Pages:
Author

Topic: Butterflylabs Huge SCAM - page 85. (Read 415652 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
May 31, 2013, 11:57:43 AM
Why would the government ever worry about Bitcoin when we fuck each other over constantly? All they have to do is sit back and wait until no one has any trust left for any business catering to Bitcoin. BFL is is just one of many! Look at all the pools that have fucked people over, Zhou Tong still posts here with no scammer tag, nothing ever happened to Pirate, and on and on and on. The Feds are probably laughing their asses off and saving their tax dollars for something they really have to worry about.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
May 31, 2013, 11:50:34 AM
Anyone every get an ASIC from BFL yet??
Activity: 770
Merit: 502
May 31, 2013, 11:47:11 AM
the jalapenos are rolling out

Any links? Are they "rolling out" faster than new orders are "rolling in"? BFL touted production capacity of up to 400 pieces/day. Have they shipped even 10% of one days' claimed capacity yet...after nearly ONE YEAR?

This is what bothers me the most. They stated, order now, have your units within months. And its fucking going on almost beyond a year with

Fuck BFL, I ordered a Jalapeno

SCAMMERS

Did you see, they changed the name and price, jal to something, and from $174 to $276 or something, then they removed everybodys shipping from first class to a lower tier and asking an additional amount of money "175USD" for shipping. Then they ship out, "Experiment units" to people, with youtube vids, try to pull more customers in.

Edit:

I'm not all that smart, but this is common sense to me, what BFL is/are doing.

... might as well put some of that refund money to good use ...

That is absolutely disgusting. We all know what BFL are doing, just need hard core evidence. But in reality, we know what they are doing, they know it and they know they can get away with it atm. Just matter of time before the cookie crumbles in the glass of milk.

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
May 31, 2013, 11:27:27 AM

Any links? Are they "rolling out" faster than new orders are "rolling in"? BFL touted production capacity of up to 400 pieces/day. Have they shipped even 10% of one days' claimed capacity yet...after nearly ONE YEAR?
legendary
May 31, 2013, 11:19:19 AM
For all those convinced its a scam..go put your money where your claim is and win some BTC for being right!

I started a bet on BFL going bankrupt:

http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=1624

I would but I only make bets like that with Matthew N Wright and then I like to settle up for pennies on the dollar. lol
Activity: 142
Merit: 100
May 31, 2013, 11:04:36 AM
they shipped a shitton of jalas today lol.

source?
Activity: 12
May 31, 2013, 11:02:06 AM
At the very least they are a mismanaged company not deserving to be in business.  I'm looking forward to the DIY chip options with the Klondike board.
Activity: 12
May 31, 2013, 10:54:08 AM
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
May 31, 2013, 10:36:42 AM
page still online and people still buying something which not exist.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
May 31, 2013, 09:44:00 AM
By the end of August 75% plus will have their orders.

You heard it here first...

No. We heard it there first: http://www.butterflylabs.com/bitforce-sc-release-notes/
(yes, this page is still online!!!)

"... The SC product line has been under development for quite some time and is not the result of an expedited development process.  Although there are always issues during development, our team is highly experienced in exactly this field and we're currently ahead of our original timeline.  Honest Abe, we're scheduling shipments for October of 2012. ..."

Incredible that's still posted. The wording even way back then was weaselesque. Who save a lawyer would say "we're scheduling shipments"? Roll Eyes
Activity: 20
May 31, 2013, 09:36:08 AM
Bfl is a big SCAM!!
Activity: 1162
Merit: 500
May 31, 2013, 05:33:30 AM

No. We heard it there first: http://www.butterflylabs.com/bitforce-sc-release-notes/
(yes, this page is still online!!!)

"... The SC product line has been under development for quite some time and is not the result of an expedited development process.  Although there are always issues during development, our team is highly experienced in exactly this field and we're currently ahead of our original timeline.  Honest Abe, we're scheduling shipments for October of 2012. ..."

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
May 31, 2013, 05:06:56 AM
Only to people who are assholes to me first.  I respond in kind, if you haven't noticed.

"I respond in kind" ... LOL ... that could become the quote of the month  Grin

It'd be nice if he responds in kind, but he generally responds in schwag.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
May 31, 2013, 04:32:06 AM

lol newb account says so, it must be true!
Activity: 14
May 31, 2013, 03:50:37 AM
For all those convinced its a scam..go put your money where your claim is and win some BTC for being right!

they shipped a shitton of jalas today lol.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 759
May 31, 2013, 02:37:30 AM

Activity: 9
May 31, 2013, 12:49:07 AM

Activity: 11
May 30, 2013, 11:50:45 PM
So how long you guys been giving this guy money and he still hasn't delivered anything substantial?  Just curious.

It'll be a year come June. But I think the earlier comments about the value of BTC matching the difficulty are on the right track, just reversed; if network difficulty outpaces the value of BTC to the point where miners are spending more in electricity than they're earning, the most inefficient will likely shut off their hardware. So, if BFL delivers reasonably efficient miners, there's still hope of making some money back. It's not a secret who runs BFL. If they don't deliver *anything*, there'll be a huge class-action suite or massive refunds for everyone who pre-ordered... maybe both.

(And this totally ignores the speculation aspect--if someone is betting on BTC hitting $10,000+ soon, then they'll mine whatever dust they can.)
Activity: 3
May 30, 2013, 11:39:10 PM
So how long you guys been giving this guy money and he still hasn't delivered anything substantial?  Just curious.

Sent from my iPad
legendary
May 30, 2013, 11:33:04 PM
Assuming they do start to deliver, the first recipients will be the only ones that have any chance to pay off their device. Soon after delivery they will not be able to mine more than the best GPU can today.

What are you basing that on?

Please remember that as diff goes up, so will the value of BTC, if it doesn't then no one will mine.

Who is going to run a 50gh unit when the diff is 300m if BTC is $140? No one that is who!

But if BTC is $1000 and you earn 1/10th of a BTC a day, that doesn't suck.

I'm basing it on the fact that difficulty is going to skyrocket and the cost per coin needs to jump astronomically to keep up and make it profitable. You better hope trade volume increases a lot and btc does jump to $1,000 quickly. I don't see the logic in anyone not mining with a device that's energy efficient even as price falls. They waited so long and have such a large investment in hardware it would be stupid to ever shut it off. It's not like you can repurpose it or play video games with it.
Pages:
Jump to: