Pages:
Author

Topic: Butterflylabs Huge SCAM - page 86. (Read 415652 times)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0
May 30, 2013, 11:03:55 PM
Maybe if some of the rumblings regarding legislation to register ownership of precious metals comes to fruition, there will be a larger demand for Bitcoins as a store of wealth. I know I'm seriously thinking about it.
Huh?  Where'd you hear that from, the registration?  I know our pseudo pres is trying to say that the internet fuels extremism and that he's trying to control it.  Heck telegrams fuel extremism, people riding around on horseback fuel extremism, i.e. "The British are coming!"  Bumper stickers fuel it.  There's no end to the governments reach when it comes to security. 

I digress.  Point being, the big O is trying to control bitcoins by controlling the internet.  And the public is oblivious.  Actually makes me comfortable knowing what I know and actually doing something about it. 

Nothing at the federal level right now, just a few states considering laws to document precious metal transactions and limit the use of cash. I believe the intent is to mostly limit crime of precious metals, but it also infringes on those of us that want to anonymous.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext.asp?GAID=11&SessionID=84&GA=97&DocTypeID=SB&DocNum=3341&LegID=64562&SpecSess=0&Session=0

Sometimes it feels like any rights or privileges we have are slowly disappearing.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
May 30, 2013, 09:34:56 PM
seriously its a scam?? holy frijoles!! i just buy a jalapeno few days ago...
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
May 30, 2013, 09:19:50 PM
Maybe if some of the rumblings regarding legislation to register ownership of precious metals comes to fruition, there will be a larger demand for Bitcoins as a store of wealth. I know I'm seriously thinking about it.
Huh?  Where'd you hear that from, the registration?  I know our pseudo pres is trying to say that the internet fuels extremism and that he's trying to control it.  Heck telegrams fuel extremism, people riding around on horseback fuel extremism, i.e. "The British are coming!"  Bumper stickers fuel it.  There's no end to the governments reach when it comes to security. 

I digress.  Point being, the big O is trying to control bitcoins by controlling the internet.  And the public is oblivious.  Actually makes me comfortable knowing what I know and actually doing something about it. 

Nothing at the federal level right now, just a few states considering laws to document precious metal transactions and limit the use of cash. I believe the intent is to mostly limit crime of precious metals, but it also infringes on those of us that want to anonymous.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext.asp?GAID=11&SessionID=84&GA=97&DocTypeID=SB&DocNum=3341&LegID=64562&SpecSess=0&Session=0
Activity: 752
Merit: 500
May 30, 2013, 05:47:33 PM

But if BTC is $1000 and you earn 1/10th of a BTC a day, that doesn't suck.

Yeah, the price of BTC could skyrocket just the same.  The lovely Max Keiser is calling for 200K BTC.  I doubt that but I don't doubt 1000, especially after the USD crashes.
Activity: 14
May 30, 2013, 05:10:17 PM

[/quote]

I ordered one recently with and order number in the 60k somewhere and I'm starting to doubt my earlier assessment :p
[/quote]

Ordering one now is noooo good. Should find a preorder..itll help you jump some of the line.
Activity: 14
May 30, 2013, 04:56:10 PM
Assuming they do start to deliver, the first recipients will be the only ones that have any chance to pay off their device. Soon after delivery they will not be able to mine more than the best GPU can today.

What are you basing that on?

Please remember that as diff goes up, so will the value of BTC, if it doesn't then no one will mine.

Who is going to run a 50gh unit when the diff is 300m if BTC is $140? No one that is who!

I ordered one recently with and order number in the 60k somewhere and I'm starting to doubt my earlier assessment :p
Activity: 854
May 30, 2013, 04:35:19 PM
Assuming they do start to deliver, the first recipients will be the only ones that have any chance to pay off their device. Soon after delivery they will not be able to mine more than the best GPU can today.

What are you basing that on?

Please remember that as diff goes up, so will the value of BTC, if it doesn't then no one will mine.

Who is going to run a 50gh unit when the diff is 300m if BTC is $140? No one that is who!

Activity: 142
Merit: 100
May 30, 2013, 04:34:48 PM
Is this the first time BFL does not have won a auction for advertise on this site (round 83 is now closed)?

Or do they have secured the three slots which is not in the auction?
Activity: 1162
May 30, 2013, 03:05:48 PM
Only to people who are assholes to me first.  I respond in kind, if you haven't noticed.

"I respond in kind" ... LOL ... that could become the quote of the month  Grin

Calling people liars, idiots, retards and cock suckers might be "kind" in the parallel universe you live in - in this universe it's very rude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlWrmIqGs3Y&t=2m48s
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
May 30, 2013, 02:49:05 PM

This was my first thought when I started looking into them. Even if you could get one today, the chances of having it pay off are already slimming down quick. I can't imagine what an influx of ASIC's are going to do to the difficulty. I can see it going up 100x or more within a short period, after which the only people earning anything will be those that have a farm of ASIC's, rather than just one.

Yep, if you don't have one in your hands pretty damn soon don't even bother.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007
May 30, 2013, 02:47:29 PM

This was my first thought when I started looking into them. Even if you could get one today, the chances of having it pay off are already slimming down quick. I can't imagine what an influx of ASIC's are going to do to the difficulty. I can see it going up 100x or more within a short period, after which the only people earning anything will be those that have a farm of ASIC's, rather than just one.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
May 30, 2013, 02:44:55 PM
Activity: 56
May 30, 2013, 02:39:13 PM

https://bitspend.net/ makes it largely irrelevant whether a retailer accepts bitcoin or not. Nice little outfit.
So many things can go wrong with that.  There's no point to it.  Nice concept though.

Why no point?  I think there is a huge need for it.  Great concept and execution IMHO.
Activity: 7
May 30, 2013, 02:37:55 PM
I might gamble away the $274 of the 5Gh on the off chance they actualy deliver
Activity: 752
May 30, 2013, 01:39:49 PM

https://bitspend.net/ makes it largely irrelevant whether a retailer accepts bitcoin or not. Nice little outfit.
So many things can go wrong with that.  There's no point to it.  Nice concept though.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
May 30, 2013, 01:03:39 PM
The bigger problem is that "transaction volume" is decreasing down to what it was when bitcoins were selling for $10 per 1 BTC.

Has no-one noticed this yet?

Unless we convince more places to "use bitcoins", with the many easy integration toys out there... (buy now buttons, web-shop integration, etc...) and convince them that is the ONLY way we intend to pay... also suggesting a decent transaction fee, where possible... (If the pool operators would be kind enough to share those too.)...

Then there will be ZERO transactions...
Zero transactions = Zero blocks found... Even if you have a 400THs machine... Zero transactions = 0THs, without a block to build.

As a newbie, I'm curious.  I realize I should have just googled this, but I'll ask anyway.  How many large Internet retailers have started accepting BTCs?  Are there any organizations out there pushing for more mainstream adoption of BTC?

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008
CEO of IOHK
May 30, 2013, 12:51:33 PM
Are there any organizations out there pushing for mre mainstream adoption of BTC?o

Yes, here is their beta website http://btcedproject.org/
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
May 30, 2013, 12:47:38 PM
The bigger problem is that "transaction volume" is decreasing down to what it was when bitcoins were selling for $10 per 1 BTC.

Has no-one noticed this yet?

Unless we convince more places to "use bitcoins", with the many easy integration toys out there... (buy now buttons, web-shop integration, etc...) and convince them that is the ONLY way we intend to pay... also suggesting a decent transaction fee, where possible... (If the pool operators would be kind enough to share those too.)...

Then there will be ZERO transactions...
Zero transactions = Zero blocks found... Even if you have a 400THs machine... Zero transactions = 0THs, without a block to build.

As a newbie, I'm curious.  I realize I should have just googled this, but I'll ask anyway.  How many large Internet retailers have started accepting BTCs?  Are there any organizations out there pushing for more mainstream adoption of BTC?
Activity: 28
May 30, 2013, 11:55:35 AM
pff. no scam. they deliver in two weeks  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 2267
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
May 30, 2013, 10:53:54 AM
As a non BFL-purchaser the longer it takes the better for the rest of my Miners Wink

But how many miners did you put off buying because of the uncertainty?
Pages:
Jump to: