Pages:
Author

Topic: Butterflylabs Huge SCAM - page 57. (Read 415652 times)

Activity: 335
Merit: 250
August 08, 2013, 10:28:47 AM
Today, I am going to investigate the best means for filing a formal complaint against Butterfly Labs with whatever authorities hold jurisdiction in the State of Kansas. Kansas is where they say they are located on their website.

After I find out what sorts of recourse I might personally have for sending money to a company that does not deliver goods it promised to ship, I will then report back here. I will not invest money in a lawyer since I have lost enough, already. I will find out what I can do as a private citizen to file complaint against Butterfly Labs. If I get my miners from them prior to October 1 or 2013, I will not continue these efforts.

My goals are to:

a) either get the product I bought in my hands or get a complete refund

b) encourage Butterfly Labs to begin behaving in a more professional manner, which includes not insulting customer who ask questions about delivery

c) Encourage Butterfly Labs to reveal how many units they are producing and completing each days and how many are being shipped; that is, be more open. It is in their benefit to reveal this information at this point because it will save their diminishing reputation

d) bring an air of professionalism and honesty to all Bitcoin mining businesses and manufacturing. Because of what BFL is doing, it diminishes trust for all other companies manufacturing hardware, which in turn damages the whole bitcoin economy

I paid through Pay Pal, and I will also contact them.

My only concern is whether the effort of pursuing this will cost more than the amount of money (not an insignificant amount) which I would otherwise lose.

The other issue, beyond the business ethics of delivering product which has been paid for, is the lost revenue from mining due to their delay.  We all took a risk, but, the value of the product in this case is partially based upon its " freshness".  A company which sells Florida oranges by mail would be liable if it sent rotten oranges to customer because they sat in a warehouse too long, or if the oranges were sent after they should have been picked.

One person complaining will do little. I will be sharing information in order to encourage others to complain to the same legal authorities in Kansas or wherever and to coordinate effort through this thread.

I am not the point person for this, I am only sharing what I plan on doing.  Should I get my money refunded or should BFL decide to ship me the working miners I ordered, I will stop this having achieved my primary goal.

Activity: 778
Merit: 563
August 06, 2013, 02:38:49 PM
I do hope that Avalon actually does get 200mil

The article was corrected.  Ends up the source was a post about a different company called "Avalon".    The 200million has nothing to do with BTC companies.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
August 06, 2013, 01:59:18 PM
I would venture to say no company in the BitCoin space will get $200m from Venture Capital.  Hopefully everyone realizes VC works on mostly hard numbers, i.e. potential growth, market cap, market penetration etc.  So $200m into an economy with a $1b market cap? Not likely.

VC would laugh if companies in this space walked through their door looking for $200m. At least today Smiley

BFL is a scam.  Where is Josh today?
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
August 06, 2013, 11:55:23 AM
I do hope that Avalon actually does get 200mil
Activity: 6
August 06, 2013, 11:22:43 AM
I want to cry
Activity: 322
August 06, 2013, 08:52:44 AM
http://www.ivcpost.com/articles/13078/20130804/phoenix-fund-near-investment-200-million-bitcoin-company.htm

And now this is public knowledge I can dance. Sorry Josh, maybe you guys will get the next 200 million dollar investment. Or perhaps you can "fire" your investors.

Told you guys BFL was doomed.

BFL is a much of a hoax as the link you posted about "Phoenix"
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
August 05, 2013, 03:23:36 AM
Hmm.. I guess ill change my mind to buy it? Is there any other better asic that ships fast out there?

If you are serious, give Bitfury a look. Yes there is a wait, but they aren't taking orders for things they dont think they can deliver. They had an august delivery purchase(limited and over), and a October delivery purchase which I think is still available.

https://megabigpower.com/shop/

Look them up in the Custom hardware section.
Wait, so you'd recommend buying from a company who has delivered nothing vs a company who is actively delivering units?

Uh, Yes I would! I've a large amount of money with both. And so far I have some BFL equipment, not all of it. If you read the threads and notice how Inaba, AKA Josh of BFL talks to customers, um err, oh wait uh investors, hmm not quite right either. I think it was Monumental ASS-Holes, yep that's the one! VS the way Dave at megabighash communicates, I would quickly run away from BFL and towards Bit Fury. Which if my charge backs hold BitFury will get those funds as well.

And of course i am not posting this for you SgtSpike, I am sure you know all this already. I posted merely for newbs to read and do their own research so they can make their own decisions.

Oh, and not only being called a "Monumental Asshole", and seeing customers being coerced to follow the
BFL philosophy of damnit dont worry about what we told you yesterday, today we tell you the truth! What about the violation of PayPal's TOS which I think states all pre-orders must be delivered within 20 days, I could be wrong on this. Then BFL's slight of hand to bait you into waiting 2 months or more for your pre-order. Heyyyy, wait a minuite, isn't that like 60 days or something?? Damn that puts you outside the 45 day paypal easy dispute window. How did that happen?....

Dave still offers a 100% refund.  Damn not only is Bitfury gear cheaper per GH/s the guy will give me back my money? What the hell is wrong with him?

I don't know guys, I think I will just tell all newbs, "BFL is the greatest company ever! You would be a complete idiot to buy from anyone else." That way maybe all newcomers fund BFL up, and i would probably get my money back quicker.

It was simply a response to a question and I gave my opinion. Now you have my reasoning. I would not usually get ugly on any company, but thank you SgtSpike for the opportunity. I feel much better now.

Now that my rant is over, I will say this for BFL. My experience with their gear is good. The company, not so much. This forum is riff with negative posts about BFL. You make your own judgement.

I wonder why I am seeing more posts about how I got my charge back or refund from BFL than post about how great it was for BFL to send me the gear I ordered a year ago. I am not saying they are not shipping and I am not saying you would never get your gear.

All I would suggest to anyone that has the desire to purchase ASIC mining equipment is read, read, read. Call BFL up before you make an order, talk to them. If you like them, by all means, buy all you can. Hell mortgage your house, buy more Smiley

I will not post in this thread anymore. If you want to carry it further, find me in the custom hardware section.

I would like to close with what my good friend likes to ask.

What about that FCC cert?? How come my miners dont have an FCC cert?
Fair points, I was just wondering.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233
August 05, 2013, 01:29:04 AM
Hmm.. I guess ill change my mind to buy it? Is there any other better asic that ships fast out there?

If you are serious, give Bitfury a look. Yes there is a wait, but they aren't taking orders for things they dont think they can deliver. They had an august delivery purchase(limited and over), and a October delivery purchase which I think is still available.

Wait, so you'd recommend buying from a company who has delivered nothing vs a company who is actively delivering units?
Wait, is that said about the time when Avalon were actively delivering units and BFL (the "two weeks TM" scam) were actively delivering nothing but promises?
Activity: 336
August 05, 2013, 01:21:41 AM

Uh, Yes I would! I've a large amount of money with both. And so far I have some BFL equipment, not all of it. If you read the threads and notice how Inaba, AKA Josh of BFL talks to customers, um err, oh wait uh investors, hmm not quite right either. I think it was Monumental ASS-Holes, yep that's the one! VS the way Dave at megabigpower communicates, I would quickly run away from BFL and towards Bit Fury. Which if my charge backs hold BitFury will get those funds as well.

And of course i am not posting this for you SgtSpike, I am sure you know all this already. I posted merely for newbs to read and do their own research so they can make their own decisions.

Oh, and not only being called a "Monumental Asshole", and seeing customers being coerced to follow the
BFL philosophy of damnit dont worry about what we told you yesterday, today we tell you the truth! What about the violation of PayPal's TOS which I think states all pre-orders must be delivered within 20 days, I could be wrong on this. Then BFL's slight of hand to bait you into waiting 2 months or more for your pre-order. Heyyyy, wait a minuite, isn't that like 60 days or something?? Damn that puts you outside the 45 day paypal easy dispute window. How did that happen?....

Dave still offers a 100% refund.  Damn not only is Bitfury gear cheaper per GH/s the guy will give me back my money? What the hell is wrong with him?

I don't know guys, I think I will just tell all newbs, "BFL is the greatest company ever! You would be a complete idiot to buy from anyone else." That way maybe all newcomers fund BFL up, and i would probably get my money back quicker.

It was simply a response to a question and I gave my opinion. Now you have my reasoning. I would not usually get ugly on any company, but thank you SgtSpike for the opportunity. I feel much better now.

Now that my rant is over, I will say this for BFL. My experience with their gear is good. The company, not so much. This forum is riff with negative posts about BFL. You make your own judgement.

I wonder why I am seeing more posts about how I got my charge back or refund from BFL than post about how great it was for BFL to send me the gear I ordered a year ago. I am not saying they are not shipping and I am not saying you would never get your gear.

All I would suggest to anyone that has the desire to purchase ASIC mining equipment is read, read, read. Call BFL up before you make an order, talk to them. If you like them, by all means, buy all you can. Hell mortgage your house, buy more Smiley

I will not post in this thread anymore. If you want to carry it further, find me in the custom hardware section.

I would like to close with what my good friend likes to ask.

What about that FCC cert?? How come my miners dont have an FCC cert?

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008
CEO of IOHK
August 05, 2013, 12:26:56 AM
http://www.ivcpost.com/articles/13078/20130804/phoenix-fund-near-investment-200-million-bitcoin-company.htm

And now this is public knowledge I can dance. Sorry Josh, maybe you guys will get the next 200 million dollar investment. Or perhaps you can "fire" your investors.

Told you guys BFL was doomed.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
August 05, 2013, 12:18:15 AM

Activity: 5
August 04, 2013, 09:46:03 PM
They have huge profits!
It's too good to be true, always.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
August 04, 2013, 08:46:17 PM
If BFL failed to produce the devices they'd be bankrupt and gone. Since they did succeed after all they can survive by mining with your devices before shipping them.

That is the reason why they are still around.
Activity: 336
August 04, 2013, 09:41:16 AM

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
August 04, 2013, 06:21:33 AM
Hey guys!!

I shat in one hand and ordered a BFL unit with the other!!

Guess which hand filled up first?

But really people BFL is a long con and if it wasn't then they have got to be the worst company with the best luck in surviving this long. Like really how can things go so wrong for the customer and so right for BFL?

Seriously folks  Its a fucken con.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
August 04, 2013, 01:38:44 AM
I had a BFL miner for a while. Worked for me.
Lemme guess, It was an FPGA? Everybody knows that BFL FPGA's work just fine were scam free

Yes, many feel burned
It is not just a feeling, it is a fact. And not many, but 90% of BFL customers will never get positive ROI. In fact they are neither customers nor investors. They are sponsors of a group of scammers.

Yes, the difficulty isn't 1,000,000 anymore. But it wouldn't have been anyways -Snip-
On the flipside, they payoff for a single coin mined isn't worth $6 anymore, but instead $100. So, you'll mine fewer coins, but you'll get greater reward. -Snip-

Anyone with two halfs to their brain would know when purchasing a BFL ASIC PRE-ORDER that it was not going to show up at the door the next day when the fucking things havent been contrusted yet at that point in time, those same people would know that "i'll get it in maybe two months" instead they are either still waiting, or waited about 8-9months.
Any competent jackass would know that coins change value aswell, and difficulty was rising rapidly at that point in time, a large number of people who pre-ordered did their own calculations as to how big the differance would be in the future, and based off of those, ordered a bfl unit that was "SHIPPING NEXT MONTH!x7"

In otherwords, they used false advertising (wich is illegal) to con people into placing orders! So those two little agruments of your's are pretty much fucking Moot when it comes to BFL's lie.

-Snip-
But also, yes, more and more are leaving their warehouse/workshop every day. Not fast enough to placate everyone. But they are going out.
I assume the reason why they are not leaving fast enough is because BFL is mining on them to "test them" raking in the coins to payoff the production cost of the unit, then sell that unit
Note that the above statement is not fact, but this is BFL we're talking about, given their track record, I sincerly doubt that they wouldnt do this.

BFL has a fucking Convicted Fraud working for them for fuck sakes! (links in my signature)

Looky what the postman just dropped off

-Image Snip-
Now heres the real question, what was your order number?
Did BFL make you wait longer than three months? If so then you paid for a product under false advertising.
Dont feel the false advertising part is true because they were still in creation? Then how about why your not an investor of BFL for helping fund the creation of their product?

And seriously folks, what happened to their 1/3 shipping plan? That was supposed to even all this bullshit out so that everyone was the same on level grounds of "im fucked"
Instead BFL can't even produce a steady stream of units.
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
August 03, 2013, 09:05:04 PM
quote:

"I am not sure why they are dragging feet and only ordering boxes of 100 at a time when they are supposed to be MASS producing...? Of course they have no need for DOUBLE staff because they are not ordering enough to supply them with work. I am never one to complain on these forums until today. I am just so embarrassed and disappointed in the way that this whole company talks to the public as if they are royalty and we are peasants. It is just not cool to keep talking down to us as if we would even be reading their posts if we had not ordered yet and telling us not to order if we do not like the way they do things.?? WTF..The whole thing is silly, I am just hoping that one day soon I can get my 3 singles in hand so I can re coop a little bit of my hoped investment. I had a very strange feeling when I made this order back in February when I first heard of bitcoin that it was all too good to be true. WE ARE ALL CURRENT CUSTOMERS THAT SPENT OUR HARD EARNED MONEY ON YOUR BUSINESS VENTURE ALMOST AS IF IT WAS STOCK IN YOUR COMPANY AND WE DESERVE BETTER TREATMENT THAT THIS PLEASE. I just want truth and kindness and not to be treated as a whole bunch of scumbags. Thanks"

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/267-saturday-miscellaneous-answers-page3.html#comments
Activity: 42
August 03, 2013, 08:51:30 PM
have
Activity: 42
August 03, 2013, 08:39:38 PM
They wrote on bfl forum they has a supplier problems...for 10 months? lol. I dont believe to them.
Activity: 25
August 03, 2013, 08:36:06 PM
I had a BFL miner for a while. Worked for me.
Pages:
Jump to: