
Merit: 100
August 01, 2013, 02:24:33 PM
legendary
Activity: 1400
August 01, 2013, 02:11:17 PM

If you google map them with the above address you can see their office(or what they claim is their office) I was able to get a good 'street view' from the interstate that goes right by them.

Anyone actually found corporate records on this shit?  As far as I can tell, it doesn't even exist.  I haven't gone to much effort, though.
I don't know, a simple search on the Kansas Secretary of State website shows they are registered under the name "BF Labs Inc."  It also shows their current mailing address as being in Wyoming, which still matches with their original registration there.  5830 EAST 2ND STREET, CASPER, WY 82609.  Their "Business Entity ID Number" is 4651691.  I'm not sure if this link works, but you can look up their filing on the Wyoming Secretary of State website as well.  Same name, BF Labs.  https://wyobiz.wy.gov/Business/FilingDetails.aspx?eFNum=149144214231010201167112190255028042109060235081.  They've held this one since 2011.  On the Wyoming filing, it shows "President / Director   CHRIS      VLEISIDES         2507 JEFFERSON KANSAS CITY, MO 64108"

Anyway, it most certainly does exist.  You should go to more effort next time before spouting off about it.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
August 01, 2013, 10:11:56 AM
Could someone please just hire a real lawyer already to look through all thier bullshit for something to tear apart this conart?
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
August 01, 2013, 09:48:13 AM
Maybe this could turn into a massive class action suit against them if someone could prove they were using the hardware before shipping it.

it is called hardware testing.

remember, they have to be sure the unit works properly before shipping Grin
Activity: 23
August 01, 2013, 09:44:32 AM
My thoughts on the whole BFL thing are:

They got all the money from the pre-orders, used it to buy a massive load of ASIC chips, got all the chips and other necessary equipment and started hashing with them as soon as they arrived, made 4 or 5 times the amount the chips and other equipment cost, then started slowly building the miners and even slower-ly started shipping SOME of the out so folks would not totally freak out. In the end I think you will all get your miners, LONG after they have become unprofitable to run but AFTER BFL has made a serious killing on them.

Maybe this could turn into a massive class action suit against them if someone could prove they were using the hardware before shipping it. Maybe each person in the class could reap the amount of BTC they COULD have mined if BFL would have shipped on time + some for psychological suffering. That ought to get them off their yachts in the Caribbean..

I'm sure someone has already said this but anyway here I am saying it again.
Activity: 34
August 01, 2013, 09:33:11 AM
BFL is a scam.  How can anyone seriously argue otherwise?  OK, you can make the case that they ARE shipping product right? They still aren't delivering on promises, to people who should have received units. They aren't offering refunds to customers either who are clearly not going to receive their product anytime soon.

WAKE UP PEOPLE.  You mislead customers = SCAM.  You pay for product that you haven't received and you can't get your funds back = SCAM.  Customer service won't answer your questions or give you a reasonable expectation = SCAM.  Sure you might get a unit, or you might get your money back, but most people won't.  Even in a Ponzi scheme a few people can take out what they put in, the rest get burned.

Cut and dry.
Activity: 784
Merit: 501
August 01, 2013, 08:55:54 AM

It says AL HUBER GENERAL CONTRACTOR on the side of that building.

Googling that name gives their website. They are apparently still located at that address.

http://www.alhuber.com/contact.aspx

I guess BFL is renting some office and warehouse space from this company.
Pages:
Jump to: